CAG Gaming Collections - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if the images are too big.

Free desktop & monitor from my dads friend (always good to have), & laptop I got for xmas 06.

From top left to bottom right: Sega Saturn, Sega Sports edition Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, Wiimotes & Wii, Phat PS2, Custom PINK dreamcast, Sega Genesis w/ Sega CD Attatchment.

From left to right: Xbox 360, 360 & Xbox collection, Family Guy box sets, TV from about 3 years ago (Need an upgrade!!), Stereo & speakers, N64 games, PS2 games, and some DVDs underneath the stereo, PS2 games & 2 gamecube games on the rack, PStriple to the right.

Dreamcast collection, some PC games & CDs, SNES w/ no wires or controllers lol, NES, and wireless router.

Shoes, Gaming mags, Dreamcast controllers, Genesis games, old Xbox games, Misc games (saturn, ps1, psp, boxed genny games), PSone LCD screen, 2 broken PSPs, and some PC games.

BTW, don't mind the homo flower wallpaper. It's been there since we moved in, and we haven't really made the time or effort to get everything painted up and what not. haha. just wanted to let you know that i don't have flower wallpaper on my walls by choice ;)

Thanks, it was definitely worth going for a high quality tv.

And I since moved the 360 from ontop of my desk. Wasn't the smartest idea to have it on a METAL desk :lol:

Miller might I reccommend what I did to my room. Cleaned it all out. Tucked all the old gen stuff away because realisticly I don't play them much, but still have them available like in a closet. Get a nice refurbished 32" LCD HDTv if your on a budget and set up your consoles, wires everything neat. Get rid of stuff in your room you don't need anymore. Right now in my small-medium sized room I have my bed in the corner, a dresser with my Westinghouse 32" LCD HDTV(32w6 model), Creative I-Trigue L3500 2.1 speakers, and my PS3 and 360 on opposite sides of the TV. I have 6 dressers, 5 have clothes, the top lefts have all my game related stuff. So my room is pretty much empty and in the corner I have my router and cable modem. I want to get a small futon so when friends or whatever come over we can watch Blu-ray movies, play games, watch tv, etc.

Might I mention my model TV also displays standard stuff very, very nicely for an HDTV. If I had my TV and all those old school consoles I would get a composite switcher and hook em all up. My brother brought his Wii upstairs and with friends we played Mario Strikers Charged and through composite it looks good.

I'll post pics when I get everything set up to where I'm content. I'm really proud of my collection, I just need to weed out all the titles I don't want anymore. Minimalism FTW!

Well, I finally took pics of my crap. Not the best as wasn't able to fit everything into a single pic. Also doesn't include older shit really as I'm currently moving that crap around all the time.

Some of the later PC crap and my shoddy shotglass collection.

Couldn't quite take a full picture due to lack of room, so I did it in three. Anyhow, this is mostly my handheld shit, crappy movies, and console accessories.

Middle tower wish most of my PS2, PS3, Blu-Ray, GC, and television series crap.

Here is my PSX, PC, Xbox, 360, and Wii junk. Use to have more PC/PSX but it died in a moving accident. R.I.P. ;(

Never buying a CRT television again. Ever.

And that towel in the shot is on my US PS2 that I use for DDR. Too lazy to put it back by my Gamecube and Xbox. Wires are a tad messy but it's not bad.

Hey guys,

I owe a lot to CAGs for helping me find a lot of the parts in my setup. I plug it when I can, in other forums, and in my posts. I was glad to see a setup thread at CAG, because I'm hoping that you guys will have more cheapass ideas for fixing stuff up.

Anyway, here's the Bunker.

http://www.bunkerguts.com/blog/?page_id=15

The 360 is in The Theater, but you can play it from The Bathroom.

In the back of the room is The Lan, for PC gaming while everyone else is playing Guitar Hero or whatnot.

If you want to play Wii, you go to The DDR Room. If you want to play Settlers of Catan (for real) you go to The Analog Room.

