CAG Gaming Collections - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tenzor']do they still sell that AV rack at Wal-Mart? I couldn't find it anywhere on their site, and haven't had time to chekc my local Wal-Mart yet. Also how much did it cost if you can remember>?[/QUOTE]

Ive still seen them there, I think they were between 80-90 bucks

fuckin' Bay area bastards are making me sad about my lack of arcade-ness.

And yeah, we need more pics. I'd join in, but I simply cannot do so before the packages arrive. Might need a new cabinet since I don't think I'll have enough room for all these components, but at least that'll enable me to have my SNES and Xbox hooked up again (meaning, I have to buy even more cables... joy.)

Here's a bunch of my crap minus a lot of older gen stuff that is packed away. Actually just moved it all into a crawlspace and it fit well but it's hell to take pics with all the pipes in the way. Plus I need to replace that DVD bookcase with some nicer stands that Chacrana recommended - THANKS!

Once I get my current gaming setup cleaned up a bit, I will post those as well!

Edit - Added some arcade stick pictures...

Heh, it seems my recommendations spread. Seriously, in the last 6 months, I've been responsible for like... a lot of people overhauling their collections/setups/what have you. It's kinda cool, but I'm still going to feel terrible when I end up misleading someone one of these times.

Okay, continue the thread.

Edit: Oh, and Galv, is there anywhere you can put shelves in a room without a giant pipe? :lol: If you've got some bare walls, cover 'em with shelves and use that pipe room for some crap you don't use. Maybe move shit from your gaming room to the pipe room and put the games out in the open? Or just get rid of Gundam Wing and save space.

[quote name='Chacrana']Heh, it seems my recommendations spread. Seriously, in the last 6 months, I've been responsible for like... a lot of people overhauling their collections/setups/what have you. It's kinda cool, but I'm still going to feel terrible when I end up misleading someone one of these times.

Okay, continue the thread.

Edit: Oh, and Galv, is there anywhere you can put shelves in a room without a giant pipe? :lol: If you've got some bare walls, cover 'em with shelves and use that pipe room for some crap you don't use. Maybe move shit from your gaming room to the pipe room and put the games out in the open? Or just get rid of Gundam Wing and save space.[/quote]

Wasn't by choice. I had a room that I was working on, but the wife forced me into the crawl space and took the room for her current project - me building a walk in closet. Penalty for marriage (and kids) so the pipes have to stay. I am looking at trying to get rid of the case behind the pipes altogether and getting smaller stands to flank the pipes so to speak, but that is going to take some time.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Wasn't by choice. I had a room that I was working on, but the wife forced me into the crawl space and took the room for her current project - me building a walk in closet. Penalty for marriage (and kids) so the pipes have to stay. I am looking at trying to get rid of the case behind the pipes altogether and getting smaller stands to flank the pipes so to speak, but that is going to take some time.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit, I didn't consider the SO-factor. I reckon, you don't have a chance in hell of moving out for a while then. Well your pipe-flanking plan does sound like it could work, so best of luck to ya.

[quote name='gizmogc']Ugh, sorry for the poor pictures. Imageshack KILLED them.[/quote]ImageShack made your picture taking all tilty? Weird. ;)

[quote name='daroga']ImageShack made your picture taking all tilty? Weird. ;)[/QUOTE]

No, that was the Jack and Coke I had, lol.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I don't see any games gimogc.[/QUOTE]

Games? All my systems shown are modded (Except for the PS3, but still don't have any games for). I do have games, but they are packed away as I tend to play my backups more and keep actual copies in my closet. I have way too many Cube, 360, Wii, Xbox, DS, N64, NES, SNES etc. stuff packed away.

This time it's authentic. I didn't bother cleaning up at all to take these shots.

My collection totally pwns all your guyses :lol:

Mmmmm

Wiiiii!

the three-sixty

Where the magic happens.

Nearly all magazines courtesy 6669.

New apt and new tv :bouncy:

Just realized all my NES, GC and Xbox games are all hidden behind that ugly fucking chair.

[quote name='Kayden']New apt and new tv :bouncy:

Just realized all my NES, GC and Xbox games are all hidden behind that ugly fucking chair.[/QUOTE]

Blah get that speaker wire taken care off. It's hanging all over the place. Pretty straight though besides that.

