Zelda delayed till 2006

[quote name='c']No way man, the textures on the N64 left everyone with a bad taste in their mouths. How am I supposed to play, take Ogre Battle for example, when even the character sprites are blurred into the background beyond recognition? Ocarina of Time had some of the most blurred textures ever. And for some reason, I get the impression that Nintendo thought it looked better that way. It's why late PS1 games looked so much better than anything the N64 put out - no blurry textures.[/QUOTE]

It didn't make Ocarina any less amazing of a game.

First this, now the 360 is too expensive...well, at least my wallet and my grades will be happy

[quote name='rohlfinator']
Agreed, but I don't think it'll drastically affect the sales of the game. Zelda has been the most anticipated title on GameStats since Halo 2 was released. I doubt that the nearly 20 million GameCube owners will suddenly decide not to buy it because it's been delayed.[/QUOTE]

As I said before, the delay itself could well be inconsequential--unless Nintendo is planning on going toe-to-toe with the juggernauts.

You're also forgetting that most of those 20 million own a GameCube as their second system, and rest assured, many will be waiting in line for either a PS3 or Halo 3. Again, it's not the delay, it's the spring competition.

[quote name='rohlfinator']Yeah, that could hurt sales a bit, although I imagine Nintendo will try to use the Revolution to help boost sales. I know several people who don't have Cubes, but they're planning to get a Revolution along with Zelda because it looks more enticing. The Revolution's backward compatibility ensures that TP won't be forgotten as much as Majora's Mask was, since people can upgrade and still be able to play it.[/QUOTE]

That's not going to help Nintendo, either. We don't even know when the Revolution will launch (but do know that it will likely be after the PS3).

And how many people really want to buy a new system just to play an older-generation game? On the other hand, how many people will really be excited about buying a title from this generation along with their shiny, new, next-generation console? You, me, and a few of our friends, perhaps--but look at the big picture.

If Nintendo's Revolution lineup is so weak that they need to push back a GameCube title in hopes of some incredible cross-promotion, they don't stand a chance in the next generation.

bread's done
Back