For those interested in wiring and guts, here's a post about how the Lan is wired up.

I am in the midst of a few projects at the moment. I just finished getting my Cobalt Fluxes to work on the 360, and have built a One-handed Guitar Hero guitar. Eventually, I will get some MAME machines running... eventually.

Enjoy!

[quote name='Gangrene']I was glad to see a setup thread at CAG, because I'm hoping that you guys will have more cheapass ideas for fixing stuff up.[/quote]

...Is that even possible? That LAN room makes me drool enough by itself.

[quote name='Draekon']...Is that even possible? That LAN room makes me drool enough by itself.[/QUOTE]

Hells yeah it is! I just got a great tip from a guy on avsforum.com. He recommended a place called Checkers to get a heavy duty cable cover thingy.

http://www.bunkerguts.com/blog/?p=61

Another guy on the Xbox forums gave me a great idea for cleaning up the cable mess in The Works Room.

I am always looking for ways to change things up. Here's an example of something really dumb I did:

The X-Mods Debacle

So... if you guys have any cool ideas, let me know!

dude, i'm afraid to ask but why do you have a box labeled "Enema" in your medicine cabinet.

Oh yeah, holy crap dude. Do you have a ton of gamer friends and a housekeeper?

[quote name='Milkyman']dude, i'm afraid to ask but why do you have a box labeled "Enema" in your medicine cabinet.

Oh yeah, holy crap dude. Do you have a ton of gamer friends and a housekeeper?[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, you are the first person ever to comment about the enema box. I thought it was a really funny joke, and I've never got any laughs about it. (For those of you wondering, Milkyman is refering to the second to the last picture on this page)

I always say that whomever gets pwn3d the hardest in a game night can take it home with them. I've had no takers.

As for having a ton of gamer friends, yes, I do. I also try to spread the gospel of gaming to my non-gamer friends, that's why I make sure there's hardcore and crossover stuff at the parties. It is cool to see people who have never gamed before pick up the Wii and roll. The people who won't touch the video game can play D&D and boardgames in The Analog Room.

heres my setup
my 42 " plama
game stand with systems

games
ds games and cube games
gamecube games and ps2 games
ps2 ps1 ps3 etc." note idon't own a ps3 or xbox360 XD

Here's my current set up. I did the best I could to doctor these in paint.net. I only have a 1 mega pixel digital mavica that records pics on to a floppy disc :lol:
I'm actually reconfiguring it this week, waiting on a 6' HDMI cable for the 360.

long view (in 1 player mode. it's a mess when other people are playing here...we "gangbang" my PC's USB ports, so to speak :lol: )

closer up:

My actual collection is strewn about the TV stand:

On top of the PC:
--all 5 CD install discs of Psychonauts PC
--KOTOR PC install discs

Second shelf:
--FEAR Gold PC
--Ninja Gaiden Black
--Halo 3
--Psychonauts PC box
--Oblivion GOTY PC
--Tomb Raider Legend PC
--Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl

Off to the left, on the inactive subwoofer (aka "bed stand"):
--Onyx DS lite
--PW2:Justice For All
--Picross DS
--Planet Puzzle League

LCD: Sharp Aquos 32" (can't think of the model # off the top of my head.)

PC: 8800GTS 640mb, Core 2 Duo 2.66ghz, 2gb ram, crappy PS/2 keyboard with mismatching color extension cable, wireless mouse on a stand covered by the right arm of the chair-- see kids, pc gaming and writing papers doesn't have to take place at a desk.

[quote name='daroga']Sure you're not going to sell the 360 before the HDMI cable gets there? ;)[/QUOTE]

I asked the Puzzle Quest, it said "no" :)

finally here's my collection pics:

first, here's all teh gamez

here's closeups of all the games so you can check out what i gotz

here's teh consolez

Things not pictured: original xbox, N64 with gamez (those will come later)

[quote name='Gangrene']Hey guys,

I finally took some video of what a Bunker Party looks like. You can find them here (sorry, they are dark, but you get an idea of the spread and the noise!):

http://www.bunkerguts.com/blog/?p=102

And here are the latest pics:

http://www.bunkerguts.com/blog/?p=99

Enjoy![/quote]

Wow...your rooms are simply amazing. Pretty cool to actually see what it looks like with people enjoying themselves doing this and that.

