CAG Gaming Collections - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='SolidSnakeX99'] *pics*
A little changes here and there, but basically the same setup.[/QUOTE]
Nice setup.

Ryles = fucking ethernet in the ceiling and 50 gallon fish tank 6 inches away from a PS3.

[quote name='Apossum']anyway, the point of my post: don't buy a fucking Olevia. Save up and do it right.[/quote]

I have an Olevia 27" LCD HDTV I bought over a year ago that's my main TV right now and it looks/works great.

That said, I do plan to upgrade that after the LED-backlit LCDs are more mainstream.

[quote name='zewone']Nice setup.

Ryles = fucking ethernet in the ceiling and 50 gallon fish tank 6 inches away from a PS3.[/QUOTE]

I like to live life on the edge.

[quote name='suko_32']I forgot but did you end up ebaying/trading them?[/quote]

Yup, over the last 8 months or so, I believe Roufuss has ebayed 75% of his collection and paid off a bunch of debt and such. And in the event I ever find myself in uncontrollable debt, the gaming will be my first source of income to pay it off.

I have a dualy set up. I live in a 2 Bedroom apartment and I like to keep the living room reasonably uncluttered so there we have a 360, Wii, PS2, cable box, and surround. I don't use the surround much because I don't like to be a loud bothersome neighbor......unlike the tools that live up and to the left. I'm getting some side tables made to match the tv stand for a little more room to play with.

The other picture is my home office, it's got a sack of classic systems(not even all that I have but there was no more space on the center).

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']

A little changes here and there, but basically the same setup.[/quote] I definitely like your setup. I guess I could have as clean and nice a setup myself if I had a whole room to dedicate to gaming and nothing else. I'm slowly purging things out of the current "gaming room" but I still have a few things in the way (Like this pesky computer and computer desk). Once I get rid of the computer and add another LCD to the household, I'll be happy.

[quote name='suko_32']I forgot but did you end up ebaying/trading them?[/QUOTE]

Ebay for the most part.. I wanted to make money, not make trades ;) Some stuff I did trade off though, mostly the stuff that didn't sell on Ebay or was too much of a bitch to sell on there.

I just switched up my style and did auctions for some leftover systems / accessories and stuff, and it seemed to have worked out ok. I think I cut down about 80% of everything I owned.

My reasoning is that it will eventually show up on the VC / XBLA / PSN or a remake or a re-release.

It did save my ass from debt though, and it freed up a TON of extra space for me. I don't knock people who have big collections though, whatever floats your boat, because as Warner pointed out it's really good if you need extra money in a flash. I think I miss maybe 5 games out of the 800 or so I sold.

I *did* keep my systems (except the N64). I've got a Japanese white Saturn and a US Dreamcast... I kept those, plus the 4 in 1 for the Saturn to play US games and a few VMU's and my converter for the DC (to play imports).

It's a lot harder to find a working system on Ebay than it is to find a game... so one day if I want to get a few of these back it's as easy as just tracking down the game. The VC has me covered on N64 stuff (I only cared for Mario + Zelda, to be honest) so that got sold.

[quote name='cyrix`']Get a really nice door hanging shoe organizer like this:
master:WTM019.jpg
[/QUOTE]

great suggestion...somehow that never crossed my mind. The shoe hanger could possibly be very cool if it was hanging on a wall somewhere, though it would also work well hanging on the back of a door as originally designed.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']

A little changes here and there, but basically the same setup.[/quote] I like that setup and the black SNES looks cool. Might paint mine.

Took these with my camera phone, but you get the idea.

In my room. Got an Xbox, PS2, NES, SNES, two arcade sticks, a guitar hero guitar, and all my DS games.

Outside. The HD set with the 360 and Wii.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Took these with my camera phone, but you get the idea.

In my room. Got an Xbox, PS2, NES, SNES, two arcade sticks, a guitar hero guitar, and all my DS games.

Outside. The HD set with the 360 and Wii.[/quote]
This is what I mean about messy. It really looks like you took all of your video game shit and tossed it in front of your tv before you took the picture.

