CAG Gaming Collections - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand how some of you guys can get all those games. I have about 20 games, and have been collecting since about 7-8 yrs, and some say they have for 3 and have like 100s of games.

Is it because you guys work 8 hours a day? Thats the only conclusion I can come to. I work 3:30 a day, at 5 days a week. Thats because I have school.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Awesome threads and some awesome collections.

My current rig....

[/QUOTE]

Wins the thread. Hands down.

[quote name='Riyonuk']I dont understand how some of you guys can get all those games. I have about 20 games, and have been collecting since about 7-8 yrs, and some say they have for 3 and have like 100s of games.

Is it because you guys work 8 hours a day? Thats the only conclusion I can come to. I work 3:30 a day, at 5 days a week. Thats because I have school.[/quote]

A good disposable income always helps. Having kept every game and not gotten rid of them for over 2 decades is another. There's different types of people who game and at same time collect though. For me, I like quality games than anything else, try to keep as few clunkers as possible. I know quite a few people though who go to shops, thrifts and garage sales or whatever but they will buy whatever they see even if they had no interest in it to start just to have it, like this 1 guy who buys doubles and triples of every game he has and just keeps them sealed. He has no intention of ever playing them, a certified nut if I ever saw one.

[quote name='seanr1221']I was at about 27-28 360 games :lol:[/QUOTE]

Even though I might never play some of my games, something in me will not allow myself to get rid of my games... guess its my colectors mentality, also alot of my game sytems Ive rebought over the years because I regretted selling them at the time... but when you sell your buggy NES back in the day for 35 and pick one up years later for 10 it doesnt seem as bad

some gear, i didn't bother to take pics of my games or surround setup yet. you can check my game collection here.

tv- 50" plasma
th_gstv.jpg

consoles - old ones are currently unhooked
th_setupdone.jpg

I'm trying to flesh out some custom controller stands at the moment. Got the diameter dowel I need, just need to figure out a way to put it all together.

My Collection minus the tvs...I have a 47in Phillips LCD upstairs with the 360 and Wii hooked up to it. Downstairs, I have a RCA projection big screen I bought for $150 with everything else hooked up to it.

360 and Wii

360 and Wii games

Xbox and 360 Games

DS Games

Ds Games

N64 games

Saturn and Genny games

PS1 games and the few Dreamcast games I have

SNES Games

Ps2 and Gamecube Games

Game Gear

NES Games

All My Non-Current Gen Systems (that arent atari, coleco, intellevision)

Virtual Boy

More at http://profile.imageshack.us/user/m3talst0rm17/

Full Collection List @ http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?&name=FleaMarketFinder&folder=Collection

metalstorm you desperately reminded me how much I need to bulk up on authentic video games from the 16bit era. Genesis and SNES were my childhood and I sold off 50% of my games mostly the good ones like Mario RPG.

The Virtual Console, ROMs, and XBLA just don't match the feeling of having to blow into an SNES cartridge 10 times to get your copy of Super Mario World too work.

woot finally took the time out today to take pics of my setup and pseudo collection!

check it out foolz, I'mabout to bring all yallz on sum MTV crib type shyt... kinda... at least the gaming part of it

First up it's the main setup. play on the ground for realz yo... real gamer dont sit in chairs.

close up of all my next gen shyt rite here, you're fuckin with a 20 inch flat screen TV with THREE RCA composite inputs! YES, THREE! two in the back, one up front.

damn I dont even got enough consoles to fit all my shyt up too! JEKKi straight ballin!

let me introduce u to my consoles too. First it's my refurbished PS2 I bought to play Metal Gear Solid 2 back when it came out! shyt is still kickin to this day!

next is the Dreamcast, I won it at a DDR competition!!

yo whodat on top my TV?!?! oh shyt! it's Dante! he's ready to bust mad capz at any1 tryin to jack my shyt!

my game collection yo! only the best games! where my dreamcast games at?!?! I donno... I only play 3S, and it's in my DC rite now!

this pic rite here is my jungle! cable jungle, except when u go in u dont get lost... u get recharged. It dont matter what u r, PSP, cell phone, gameboy, we got u covered and powered rite here!!

my gaming books... for when I wanna read games instead of play them.

BONUS PIC! this is the inside of my fridge, coz gaming requires sustenance and I got that shyt on lock down!

