Ant Bully
Rampage
Ice Age 2
Happy Feet
Open Season
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Free game must equal 49.99 less in value. Expires 7th August 2007

In classic fashion they elimate any way possible in which this deal may be profitable, but its not that bad I guess if you have som older junk that doesnt trade in for as much anymore

Trade 2 PS3 games get one free

Exclusions are
2007 and older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire

Offer good on games 59.99 or less. Expires 7th August 2007.

Again not great but if you hav some old crap then why not?

Yep, my enthusiasm for this deal quickly died when I read the fine print. Anyone who picked up a crapload of Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam at Costco for 10 bucks when that whole thing was going on will make a killing here. Bastards.:bomb:

Yeah, with those exceptions this is mostly a wash. If you have a GameCrazy nearby the extra 50% trade-in deal that starts tomorrow is a much better deal, as it almost equals trade 1 for 1 on newer games (especially Wii games which trade at $30 + 50% ($15) = $45!)

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']Yep, my enthusiasm for this deal quickly died when I read the fine print. Anyone who picked up a crapload of Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam at Costco for 10 bucks when that whole thing was going on will make a killing here. Bastards.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Is this deal still on at CostCo?

This is kind of a rip off considering you could just go on a site like TradeGamesNow and trade stuff in there...

Unless of course the games you have are really bad, in which case this isn't a bad deal.

[quote name='bearcatjosh']Cool, looks like I'm getting Mario Stikers Charged after all.
Can you make the free game a pre-order?[/quote]

1. do the trade and get any game that is out right now like spm
2. immediately return it for store credit of the new game ~54something
3. put the store credit on the preorder

this worked for me but i had the managers help so good lux

As long as the game's release date is before the deal ends, I remember doing this a couple of months ago with Open Season and Farcry for a pre order on Super Paper Mario, plus the Edge card stacked so I got 5 extra bucks too. That one is probably YMMV but the pre order shouldnt be a problem.

Hm. I could probably buy Avatar and Red Steel on GameFly. With the 10% membership discount, that puts them to $20.69 each. Plus the 5 GameFly dollars I have, brings one of the games down to $16.63 including tax.

Shame the Google Checkout promotion ended. Could've gotten at least one for $6.63.

Either way, looks like I *might* be picking up Pokémon Battle Revolution even cheaper.

I guess they learned from last time... it's too bad my Target is worthless for clearance games nowadays, or I could probably make this profitable over the next two months.

Maybe something will make itself flippable before Manhunt/Mario Strikers.

That's GameStop for ya. Most people trading in are likely either the people who bought their games when they first came out or those who're trying to be cheap about it and trade in two games that would cost only the same as one would.

Looks like they're shooting for the latter to stiff people into trading titles that most likely cost $80 to $100 in total ($100 to $120 in the case of PS3 games) for a mere $50/$60 title or less.

Hahahaha...that exclusions list cracks me up. I was also one of the savvy CAGs who took advantage of the Far Cry/Open Season-palooza last time. Looks like they really did learn their lesson this time. I really didn't think they'd ever even do this promotion again, but it's nice to know the big shots at corporate still think they can screw people with the "deal". Touche GS/EB. But you will never get me!

If Chicken Little and Tony Hawk are not excluded, then I will trade those 2 in for a new Wii game (Scarface maybe?) Or if I can preorder Mario Strikers, I would do that. I might even eventually use this deal to trade in a couple more lower value Wii games that I have that aren't excluded. These deals are the ONLY time I ever trade into GS anymore.

The fact that that list is rather large for Wii exclusions goes to show they're not even organized about it. They may as well have just said "Offer excludes sports titles and Wii Play. Offer only good on games normally priced at $29.99 (new). Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details."

Wastes a lot less space than that large ass list of games. They may as well just add every damned multiplatform title everytime they run this promo, cause this is ridiculous.

So do they not exclude RE4? If the Circuit City buy 2 get $20 off still works I could trade in my Trauma Center (which was a gift anyway) and a $20 RE4.

Mario Strikers for $20 sounds nice.

