CAG Gaming Collections - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/sF8d-97GAww&rel=1[/media]

My Video Collection. Sorry about the darkness, my apartment has terrible lighting, and the video is being shot on my Alltel Hue.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Heres some of mine humble junk, i havent updated my handheld or retro collections (ps2, gcn, xbox, etc) in forever and it will stay that way for the time being. On to the pics.

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_2337.JPG

DSC_2336.JPG
[/quote]

How can you people afford some of this stuff!? And even so, do you even LIKE all those games? I can count at least 15 that, even if I had the money, I wouldn't buy.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Heres some of mine humble junk, i havent updated my handheld or retro collections (ps2, gcn, xbox, etc) in forever and it will stay that way for the time being. On to the pics.

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_2337.JPG

DSC_2336.JPG
[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty damn nice collection and setup. What kind of speakers are those, out of curiosity? I'm guessing JBL, but it's not like I actually know anything.

nice collection pics Layd.

and I'm definitely looking forward to chac's collection pics. I'll prollly post my new setup and collection tomorrow.

I like that theater setup, and the orange looks good with all the black. Not enough people use brighter colors in their houses.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']How can you people afford some of this stuff!? And even so, do you even LIKE all those games? I can count at least 15 that, even if I had the money, I wouldn't buy.[/quote]
Finished college and got a job lol, i didnt always have this much believe me, im probably making up for that now somehow :lol:. And some of those are still probably sealed, but thanks to this site i buy more than i actually need, but at a fraction of the price of course, those crappy 15 are probably bargain bin or clearance finds, or b2g1 fillers from eb/gs, and theres still 89 PS2 (most rpgs) games and about 30 xbox and 30 gc games not even pictured. But many arent worth trading in or selling, and some crappy games can actually be enjoyable if you look past the flaws.

[quote name='Chacrana']That's a pretty damn nice collection and setup. What kind of speakers are those, out of curiosity? I'm guessing JBL, but it's not like I actually know anything.[/quote]
elmental Designs, they are a small Iowa based company who make awesome Car and HT audio products with good prices.

[quote name='SL4IN']nice collection pics Layd.

and I'm definitely looking forward to chac's collection pics. I'll prollly post my new setup and collection tomorrow.[/quote]

[quote name='jer7583']I like that theater setup, and the orange looks good with all the black. Not enough people use brighter colors in their houses.[/quote]
Thanks, you should see our guest bedroom and bathroom, lol.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']How'd you get a hard shell case for Wii Sports? Printed it online then bought a white case?[/quote]

Bought cases from Nintendo, and printed a cover that a member here created. I have Extra white nintendo brand cases if you interested.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Bought cases from Nintendo, and printed a cover that a member here created. I have Extra white nintendo brand cases if you interested.[/quote]

I would like one please. How much for it shiipped?

[quote name='LilPaintballer']i applaude you. you have a small yet satisfying collection you get the best of both worlds, hours of gameplay and plenty of money left over. you have the essentials for each systems[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm considering downsizing even more though. :whistle2:#

Oookay, there's two versions of this visual massacre. The CAG version with spoiler tags or the LiveJournal version (no, I don't actually have a blog outside of this collection pic orgy) which is the better idea. That's here: http://chacranajxy.livejournal.com/725.html.

Well, it's been a year. And I bought some stuff. And my old collection pics were trash. uhm... anyway, I like quality over quantity, but I still have a lotta games because I'm something of a collector. Nay, a connoisseur. Collector makes me sound like those hopeless folks who parade around Gamecrazy. Anyway, before I offend anyone, I'll stop with the tasteless humor. Enjoy:

Things haven't changed. You still have to ask Kokoro for entry. And she always accepts.

entry.jpg

As creepy as ever, you son of a bitch.

Shut up, slut. Look at my shelves.

fullshelves.jpg

Oh, yeah, like I can fucking read that. You got any sense.

I dunno. Was that even a question? Didn't see a question mark, ass.

shelves1.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa. The fuck's with all those letters from the mystical orient? You ain't Chinese mofck'a.

Gimme a damn minute

shelves2.jpg

shelves3.jpg

Why's there an empty space? You too poor to fill up that shelf?