[quote name='pimpinc333']This is what I mean about messy. It really looks like you took all of your video game shit and tossed it in front of your tv before you took the picture.[/QUOTE]
I really don't care. The games still play the same, and that's what matters. ;)

Really good stuff Warner. I like your idea on putting those stickers on the games you've beaten. I might do something like that.

[quote name='trunksx34']great suggestion...somehow that never crossed my mind. The shoe hanger could possibly be very cool if it was hanging on a wall somewhere, though it would also work well hanging on the back of a door as originally designed.[/QUOTE]
yah even if u have a closet in your room you could put it on the outside so its always accessible.

Yeah some of these setups are messy. Are only single guys posting pics ? Because I can imagine that the married guys don't get away with having setups this messy.

[quote name='KingDox']Yeah some of these setups are messy. Are only single guys posting pics ? Because I can imagine that the married guys don't get away with having setups this messy.[/quote]

I think it's a combination of problems. First of all, the number of systems you own is directly related to the amount of messiness. The more systems, the more wires, the harder it is to hide them. Also, I don't think it's the "single guys" so much as it is the people who still live with roommatese or their parents. They have very limited amount of space to work with, so things get piled on top of each other instead of laid out nicely. The last issue is the size of the collection. Those with small collections usually have no problem keeping it clean. The people with really big collections usually have a nice layout too (at least for the games... the system setup may or may not be nice). It's the people that fall in between that seem to have the messiest setup. It's too much to just keep stacked by the TV, but it's not enough to dedicate a whole shelf system to, separated by game type and whatnot.

Luckily for me, I built my own shelves for the games cause I'm a neat freak. On top of that, I only own a PS2, so I don't have to worry about a bunch of different sets of wires everywhere. Once I pick up a PS3, the PS2 goes away, so still 1 system. I'll probably pick up a 360 and/or a Wii, so that might complicate things a bit, but knowing me, I'll put in the effort to make the setup look nice.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']

The boxes!

[/quote]
I have the same amplifier you've got. :D Don't remember how much I paid for it (not very much), but I'm definitely satisfied. You like it??

Here's my meager collection, the part I keep in my bedroom at least. I also have some other games in my basement which I'll take pictures of sometime this week. Note the JPN DS phat Mew edition on the stack of DS games which I retired when I bought the lite (not pictured).

Here's my bedroom setup. Just a 37" Olevia for my room, but the roommate has a 50" Samsung DLP downstairs. As you can see from the pics, I have a bit of a cord crisis going on, any suggestions?

EDIT: I just read through the whole thread and saw some anti-Olevia comments. All I have to say about that is that the picture on this TV is beautiful, HD and SD both. The only issue I have is a bit of tearing that occurs when playing 360 through the VGA cables, so I just use the components now. I'm really pleased with this TV, especially considering the sub-$700 price.

Here's what I'm gaming on in my bedroom. Panasonic 47" CRT-RPTV with logitech Z-680s for surround sound. I bought it a year before flat panels became relatively affordable, oh well at least it does 1080i. I only have my PS2 hooked up to it at the moment since my 360 and Wii are hooked up to my basement front projection system (I'll snap some pics of it later). I also took a few snaps of my desk setup.

[URL=http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0771wn7.jpg]
[/URL]

[quote name='T-Shirt Ninja']Here's what I'm gaming on in my bedroom. Panasonic 47" CRT-RPTV with logitech Z-680s for surround sound. I bought it a year before flat panels became relatively affordable, oh well at least it does 1080i. I only have my PS2 hooked up to it at the moment since my 360 and Wii are hooked up to my basement front projection system (I'll snap some pics of it later). I also took a few snaps of my desk setup.

[URL=http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0771wn7.jpg]
[/URL][/QUOTE]

How do you have that one LCD mounted? It looks really cool like that.

[quote name='Warner1281']I have the same amplifier you've got. :D Don't remember how much I paid for it (not very much), but I'm definitely satisfied. You like it??[/quote]
Hells yea. Thats why I got that. Cause its super handy.

I use to have this manual PUSH button switcher, this is so much nicer. And can switch via remote.

Also plenty of Component and Digital Audio jacks.

