Zelda: TP Limited Edition Hardback guide back to 19.99 Best Buy B&M

Strell

CAGiversary!
Feedback
288 (100%)
Edit: Oh sad day that they now are back to 19.99!

I put in this thread, but people (Edit: Indeed, Sir Roufuss) are saying it deserves its own thread.

The LE Zelda Guide with the gold trim and cloth map is $17.99 at Best Buy in store. In-store link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8174487&st=zelda&type=product&id=1162594204759

I didn't know this. I saw it at 19.99, decided using a GGC on it was good enough for me, so I checked out. I noticed the clerk was taking a little longer than I thought he would. Turns out it rang up 17.99, but he overrode the coupon's 19.99 limitation anyway, giving it to me for 12.99.

At the worst you can get it for 17.99, aye?

Edit: Wanted to add this - oddly, the LE guide was next to the other Prima guides (both the Wii and GC versions), and they were marked 19.99 as well. So go figure on that.

Edit 2: The bullet list on the back states "written specifically for the Wii version." Sorry Roufuss. :(

Edit 3: Holy shit. Appears to be 9.99 now. ....I OVERPAID THREE DOLLARS!!!

I don't know how I missed this but I was able to pick one up for $10. I didn't bother with GGC since my BB is slow as shit.

I used the online locater before I went and had to pick up something else at BestBuy so I decided to give it a shot. Amazingly, there were 4 there when I went and 2 for the GC version. This is for the Rockford, IL BestBuy BTW.

Thanks Strell.

[quote name='speedy05']to get a previously bought guide price adjusted [with a coupon] do I just need to bring in the coupon + original receipt?[/quote]
Good luck in that case.

It's not a PM when you're using a coupon. They'd have to return it and re-sell it, which is at the discretion of the person at the counter. If you found a new one on the shelf, buy it with the coupon and then return it with the old receipt.

well there is legit coupon that works...in the free code book ymmv fall version (normally 6.95 but free right now along with other strategy guides) there is a $5 off coupon off prima guides. I took all 5 and bought 5 guides at $5 each. code book and zelda guide for $5...can't complanin

[quote name='shrike4242']Actually, it does have a built-in restriction.

If you use it on a $19.99 or more item, when the register does a "Apply Package Prices", it works without issue. On an item less than $19.99, then it won't be applied correctly as a package, and it'll need a manual adjustment.
[/quote]Strange, as it worked twice (she tried to use two GGCs, the first one applied correctly, the second did not, so she voided both and rescanned the first one, which applied correctly on total.

Does anyone know if the $10 off Prima guides is YMMV? I was at the BB at McKinley Mall, Hamburg, NY and the Premiere edition (softcover) still rang up $19.99 but the LE rang up $9.99. The reason I'm asking is I bought the softcover version yesterday before seeing this thread and wanted to PM it and essentially get the Limited Edition for free. You know, 1 to use and 1 to look all nice on the shelf.

Thanks OP, didn't find a guide at the Best Buy I hit but I did find this.

Enjoy.

Also, looks like it isn't for all Prima guides because I was hoping to snag an Oblivion guide for $5 but it's still $20 on the website.

[quote name='purduealum91']Some mofo took all of the ones @ the Crystal Lake, IL store. Grrr...[/quote] The Best Buy in South Elgin, IL had about five left since this morning. I went back at around 6 PM and nobody had bought a single one yet, so I grabbed one for myself (even though I already have the Official Nintendo Power one). It seems nobody knows that they're on sale.

Wow, great tip! I went out and managed to get about 10 of the free code books. Using the coupons I got a bunch of stuff but worth mentioning is the softcover Pokedex for free w/ coupon, and NFS Carbon, Pokemon Rescue, and Pokemon Ranger guides for $1.99/each w/ coupon. Too bad the coupons expire on 12/24.

Also definitely worth mentioning is that the XBox 360 Enchanted Arms guides are ringing up as $0.00 as well. I could have been a dick and grabbed all of them but I just grabbed 1. I doubt it will ever be worth anything anyways.

And for anyone who was going to try to pick up the Cube LoZ guide or Yoshi DS with $10 off, they are ringing up full price. I might have to go back and argue that one tomorrow.

kspiff

no guides at my store even theough 3 days earlier they had a stack. but i also noticed they actually had Zelda in stock for once also. i have my nintendo power one but a LE for 9.99 wouldve been nice.

Just a heads-up, the guide is showing in stock again online. I'm assuming this means the one I ordered yesterday will be coming off of backorder. :)

Morning -
Have an extra copy or two.
Alas no coupons were available....
Would prefer trading (be aware this weighs over 3 pounds without packaging!)
PM please ... umds, psp/ds puzzles....

How long does BB usually hold stuff for instore pick up? I ordered 2 yesterday, which ended up getting split into two nearby stores for me to pick up, but yesterday was a hectic day for me, so I didn't have time after work to grab them. They should hold them for at least a few days, right?

[quote name='godmike007']How long does BB usually hold stuff for instore pick up? I ordered 2 yesterday, which ended up getting split into two nearby stores for me to pick up, but yesterday was a hectic day for me, so I didn't have time after work to grab them. They should hold them for at least a few days, right?[/quote]
Eight days from the day you place the order.

You start getting daily reminder emails to go pick it up around day 3.

They normally close out the order and mark it as unfulfilled on the COB of day 8. I think that even on Xmas, it'll count as a day, so I wouldn't wait too long before going out there to get 'em.

