CAG Gaming Collections - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocheseUGA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Original thread can be seen here.

You can post as many images in a post as the board will allow, but ALL IMAGES MUST USE THUMBNAILS. This is not an option, and this comes from the mod team. Imageshack or Photobucket allow thumbnail views. Feel free to make the pics linkable.

If you would like a pic to go here as an index to your particular post, just say so in your post. Also, if you can, please tell us where you got your particular shelf/entertainment center/etc so any of us that are looking for tips can know it faster.

Have fun, and enjoy!

The overall setup. Ikea Entertainment Center holds TV, 8 systems, DVD, DVR, VCR, networking and two switching units

Left side, top shelf, and the DVDs that sit in front of them (hence why the games are elevated):

Leftside, middle shelf, DVDs in front:

Left side, bottom shelf, DVDs in front:

Right side, top and middle shelves (no games):

Right side, bottom shelf:

Looks nice and I LOVE these threads. What would it take to get you to make me a custom case/cover etc for FF Tactics Advance like you have done for your GBA Star Wars game? :)

minimalism ftw. hey, VP:Lenneth is up for trade, guess this is a decent time to mention that. I don't own a psp

(Black DS lite in the pouch. Not pictured: VF5 and a bunch of rare and sealed games I keep at home)

[quote name='Wlogan31']Thanks, although I did know of this site...I just don't have a printer that is worth trying this with :([/QUOTE]

My bad. I had to print mine on two different pages. Stupid printer.

[quote name='Apossum']

minimalism ftw. hey, VP:Lenneth is up for trade, guess this is a decent time to mention that. I don't own a psp

(Black DS lite in the pouch. Not pictured: VF5 and a bunch of rare and sealed games I keep at home)[/QUOTE]see now THAT's a collection!!!

I feel real bad owning too much shit... gotta keep it simple

[quote name='Apossum']minimalism ftw.[/quote]Totally agree. My collection is way slim (even more slim now, check my list! ;) ).

I'm not ragging on anyone cause I Was there too a while back, but I don't understand owning tons and tons of games. I keep the best of the best that I enjoy, play the rest and trade/sell them now.

[quote name='Apossum']
minimalism ftw. [/QUOTE]

Yep.

Just wish I had a picture of the 1,000 plus games I used to own... now all the games I own barely fill up a bookshelf.

And Daroga, I was never able to answer that question of why own 100's of games when you probably won't ever touch 1/10 of them, so I dumped mine ;)

I think the only outstanding "omfg super rares I want to showoff" thing I own now is a sealed MGS 3 LE.

I've added about 50 games to my collection since my last pictures. Plus I built a custom display case for all (well almost all) of my accessories. Shit was a bitch to build too since I only own like 3 power tools. I'll have updated pics up later tonight.

So, my set-up is kind of split up. While all of my gaming paraphenalia is in the "gameroom," I actually play out in the living room. Yes, I know there's a TV in the game room, but the TV in the living room is just to irresistible to ignore. Anyways, as promised, pictures of the new set-up:

what you see what you first enter the gameroom.

a sideways picture of the games and display cabinet (both built by me). 4 shelves of PS2 games + 1 shelf of PS1.

close up of the cabinet.

close up of games pt. 1

close up of games pt. 2 (anything with a green sticker= beaten)

a different view of the games/cabinet. Can also see the guitar and Sephiroth sword on the wall.

other side of the room. Computer desk with my collection of guides tucked beneath.

close up of the guide collection. The stuff on the right is just "there." The stuff on the left is in another set of shelves that I built (probably going to expand it out to include the stuff that's just "there").

Cloud's buster sword which will be hung above the window in picture #1 once I get the wall mounts in that I ordered this weekend.

The other wall in the room. Has a couple of posters and the futon.

Where all the gameplay takes place. 42" widescreen Viewsonic + surround sound. The shelves on either side of the entertainment center house movies with the very bottom row of each set being PS1 games.

A "better" look at the TV (sorry, can't figure out how to turn off the flash).

All together, 250 PS2 games + 120 PS1 games on display. Not a clue how many movies.

[quote name='Roufuss']And Daroga, I was never able to answer that question of why own 100's of games when you probably won't ever touch 1/10 of them, so I dumped mine ;)[/quote]I know for me, I was buying crap just to buy crap. Between CAG and elsewhere, I was forever buying games, playing them once or twice, and then never touching them again. It was no good for me, and now I'm down to owning like maybe 30-40 quality games, almost all of which I've actually beaten to some degree.

All that being said, I'm still impressed by walls and walls of games. But now, in addition to "Wow!" I think "Why?" ;)

[quote name='Warner1281'] what you see what you first enter the gameroom.[/QUOTE]haha, did u get that DQ8 stand from that guy in the 'west' forum who gave it away but u had to pick it up from Carlsbad??

[quote name='JEKKI']haha, did u get that DQ8 stand from that guy in the 'west' forum who gave it away but u had to pick it up from Carlsbad??[/quote]

yup. :D Went and picked it up from Kuros. Now it "accentuates" the gaming experience as well as holds my gaming magazines. Beats the hell outta piling them up in the bathroom, lol.

I can't see any pictures in this thread. Anyone know what plugins I might be missing? This has been really bothering me. :( I use firefox 1.5.1

Okay, here's my Dreamcast set up in my room:

You see my deluxe cabinet unit? Grabbed that bad boy at a yard sale :cool:
Here's a close up on my system, controllers, and games.