No, the rest is in the closet.

Along with you?

I'm going to rape your sister.

shelves4.jpg

shelves5.jpg

shelves6.jpg

snesgames.jpg

gbagames.jpg

That's not all the GBA games. Some are still in the boxes for whatever reason.

boxes.jpg

So what about those nonsense letters? I know you can't read that, even if you say you can. You damn liar.

importfront.jpg

1st Row: Dodonpachi Daioujou, Espgaluda, Final Fantasy X International, Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2, Garou: Mark of the Wolves (TERRY BOGARD AAHHH YOU OKAY!!?!?), and Hokuto no Ken (YOU WA SHOCK!!!)

2nd Row: Ibara, King of Fighters XI (kept the Jappo version for progressive scan), Mushihime-Sama, Psyvariar 2: Ultimate Final, Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi, Sega Ages Vol. 25: Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box

3rd Row: Sonic Gems Collection (imported for Streets of Rage 1-3), Vampire: Darkstalkers Chronicle, DJ Max Portable (International version is for guys who sit down when they pee), DJ Max Portable 2, Bleach DS 2nd, Jump Ultimate Stars, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

4th Row: Trigger Heart Excelica Limited Edition, Under Defeat Limited Edition, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza Ver. B Limited Edition

That row is awfully limited. Like your abilities in bed.

Your mom disagrees.

In case you enjoy the backside:

importback1.jpg

importback2.jpg

So your game collection sucks. What kinda shit hardware you got to compliment it.

I got rid of a lot of shit and got nice shit over this last year... so it's less shitty. Shit.

Let's look at the front of the room now:

roomfront.jpg

Shitty TV is gone, got 5.1 sound with good speakers, and I've got a PS3 now.

More detail on the TV plz and also, get yo speakarz in dey burfday sooooooots

detailtv.jpg

Whh... what's this? DVD player is from Oppo (981HD), the receiver is a Pioneer ELITE (because I'm classy) VSX80-TXV, and the speakers are from SVS!?!?! Only the TV is from SONY. WTF!?

Yeah, apparently, not everything I own is from Sony. Who knew I made informed purchase decisions? (Yes, I'm calling you out, presumptuous cocks.)

Also, I pulled the wires out a bit so you can see what a fucking mess it is to have all this shit hooked up.

middle.jpg

In the middle of the room, there's a center speaker, and the positioning makes sense based on where people sit in the room (it's not directly in front of the TV.) The two speakers you haven't seen are in the back, and taking a picture of those would be boring, so I won't do it. They're the same as the front L and R speakers. Of course, there's also the requisite PS3 and 360 (which doesn't see much use), and the Dreamcast is hidden behind the speaker. It doesn't get as much use as it used to, but whatever. Also, that's a fridge on the right.

Ain't yo got a compyyuutah!?!

compyutah.jpg

Yeah, I do. Specs are: Antec P182 SE case, Asus Maximus Formula X38 mobo, Intel QX6850 Quad-Core processor, 4GB PC1066 G-Skill DDR 2 RAM, MSI factory OCed 8800Ultra, Hitachi 7k1000 1TB hard drive, and a quiet fan coz... quiet is nice.

Where's that sub of yours, tho? I thought you was all like "yo, I'm Chac I'm so cool."

nogrillsub.jpg

I am so cool.

Bitch ain't ya'll got no gamez on there?

gamesdesuka.jpg

Hm... so it seems your hardware setup sucks too. Well, for the poor people who wasted their time on this shit, why not provide some wideshots!?!?!

wideshot1.jpg

wideshot2.jpg

fin

I feel poor after seeing Chac's collection. ;-;

First my TV, wideshot I guess.
76867868678.jpg

My 360 games;
868768678678.jpg

Some assorted games/DVD's;
45645645645646.jpg

Bunch of OXM demo discs (lol)
46456456456.jpg

Some assorted DVD's sitting by my PC for god knows why;
324524234324.jpg

[quote name='lawlflip']I feel poor after seeing Chac's collection. ;-;

[/quote]If you feel poor after seeing Chac's collection, you'll feel rich as shit after watching my Video Collection.

