ZUNE and your X360 - ZUNE HD Now in 64GB - Latest Update Now Supports AVI/XviD

[quote name='Maklershed']High praise comparing them to Flogging Molly aka one of my all time favorite bands. I'll have to check them out when I get home.[/quote]

It's not really meant to be a direct style/genre comparison...you'll definitely hear the Pogues' influence on Flogging Molly's music, though.

You should check out The Tossers, if you haven't already.

[quote name='bmachine']It's not really meant to be a direct style/genre comparison...you'll definitely hear the Pogues' influence on Flogging Molly's music, though.[/quote]

Just checked out The Very Best of the Pogues. fucking awesome. I love it. It seems like digital download (for $9.99) is my only option though. :cry:

Looks like the 2-hour premiere of that show Kings is available for free in the Zune Marketplace, for those that are interested.

[quote name='Maklershed']Just checked out The Very Best of the Pogues. fucking awesome. I love it. It seems like digital download (for $9.99) is my only option though. :cry:[/quote]

I have that. I'm sending you a PM...

[quote name='bmachine']Looks like the 2-hour premiere of that show Kings is available for free in the Zune Marketplace, for those that are interested.

[/quote]

Sweet! I've been wanting to check it out and now I can watch it on the bus instead of my normal activity of staring out the window.

I picked up a pink 8GB for my wife .

Used a 10% off electronics plus an $8 off > $100 coupon at Meijer .

It's charging now , I'll give my impressions of the flash Zune if necessary .
I'm not familiar with them as I am a OG 30 GB owner .

[quote name='Maklershed']Sweet! I've been wanting to check it out and now I can watch it on the bus instead of my normal activity of staring out the window.[/quote]

Post if it's worth watching. I don't really have time in my life for a new series but I am intrigued by the concept.

Like as on xbox marketplace, the (unedited) interview between Jon Stewart and Jim Cramer is also free on the zune marketplace.

I didn't know the new Zunes [2nd gen+] had a touch sensitive directional pad .
I thought it was just a better pad without the buttons separated .

Pretty damn cool . I'm jealous of my wife's 8GB now .

[quote name='Maklershed']Amazons 5 for 5 today:

This week, our editors pick a stone classic from Jimi Hendrix, the score from Twilight, feelgood rebellion from Michael Franti and Spearhead, new indie rock from M. Ward, and rocking righteous indignation from Rise Against. Check back next Friday for a new batch of $5 albums.

Also, todays deal is Jackson Brown's The Pretender for $1.99[/quote]

Nice. I've already go the Rise Against disc...good, but not their best. Might grab the M. Ward tracks at this price.

Thanks for posting that, Mak.

I'm thinking I'll get Hendrix when I get home.

I'm loving these Amazon deals. I feel guilty about dling and want to pay for my music but most places make it tough .. $9.99 is way to much for a digital download album imo but $5 is right in the sweet spot.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone have any suggestions as far a good speaker dock or such. I know there are not alot of them out there for the Zune but I wanted to know if anyone had personally used any of them and had any feedback.[/quote]

I own a Kicker ZK500 speaker dock and it works like a champ with my Zune! When at home and not synching my Zune, it parks in the Kicker and cranks the tunes nicely. It's pretty easy to use and sounds crisp and deep at higher volumes. Most the time I don't use the little remote that's incuded becuase it's quicker to use just the Zune to jump around menus and options. Included are adapters for all sized zunes (120, 80, 30, 8 and 4gb), and my 80gb slips on easily. It's more expensive than the Altec Lansing dock, but I find that it's an easy recommendation.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm thinking I'll get Hendrix when I get home.