Now here's my main set up. This is in my basement, which is quite messy right now. I think I did well not to get much if any of the mess in the photos.

The shelving unit that's holding everything up was from Tweeter I think. I duno, my parents got a new one for our living room and threw that one down in the basement.
Here are the close ups:

I am really impressed with how big some of you guys' collections are. If I had a digital camera of my own then I would take pictures of my modest collection.

I hope some day I will be able to join everybody in the fun!

[quote name='daroga']Totally agree. My collection is way slim (even more slim now, check my list! ;) ).

I'm not ragging on anyone cause I Was there too a while back, but I don't understand owning tons and tons of games. I keep the best of the best that I enjoy, play the rest and trade/sell them now.[/QUOTE]

I had a pretty big collection as well about a year ago, but had to sell it all off for the same reasons-- no reason to keep them.

the weird part is that every once in a while after the initial purge, I'd find myself accumulating a bunch of games again, mostly because I used to have like 5 systems (even though I only had a few games for each.)

My solution-- sold all my games and consoles but my PS3 (lol ps3) and DS. :D

ayo check it out I'ma bout to get loc'ed up on all y'all~!!

this is the main set-up. I am rather unhappy with it, but I live with my parents and mother insists my room be the storehouse of this table. The bottom-most visible panel you see rests at about groin level, so the keyboard is underneath it. My Tv doesnt get any channels either, just video games!! I gotta PS2 and Dreamcast, only the best!!

my DS, PS2, PSP, and gamecube games~!! there's a few mis-located titles that arent in that pic..

my shoebox full of GBA games among other things~!!

can't forget my first-born!!

that's it all...

thumbnail AND mirror!!!

oh I jus made u my bitch~!!!

haha jk. I gotta get down w/ imageshack soon.

it'll be HELLA TITE

Give me about 3-5 months (hopefully much sooner) and I'll be able to unpack all my games and display them outside of rubbermaid tubs.

Somebody just needs to buy my house so I can move and have my new finished basement.

Do you guys with larger sized collections have any tips on storing/displaying controllers?

Here is my current count of systems that I currently have connected/not in storage:

360 - 4 Controllers
PS2 - 4+ Controllers
Wii - 4 GC/ 4 Wiimotes
DC - 4 Controllers
-------------------------
Total = 20 controllers not including the ones in storage (snes,genesis, nes, etc)

I'm trying to think of more elegant and/or efficient ways to store them for easy access. I'd like something in the middle of the continuum between storing them all in a rubbermaid box and laying them all out individually on a shelf.

I was thinking of some sort of cubbyhole/pigeonhole system for them, so that they would be organized with easy access and efficient use of space. I'd prefer something available to buy if possible, because i'm too lazy to make stuff by hand (usually).

Any thoughts/suggestions?

[quote name='SilverPaw750']How do I do thumbnails with Photobucket?[/QUOTE]

Right-click the image and copy the location. Should have 'th_' in the filename.

As for controllers, I keep one of my most played consoles in an Intec Gamecube travel case so that the little ones can't destroy.

All of these pics are great. I wish I had some pics of my collection, but I prefer to err on the side of caution. I have my 360 downstairs with a couple of games in a drawer. The rest of my stuff I keep away from prying eyes up in my loft so the wifey will never figure out how much I spend on games. hehehe.

For controllers, I usually leave one out with the console (maybe two) and the rest go in a 'big bag o' controllers, which is an old duffelbag I have, and that gets stuffed under my bed.

Seen it on other sites lets see the pics of your Gaming set ups

I just got a tv as my main thing no real sound system because i don't care for super loud noises.

[quote name='panasonic']Seen it on other sites lets see the pics of your Gaming set ups

I just got a tv as my main thing no real sound system because i don't care for super loud noises.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your new TV. :D

Personally I feel a good sound system is more important than the television. It enhances the experience so much.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Congrats on your new TV. :D

Personally I feel a good sound system is more important than the television. It enhances the experience so much.[/quote]
W0rd, I remember playing GRAW in surround sound for the first time.. spiced it up a whole bunch. I'd rather take a surround sound set up over an HDTV any day.

[quote name='mr ryles']I don't think a TV counts as a "set up"[/quote]
A nice tv does in my book :):D now if yours is amazing post it thats the freakin point of this thread. I acutally have an older 5.1 set up but never used it.

[quote name='johnmirra']help me get the pics into my post like the op and ill put them up[/quote]

Click reply then look at the pic with the star and grass then put link in there or post url and i will make it show up :D

If surround sound only means loud sound to you, then something is amiss. I don't listen to stuff with the volume cranked up, but being able to hear the position of everything not only gives you a strategic advantage, but it's immersing as fuck.

Oh... and there's already a thread for this in the general gaming forum.

[quote name='johnmirra']am i retarded for not understanding that[/quote]

not at all maybe i am i will screen cap what i am talking about

thisbr6.png

thanks but i dont have any of those things when i hit reply, sorry i guess i am retarded hehe
ok now i got em i give up though on getting the pics in tho

[quote name='panasonic']Seen it on other sites lets see the pics of your Gaming set ups

I just got a tv as my main thing no real sound system because i don't care for super loud noises.[/quote]
A Sony TV...who would have thought? :cool:

I'll post pics tomorrow. I have a 42" HP Plasma. No surround sound or anything since I live in an apartment with thin walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back