[quote name='SpazX']So do they not exclude RE4? If the Circuit City buy 2 get $20 off still works I could trade in my Trauma Center (which was a gift anyway) and a $20 RE4.

Mario Strikers for $20 sounds nice.[/quote]

Well, it's not technically only $20 if you are losing Trauma Center along with it. Still not a bad deal though.

[quote name='ihadFG']Well, it's not technically only $20 if you are losing Trauma Center along with it. Still not a bad deal though.[/quote]
Well yeah, but it was a gift so it was free :p. So I may be losing the opportunity to sell Trauma Center, but nobody wants to buy it anyway...

[quote name='LilPaintballer']can i trade in red steel and cod 3 for re4 and 2000 points, or should i get some other gamee[/quote]Game has to be at least $49.99. They won't just give you $50 credit.

I'm just curious to if RE4 will work towards this. Since it is $30 and not $50. Also, Mercury Meltdown Revolution is supposed to be $20

You could buy RE4 and Mercury Meltdown, beat both of them by 8/7 and trade the two in for a new game - $0 money spent for 2 long rentals of new games. (and if you use 2 BB $5 off coupons when buying RE4 and Mercury Meltdown, you could even get the new game for $10 off)

I love it when a plan comes together.

[quote name='botticus']Game has to be at least $49.99. They won't just give you $50 credit.[/quote]

hmmmm, what game to get then.... BBA, any good?

So if I'm reading this right, A $20 Call of Duty 3 for the Wii at TRU might just work then, no?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2525535&cp=2255956.2273442.2255974.2290625.2290629&view=all&parentPage=family

I don't see where to double-check it against the GS/EB website, but it's not listed as an exclusion by the OP.

So...if I'm properly channeling my inner CAG-fu, isn't it possible to price-match this to Best Buy or Circuit City and save a bit more?

Perhaps not the greatest of deals, but a $50+ game for somewhere in the neighborhood of $40?

Ugh, too much runaround this time. The last one was good because Far Cry was plentiful. Even then it wasn't too much of a deal, only about $20 off. At best here you're getting $10 off for a bunch of hassle.

The GameCrazy extra 50% is probably better overall. Not to mention you don't have to go to gamestop to get it.

[quote name='SpazX']I'd rather do the gamecrazy thing, but there aren't any here.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Maybe I'll just trade in Metal Slug and Rayman, I dont play them anymore anyway. Maybe the Bigs? Or Mario Strikers? We'll see.

hope to see a healthy increase in the "worst GS/EB experiences" thread as this promo starts.. let's hear some stories!

Just keep in mind, you are handing over both games for $25 apiece when you do this, and also that unless you paid less than that, you ARE losing out and GameStop IS winning in this exchange.

Eb is worthless. Unless you got Tony Hawk at Costco or whatever, or have some crappy other Wii titles, this deal is not a deal. I guess some people could find it useful but I'm pissed that I can't.

[quote name='Poolking99']Eb is worthless. Unless you got Tony Hawk at Costco or whatever, or have some crappy other Wii titles, this deal is not a deal. I guess some people could find it useful but I'm pissed that I can't.[/quote]

eb is good for used nintendo wifi adapters 19.99 but i think thats about it

I don't know why people are getting mad about this deal - it has quite a few weeks to become above and beyond decent with it ending in August and all.

Now, what retailer wants to crack first and open the clearance flood gates so we can rape EB/GS dry? ^_^

[quote name='wannabepunktony']

Now, what retailer wants to crack first and open the clearance flood gates so we can rape EB/GS dry? ^_^[/QUOTE]

I'm putting $10 on K-Mart.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I might have to trade Tony Hawk Downhill Jam and Sonic here. When is Strikers due out?[/quote]July 30th. Meh deal for me since I have no Wii games to go in, lol.

EB/GS is hoping people actually lose money on this deal - just like the 360 one a year ago or so. Many of the games you might trade in would get more than $25 normally, but they get reduced for this deal ;). Now, I know that in actual fact most EB/GS stores will just give you the credit the games get (and bump them up to $25 if they are less) but some less than honest ones may screw over people who don't know better (unless the system doesn't allow that).

