ZUNE and your X360 - ZUNE HD Now in 64GB - Latest Update Now Supports AVI/XviD

Wow, the ten song keep it plan was the final incentive I needed to sign up for the Zune pass, I'll do it really soon. And the games seem pretty cool, but I wish I could play checkers against a friend wirelessly.

This seems like a pretty good deal if you're buying an MP3 player for a daughter. 4 GBs should be plenty, and it comes with a case which is good for a child:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9072861&type=product&id=1218024684863

EDIT- I can't download the update. When I click Check for Updates, it tells me that an Unknown Error has Occurred. Anybody know a better way to do this?

[quote name='sj41']Wow, the ten song keep it plan was the final incentive I needed to sign up for the Zune pass, I'll do it really soon. And the games seem pretty cool, but I wish I could play checkers against a friend wirelessly.

This seems like a pretty good deal if you're buying an MP3 player for a daughter. 4 GBs should be plenty, and it comes with a case which is good for a child:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9072861&type=product&id=1218024684863

[/quote]

I just found out that the kept tracks are saved as MP3's, too...no DRM. Nice. I think I'm in. I might even dump my eMusic subscription for it.

That is a good deal...too bad it's pink. I want to get my brother a Zune for Xmas and a pink one just won't fly. ;)

[quote name='sj41']Wow, the ten song keep it plan was the final incentive I needed to sign up for the Zune pass, I'll do it really soon. And the games seem pretty cool, but I wish I could play checkers against a friend wirelessly.

EDIT- I can't download the update. When I click Check for Updates, it tells me that an Unknown Error has Occurred. Anybody know a better way to do this?[/QUOTE]

Maybe not obvious but be sure to be the only one logged into Windows when you use the Zune software .

My wife will log on when mine is plugged in and it will start the Zune software for her windows log-in .
A real pain in the ass .[The software not my wife]

I saw 6 full on AV kits at Target on clearance for 69.xx .

Zune_dock_Pack.jpg

As you can see it is in the old tan style box .

I'll wait for it to hit 24.xx and swoop it up .

Free 10-track Zune Christmas playlist here. Just click "I Have It" and your Zune software should go directly to the download screen.

It's mostly garbage (Clay Aiken, Christina Aguilera, Nsync, etc.) but Sarah McLachlan's cover of Happy Xmas is suprisingly effective. And, hey...the price is right.

120308_Holiday_banner.jpg

I've been wondering this for a while. I have several DVD concerts/documentaries. Is there any way to rip them and put them on my zune?

[quote name='Blackout']I've been wondering this for a while. I have several DVD concerts/documentaries. Is there any way to rip them and put them on my zune?[/QUOTE]

Yup:

1: Decrypt DVD to hard drive using DVD Decrypter

2. Convert files using Handbreak, using the PSP preset, and change the height settings, and the quality settings.

3: ........
4: Profit!

I would honestly not mind one of those for cheap...I forgot how much they were going for when CompUSA was going out of business, or if it was some other Zune kits they were selling.

On another note, it'd be cool if you could d/l podcasts from the Marketplace from the Zune itself.

[quote name='Richlough']I saw 6 full on AV kits at Target on clearance for 69.xx .

Zune_dock_Pack.jpg

As you can see it is in the old tan style box .

I'll wait for it to hit 24.xx and swoop it up .[/quote]

[quote name='humidore']I would honestly not mind one of those for cheap...I forgot how much they were going for when CompUSA was going out of business, or if it was some other Zune kits they were selling.

On another note, it'd be cool if you could d/l podcasts from the Marketplace from the Zune itself.[/quote]
30.95 +4.85 shipping at amazon right now http://www.amazon.com/Zune-Home-A-V...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1228587352&sr=1-1

[quote name='Cheadyp']What does the number on the zune card represent? It just has the number 1 inside of a star.[/quote]

They're called badges, and they're basically zune's version of achievements (so to speak). You get one if you listen to an artist or CD 50 times, then 100, 500 and 1000 (I think those numbers are correct). If you go on your zune card and click the badge, the information about it should appear.

That's pretty awesome that Common's CD will be 99 cents. Although when I bought the "99 cent" CD's last week it charged me like 108 points i think (not that I'm complaining, still cheap ;)). Hopefully the CD will actually be 79 points.

Have there been any crazy good Zune deals like last year where they were $99? I still want to own a Zune, but haven't seen a good deal on them yet.

I'm sort of surprised myself, especially since there have been new versions/editions out sort of recently. Woot hasn't done a sale in ages (just old iPods), and mine is starting to lose the charge in the battery.

Wow, I didn't know they were running these 79 point album deals. I saw Common, Maroon 5, and The 88 (which I've never heard of) and bought all 3 of them. I didn't even bother previewing the tracks since I'm sure I'll get my dollar's worth.

I haven't signed up for the Zune pass yet since I already have so much music that I still need to listen to. I'll definitely do it, but I'm going to wait to make sure I don't get an iPhone for Christmas, which I think I might. I'm not going to use my Zune much if I get one of those bad boys.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Have there been any crazy good Zune deals like last year where they were $99? I still want to own a Zune, but haven't seen a good deal on them yet.[/QUOTE]

+1
My dad really wants one. I'd love to get him one for X-mas but I got too spoiled with those woot deals to pay anywhere close to full price.

[quote name='sj41']Wow, I didn't know they were running these 79 point album deals. I saw Common, Maroon 5, and The 88 (which I've never heard of) and bought all 3 of them. I didn't even bother previewing the tracks since I'm sure I'll get my dollar's worth.[/quote]
Is there a list anywhere of these sales?

