Zelda: TP Limited Edition Hardback guide back to 19.99 Best Buy B&M

Strell

CAGiversary!
Feedback
288 (100%)
Edit: Oh sad day that they now are back to 19.99!

I put in this thread, but people (Edit: Indeed, Sir Roufuss) are saying it deserves its own thread.

The LE Zelda Guide with the gold trim and cloth map is $17.99 at Best Buy in store. In-store link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8174487&st=zelda&type=product&id=1162594204759

I didn't know this. I saw it at 19.99, decided using a GGC on it was good enough for me, so I checked out. I noticed the clerk was taking a little longer than I thought he would. Turns out it rang up 17.99, but he overrode the coupon's 19.99 limitation anyway, giving it to me for 12.99.

At the worst you can get it for 17.99, aye?

Edit: Wanted to add this - oddly, the LE guide was next to the other Prima guides (both the Wii and GC versions), and they were marked 19.99 as well. So go figure on that.

Edit 2: The bullet list on the back states "written specifically for the Wii version." Sorry Roufuss. :(

Edit 3: Holy shit. Appears to be 9.99 now. ....I OVERPAID THREE DOLLARS!!!

I managed to find a few more late last night and this morning, so there's three that are unclaimed. Might be more if the people who asked about them last night decide they don't want them. PM me if interested.

Oh, for people thinking that they're going to be restocked, you may want to reconsider that thought. The SKU # for the guide, 8174487, was shown to be a deleted SKU in the BB inventory system, when I had an employee looking for them last night at the store I was at. Deleted SKU items almost never, ever get restocked at BB, because when they delete a SKU, it's for an item that's no longer going to be sold, or because the supplier isn't making it/supplying it anymore.

Have a BB rep check the SKU in their inventory system and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I went looking for it at my local store, and even though their inventory showed they have 6 in stock, nobody has been able to find any in the back. Now that it's available online as well, I can finally choose in-store pickup. Hopefully they'll be forced to find them now.

Big ups to Shrike who scored me one today and shipped it at cost not big profit! Im heading out for some shopping today and if im near best buy ill stop and see if they have any to do the same for others here.

I'm probably being extra-CAGy here, but is there a free shipping coupon for BB?

I'm on the fence - I want the book, but I have the GC version and doubt I'll ever have the Wii version.

[quote name='rendil']I went looking for it at my local store, and even though their inventory showed they have 6 in stock, nobody has been able to find any in the back. Now that it's available online as well, I can finally choose in-store pickup. Hopefully they'll be forced to find them now.[/quote]
One problem with doing the in-store pickup when they can't find it.

When the inventory runner goes looking for them and can't find it, he'll mark the item as a "No Pick", which means they can't find it anywhere in the store. This will de-select that store from being able to do an in-store pickup, regardless if they have it or not. They can remove the "No Pick" status from their store, though the inventory or ops manager has to do it.

I ran through this crap with another order and learned it the hard way.

Eh, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I have a feeling if I keep sitting on the fence, it's going to go out of stock again and I'll end up regretting it.

Meh, it's OOS again on the site. I too was on the fence yesterday, considering I don't have a Wii yet or the GC version. But at $10 I was seriously thinking about it.

Now all my local stores (West LA) are sold out and the closest appears to be freaking Burbank, Simi Valley, or Thousand Oaks.

I FAEL.:drool:

[quote name='shrike4242']One problem with doing the in-store pickup when they can't find it.

When the inventory runner goes looking for them and can't find it, he'll mark the item as a "No Pick", which means they can't find it anywhere in the store. This will de-select that store from being able to do an in-store pickup, regardless if they have it or not. They can remove the "No Pick" status from their store, though the inventory or ops manager has to do it.

I ran through this crap with another order and learned it the hard way.[/quote]

In this case, it seemed to work out alright. Got my email telling me it was ready for in-store pickup. I won't be able to head out there until my lunch break to find out for sure, though.

I think in this case, either the employee helping me out didn't know where to look or was just too lazy. He didn't even want to check in the back until I pointed out that the website showed they have them in stock.

[quote name='rendil']In this case, it seemed to work out alright. Got my email telling me it was ready for in-store pickup. I won't be able to head out there until my lunch break to find out for sure, though.

