CAG Gaming Collections - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shrike4242']As well as thumbnailed everything that wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Danke. Hope to get some new pics up this week.

Lets see those setups, both consoles/PCs and games!

th_DSCN6989.jpg

Got my digital camera up and working again. Sorry about the crappy pics.

Sceptre 32" LCD/Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive/Dreamcast/PS2 (Fat)

Another shot

The Games

The Games (Close-Up/First Shelf)

The Games (Close-Up/Second + Third Shelves)

My Arcade Sticks (Tekken 5 Anniversary PS2, Custom PS2 stick, Agetec Dreamcast Stick aka "The Green Goblin")

how tha fuduck can u play a dreamcast on an hdtv?!?!

between shmups and fighters, you're lagging worse than 8th place in mario kart

ignore nyprimus, asian, your set up is clearly awesome no matter how big the pics are. It's almost antiseptically clean, too. Were you in the military or something?

I don't remember the last time I posted in a thread like this (if ever), so I figured I'd take some real fast pics and put them up of my set-ups. Please excuse the mess of cables, I'll be fixing those quite soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My primary set-up:

TV: Samsung 32" LCD HDTV (LNS3241D)
Sound system: Koss 7.1 1,000W w/DVD player (KS-2190) (will upgrade in a few months)
Consoles: Xbox 360 w/HD-DVD player
Other: Comcast DVR, Logitech Harmony Remote (Xbox 360 model)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

27" SDTV in family room. Used mostly for non-HD consoles and the open space makes it easier for a bunch of people to play:

TV: Symphonic 27" SDTV
Consoles: Dreamcast, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Xbox

My desktop (literally):

PC specs:

22" Samsung 226BW widescreen monitor
Dell Dimension E510 (not shown)
Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz (w/Hyper Threading)
2GB DDR2 Ram (going to be 4GB in a few days)
EVGA 7600GT video card (going to be upgraded soon)
7.1 AuzenTech XMystique Sound Card
160GB 7,200 RPM Hard-drive
200GB 7,200 RPM Hard-drive
DVD-R Dual Layer burner
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Copperhead mouse
Icemat mouse pad
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System

Cheap DVD storage units from Wal-Mart

Closed::

Open:

HD-DVD/DVD in the left cabinet; DVD/DVD TV sets on the right along with the 360 games I own and a few of my favorite Xbox/Gamecube/PS2 games not in the family room (the ones I don't want to get up and walk off if my brothers have friends over).

Not shown: NES, SNES, PSX, and the rest of the game collection itself. Links to the complete game collection is below in my sig.

Nice pics everyone. I'm very jealous of the nice flat panels.

Maybe I'll put the money from my Nintendo liquidation into a decent LCD.

[quote name='gunm']ignore nyprimus, asian, your set up is clearly awesome no matter how big the pics are. It's almost antiseptically clean, too. Were you in the military or something?[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! In regards to the pics, I realized I transfered them to my computer a lot smaller than they were originally. I'm too lazy right now to go back and upload the originals. You get the idea right?

Nope, I've never been in the military. I'm sort of a neat freak though. I take good care of my video game collection and my DVD collection (over 530 deep) is just as neat.

[quote name='JEKKI']how tha fuduck can u play a dreamcast on an hdtv?!?!

between shmups and fighters, you're lagging worse than 8th place in mario kart[/QUOTE]

I usually play MVC2 on my current setup and I haven't noticed any sort of lag on my HD set. Either that or I haven't detected enough lag to seriously annoy me.

If someone can tell me how to post a thumbnail image I will post a pic. I am using photobucket. The IMG Code keep showing the full image when I paste it.

[quote name='kell']Ah, thanks. I thought it was imageshack.com, which is filtered...

Here is the bulk of my collection. Playstation/GBA and newer.

[/QUOTE]
WOW!

[quote name='daroga']kell, are most of those still sealed? May I ask why you have so many in that condition?[/quote]

Yeah, most are new and sealed. I have a ton of games and am a bit embarrassed at how many I have. I play as much as I can, but I have a family and don't get much time to play. I got into the habit of "I will play this one day".