[quote name='Chacrana']Well do ya'll grill those hot dogs, or cook that shit in the microwave? Bitches betta know.[/QUOTE]well I pour a bit of water into a skillet and pseudo grill them like dat.

then when all the water is evaporated, I throw chili in the pan with hot sauce!

I microwave the bun tho... becoz I aint got a toaster oven.

it sux... I miss having a toaster oven

[quote name='JEKKI']well I pour a bit of water into a skillet and pseudo grill them like dat.

then when all the water is evaporated, I throw chili in the pan with hot sauce!

I microwave the bun tho... becoz I aint got a toaster oven.

it sux... I miss having a toaster oven[/QUOTE]

Still an acceptable battle plan. chili and hot sauce is teh win.

[quote name='Supreme']JEKKI, I don't know who has the better crib, you or Redman.[/quote]
:rofl:

Please don't tell me that crib was real. I thought he was doing a parody.

JEKKI, you need Spam up in that biatch.

[quote name='Supreme']JEKKI, I don't know who has the better crib, you or Redman.[/quote]

I think if we had more pics we would see that Redman is prolly passed out on the floor behind the couch.

Either way, Jekki wins post of the year imho. :applause:

This was the guest bedroom/my ftp server room, but not for long. This will eventually become my gaming room.

I will add 2 more cabs.

Have:

Capcom Impress 29"

Neo Geo Candy Cab 25U" - Need to add game marquee's in lighted marquee slots.

Soon to be added:

Egret II

Atomiswave SD 29"

Ehhh, what the hell....My camera is shit.

DS/GBA and Console Games

PSP Games

32'' Sharp Aquos LCD - the discoloring is from the fucking flash!

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']My new setup:

[/QUOTE]
Don't believe the hype folks, he stole these pics from the interwebs. Until I see his chipped tooth in front of that LG, it ain't real. :)

[quote name='zewone']Don't believe the hype folks, he stole these pics from the interwebs. Until I see his chipped tooth in front of that LG, it ain't real. :)[/QUOTE]

And to think the prick wanted to sue over the tooth.

HUUURRRRRRRR

Here's a quick photo of my setup, bit n00b compared to some folks but it get's the job done.

I think my Kill Bill Qee is the highlight :)

[quote name='daroga']Brave having the 360 on the floor like that, even with the cooling stand. ;)[/quote]

I like to live on the edge, that's how I roll :D

Thanks fpr saying brave and not stupid, I'll curse myself by saying this but I haven't had any problems yet :whistle2:# .

[quote name='benjamouth']I like to live on the edge, that's how I roll :D

Thanks fpr saying brave and not stupid, I'll curse myself by saying this but I haven't had any problems yet :whistle2:# .[/quote]Is there a chance that you can scoot the TV over a bit and swap out the Wii for the 360? Having electronics on the carpet is never a good idea, but I'd be far mroe trusting of the Wii down there than the 360.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']That is a lot of 360 games Benja.[/quote]

Hey a Philly CAG, nice to see ya.

Yeah, once a 360 game drops below $20 I'll usually give it a go, I'm a sucker for the deals and I picked up a lot of games (about 15) during the last B2G1F EB Stop had.

But yeah I do have a lot of games, my poor old Mum blames them for her not having any grand kids yet.:)

[quote name='daroga']Is there a chance that you can scoot the TV over a bit and swap out the Wii for the 360? Having electronics on the carpet is never a good idea, but I'd be far mroe trusting of the Wii down there than the 360.[/quote]

Yeah maybe, it would be quite close to the wall then. How does the air flow round the 360 work ? Does it intake at the bottom and output from the back, that's what I always thought.

I'd be worried about it having a decent airflow out of the back if it was so close to the wall.

Here's my setup (actually...everything is my dad's except the consoles, lol)

game collection (missing some pc, 360, wii games and my psp collection)

New TV, new pics.

Since I'll be leaving for college in 2 weeks, things are a bit messy (I usually try to keep my place tidy) Also, I set up shop in my room, soooo yea, things are even more un-organized :lol: But, nevertheless, here's the pics!

There's my new baby :D

That's the 22" monitor I used to play my games on at school...now it's my monitor for my iBook.

To the left of the TV. Question: Can you find the ugly Dreamcast arcade stick?

Yea, see that OPC thing at the bottom? This TV adjusts it's picture depending on the lighting in the room.

Oo fun!

[quote name='seanr1221']You wouldn't know comedy if it was a bitch slappin' yo' across the face.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Because that shit never happens. I slap bitches. Always. It's refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back