Edit: Also the Subwoofer inside the entertainment center? Doesn't it rattle and sound like shit?

[quote name='pimpinc333']Blah get that speaker wire taken care off. It's hanging all over the place. Pretty straight though besides that.

Edit: Also the Subwoofer inside the entertainment center? Doesn't it rattle and sound like shit?[/quote]

Wire- Its not long enough to run neatly and I don't feel like buying longer cords just so I don't have to see 4 feet of it behind my TV.

There isn't anything light in the stand and all the components have rubber feet. I haven't noticed any rattles, but the bass is loud/heavy as all hell since it does have the whole center around it. It feels like a theatre.

[quote name='Kayden']Wire- Its not long enough to run neatly and I don't feel like buying longer cords just so I don't have to see 4 feet of it behind my TV.

There isn't anything light in the stand and all the components have rubber feet. I haven't noticed any rattles, but the bass is loud/heavy as all hell since it does have the whole center around it. It feels like a theatre.[/QUOTE]

Ah Ok. Usually there would be a ton of rattle but that Stand looks heavy. Good Stuff.

lol, home built my ass (for those who didnt see in the fighter thread)

I wanna make mooooooooore....

but aint got the time now :(

Jekki, I'll never understand where you get your inspiration for sticks like this, but I want you to realize that nothing will match that awesome Persona 3 one you have. How many custom sticks do you have total?

lol, Persona stick is not mine, it's Byrdo's.

I only made 2, the first practice one (DDS) and this practice one ^^

I spent too much money this month and still needa get new kickz, I'll buy more arcade parts later

Got around to cleaning up my cable mess.
We got a new entertainment center and furniture for the family room.

Not bad, I have some ties on all the cables and most go through the arm thing.

[b/]Bedroom Setup[/b]

SONY KDS-R50XBR1
50" (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i)
SONY Upconverting DVD Player
Old School VCR

Bedroom.jpg

[b/]Downstairs Setup[/b]

Sony KDF-60XS955
60" (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i)
Sony PS3 - 20 Gig
Xbox 360 - 20 Gig with Chargers Faceplate and Superman Decal
Comcast/Motorola HD-DVR
Bose 5.1 Surround Sound

Downstairs.jpg

.................................................................................................................................

[b/]Living Room Setup[/b]

Sony KDL46XBR2 (MY NEW TV!)
46" (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p)
Sony PS3 - 20 Gig
Xbox 360 - 20 Gig
Comcast/Motorola HD-DVR
Spherex 5.1 Surround Sound
Slingbox Pro
Cable Modem
Linksys WRT54GS Router

NEW_TV_-_001.jpg

NEW_TV_-_003.jpg

SORRY ABOUT THE SHITTY PICS, I think my digital camera is going out on me.

Finally have pics! One of my living room setup (basically just the Wii, PS2, and my current game) and then my game room with, unsurprisingly, my games. I need to find my old pics to visualize the dramatic collection cleansing that's taken place over the last year.

Living room (amusingly every component there is new within the last 6 months other than the receiver and black DVD player):

Game room:

And the old pic (June 06):

-Scoponok and Soundwave just hanging out... Atari still works, just kept out for display. Once I get my house, I'll have a more elaborate display.

[quote name='botticus']Finally have pics! One of my living room setup (basically just the Wii, PS2, and my current game) and then my game room with, unsurprisingly, my games. I need to find my old pics to visualize the dramatic collection cleansing that's taken place over the last year.

Living room (amusingly every component there is new within the last 6 months other than the receiver and black DVD player):
http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=setup002ou6.jpg

Game room:
http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=setup003ea6.jpg

And the old pic (June 06):
http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=collectionfl1.jpg[/quote]

Couple of things (not that you'll care)... I like the rack you have to the left of the TV in your living room. If I ever get enough space (read- when I move in a couple of years), I'll probably do the same thing. You should probably either throw away (or at least put in your closet) the Wii and PS2 boxes that are under the TV stand. Also, the game room... while you have less games now, it seems like the area is filled with more clutter (or maybe you just did a good job of cleaning before you took the old pic). Definitely a nice set-up though.:applause:

