CAG Gaming Collections - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='PhreQuencYViii']Does mine suck or something? :cry:[/QUOTE]

No, he's talking about that messy ass room! Damn, how do you find anything in there?:lol:

BTW, how do you like that Sony LCD? It's a bravia, isn't it? I'm thinking about picking one of those up soon and will have to sell a bunch of my rare games for it, so I want it to be worth it.

My room isn't messy...there's just a ton of systems I haven't hooked up yet. Behind that little TV corner my room is organized and clean! I even vacuum!!!

That's an Olevia TV, I got it refurbed for 300$ shipped, I like it a lot with the 360 VGA cable. Has HDMI too! Unfortunatly like most HDTV's all those system's next to it look terrible on it, which totally sucks. Right now I'm looking into getting my cubey comp (right next to it) hooked up to it via the component and just emulating what I can so I can at least get them looking nicer and running at the right resolution.

[quote name='PhreQuencYViii']My room isn't messy...there's just a ton of systems I haven't hooked up yet. Behind that little TV corner my room is organized and clean! I even vacuum!!!

That's an Olevia TV, I got it refurbed for 300$ shipped, I like it a lot with the 360 VGA cable. Has HDMI too! Unfortunatly like most HDTV's all those system's next to it look terrible on it, which totally sucks. Right now I'm looking into getting my cubey comp (right next to it) hooked up to it via the component and just emulating what I can so I can at least get them looking nicer and running at the right resolution.[/QUOTE]

I guess when I saw 'via', I automatically assumed Bravia... not Olevia.:lol:

I guess it is messy wire wise, but I haven't even got half those hooked up yet. It's a little tough to keep that many systems and wires from going all over the place though. That stand there on has little places to put the wires, guess i'll have to use tem when stuff is actually set up. I still wanna get a 5.1 sometime!

I know dmes65 and can vouch for the 4 360's and 2 PS3's. He has a problem. He also has multiple dreamcasts, nes's, and xbox's. Oh ya forgot the couple of PS2's. But just to show you how boring the wii is, he only has one.

I've got the same TV as you PhreQ, got it super cheap during the last Black Friday.

I have my PS3 on it right now via HDMI.

I guess I'll try to post a picture of my setup.
It isn't the best, but I'm satisfied for the moment. I want a bigger TV and new receiver.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']When you remodeled the room you should have put audio line outlets and such so that all the wires hanging from the flat panel and the speakers didn't show, it's really easy to do. Other then that looks good, at least you own all the systems unlike some fools.[/quote]
I believe you are the fool with too much time and money. Video gaming is a HOBBY, not a LIFE.

I'd rather have a ton of the older systems then all the new ones....360 is nice though. Dunno how that's applicable but yeah, I notice a lot of people have PS3 and all the others, damn thats expensive!

[quote name='zewone']What's with all the TVs dmes?[/QUOTE]
The reason for all of the tv's is that I like to have lan parties at my house. It is a lot easier to have everything set up instead of having people bring over there tvs and systems. When I had my house built I ran cat 5 cable in every bedroom in every wall. My wife and I have good paying jobs with no kids, so right know I can aford it. My only 2 vices are video games and hockey. And no I didnt move 1 360 to each room and just change the face plate.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I was wondering that myself

...."ring ring ring, banana phone"...sorrry couldn't resist zog lol

I knew you had one from other threads. What I can't believe is that you have a Wii.[/QUOTE]

chiyochichibananaphone.jpg

you were calling?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That's what you're supposed to do. On every thread.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm aware. But until they catch ya....

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Nice. I want to get rid of a bunch of games and systems, but no one is wanting them.[/quote]I mostly Amazon'ed / eBay'ed mine. Always gave CAG first dibs, but often things wouldn't move on here so opening things up to the world-wide flea market was the way to go. I may not have gotten top dollar for everything, but a look at my spending tab would reveal that I did pretty well.

If I had any idea of what I would get for my lots, I would do eBay. I just don't want to put up my SNES lot and get $30, and I have no idea what I would set as a reserve.