I haven't signed up for the Zune pass yet since I already have so much music that I still need to listen to. I'll definitely do it, but I'm going to wait to make sure I don't get an iPhone for Christmas, which I think I might. I'm not going to use my Zune much if I get one of those bad boys.[/QUOTE]

I don't suppose the zune pass works with the Ipod....

[quote name='sj41']Wow, I didn't know they were running these 79 point album deals. I saw Common, Maroon 5, and The 88 (which I've never heard of) and bought all 3 of them. I didn't even bother previewing the tracks since I'm sure I'll get my dollar's worth.

I haven't signed up for the Zune pass yet since I already have so much music that I still need to listen to. I'll definitely do it, but I'm going to wait to make sure I don't get an iPhone for Christmas, which I think I might. I'm not going to use my Zune much if I get one of those bad boys.[/quote]

I'm not a Maroon 5 fan at all, but I'm very tempted to get the remix album for $.99. I did pick up the common album yesterday. Well worth the points.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Is there a list anywhere of these sales?

I don't suppose the zune pass works with the Ipod....[/quote]I haven't seen a list but it shows these 3 albums in the music page of the marketplace as 3/5 pictures that it cycles through.

And I'm pretty sure that iPods won't run the protected WMA format, so I will be out of luck.

I've never listened to Maroon 5 outside of a few of there radio songs from there 2002 album. I actually liked those songs for what they were, but haven't listened to anything from them recently. For under $1, I'll buy almost any album, though.

They have a 5 free thing now on the Zune marketplace. Just scroll all the way down. The songs for Dec 9 are:
Waylon Jennings - Ain't Livin' Long Like This
Kanye West - Heartless
Mariah Carey - Right To Dream
Charles Hamilton - Brooklyn Girls
Kevin Rudolf - Let It Rock (Feat. Lil Wayne)

[quote name='UltimoRey']Any free tv eps?[/QUOTE]

They have a free episode of Estate of Panic up right now (which is the spiritual successor of Fear Factor). I've always wanted to see it so I downloaded it.

[quote name='Maklershed']Sweet. Is that a reliable site?[/quote]

Yeah, I've ordered quite a few things from them in the past: both of my 360 wireless controllers, my AL Zune dock, and a space heater that I use in my home office. All were well packaged and shipped reasonably quickly.

The site's not very pretty but they get some good daily deals. I think of them as the shabby version of Woot.com.

Is there another place to get cheaper Zune accessories? I need something to put this 8GB Zune 2.0 in. I'm looking for some rubber or clear casing.

Picked up the 5 free songs that someone mentioned earlier. Not bad at all.

Does anyone know if they're doing another album sale this week?

[quote name='Mrcapcom']how do you know if stuff is free or not on the zune marketplace?[/quote]

Everything is in Microsoft points, so if it says 0 then it's free.

no duh lol but who looks through everything on the zune marketplace and find the free stuff somtimes i see the free music tracks but I have never seen free videos

Well I haven't looked in awhile, but I usually get an email that details all the free stuff for the week, so I would imagine there's a particular section in the Zune marketplace for it. If not, do a search in the marketplace or on google for free Zune marketplace content.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']no duh lol but who looks through everything on the zune marketplace and find the free stuff somtimes i see the free music tracks but I have never seen free videos[/QUOTE]

Front page of the Zune Marketplace usually says.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Front page of the Zune Marketplace usually says.[/quote]

ditto....that's how I found the 5 free tracks of the week or look at the top downloaded playlist.

Also, for Maroon 5 fans out there, their new remix album is only 79 MS points (99cents). It's a pretty neat album, I enjoyed it for 99 cents.

New sale this week:

Albums
Fall Out Boy: Folie a Deux = 99 cents (79 ms points)
Keyshia Cole: A Different Me = 99 cents (79 ms points)
Fanny Lu: Dos = 99 cents (79 ms points)
Common: Universal Mind Control = 99 cents (79 ms points)

Free music:
UNKLE - Against the Grain
Akon - I'm so paid
Ludacris - I do it for hip hop
Maroon 5 - Wake Up Call
Kaiser Cheifs - You want history

Awesome.

Edit: The maroon 5 track is showing up at 79, but it should be free soon. You can also get it for free by going to their call and response album and clicking on the track itself.

[quote name='mtxbass1']New sale this week:

Albums
Fall Out Boy: Folie a Deux = 99 cents (79 ms points)[/quote]

Nice. I'm loving these Zune marketplace deals.

[quote name='VioletArrows']I got the Maroon 5 one for free, but I do it for hip hop shows up regular price.[/quote]
Yeah I had same prob.

Go to the marketplace start page and scroll to the bottom where it says "THE FREE 4" and it'll be free there. :)

All American Rejects - When the World Comes Down = 99 cents (79 ms points)
even though it isn't listen on the front page.
I usually don't like buying music digitally but if I'm saving at least 9 dollars on just one CD..

[quote name='Darkchaos91']All American Rejects - When the World Comes Down = 99 cents (79 ms points)
even though it isn't listen on the front page.
I usually don't like buying music digitally but if I'm saving at least 9 dollars on just one CD..[/quote]

Didn't that like just come out today? Dang.

Any impressions?

I could easily acquire these albums free of charge but I decided I'm gonna pay for them while they're on sale to support the idea of 99 cent albums and cheaper music in general.

[quote name='bmachine']Directed by Jonathan Glazer, with lyrics/vocals by Thom Yorke. :applause:[/quote]Thom Yorke from Radiohead is the lead singer of UNKLE or is he just singing for this one song? I had a friend today tell me about a Thom Yorke solo project that I didn't know of.

bread's done
Back