[quote name='Warner1281']Couple of things (not that you'll care)... I like the rack you have to the left of the TV in your living room. If I ever get enough space (read- when I move in a couple of years), I'll probably do the same thing. You should probably either throw away (or at least put in your closet) the Wii and PS2 boxes that are under the TV stand. Also, the game room... while you have less games now, it seems like the area is filled with more clutter (or maybe you just did a good job of cleaning before you took the old pic). Definitely a nice set-up though.:applause:[/quote]Don't ask me why I've put a dozen boxes in our storage closet, but left those under the TV stand. I don't know why you don't like them where they are though. :D

Unfortunately my game room has become the "storage for shower/wedding gifts that we don't have any use/room for in an apartment yet" room, which is okay, because that means I get to keep my PS2 out in the living room with nowhere to sit in the game room. Hence the clutter. Wasn't even room to back up as far away as I did for the original picture.

For reference, the audio pier is this one: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-7/qid=1181236416/ref=sr_1_7/602-3050897-9202242?ie=UTF8&asin=B000DN79BW

There's a whole collection of TV stand (pictured), end tables, coffee tables, etc. Got that pier from my buddy as a wedding gift, hoping to get another one to bookend the TV stand once we get a house.

[quote name='JEKKI']lol, home built my ass (for those who didnt see in the fighter thread)

I wanna make mooooooooore....

but aint got the time now :([/QUOTE]

The new Secret Squirrel, Two Stupid Dogs and Ms. Keane from PPG?

I'm confused.

Then (living room setup):

Now (bedroom setup):

I chose not to connect the Xbox Live Vision Camera or the Wii (which is now just for show), since I didn't really feel like adding even more clutter in the form of wires. If anyone cares, the first is a KDS-60XS955, and the other is a KDL-46XBR2.

Man, I got to show you guys my friends HDTV. Its insanely big, I think its acctually to big. I didn't know they made HDTV's that big. Its a Samsung.

my friend used to have one of them samsung dlp tvs it was like 60 some inches. That was pretty cool, but it started causing some problems so i think they got a smaller plasma.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']DUde you have the same TV's as me! Except you don't have a third tv, and I do![/quote]
You're somewhat correct. I don't have three TV's; I have six (from 14" up to 60"). Although, to be fair, 2 of them aren't being used and are just taking up space because I haven't found anyone willing to buy them yet. I've also got a KDS-50A2000, but the only thing connected to it is a [SIZE=-1]ViP211[/SIZE]. I admire your taste in televisions, though. ;)

[quote name='Poet_JD']Here's mine:

105" screen
Sanyo PLV-Z4 720p/1080i projector
Denon AVR-2807 Receiver
Aperion 5.1 Intimus Surround Sound
PSWii60
[/QUOTE]

Very nice. If something was displayed on the screen it would look better ;)

Now that is how next-gen games should be played. Poet - have you tried messing around with speaker placement at all? They look a little off to me, I think you would get a much better sound if you raised/angled the L/R to closer to ear level (I'm assuming those are the boxes on the floor) and gave the sub some breathing room.

[quote name='getmyrunon']Now that is how next-gen games should be played. Poet - have you tried messing around with speaker placement at all? They look a little off to me, I think you would get a much better sound if you raised/angled the L/R to closer to ear level (I'm assuming those are the boxes on the floor) and gave the sub some breathing room.[/quote]

True, I'm very happy with it. As far as moving the speakers around, the only other placements I've tried are moving the speakers up on top of the cabinet (I didn't want to bother with stands). From my limited experimentation, it didn't make enough of a difference for me to detect (if at all). Those aperion speakers pack a LOT of power, and considering that I'm in a _relatively_ enclosed space, it fills the room very easily.

Here are some pics with the thing on. Unfortunately, the pictures don't do the setup justice mainly because a) my camera is weaksauce, b) the distance, and c) low lighting.

Poet_JD, nice... but i generally avoid projectors, not that i don't like them, just that you need to dim the lights to get maximum results...

anyhow, here's my setting:

56" DLP
crappy 5.1 surround sound (getting a new one soon, but keep on saying that for a while now)
PS3, Wii, all component
GCube, regular AV.

[quote name='Chacrana']On the bright side though, at least the mods haven't discovered this thread and turned it into a bunch of thumbnails. That makes things so much less interesting.[/quote]
Found said thread, and merged into this one. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back