this thread always makes me depressed... not because of how good a collection is, or how great certain library is (which are all valid here), but the amount of hours needed or demanded by each collection. No wonder so many people here have backlog. sure it's nice to collect, but I'm just wondering what would happen if people's entire collections got wiped out and they could only play 3 games a year. just a random vent thought.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this thread always makes me depressed... not because of how good a collection is, or how great certain library is (which are all valid here), but the amount of hours needed or demanded by each collection. No wonder so many people here have backlog. sure it's nice to collect, but I'm just wondering what would happen if people's entire collections got wiped out and they could only play 3 games a year. just a random vent thought.[/quote]My 360 backlog is one game. The only one I own. Halo 3 ;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this thread always makes me depressed... not because of how good a collection is, or how great certain library is (which are all valid here), but the amount of hours needed or demanded by each collection. No wonder so many people here have backlog. sure it's nice to collect, but I'm just wondering what would happen if people's entire collections got wiped out and they could only play 3 games a year. just a random vent thought.[/QUOTE]

Wait until you see my 360 backlog. It surpasses my PS2 collection.

I'm scared to know what some backlogs look like!

glad to see some people at least keep tabs on having a minimal backlog.

also, this thread is basically a very good look at consumer heaven :)

For the record, my backlog isn't as bad as it used to be. I typically put at least a decent number of hours into games when I buy them, so it's not like most of my stuff is just sitting there or anything.

well the question now, aside from all the DVDs and movies, how often do most people in this thread finish a game. I'm not saying 100% complete, but at least the end.

I don't have a time frame or a percent, but I do finish a lot of the games. Some get sold off, others I just play for a while, enjoy, and then set aside. I don't necessarily feel like I have to finish every single game.

[quote name='Chacrana']I don't have a time frame or a percent, but I do finish a lot of the games. Some get sold off, others I just play for a while, enjoy, and then set aside. I don't necessarily feel like I have to finish every single game.[/quote]

that was very well said sir :applause:

[quote name='Chacrana']I don't necessarily feel like I have to finish every single game.[/QUOTE]

that's what I'm guessing most people here feel. it's not like you have to anyway if you don't like it too much anyway.

I just think it's bad when people don't take time and try to at least not be a pack rat and hold onto everything they get, no matter how crappy it is or little value it holds.

If you can let go of some of your shit to get cash, then I say you're a little more healthy than most.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']that's what I'm guessing most people here feel. it's not like you have to anyway if you don't like it too much anyway.

I just think it's bad when people don't take time and try to at least not be a pack rat and hold onto everything they get, no matter how crappy it is or little value it holds.

If you can let go of some of your shit to get cash, then I say you're a little more healthy than most.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I looked at my collection like a week ago and just got rid of like 10 games or so... I'll keep a game if it's excellent and I really think it's worth playing again, but that's usually not the case. Hence why a lot of RPGs have gotten the boot semi-recently, even if they're good like Tales of Eternia.

Backlogs :(

I want to post some new pics of my collection/stuff but I'm lazy :(

I got some stuff, if I took pics of I'd get in big trouble lolol...

I got some never before seen Kingdom Hearts stuff... and some other crap here....

I'm going to start collecting Xbox 360 faceplates! :)

And I think I'm going to buy some arcade sticks...

EDIT: O, I found a pic of some of my arcade sticks:

1469858059_50936d4407_o.jpg

And my Tekken games:

1470143061_3d6f492282_o.jpg

!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well the question now, aside from all the DVDs and movies, how often do most people in this thread finish a game. I'm not saying 100% complete, but at least the end.[/quote]With games I'm pretty OCC. (If I start it, I have to finish it, and if I don't get all the extra crap, I have to get pretty close, or at least everything I can get by not being on live or online.) So my backlog is pretty hefty. Shooters can be done in a couple days if I'm loving it. Other games take longer.

RPGs take me forever. I'm still importing all my pokemon into Diamond (six a day)... I started in September, and I've left the game on in sleep mode once or twice, and the other day I crossed the 200hour mark. But I spend a lot of time with pokemon trying to breed a perfect this or that.