I'm loving these Amazon deals. I feel guilty about dling and want to pay for my music but most places make it tough .. $9.99 is way to much for a digital download album imo but $5 is right in the sweet spot.[/quote]

Same here. $5 is tolerable. $1.99 is better. 79 MS Points (during Christmas) was probably the best deal around. Why Microsoft can't bring back those weekly deals they were running is beyond me. I was able to pick up 3 full length brand new albums for $0.99 (79pts) then. You'd think, with Amazon doing these daily/weekly sales, Microsoft would at least do SOMETHING to counter, but nope.

The best we get out of them is a discount on an ancient album for 800 points. No thanks.

Microsoft needs to establish a way to buy the amount of points you need to round up to the proper amount to make up the difference of what you want to buy .
I have 341 MS points right now .
It would be nice if I could buy 59 points with my debit/credit card .

Does anyone else think this is a good idea ?

I do, but they will never do that. It's actually better for business for them to not do it because you have to keep buying more to eventually empty it out.

[quote name='Richlough']Microsoft needs to establish a way to buy the amount of points you need to round up to the proper amount to make up the difference of what you want to buy .
I have 341 MS points right now .
It would be nice if I could buy 59 points with my debit/credit card .

Does anyone else think this is a good idea ?[/quote]

God yes. I've wanted that for a long time.

I have 1563 points right now. WTF am I supposed to do with that odd number?

So I've just recently started looking into getting a Zune. I've seen something about a speculative Zune Phone, but all I've been able to find are satirical joke blogs about it from over a year ago. I know the Zune supports XNA. Whats the possibility of XBLA games on the zune? Thats do-able right? Or even have the zune double as a media remote when DVDs are played on the Xbox? There is a Zune 3.0 releasing this year or was that the 80gb and 120gb models?

[quote name='FluxDF']I know the Zune supports XNA. Whats the possibility of XBLA games on the zune? Thats do-able right? Or even have the zune double as a media remote when DVDs are played on the Xbox? [/quote]

I develop in XNA. While a lot of XBLA is built on the XNA framework (C#, .net 3.0), I wouldn't expect the Zune to be able to handle anything close to what you see on XBLA. Some of the lower end games, most certainly, but don't expect to play Rez on it.

I don't see how the Zune could double as a media remote at all, unless there was a way for your Zune to detect your 360 via wireless.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I develop in XNA. While a lot of XBLA is built on the XNA framework (C#, .net 3.0), I wouldn't expect the Zune to be able to handle anything close to what you see on XBLA. Some of the lower end games, most certainly, but don't expect to play Rez on it.

I don't see how the Zune could double as a media remote at all, unless there was a way for your Zune to detect your 360 via wireless.[/quote]

well with the wireless sync, and your xbox 360 hooked up to the wireless network via router or whatever, it could be possible right?

i think that sounds like a cool idea, or a good added option for the next gen zunes. (which if they are gonna be touch screen im guessing they are trying to sorta imitate the ipod touch which has wireless internet and everything so the remote idea sounds possible and cool to me).

what i would like would be for my zune to double as extra HD space for my 360, since my old 30gb zune is always hooked up to my 360.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']well with the wireless sync, and your xbox 360 hooked up to the wireless network via router or whatever, it could be possible right?

[/quote]

Possible? Maybe. You have to look at the scope of this thing though. Not everyone is going to have a wireless network, nor a router, etc. It wouldn't make much sense for MS to go that route without another option. I see no API's to do this via code at this time however.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']i've been needing an extra sync cable for my old zune (im talking about the original first one that came out). will this one work fine? only reason i ask is cus it says 2.0 and im not sure if that means its a different kinda sync cable.

http://www.amazon.com/MICROSOFT-ZUN...8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1237944339&sr=8-1

(im looking for the one to plug into my laptop to sync songs, will that one work fine?)[/quote]

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10832&cs_id=1083201&p_id=3486&seq=1&format=2

I'd buy that one. From a more reliable source than "Vortex Cable".

yeah you are right about the zune as remote thing. sounds unlikely now that I think about it, but it would be cool if someone could make a mod for that or something.

and thanks for the link for the cable, helped me out, was worried about the other one after reading reviews of people saying it wont sync right it just charges.

