Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Friend with an order of 3 ME's just got shipping confirmation from GS so I can confirm they're honoring orders with multiples. I didn't bother buying any on GS since no 20% GCU/Prime discount. Kinda regret it now after seeing the rarity/value of them.

My AZ order will be arriving tomorrow. Praying for no box damage.

Friend with an order of 3 ME's just got shipping confirmation from GS so I can confirm they're honoring orders with multiples. I didn't bother buying any on GS since no 20% GCU/Prime discount. Kinda regret it now after seeing the rarity/value of them.

My AZ order will be arriving tomorrow. Praying for no box damage.
It's coming in the biggest bubble mailer they have, maybe even just a shipping label attached to the box.

Looks like Wii U and Switch versions are pretty close now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULdnYnUv4uY
Has it been confirmed anywhere what the resolutions are? Pre-release, it was stated that 720p for Wii U vs 900p for NS. But pre-release, the Wii U version also showed a lot more slowdown/stuttering so...

This is good news for me either way. The game's gonna look blurry on my TV either way but at least there's no slowdown. I might just play the Wii U version at this point since I have zero desire to get a NS if the the Wii U version is this similar.

Did anyone see if Play-Asia's ME ever went up? I've been watching it off and on all day, figured I would grab one if I could. It changed status all day from coming soon to whatever else, and now it shows out of stock/out of print. I figured this would happen, as I think they just couldn't get stock, but I figured I would ask and see if anyone say anywhere that some one got in on it or not. 

http://www.play-asia.com/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-master-edition/13/70avg9?affiliate_id=16202

Didn't read back far in the thread to see if someone posted this but here is the brickseek SKU for the SE for walmart: 55432569

A half dozen at most stores in my area, some have as many as 18, I may go get in line...

Did anyone see if Play-Asia's ME ever went up? I've been watching it off and on all day, figured I would grab one if I could. It changed status all day from coming soon to whatever else, and now it shows out of stock/out of print. I figured this would happen, as I think they just couldn't get stock, but I figured I would ask and see if anyone say anywhere that some one got in on it or not.

http://www.play-asia.com/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-master-edition/13/70avg9?affiliate_id=16202
Apparently they never got any, according to another post in the deals section.

Forgot to mention my Meijer only got THREE copies of BOTW Wii U. That worries me a bit. Was hoping to get it during Targets B2G1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently they never got any, according to another post in the deals section.
Cool, as I knew there must be some cases where they just never get stock. As some items I've never seen come up to order, and it always shows sold out/Out of print, so I always assumed they where selling out in seconds, or just not ever getting inventory. Even though I was busy most of the day today, I checked their site when I could, so I could see specifically if they where going to list this, or just go strait to sold out.

The quality of the special edition box is really nice
The inside pieces that held everything are shit but the outer box is great

52K8hEZ.jpg

I showed up at my Gamestop at 12:10-15ish and they had one Special Edition left. Grabbed it out of impulse, not regretting it.

Boy this case is ugly, though.  :lol:

Also it smells like Payless.

What time did you get there? I am curious to maybe try my Bestbuy tonight.
I didn't go early because I had everything pre-ordered (showed up at 10:30pm), but asked on a whim about the possibility of a master edition. They had one. No one was in line when I walked up...it's cold here, so everyone took their tickets and went to their car (non preordered consoles)

They wouldnt ticket the extra master edition or the one extra special edition. So I stood out in the cold and left with my 2 pre-ordered specials, a master edition, a neon switch and a pro controller. Score!

They had two extra Master Editions at my Best Buy. I didn't line up early but would've. My fault for trusting information on here about no stores having extra instead of just lining up like I should have.

I wonder if Breath of the Wild wasn't a Zelda IP if it would have gotten perfect scores

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Likely not. Its not impressive on its own, its impressive that the standardized Zelda mold we've all become accustomed to has finally been broken and improved upon.

People are just happy to have something refreshing that upends their preconceived expectations of the series.

Anyone who opened the SE, does it comes with a sealed in plastic copy of the game?

I preordered SE at Best Buy but they screwed up and delayed the shipping til Monday. I bought a regular version in the mean time and plan on returning the sealed one back to them aft t I open my SE

Anyone who opened the SE, does it comes with a sealed in plastic copy of the game?

I preordered SE at Best Buy but they screwed up and delayed the shipping til Monday. I bought a regular version in the mean time and plan on returning the sealed one back to them aft t I open my SE
Says "not for resale" where the upc should be.

Go back a few pages yesterday sometime in this thread someone posted a picture. I didn't think it read not for resale however there were comments about the backside having different look. It appeared to actually have a UPC on the back to me.

It is sealed but it does say not for resale.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As others have said, it says "Not for resale", has a completely different back cover and a different UPC as well I'm pretty certain.

For those of you who ordered the ME of Legend of Zelda on Amazon... my order (as of this morning says) "Preparing for Shipment" any idea on how long it typically takes to ship after this? I'm debating on whether or not to pickup the Wii U version while I wait but if it'll be here tomorrow I'll just wait.

Likely not. Its not impressive on its own, its impressive that the standardized Zelda mold we've all become accustomed to has finally been broken and improved upon.

People are just happy to have something refreshing that upends their preconceived expectations of the series.
Did you complete the game already?

Not being snarky. I'm actually just curious.

I'm not entirely sure this is true. A lot of reviews I've seen from people who were clearly Zelda fans thought it was amazing in spite of all of the changes to the formula, not because of. Only time will tell I suppose!

Did you complete the game already?
Not being snarky. I'm actually just curious.

Honestly that came out worded more poorly than I intended. No I did not finish the game but I didn't mean to imply it wasn't impressive at all on its own merits, just that it's definitely not perfect which the scores imply. The Zelda lineage is definitely what is elevating it to the 10/10 realm. Take off the Zelda skin and leave it as a new IP and we'd likely see 9/10's complimenting the game on a fresh spin on the classic Zelda formula.

I'm not entirely sure this is true. A lot of reviews I've seen from people who were clearly Zelda fans thought it was amazing in spite of all of the changes to the formula, not because of. Only time will tell I suppose!
Zelda fans are going to like it regardless. Love of characters, settings and lore go a long way. I find opinions of non Zelda fans more objective.

So is the sword of the ME plastic?
No. Very happy I found a 2nd one for myself last night at Best Buy and decided to purchase. It's weighty and the sword feels interesting, cat describe what it is but I imagine some sort of resin. I will say at first removal it SMELLS!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Standard edition back up on Amazon for those wanting to use that $10 cancellation credit.  :roll:

Here's to hoping they put up the Special Edition soon and I can grab one and return this one I paid full price for. 

Also available at bestbuy.
Was it ever orderable? Got the nowinstock alert but showing not available for shipping nor pickup. Also noticed "sold out" instead of "coming soon", anybody able to get some from BB this morning? Got two coming from Walmart but would be nice to get that GCU discount.

bread's done
Back