Back to the topic at hand, I don't have pictures of my gaming collection. But allow me to share with you this, my complete collection of bottlecaps from RE4. The only reason I took a picutre is because it reminded me of Michael Jackson, and gave me a chortle.

I used to have a LOT more (PS2, xbox, dreamcast, N64, Sega Master System, etc) but i got rid of all of it after I got my Xbox 360.

The tv is a Samsung HLS5687W and the audio is from a Yamaha Sound Projector YSP-800

Prey props open the cabinet while the 360 is on.....

8ge029d.jpg

6y4c00h.jpg

6uoq0lg.jpg

7287gps.jpg

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Three Musketeers, huh?

Gotta love kids.[/quote]

yeah....my son was standing on the left drinking his milk and watching his morning cartoons

[quote name='MarkMan']Backlogs :(

I want to post some new pics of my collection/stuff but I'm lazy :(

I got some stuff, if I took pics of I'd get in big trouble lolol...

I got some never before seen Kingdom Hearts stuff... and some other crap here....

I'm going to start collecting Xbox 360 faceplates! :)

And I think I'm going to buy some arcade sticks...

EDIT: O, I found a pic of some of my arcade sticks:

1469858059_50936d4407_o.jpg

And my Tekken games:

1470143061_3d6f492282_o.jpg

![/QUOTE]

you're set up is beautiful.. but can you hide some of those cords. lol
who am I to talk wait tillyou see my set up

When we hit 500 I'll make a new thread, complete with instructions on how to embed, use thumbs, etc.

I'll also use the opportunity to showcase my new stuff.

If anyone would like me to make the OP and the first few posts links to their collections, just give me some feedback.

To start with the systems...
Silver Slim PSP / Nintendo DS Lite - Gold LoZ Edition :
Picture011.jpg
Xbox 360 Arcade + HD-DVD Add On / 20GB Playstation 3 :
Picture004.jpg
Then on to the games...
PS2 :
Picture001.jpg
Xbox 360 :
Picture010.jpg
PS3 / PSP (minus Uncharted and Resistance:FoM) :
Picture002.jpg
DS + Oblivion Special Edition + Persona 3 :
Picture003.jpg
Some Dreamcast games :
Picture009.jpg
Picture008.jpg
HD-DVD / Blu-Ray Movies :
Picture006.jpg
Picture005.jpg
37'' Olevia LCD HDTV while watching 2001: A Space Odyssey :
Picture007.jpg

There are a couple of things missing like most of my DC games which are in a shoebox under my bed somewhere, Warhawk for PS3, and a few PS2 games. :D

It has been a while since I posted, so I will update what I have:

PS3/360
Apartment2_setup1.jpg

Wii (I used my old SDTV since I haven't bought component cables yet. But I do like having it in my bedroom)
Apartment2_setup2.jpg

Both PSPs
PSP-2000_2.jpg

Need to take a new picture of my DS (or find it)

PS3
PS3GamesB.jpg

X360GamesA.jpg

Wii
WiiGamesB.jpg
Need to put Link's Crossbow in it

PSP
PSPGamesA.jpg

NDS
NDSGamesI.jpg

PS2
PS2GamesA1.jpg

PS2GamesA2.jpg

PS2GamesA3.jpg

Minus Maximo, Bujingai, and Devil Summoner

Xbox
XboxGamesA.jpg

Minus Voodoo Vince and Rallisport though

GC
GCGamesA.jpg

DC
DCGamesC.jpg

GBA
GBAGamesF.jpg

Old School
GenesisGamesC.jpg

Minus Castlevania.

NESGamesB.jpg

N64GamesC.jpg

PS1GamesD2.jpg

Minus Alundra

PS1GamesD1.jpg

SNESGamesC.jpg

Minus Castlevania

SaturnGamesD.jpg

T16GamesB.jpg

Here's a picture of all the game console boxes I kept:
GameBoxesC.jpg

The 2nd PS2 box came from my suitemate, but all the rest are mine.

Thomas96: What cables!?

---

Old pics, but more stuff... (too lazy!)

Here's my primary gaming setup... I have another setup for my older games... and one in the garage for my arcade games.

