Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

It really is all in the perception. Personally I find the value of a new gaming system complete with accessories and games to offer more value than multiple copies of the same game and assorted paraphernalia. Thats not to say I'm not a crazy collector because I undoubtedly am and have more than my fair share of shelf warmers. I just find much more personal value in something like this that I'll actively use over something that sits on my shelf. I'm not looking for a monetary return on investment or even to break even in the future, only to experience some new games and have some fun with friends.

All of your complaints are valid and I agree with nearly if not all of it, but its still worth it to me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I most certainly have complaints about the console. But I just don't get the argument that this is a $500 console. You DO NOT have to buy a pro controller, charging dock, or extra accessories. Would you prefer to have a regular pro controller? Sure. But you don't need it. Everything you need to play is in the box. Most of the things you HAVE to buy, you have to buy on other systems as well. Online subscription fee (price unknown right now) and a launch game or two. And even if you feel like you just can't function without those optional accessories, and you do spend $500 on the console...think about how much you pay for your phone. Not your phone bill...just the cost of your phone. Most new flagship phones today are around $650 paid on a lease. For a phone you will use for 2 years and then you will get a new one! Or how about that new $1600 Samsung KS8000 you just bought that you'll use for 5-8 years.

I'm just saying...$300 for years of entertainment is not that bad.

I most certainly have complaints about the console. But I just don't get the argument that this is a $500 console. You DO NOT have to buy a pro controller, charging dock, or extra accessories. Would you prefer to have a regular pro controller? Sure. But you don't need it. Everything you need to play is in the box. Most of the things you HAVE to buy, you have to buy on other systems as well. Online subscription fee (price unknown right now) and a launch game or two. And even if you feel like you just can't function without those optional accessories, and you do spend $500 on the console...think about how much you pay for your phone. Not your phone bill...just the cost of your phone. Most new flagship phones today are around $650 paid on a lease. For a phone you will use for 2 years and then you will get a new one! Or how about that new $1600 Samsung KS8000 you just bought that you'll use for 5-8 years.

I'm just saying...$300 for years of entertainment is not that bad.
I don't own a cellular phone because of their price, and I have no need for one.

...think about how much you pay for your phone. Not your phone bill...just the cost of your phone. Most new flagship phones today are around $650 paid on a lease. For a phone you will use for 2 years and then you will get a new one! Or how about that new $1600 Samsung KS8000 you just bought that you'll use for 5-8 years.
I have never paid outright for a phone. I've payed only the subsidized costs, around $200, and which case the bill payment monthly is about the same anyway as if I were to buy it outright.

Also, the 55" Non-Curved KS8000 is on sale for $1000 right now and everyday I turn it on, I am reminded how great of a purchase it was.

That sword is one cheap ass looking toy... I'd rather get a stupid Amiibo than that piece of trash for $30

Glad I got a Special Edition for me & a few ME for... ahem.. "others"  :whistle2:

That sword is one cheap ass looking toy... I'd rather get a stupid Amiibo than that piece of trash for $30

Glad I got a Special Edition for me & a few ME for... ahem.. "others" :whistle2:
I'm going to rename you: " :whistle2: NeoMonk :whistle2: "

Tried adding to cart, but it is failing to do so. Tried on my computer instead and the listing is non-existent.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I really didn't expect the Pro controller to be a scalpable item. Let's wait and see how other retailers do. Maybe Amazon just temporarily stopped taking orders.

I really didn't expect the Pro controller to be a scalpable item. Let's wait and see how other retailers do. Maybe Amazon just temporarily stopped taking orders.
No idea, but I doubt there will be a limited supply. It's a peripheral. Retailers might stock up a month after release or something. To be honest, we aren't getting Smash or anything that requires a pro controller at launch. I'm wouldn't be too bummed out if I couldn't preorder one.

Just think of the money that would be Nintendo's if they actually made enough of their crap for the legions of fans lined up to hand them their dinero.

I don't own a cellular phone because of their price, and I have no need for one.
I seriously can't comprehend this. Do you have a job? I'm assuming if you do that you have a landline at home for when they need to contact you for something. That seems really inconvenient in this day and age.

*Insert obligatory "backseat CEO" comment here*

It's entertaining to see the same people play both sides of the fence. Repeatedly.
This thread has turned into nothing but blog posts all saying the same thing at this point.

Edit- I originally thought when I made this post I was in the main Switch preorder thread. fuckin' hell, is every god damn Switch-related thread like this now?

Walmart just sent me an email about the Limited Edition saying that the date has changed and that it will be at my house on 3/2/17. I don't know if I should cancel my Toy's 'R' Us order or just keep it in there for now. I will get it a week after release date with TRU, thank god Walmart knows their customers. 

Target also canceled my book order.
Reports of the single order cancellations is evidence that Target is not getting any at all similar to how the MGS V LE artbook was handled. Will be interesting to see if any other retailer gets it besides Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Reports of the single order cancellations is evidence that Target is not getting any at all similar to how the MGS V LE artbook was handled. Will be interesting to see if any other retailer gets it besides Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
Things From Another World had Hyrule Historia LE, and they were actually the *best* place to order it. I don't see it up there yet (unless I missed it).

From Dark Horse's blog:

The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts limited edition is available for preorder from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books A Million, Penguin Random House, Things From Another World, and more. The limited edition retails for $79.99 and goes on sale February 21, 2017.

EDIT: http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/555995/the-legend-of-zelda-art-and-artifacts-limited-edition-by-based-off-the-video-game-series-the-legend-of-zelda-from-nintendo/

There you go. Highly suggest you preorder NOW if you want it. I've never ordered from them, but since Dark Horse mentioned them, you would/should definitely get your item.

Things From Another World had Hyrule Historia LE, and they were actually the *best* place to order it. I don't see it up there yet (unless I missed it).

From Dark Horse's blog:

The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts limited edition is available for preorder from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books A Million, Penguin Random House, Things From Another World, and more. The limited edition retails for $79.99 and goes on sale February 21, 2017.

EDIT: http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/555995/the-legend-of-zelda-art-and-artifacts-limited-edition-by-based-off-the-video-game-series-the-legend-of-zelda-from-nintendo/

There you go. Highly suggest you preorder NOW if you want it. I've never ordered from them, but since Dark Horse mentioned them, you would/should definitely get your item.
TFAW had it last week and sold out. They have since taken down the listing completely, but still offer the standard version.

TFAW had it last week and sold out. They have since taken down the listing completely, but still offer the standard version.
I kinda remembered going there to look and thought I saw it. But then, I thought maybe I was just crazy. :lol:

Thanks, I bit on Penguin Random House as well.  I don't feel good about the unsecured credit card transaction though.  Had my Target order cancelled this morning.

bread's done
Back