Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Amazon is canceling master edition orders.

Hello,

We're contacting you about order # for the following item(s):

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition - Nintendo Switch

We're unable to fulfill your order for the item(s) listed above because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we've cancelled them from your order and your original payment method won't be charged.

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused. To help make up for the inconvenience, we've applied a $10 Amazon.com Gift Card to your account. This amount will be applied to your next eligible order automatically without entering a claim code.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Just had my BotW Master's Edition cancelled as well. Only ordered one and ordered it during the 30 minutes it was up. RIP, sweet CE.

Mine is still okay

happy-tears.gif

I never could get one at BestBuy, so this is my only shot lol

I still have my ME ordered at Gamestop...but it's on the two day $5 shipping.  Is there a risk of it getting canceled to ask them to upgrade the shipping to release-date?

Everyone who order the master edition of Breath Of The Wild on Amazon check your emails. Amazon has been cancelling some of them like mine's sadly got cancelled.

Those that had orders canceled on amazon, did you order within the first few minutes it went up or later?
Ordered it the second it went up, and mine was just cancelled. I am really bummed right now. Goddamn. First they had to cancel my Special Edition, and now my Master Edition. I am so so so bummed right now.

Those that had orders canceled on amazon, did you order within the first few minutes it went up or later?
Ordered it in the first few minutes. Was refreshing the page like a maniac the night of the Switch press conference to get one.

Also, are you Prime members/were you Prime members when you placed the order?
Was a Prime member when I ordered it, still a Prime member now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes, this thing is going to be scarce. I typically don't fault Nintendo for their shortages, but this one seems outrageous. They should just do a lottery and send a redeemable code so folks don't have to deal with this heartache. My apologies to all who had their order cancelled. I missed the ME but ordered the UK limited release. Keeping my fingers crossed for that one, but not feeling great.

Right when it went live

Ordered it the second it went up, and mine was just cancelled. I am really bummed right now. Goddamn. First they had to cancel my Special Edition, and now my Master Edition. I am so so so bummed right now.
Yeah, I also ordered one within about 2 minutes of it going live. Order still up for now though I am anticipating it will be canceled like everyone else's.

Also, are you Prime members/were you Prime members when you placed the order?
Prime member at time of order and currently, but I doubt they are favoring Prime members.

Holy crap, even Primers.

I'm defintely out if that ME order doesn't come through lol

It'll save me like 800 bucks, so not all bad if it does happen, I suppose.

Edit: Oops, only  $430.xx of the cancelled stuff would actually be at Amazon haha

I know this is an overreaction for what is ultimately a toy, but I am legitimately pretty devastated right now. In case my constant posting in this forum wasn't an indicator, I was really pumped/excited for this. I'm not really a collector, just a Zelda fan really looking forward to getting my hands on something cool. Now that ain't happening. Damn.

Time to brave the harsh terrain of launch day in hopes of finding a Special Edition, I guess.  :fridge:

Brother, at the end of the day, just remember it's only stuff. I know, it sucks. I didn't even have a chance to place an order. All I'll say is it's not worth losing sleep over a sword statue and a carrying case. The SE shouldn't be too hard to find. Good luck.

I know this is an overreaction for what is ultimately a toy, but I am legitimately pretty devastated right now. In case my constant posting in this forum wasn't an indicator, I was really pumped/excited for this. I'm not really a collector, just a Zelda fan really looking forward to getting my hands on something cool. Now that ain't happening. Damn.

Time to brave the harsh terrain of launch day in hopes of finding a Special Edition, I guess. :fridge:

And this is why you don't buy or sell anything before you have it in your hand. Going to be a lot of upset eBay buyers and sellers this week.
The same apply to eBay buyers.

Those people should know beforehand buying a pre-order opens up the risk of issues with orders and stuff. It goes both ways.

Right as it live

Time to brave the harsh terrain of launch day in hopes of finding a Special Edition, I guess. :fridge:
What makes me angered about this is that this is something that shouldn't be happening to pre-orders.

I had to check my Amazon order for the ME.

Isn't cancel yet but they did cancel my SE as stated before they were going to reinstate it.

I wonder how rare the ME are now with Amazon canceling them, either way I'm planning on keeping mine .

How long was it up on Amazon? I was thinking it sold out fast which would indicate they already knew it was pretty damn limited.
Not very long, less than 20 minutes if I remember correctly. Has everyone's orders from Amazon been cancelled? Maybe they're just gonna put what stock they do have back up on release day? Eh? Maybe? No? Yeah I didn't think so.

Also... very fun that the regular Switch edition of Zelda is sold out, too. This is great. :rofl:

I'll be pissed when people who ordered after me get it. Not mad at them, at Amazon. Would be like waiting in line for a game, get to me and be like "we're out of stock" then after I leave they find more copies for the people behind me haha. My luck.

Not yet.

And now I'll be refreshing my email and Amazon.com account like a schizophrenic psycho until it ships on March 3rd.

I have a math exam tomorrow dammit 

I'll be pissed when people who ordered after me get it. Not mad at them, at Amazon. Would be like waiting in line for a game, get to me and be like "we're out of stock" then after I leave they find more copies for the people behind me haha. My luck.
Nintendo is the one to blame in the first place.

Anyone whose order still hasnt gotten canceled yet from Amazon, what time did you receive the order confirmation email? I looked back and my email was time 3:25am CST

worst part is that you can't even hope to get a special edition at this point if you hinged on amazon to come through

WTF is going on? Master Editions are getting cancelled?! Mine is safe. Ordered at 3:25am the morning after the Switch presentation.

Damn I was waiting until launch to get one on ebay because I was afraid something like this would happen but now we know they'll be even scarcer and now I don't know if I'll be able to find one at a reasonable price anymore

Damn I was waiting until launch to get one on ebay because I was afraid something like this would happen but now we know they'll be even scarcer and now I don't know if I'll be able to find one at a reasonable price anymore
I'd be interested to see how bad ebay prices soar once word spreads

I even organized/cleared a spot on my shelf for the statue and everything. Now it's just mocking me with its emptiness.

Anyone have a rebound game series they can hook me up with that won't break my heart this way?

bread's done
Back