The PSP was hacked to allow for turning it into a universal remonster. I'm just saying it's do-able in future iterations and for me personally the more it integrates (functionaly) with my 360 and is an all-in-wonder the more likely I would be to purchase.

I like the extra HDD for 360 idea, but doubt MS would do it.

My Zune is screwed up. I have no idea whats wrong with it...
The license for my songs I downloaded ran out, so I had to update it.
So, I updated/charged/synced it then unplugged it. Then I wanted to listen to some songs but all my songs said "File Missing" or something like that. So then I try to hook it back to my computer and it wont recognize it!
I tried it on my laptop, and it gave me a message saying "USB device has a hardware malfunction."
WTF?
so now the battery is drained, and nothing will recognize it.
even after resetting it multiple times it wont work...

The weirdest thing is, is that my videos and music wouldn't work, but the CAGcast still worked lol

[quote name='bmachine']

Me, too. My 80GB is nearly full and I was thinking of upgrading to a 120...but I'm going to hold off now until we hear something new about the touchscreen.[/quote]

I'm about halfway through my 80. If it goes touch screen they should just copy the iTouch. Make it thinner and with a bigger screen.

I have 2 Incipio cases and they're great. My SO also has an Incipio Blackberry case. High quality materials, well constructed, etc.

I paid full price for this one and this one and I thought they were worth the money then. This is a great deal.

[quote name='bmachine']I have 2 Incipio cases and they're great. My SO also has an Incipio Blackberry case. High quality materials, well constructed, etc.

I paid full price for this one and this one and I thought they were worth the money then. This is a great deal.[/quote]

The metal one they have for the Zune 8GB is very tempting. How long is the sale on for?

Does anyone here have any experience with Magic Viedo Converter ?
I have it , and it's giving me problems when I try to convert to .wmv .
It says the codec I'm using is not compatible .

Thanks .

Looks like there are a ton of Comedy Central albums on sale this week ,and some videos too .
It's under 'We Recommend' in the Music Marketplace .

I loves me some comedy .

[quote name='Gourd']How to Completely Clear all Zune Software

Take note. This completely erases everything on the device. Then you resync with the Zune software, reinstall the latest firmware, and all of your rights and privleges and such should work on the device again.[/quote]

I might have to do that. I have a few songs that have expired DMR since I used that free Zune Pass trial...removed from my PC but they still show up on my Zune, and when I shuffle through songs, I get this long pause and the screen blinks "DMR Expired" or something to that extent.

If anyone needs a case for a 30GB Zune I have a brand new official Microsoft brown leather case PM me, I have one for sell/trade. I bought it thinking it would fit my 120GB, but no dice.

[quote name='SlaughterX']If anyone needs a case for a 30GB Zune I have a brand new official Microsoft brown leather case PM me, I have one for sell/trade. I bought it thinking it would fit my 120GB, but no dice.[/QUOTE]

I want it ! We'll work something out PM me .

510ZDi7CTwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

/\ This exact one , right ?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Monsta Mack']http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/10/is-this-the-zune-hd/ Zune HD is fucking sexy :p[/quote]

SON OF A BITCH!!!!

looks like a phone LG would make.... would not be surprised if Microsoft tries to partner with Verizon or another company to really give the Iphone a run for it's money.

I don't expect this new Zune to have a lot of storage space in the beginning so my 120 gig will last me a long time.

[quote name='ITDEFX']looks like a phone LG would make.... would not be surprised if Microsoft tries to partner with Verizon or another company to really give the Iphone a run for it's money.[/quote]

Crosses fingers. :whee:

My white 30 GB is really fucked up, so I'm definitely looking for an upgrade. I think it's going to be a pretty tough decision between the ipod Touch and this apparant Zune Touch. Announcements should come around the same time, so I guess I'll be able to make my decision in June.

bread's done
Back