OMG...

This is the most positively WORST time for it to happen. I'm flat broke, and I still have to get presents for 2 other people...

And I need this guide.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Thanks OP, didn't find a guide at the Best Buy I hit but I did find this.

Enjoy.

Also, looks like it isn't for all Prima guides because I was hoping to snag an Oblivion guide for $5 but it's still $20 on the website.[/quote]

if only someone posted a direct link 2 days earlier....

Want to say thanks... I got my son a Wii and Zelda for his B-day next month, and he loves game guides. I went to my BB today and they still had some copies. This was the perfect addition for his B-day.

I picked up the last one at the Northcrest BB here in Fort Wayne, IN. I got it for $5 with that coupon in the cheat codes book. That was the last of that one as well. I couldn't resist.

Thanks for informing me about this deal. It is a really nice looking guide.

HOLY SHiT.

10 bucks... Sold out... =/

I called up my local BB, said they didn't hear anything about it being $9.99
or anything.... Garr!

Can I pay someone 10 bucks via Paypal for this please?

[quote name='Joystick76']HOLY SHiT.

10 bucks... Sold out... =/

I called up my local BB, said they didn't hear anything about it being $9.99
or anything.... Garr!

Can I pay someone 10 bucks via Paypal for this please?[/QUOTE]

Get off of your lazy ass and go to Best Buy and pick one up. They ring up 9.99. Also why call and ask a BB Employee? They are idiots as it is.

EDIT: Also 10.00 total won't cover shipping also.

Really? Where's that 5 dollar off thing... Can I pick it up in store? Sorry, printer's fxcked up.

In fact... I'll try to fix it.

They said they JUST got in like, 20 of them.

Jake needs 5 dollar LE guide. w00t!

Where's the coupon link? Please, anyone??

[quote name='erehwon']I picked up the last one at the Northcrest BB here in Fort Wayne, IN. I got it for $5 with that coupon in the cheat codes book. That was the last of that one as well. I couldn't resist.

Thanks for informing me about this deal. It is a really nice looking guide.[/QUOTE]

argh was heading there in a few mins

They didn't have any at the King of Prussia PA BestBuy. Very rude employee in the games section when I even asked about a regular game, not the guide. Another employee came over and assisted me and even offered to go in the back and LOOK for me. Now there's something that you don't see at BestBuy regularly.

I ordered on Amazon and the copy that they said was going to take 4-6 weeks to ship, shipped today. :)

Alright went to the BestBuy in Chico, CA and they had 2 (that I could see) - I bought one for myself and one for my friend who wanted one. Not sure if there are any more left.
And I saw the code book but it said $6.99, and I didn't want to hassle with trying to get it free (wish the coupon had been put up online yesterday night)
But I got there and thought the guides were all gone, but they were sorta hiding - the guides there were a mess. They were marked $20 so I went to the dude standing at their in-store computer (wanted to do it myself but he seemed to be stationed there), and when I asked him he gave me all sorts of 'tude. I said, "I heard this guide was $10 right now, so I wanted to check in the computer before I got in line," and he responded, "Well it is normally $30" (I think he thought I meant $10 off). But he eventually checked, and it was $10, and I am happy, even though I didn't get the $5 off. And that is my long and pointless story.

Hard cover Limited edition.

Holy wow.

It better have been licked by Miyamoto to make it worth that kind of cake.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Thanks OP, didn't find a guide at the Best Buy I hit but I did find this.

Enjoy.

Also, looks like it isn't for all Prima guides because I was hoping to snag an Oblivion guide for $5 but it's still $20 on the website.[/QUOTE]

The new revised edition of the Oblivion guide does indeed ring up as $9.99. Grabbed one for myself at $5. Could have gotten one of the free ones but figured for $5 the corrected/enhanced version was worth it. Looked like there was an additional 60+ pages in there.

I also grabbed a Zelda: LE Hardcover guide while I was in there. There were about 4-5 copies left last night so I will go in there today and see if I can grab a couple more for CAGs.

for anyone in the bay area, the mountain view best buy should have about 4 copies left as of 9:30 today. never been there before so of course i got lost looking for it, but ended up snagging 2 copies for my troubles. luckily they were never put on the floor so they didn't sell out super quick. believe the last 4 copies are on the floor now so anyone in the area should get there asap.

Awesome, I finally made it back to BB to get the price adjustment, I got $10.60 back. I was gonna try to use that $5 off any Prima guide coupon that was posted earlier on another guide (one to open and look at, one to save), but there weren't any copies left. Damn I'm glad I bought my copy when I did!

Eh well, it's for the Wii version anyway. I wanted it more as a collectible souvenir than anything, I'm a Zelda whore. :D

Great deal!

Enjoy.

Also, looks like it isn't for all Prima guides because I was hoping to snag an Oblivion guide for $5 but it's still $20 on the website.[/QUOTE]

That coupon expired 2/24/2006. Does the computer still take the $5 off automatically?

[quote name='Josef']That coupon expired 2/24/2006. Does the computer still take the $5 off automatically?[/QUOTE]

ahh
look again.
the expiration date is 12/24/2006.
:)

[quote name='wbc1228']ahh
look again.
the expiration date is 12/24/2006.
:)[/QUOTE]

My bad. That "1" is a bit faded on the coupon.

I couldnt find it today....and they wouldnt give me a rebate...

Anyone know how long this sale is gonna last? Or is it over tomorrow?

bread's done
Back