I think in this case, either the employee helping me out didn't know where to look or was just too lazy. He didn't even want to check in the back until I pointed out that the website showed they have them in stock.[/quote]That's how it's been for me with a few in-store pickup orders. Some people just don't care. Or they produce the game instead of the guide. :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']That's how it's been for me with a few in-store pickup orders. Some people just don't care. Or they produce the game instead of the guide. :roll:[/quote]

Hey, I'd take the game for $9.99 over the guide any day. ;)

[quote name='rendil']In this case, it seemed to work out alright. Got my email telling me it was ready for in-store pickup. I won't be able to head out there until my lunch break to find out for sure, though.

I think in this case, either the employee helping me out didn't know where to look or was just too lazy. He didn't even want to check in the back until I pointed out that the website showed they have them in stock.[/QUOTE]

I personally hate Best Buy in store pickup. Circuit City kicks their ass with it. Both times I have done in store pickup with Best Buy, I've had problems. First time they did not get the order ready within 6 hours, the second time I walked into the store the next day and they still did not have it behind the counter so I went to the isle, picked up the DVD and paid for it normal. I will never be doing in store again with Best Buy. At least Circuit City gives you $24.00 if they mess up, Best Buy gives you the finger.

My BB had four of these guides yesterday. I passed, but I'm still trying to decide if I want to go back for one. My funds are getting low and I really should pass.

You can actually get the Zelda 'Ltd Hardback' or 'Premiere Edition (softback)' for -$5-. The 'Fall 2006 edition code book' is marked 'FREE' and comes with a 5$ off any PRIMA guide coupon in the back of the book. Look for the book - it's with all the other guides. Tear this out and use it at the register... I just scored the hardback and 2 premiere editions for $15.

Also, ALL Prima guides are $10 off... the sale price rings up at the register.

... and if anyone is still into Pokemon - the $12.99 Pokemon Pocket Pokedex book rings up as $2.99.

[quote name='abreed']I personally hate Best Buy in store pickup. Circuit City kicks their ass with it. Both times I have done in store pickup with Best Buy, I've had problems. First time they did not get the order ready within 6 hours, the second time I walked into the store the next day and they still did not have it behind the counter so I went to the isle, picked up the DVD and paid for it normal. I will never be doing in store again with Best Buy. At least Circuit City gives you $24.00 if they mess up, Best Buy gives you the finger.[/QUOTE]

I love Best Buy's in-store pickup. I ordered Office Season 1 for $10 during the BF sale w/ in-store pickup. When I went to get it that night, they gave me season 2. :p Go Best Buy!

[quote name='soulwish2003']You can actually get the Zelda 'Ltd Hardback' or 'Premiere Edition (softback)' for -$5-. The 'Fall 2006 edition code book' is marked 'FREE' and comes with a 5$ off any PRIMA guide coupon in the back of the book. Look for the book - it's with all the other guides. Tear this out and use it at the register... I just scored the hardback and 2 premiere editions for $15.

Also, ALL Prima guides are $10 off... the sale price rings up at the register.

... and if anyone is still into Pokemon - the $12.99 Pokemon Pocket Pokedex book rings up as $2.99.[/QUOTE]

Is this what you meant by the Fall 2006 edition code book?

The three "extra" guides I had are all allocated, for the moment. If this changes, I'll let everyone know.

[quote name='rendil']Hey, I'd take the game for $9.99 over the guide any day. ;)[/quote] As would I, though I'm too honest to pull that one off. :D

[quote name='abreed']I personally hate Best Buy in store pickup. Circuit City kicks their ass with it. Both times I have done in store pickup with Best Buy, I've had problems. First time they did not get the order ready within 6 hours, the second time I walked into the store the next day and they still did not have it behind the counter so I went to the isle, picked up the DVD and paid for it normal. I will never be doing in store again with Best Buy. At least Circuit City gives you $24.00 if they mess up, Best Buy gives you the finger.[/quote] Though, their in-store pickup isn't as across-the-board as BB's, since I can't order games for in-store pickup at CC, like I can at BB.

The $24 gift card setup is a nice way to make customer happier, yes. BB's provided me gift cards for in-store pickup screw-ups, though it's when they royally screwed up and couldn't make it right at all, and I know I can't count on that like I can with CC.

Has anyone tried to use it with the GGC yet?.... I tried it out of curiosity and it didnt ring up $5 off... but the cashier pushed a few buttons and BOOM...
Zelda TP: Limited Edition Hardcover for $5.... horray beer!

The BB near me shows it as being out of stock. I might swing by anyway, but if anyone has any extra that they might be thinking of selling cheap, I'd certainly take a gander.