I'm workin' on a new one in my other CPU area goin with an all white theme(To go with the new white PS3)... I'll post pics of it whenever it'll be done(who knows lol)...

2079255094_88ebc017b8.jpg

2079258168_ad783d34db.jpg

2079256676_8d51849a84.jpg

2078464197_709b9ad55a.jpg

In the garage...
Sega Astro City 29 with Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Namco dedicated T2 cab with Tekken Tag Tournament put in...
MAS Systems SuperNOVA with Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection system 256 board.

2079259182_b8693ccabe.jpg

330764672_6efdf29a2b.jpg

... That's some of my gaming stuff.. 8-[

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I'm impressed with the condition of your older stuff.[/QUOTE]
I use to have way more, and tons of rare games on Saturn and PS1 (like Valkyrie Profile, Albert Odyssey, Burning Rangers, non GH FFVII, etc.). But, I eventually let some stuff go. Like I mentioned before, I might ditch all that old school stuff I have except my SNES and PS1 soon (only because I'll be moving and can't take everything with me, when I finish college and find a job somewhere).

Nice stuff MarkMan. :)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I use to have way more, and tons of rare games on Saturn and PS1 (like Valkyrie Profile, Albert Odyssey, Burning Rangers, non GH FFVII, etc.). But, I eventually let some stuff go. Like I mentioned before, I might ditch all that old school stuff I have except my SNES and PS1 soon (only because I'll be moving and can't take everything with me, when I finish college and find a job somewhere).

Nice stuff MarkMan. :)[/quote]

holy crap your back! Welcome back! :D

And Markman, dont you have like a redonculous collection of arcade sticks?

[quote name='moiety']Where did you get that Nintendo trunk/box?

BTW, I love this thread :). Thanks to everyone for sharing your collections. Once we move I'll definitely be contributing as well.[/quote]

I've had it since i was about 5 years old, it's just kinda hung around since then (there are still micro machines stored in it from when i was a kid too :D ).

I've only seen one other and that was at a flea market game store.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It has been a while since I posted, so I will update what I have:

PS3/360
Apartment2_setup1.jpg

Wii (I used my old SDTV since I haven't bought component cables yet. But I do like having it in my bedroom)
Apartment2_setup2.jpg

Both PSPs
PSP-2000_2.jpg

Need to take a new picture of my DS (or find it)

PS3
PS3GamesB.jpg

X360GamesA.jpg

Wii
WiiGamesB.jpg
Need to put Link's Crossbow in it

PSP
PSPGamesA.jpg

NDS
NDSGamesI.jpg

PS2
PS2GamesA1.jpg

PS2GamesA2.jpg

PS2GamesA3.jpg

Minus Maximo, Bujingai, and Devil Summoner

Xbox
XboxGamesA.jpg

Minus Voodoo Vince and Rallisport though

GC
GCGamesA.jpg

DC
DCGamesC.jpg

GBA
GBAGamesF.jpg

Old School
GenesisGamesC.jpg

Minus Castlevania.

NESGamesB.jpg

N64GamesC.jpg

PS1GamesD2.jpg

Minus Alundra

PS1GamesD1.jpg

SNESGamesC.jpg

Minus Castlevania

SaturnGamesD.jpg

T16GamesB.jpg

Here's a picture of all the game console boxes I kept:
GameBoxesC.jpg

The 2nd PS2 box came from my suitemate, but all the rest are mine.
[/quote]

Mana, I'm starting to get into the mindset that I don't want HUGE collections, just nice little respectable ones, but damn, I'm still envious of your psp collection.

[quote name='SL4IN']Mana, I'm starting to get into the mindset that I don't want HUGE collections, just nice little respectable ones, but damn, I'm still envious of your psp collection.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I know what you mean. I REALLY want to downsize my PSP and PS2 collection greatly, but just can't. My PS2 is hard because I collected several series (mostly RPGs) and it's tough to let just one go (despite letting Devil Summoner go). With my PSP, I've trimmed a few games out here and there, but I cannot deny I put together a pretty good PSP collection, with great classical compilations, good RPGs, and so on. I just don't know where to start (I'd love to dump one import game, but cannot exactly get rid of it easily, but I got it cheap anyway). :whistle2:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back