I need to get a better TV, new shelves, etc. before I take a picture. I am pretty proud of my collection, though.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Bump with the new machine:
[/quote]

pretty tight fit in there huh Cochese? man, that simply can't be good for heat conditions.

No, it's actually ok with the new Elite. Runs much cooler than the old ones.

There's a good six inches of space behind it, where the air gets dispelled. Left it on for a good couple of hours last night and it was still much cooler than the Wii gets after 20 minutes.

Update on my game collection.

360 games...(Mass Effect will be added soon)

PS3 games...(Assassin's Creed and The Simpsons will be added soon)

Wii Games...(Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles will be added soon)

Nice, compact collection Seanr.

I should update my pix, but sooo busy w/holiday stuff and w/xmas almost here it'd be best to hold off on that.

I'll have new pics after Christmas. I said I was gonna do pics in the summer, but i didn't, so there.

Naw, this shit's gonna be intense.

I'll be posting some new pics after christmas as well, I've changed setups in the room and my collection has change drastically.

How did it take ms so long to stumble onto this thread! Just went through the 1st page, but I'm definitely going to take a look at the rest. I'll probably throw some pics up soon too!

Great idea!

My computer game collection

100_2330.jpg
dont know how to thumbnail images. anyway, in addition i have half life 2 ep 2, vampire bloodlines and a few older adventure games and abandonware on my hardrive.

100_2329.jpg
sitting on the shelf

100_2335.jpg
ghetto ass desk setup. was alot better at college

100_2337.jpg
front of computer. 8800 gts 640, amd x2 4600, 2 gigs of ram.... not pictured are my two game controllers

100_2333.jpg
my dvds. (some not pictured.)

This is the current setup (PS3 is in the mail)
n39901370_31018629_386.jpg

The setup would not mean much without the games.
n39901370_31018627_9911.jpg
The setup would not mean much without the games.

Then there is the car.
n39901370_31018628_156.jpg
n39901370_31018613_6609.jpg

And the stuff that is in the car.
n39901370_31018618_7786.jpg
n39901370_31018615_7102.jpg

And the classics
n39901370_31018626_9671.jpg
n39901370_31018624_9200.jpg
n39901370_31018625_9434.jpg

Finally, all the crap that has come in the mail, from old jobs, and from interviews.
n39901370_31018620_8244.jpg
n39901370_31018622_8735.jpg
n39901370_31018623_8964.jpg
n39901370_31018621_8485.jpg

Sorry for all of the photos, I wanted to play around with the camera, my siblings got me for Christmas

[quote name='dwhelan']

Sorry for all of the photos, I wanted to play around with the camera, my siblings got me for Christmas[/QUOTE]

wow dude, is that a setup for playing guitar hero in the car? awesome

[quote name='Milkyman']wow dude, is that a setup for playing guitar hero in the car? awesome[/QUOTE]

That is what a bet and a good friend's bachelor party can do. I had 45 minutes to put it together, at the request of the groom, for our trip to Atlantic City for the Bachelor party. It either runs through the wireless headphones (not pictured) or the car stereo. Next project is a large TV in the trunk, for tailgating.

[quote name='seanr1221']Update on my game collection.

360 games...(Mass Effect will be added soon)

PS3 games...(Assassin's Creed and The Simpsons will be added soon)

Wii Games...(Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles will be added soon)

[/quote]

i applaude you. you have a small yet satisfying collection you get the best of both worlds, hours of gameplay and plenty of money left over. you have the essentials for each systems

Heres some of mine humble junk, i havent updated my handheld or retro collections (ps2, gcn, xbox, etc) in forever and it will stay that way for the time being. On to the pics.

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_2337.JPG

DSC_2336.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back