So, I just thought I'd share. I have an HDTV (but it's CRT). I have a nice surround system. (5years ago) and a decent enough game setup. (not really) I have a Dreamcast too but it's not hooked up. Short story, but necessary to explain my lack of gaming goodness. I moved out to WA from MD to be with my girlfriend back in 01' and only took what would fit in my car. A quite small Dodge Neon. Sadly my LEGOs, SNES, Saturn and huge Gundam model collection didn't make the cut.

Anyway, here's my setup.

Here's one of my DVD racks. Ignore the Sailor Moon etc on the bottom right rack, that's my girlfriend's (that's the story and I'm sticking to it)
By the way the movie on top of the rack with the guy with the gun is called "Bittersweet life" and It's a really good movie, anyway I'm getting sidetracked. A "fun fact" about the guy on the cover, same dude from Lost Planet. yup. Byung-hun Lee.

And lastly, remember folks "DONT FEED THE HARDDRIVE ! !"

Anyway, That's mine, not much special aside from the Pan's Labyrinth and Host sets.

Crap, I just posted my setup on the other thread. guess it's not a big deal to post here too.

So, I just thought I'd share. I have an HDTV (but it's CRT). I have a nice surround system. (5years ago) and a decent enough game setup. (not really) I have a Dreamcast too but it's not hooked up. Short story, but necessary to explain my lack of gaming goodness. I moved out to WA from MD to be with my girlfriend back in 01' and only took what would fit in my car. A quite small Dodge Neon. Sadly my LEGOs, SNES, Saturn and huge Gundam model collection didn't make the cut.

Anyway, here's my setup.

Here's one of my DVD racks.(for a full list click "Collections" link in sig) Ignore the Sailor Moon etc on the bottom right rack, that's my girlfriend's (that's the story and I'm sticking to it)
By the way the movie on top of the rack with the guy with the gun is called "Bittersweet life" and It's a really good movie, anyway I'm getting sidetracked. A "fun fact" about the guy on the cover, same dude from Lost Planet. yup. Byung-hun Lee.

And lastly, remember folks "DONT FEED THE HARDDRIVE ! !"

Anyway, That's mine, not much special aside from the Pan's Labyrinth and Host sets.

This is an older pic. I have the HD-DVD attachment where the external HD is and I moved the external to the top of my computer case.

I also used pieces of wood to lift up my monitor.

[quote name='gofishn']

Here's my bedroom setup. Just a 37" Olevia for my room, but the roommate has a 50" Samsung DLP downstairs. As you can see from the pics, I have a bit of a cord crisis going on, any suggestions?
[/QUOTE]

I use wire loom to keep my cables together and reasonably neat. I think I bought mine at cableorganizer.com, something like that anyway.

***EDIT***

I see you have the same "fine" Motorola cablebox that I do. I use fine in the most liberal sence of the word.

My lameass website has my collection, but no actual pics yet.

www.shipwreckedgamer.com

I'll try and get some pics up there tonight and fix it so the banner ads don't overlap my page. That's what a half hour of setting up a domain and exporting my collection from Gamepedia gets you though. :)

(Oh, and a lot of the information about the games needs to be fixed and the comments about the games are not mine but are pulled from Amazon by Gamepedia. Hopefully, I'll actually get around to writing my own comments on games I've played and I'll actually try to make that site worth a damn.)

You know what we wanna see pictures of. And you know its not videogames. And knowing is half the battle! ;)

[quote name='shipwreck']My lameass website has my collection, but no actual pics yet.

www.shipwreckedgamer.com

I'll try and get some pics up there tonight and fix it so the banner ads don't overlap my page. That's what a half hour of setting up a domain and exporting my collection from Gamepedia gets you though. :)

(Oh, and a lot of the information about the games needs to be fixed and the comments about the games are not mine but are pulled from Amazon by Gamepedia. Hopefully, I'll actually get around to writing my own comments on games I've played and I'll actually try to make that site worth a damn.)[/quote]

[quote name='Puffa469']You know what we wanna see pictures of. And you know its not videogames. And knowing is half the battle! ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's a good idea too. Unfortunately, they are all in rubbermaid tubs as well and won't be out on display until we move. I can take a picture of them in a tub though.