[quote name='V Man']Has anyone tried to use it with the GGC yet?.... I tried it out of curiosity and it didnt ring up $5 off... but the cashier pushed a few buttons and BOOM...
Zelda TP: Limited Edition Hardcover for $5.... horray beer![/quote] GGC's shouldn't work, since the item isn't $19.99 or more.

The GamePro coupons work for some people, as the guide is a Wii accessory, though it's been YMMV on it being used. From past peoples' comments, it doesn't seem to be working automatically, though some people have the cashier manually adjust the price.

[quote name='shrike4242']GGC's shouldn't work, since the item isn't $19.99 or more.

The GamePro coupons work for some people, as the guide is a Wii accessory, though it's been YMMV on it being used.[/QUOTE]

Yea I figured I'd have the "shocked, i cant believe it's so cheap" look when it rings in and try to ask if i could still use it since it was originally $30.... but the cashier totally bypassed that and did it herself no questions asked.... i think all she pretty much read was $5 off and punched it in...

My online order is backordered. :whistle2:( Really sucks that our store didn't have any of these - I don't know if they ever had them or not.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Only 2 more left on the shelf in West Covina.[/QUOTE]

I went yesterday at around 6pm. Couldn't find them, probably sold out, bah!

[quote name='argyle']My online order is backordered. :whistle2:( Really sucks that our store didn't have any of these - I don't know if they ever had them or not.[/quote]

My online order shipped this morning. I wouldn't have had to go this route but it looks like yesterday afternoon someone snagged the last copy at the benton harbor, MI bestbuy and I was going to pick it up after work. :bomb:

[quote name='shrike4242']GGC's shouldn't work, since the item isn't $19.99 or more.[/quote]They shouldn't work, but I've learned now that they do work. There's no built-in restriction on the coupon in terms of price. If the cashier lets it slide, hitting total will take $5 off.

[quote name='botticus']They shouldn't work, but I've learned now that they do work. There's no built-in restriction on the coupon in terms of price. If the cashier lets it slide, hitting total will take $5 off.[/QUOTE]

Yea on the receipt, it just said " $5 off any VG Software or ACC" so i guess it's pretty easy to do (IF they let you slide)

[quote name='botticus']They shouldn't work, but I've learned now that they do work. There's no built-in restriction on the coupon in terms of price. If the cashier lets it slide, hitting total will take $5 off.[/quote]
Actually, it does have a built-in restriction.

If you use it on a $19.99 or more item, when the register does a "Apply Package Prices", it works without issue. On an item less than $19.99, then it won't be applied correctly as a package, and it'll need a manual adjustment.

The GamePro coupon works in the same vein, though guides aren't coded in the system correctly for it to work, as they're not considered an accessory for the coupon. As the GGC works on an item $19.99 or more, and guides are considered accessories in this way, it works in principle.

The GamePro coupon has a better chance of working on the guides than the GGC, though neither one works without manual intervention.

OOS online, and for local pickup it looks like all but 1 of the 6 stores don't have them any more (whereas yesterday 5 of the 6 did have them). Wow, must be more lurkers here than I imagined ;).

Fpr those who couldn't get it or don't have a BB near them, buy.com has this back in stock. It's $17.xx, but combine it with stuff for the google checkout discount (preferably some books to get free shipping over $25. I got 2 graphic novels) and it ends up being almost as good of a deal. I got the guide + 2 graphic novels for $23.33 shipped.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Yeah, that is the book. Rings up .00 at the register and the tag on the rack said 'FREE'. It also has a '$5 off Prima' sticker on the cover.[/QUOTE]

do you know if more than one guide can be used at a time or is it one guide per coupon?

I got my instore pickup order today and the employee who got it for me almost gave me the actual Wii Zelda game instead of the guide. I almost got the game for $9.99 but I wanted the guide more as I already have the game.

Thanks OP I just got one with GamePro scan coupon from here at West LA best buy was last one left. $4.99 registered scan coupon no problem. Gal never said a word or anything to me about coupon so I assume either she did manual overide or system took the coupon fine.

Thanks again great find.

[quote name='ogbaka']i just got one at BB in industry in southern CA. there was still 2 when i left. thanks.

I just got the enchanted arms for free cause it ran up as 0.00 for me.
if only i knew about the Fall 2006 edition code book, then i would have gotten that too.[/QUOTE]

Hmm is this worth the 16 minute trip? Ahhhhh

bread's done
Back