[quote name='Kuros']
It's also a shame that I live in the room, it's too hard to keep clean.[/quote]

First off... holy crap that's a lot. You definitely need to find a nice way to display everything that'll show it off but still keep the room looking clean. On a second note, yeah I definitely understand about the keeping things clean when you live in the room. I had to transform our den/business room into the game room cause my collection grew too big. Once we actually move out of this place and into a new home, I'm hoping to have a larger room specifically for gaming and nothing else.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']If I had any idea of what I would get for my lots, I would do eBay. I just don't want to put up my SNES lot and get $30, and I have no idea what I would set as a reserve.[/quote]I've gotten pretty good at figuring that stuff out. I'd be more than willing to give you hand or three in putting things together if you'd like. Just shoot me a PM if you want some help. My services are all completely free too. ;)

[quote name='nyprimus4']I love the set up Daroga. Simple yet effective.[/quote]Thanks. I really like it too. Works really well. We just did a computer swap (I bought a new laptop, sold my wife's old laptop that was serving as our media computer and then put my old laptop in the EX as the media computer), and that Dell is much more stream-lined than the bulbous, hot (P4 in a laptop? What were then thinking??) Toshiba that was in there.

Keeping games to a minimum is the best thing I ever did. That's not to say I don't play a lot of games, but unless a game really strikes me as wanting to replay it, it goes out the door as fast as it came in. A good, cheap way to play anytihng I want to right when it comes out, without feeling hassled by late fees or that I'm burning money in a monthly subscription if I don't finish a game real quickly.

Kuros set yourself up a day to clean everything. Store the old games that aren't played as much somewhere hidden. Then get a nicer TV for the newer consoles and keep the CRT in the corner for the old consolers.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So many messy setups... Dang.

I cant have like ANYTHING around my TV or any messiness or else I cant focus.[/QUOTE]

... that must be rough.

[quote name='Warner1281']First off... holy crap that's a lot. You definitely need to find a nice way to display everything that'll show it off but still keep the room looking clean. On a second note, yeah I definitely understand about the keeping things clean when you live in the room. I had to transform our den/business room into the game room cause my collection grew too big. Once we actually move out of this place and into a new home, I'm hoping to have a larger room specifically for gaming and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

I would love to have a way to display it all, but due to the size of the room, there's no physical way that's possible.

daroga did u mod that wario twisted case so the game pak can fit into it???

I wanna see!!!!

(the regular gameboy ones too!! do the games fit?? show it!!!)

[quote name='JDUB X']WOW thats dedication![/quote]hehe, the Gameboy games themselves aren't hard to do. The Wario Ware Twisted case was ridiculous, though. If I had known at the start what it would take to get it done, I'd probably not have done it, but when I was in the middle of it I had to see it through to its completion! At least I documented it so everyone else could see how much trouble it was and how much of a waste of time it would become.

I have yet to see anyone actually do anything with it, save for comment on how I have too much free time, which isn't really true, but would certainly appear to be so from that PDF. ;)

[quote name='asianxcore']Xcopy, your collection is awesome. I'm guessing everything was pretty expensive.[/quote]
It was, hey you're in the Bay Area too. What part? Maybe you can check it out sometime.

[quote name='dallow']From the AVS Forum.
I just love this screenshot.
Looks like his TV is cracked.

[/quote]

watch out for that Wiimote!

wow.. that's definitely a testiment to how great the graphics are in Resistance.

[quote name='dallow']If you want to see some BEAUTIFUL setups.

Skim through this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=752597[/quote]

damn! they don't play over there at the avsforums...

This is a somewhat old pic. Now I've got a PS3 sitting on the bottom shelf on top of the DVD player and an HD-DVD drive on the 360.

[quote name='mik']That Resistance screen is rad.

I love gaming setup threads.

http://thefanboys.com/2007/04/11/post-your-setup1/

(sorry Brevity)[/QUOTE]
Originally this thread was not a “Post your setup” thread. I was asked to change it to that and I am glad I did its given me some ideas. My setup is still under construction since I just built that room and moved stuff into it. There is not a single pic on the wall. Whoever made that article put little to no thought into it. Comparing threads of this type to a “real pecker contest” is perhaps apt if we people in the thread are saying I outdid you or something but if they are posting to get ideas or just say here is what I have right now then its not a contest at all and anyway that analogy is silly. Whenever I see threads like this I always stop in for ideas on setups at the very least. Shouldn’t someone of asked me to use my pic in a post article? I am not bothered by it or your post really though. Just thought I would comment on it.

[quote name='zman73']The exact same AV rack I have in my den Supernothing... gotta love WalMart sometimes[/quote]

do they still sell that AV rack at Wal-Mart? I couldn't find it anywhere on their site, and haven't had time to chekc my local Wal-Mart yet. Also how much did it cost if you can remember>?

What's wrong with sharing the setup love. Sure it's some showing-off in these threads, but it's all good. We aren't here to prove anything with it about how we're superior to one another. Now if somehow someone's setup makes you feel inferior... that's your issue. The article was clearly written by some ignorant bitter bigot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back