[quote name='kell']Yeah, most are new and sealed. I have a ton of games and am a bit embarrassed at how many I have. I play as much as I can, but I have a family and don't get much time to play. I got into the habit of "I will play this one day".[/QUOTE]

You buy games for the thrill of purchasing a new game. I was/am the same way. I'm too much of a CAG when I see a game for a good price it has to be mine even if I never am going to play it :)

[quote name='pimpinc333']You buy games for the thrill of purchasing a new game. I was/am the same way. I'm too much of a CAG when I see a game for a good price it has to be mine even if I never am going to play it :)[/quote]

Yeah there is definitely some of that going on :lol: . It was always hard for me to pass up a good, cheap game. I was really bad for my PS2, Xbox, and GBA eras. However, I have learned that I will not get to a lot of games and new systems will come out that I'll want to play. So I am going for quality over quantity for future generations. So far so good...;)

[quote name='JEKKI']how tha fuduck can u play a dreamcast on an hdtv?!?!

between shmups and fighters, you're lagging worse than 8th place in mario kart[/QUOTE]

Can't you use a vga box if you're tv has it? Video processing lag varies between manufacturer and even models by the same manufacturer.

Well, I took some pics of my own collection today, though it'll be a while until I get them up here.

Took some pics of my games today, well except my for gba and retro stuff as i didnt feel like diggin it all out.

The Setup:
32" Westinghouse 32w6 720P
Yamaha DD/DTS/PLII 5.1 500w Receiver w/ 100w Self Powered Sub
Xbox 360 (VGA 1366x768/Toslink)
Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player (DTS)
Wii (Component/PLII RCA)
PS2 (Component/PLII Toslink)
P6210245.JPG

Xbox 360:
DSC_1128.JPG

Playstation 2:
DSC_1146.JPG

Gamecube:
DSC_1170.JPG

Xbox:
DSC_1172.JPG

PSP & DS:
DSC_1177.JPG

PC Setup(Custom Built, Old pics but ideally the same setup but in my new house)
:
IMG_1192.JPG

And the newest Goodie:
P6200244.JPG

Well thats it for now until my new tv and setup are in place. Enjoy.

Nice pics. Please add in specs for your TV, receiver if you would.

Almost bought a 5.1ch setup today, but the open box was actually to be a display. :(

Layd Dly, I have the same model TV and I do 1280x720 in VGA with enhanced blacks and its way better then the 1366x768 out of proportion stuff.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Layd Dly, I have the same model TV and I do 1280x720 in VGA with enhanced blacks and its way better then the 1366x768 out of proportion stuff.[/quote]

Ive never really ahd any major issues with anything out of proportion. tonight i will switch it over and try a few games out. But I am also in teh process of selecting a new tv (50+" 1080p DLP) and this will be banished to the bedroom. :) My major issues is that i cannot adjust sat. or hue sicne my firmware is only 1.03. but i really dont have any complaints, as im fairly pleased. but ill try it out and see if its better or not.

How the hell can you afford all those damn games? Is that the ONLY thing you spend money on? I like games and everything, but if I could afford to buy all that junk, I certainly wouldn't spend all the money on games.

[quote name='daroga']Why do you have 2 360s?[/quote]

one is US Version and one is Japanese version. Bought the Japanese one because of Super Robot Taisen XO(I am a fan of this series)

How the hell can you afford all those damn games? Is that the ONLY thing you spend money on? I like games and everything, but if I could afford to buy all that junk, I certainly wouldn't spend all the money on games.

After paying eletronic and gas bills, I spend all money for video games,anime,manga... I'm 18.

That collection is insane I have 1/25,000 the collection you have(not literally) and I never finish any games.

I only finish games that I like. Some games I can play and beat a lot of times and never get bored like Ninja Gaiden,Shenmue,Super Robot Taisen series... but some games I rarely touch and play them

Mmmmm. Nice and messy. Feels like home..... just with, you know, way more videogames.

Yeah, my room is very messy right now. I don't have time to clean it up but when i buy a new Full HDTV, I will move some stuff out for the big LCD.

hiamiyumi: geez. you must have one hell of a job at 18...

seanr1221: nice collection. I wish I could get my collection down to a manageable amount. I find that nowadays I have tons of stuff I don't play. Now I'm trying to get rid of as much as I can.

seanr, congrats! How many games were you at before you scaled back?

Getting rid of the glut of games (which I blame CAG for mostly ;) ) is one of the best things I've ever done. My total collection for the Xbox, 360, GC, and Wii fit nicely on one shelf with plenty of room for more. And a few are just games I've not yet played. I'm sure we'll be clearing out more as I go through them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back