DS Mobile European Carry-all

Dusty milk crate FTW

Top view

My super sweet setup. Wii accessories are in the "gold" box on top of the TV. I'm going to move them to a white laquer box on the bottom shelf when I aquire or make one. It's currently on top of the TV since my 18 month old daughter loves to play with remotes. Playing = throwing.

[quote name='Warner1281']Hey, stop stealling backer cards from blockbuster. We need those.[/QUOTE]

The Blockbuster by my house always has a big box full of them for free. I haven't been back in a while because I use Netflix now but, when I do, I take an armload of the damn things ^^

Here are a few quick shots I took of my (very messy) setup.

First shot is what I'm mostly doing these days - playing my ds lite - so it's some ds games and gba games and such. I stole the roygbiv color arranging from someone here on the boards.

Next is my living room setup. I'm recently married (notice the wedding gift bags still sitting in the living room) and living in an apartment. Yep - it's very messy. 103" screen - blackout cloth stretched on 2x2 poplar frame. Old original Infocus X1 600x800 reso dlp projector going strong up above the couch and even older Klipsch all around - also still going strong (although that is an upgraded center channel from a couple years ago - the mains are from 94 though haha) HTPC case and receiver and a couple dvd rom drives. Deep in the junk are buried two xboxes and a slim ps2 - and a wii. The gamecube has been relegated to the bedroom - and I think the dreamcast may be in a box at the moment :( haha.

And last here are the hidden systems - notice the dust :( haha - haven't been played much lately - but the wii is getting some play time. Lately me and the wife have been watching a lot of movies - and lost and 24.

Okay here is my setup. I live in my parents house as they let my sister and I share the basement. It gets a little messy in their since my sister doesnt clean up after herself.

Main Setup. The TV isnt that good.

PSTwo, Onkyo 5.1 Surround Sound Receiver (NEW!!!), Direct TV box (On floor on top of magazines).

Here are my games. Im trying to build up a collection now becuase I sold most of them (God of war, Jak and daxter series, Rachet and Clank Series). I also dont play DDR that much anymore.

Guitar Hero Controllers!

Where I sit at when playing games. A chair and corner table are on the left next to it.

Later im Getting a Wii in May and A Xbox 360 on Christmas when it turns 300 bucks. After I get a good amount of games I mite get a Subwoofer.

EDIT!!!

Here is My DS lite Stuff

[quote name='VAD3R or Fro']Okay here is my setup. I live in my parents house as they let my sister and I share the basement. It gets a little messy in their since my sister doesnt clean up after herself.

Main Setup. The TV isnt that good.

PSTwo, Onkyo 5.1 Surround Sound Receiver (NEW!!!), Direct TV box (On floor on top of magazines).

Here are my games. Im trying to build up a collection now becuase I sold most of them (God of war, Jak and daxter series, Rachet and Clank Series). I also dont play DDR that much anymore.

Guitar Hero Controllers!

Where I sit at when playing games. A chair and corner table are on the left next to it.

Later im Getting a Wii in May and A Xbox 360 on Christmas when it turns 300 bucks. After I get a good amount of games I mite get a Subwoofer.

EDIT!!!

Here is My DS lite Stuff[/quote]
I have the Same Onkyo Reciever. How do you like yours?

pimpinc333 : Pretty Awesome. I use to have a very old Kenwood one but it later died out. I got this one on Christmas with Guitar hero II. The Speakers vibrated the house. ;)

[quote name='Klank']
My fuckin setup[/quote]
surely the stacking and tight space can't be good for that 360 man! you might want to think about moving it.

[quote name='zewone']I have the same HDTV as valor and reiji. Awesome HDTV for $330.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? Mine is a garbage and I plan to replace it with an lcd soon. I'd be getting a new tv in the next week or so if it weren't for the fact that all my money is going to Smith & Wesson this month. Priorities, lol.

[quote name='Klank']
My fuckin setup[/quote]
What is Killer instinct running on? The N64 has DK64 in it and the SNES has Shaqfu in it.... is there a supergun hidden somewhere in this picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back