Unless something crops up at clearance somewhere, as others have suggested, this isn't much of a deal for us... But I'll keep any eye on this thread just in case ;).

Though I do have a Super Swing Golf that I could throw in if I need to come up with a second game... I'm sure that one doesn't trade for $25 normally. Though, yet again, I'm probably better off dumping that at GC.

I doubt EBStop gives more than $25 for any wii game except those released this past week or so at $50.

[quote name='jer7583']I doubt EBStop gives more than $25 for any wii game except those released this past week or so at $50.[/quote]According to the trade values page, only SPM and Mario Party get $25, so at worst, if someone were to trade in those two games, they'd lose the $5 bonus from Edge. Otherwise they'll get a higher trade-in.

Yes their trade-ins generally suck, and they are hoping to make money with this deal, but please - there are plenty of launch games that aren't excluded that only get $30 or less on eBay (Red Steel and Rayman off the top of my head). So if you have two, and you're going to get a new game anyway, taking a few dollar loss to avoid the clusterfuck that is eBay isn't terrible.

I agree with botticus.

I have several titles that I picked up at release or on the B2G1 that I regret or have simply finished playing and won't be sad to trade away... now is the chance to dump them for GOOD titles :)

COD 3
Super Swing Golf (unless it's considered a "sports" title...)
Super Monkey Ball
Cars
GT Pro Series
Tony Hawk
Monster 4x4

8 games that I paid less than $200 for that I can trade in for 4 decent titles, assuming they let me use them on pre-orders.

I also have 2 PS3 games that I picked up at Sam's for $10 each that I'll trade in for a nice $60 game.

All in all I'm thankful for this promotion.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I'm putting $10 on K-Mart.[/quote] Kmart has been awfully quiet with clearances for the last few months. Hell, when was the last time they actually did a rather big addition to their clearance list?

Looking on a receipt for the last time they did this (which was in April...yes, I keep these things), all they'll do is just stack up the trade-in value for the two games you trade in and count them towards the price of the game you're getting.

Unfortunately, the games excluded this time around are really the only ones you would get for a steal. Surf's Up is close as the trade-in value is $16, but it ain't worth dishing out $50 for that when you may as well just buy the damn game you want.

The last time when they didn't exclude Far Cry and Open Season, they basically had to overide the prices to match the price of the new game.

...And on a side note, I'm looking at the receipt even further and see the damn thing has certain...things that are rather personal.

Name
Address
Address2
City
State
Zip
Country
Phone
Email
DOB
M/F
Height/Feet
Height/Inches
Weight
Hair Color
Eye Color

...Are they gonna ask us for blood and sperm samples next when we want to pre-order games?

[quote name='Tsukento']...And on a side note, I'm looking at the receipt even further and see the damn thing has certain...things that are rather personal.

Name
Address
Address2
City
State
Zip
Country
Phone
Email
DOB
M/F
Height/Feet
Height/Inches
Weight
Hair Color
Eye Color

...Are they gonna ask us for blood and sperm samples next when we want to pre-order games?[/quote]

Actually, that stuff is quite normal when you are trading/selling something to a business. It is in case someone reports stolen stuff to the police that they can track the people that brought the stuff in to them it it was to ever come up. It's no different than if you were going to a pawn shop to sell stuff to them.

[quote name='botticus']According to the trade values page, only SPM and Mario Party get $25, so at worst, if someone were to trade in those two games, they'd lose the $5 bonus from Edge. Otherwise they'll get a higher trade-in.

Yes their trade-ins generally suck, and they are hoping to make money with this deal, but please - there are plenty of launch games that aren't excluded that only get $30 or less on eBay (Red Steel and Rayman off the top of my head). So if you have two, and you're going to get a new game anyway, taking a few dollar loss to avoid the clusterfuck that is eBay isn't terrible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured I might do this with Super Swing Golf. But then I realized the GC deal is really much better. Last wiki price for that is $28, which will net me $42. That blows EB/GS's little crappy deal out of the water. I suspect the value may have dropped a bit, but even if it is $20 I'll make out better at GC.

Another big advantage to the GC deal is I don't have to scrounge up 2 Wii games (since I only have the 1 to trade). Yes, it is also a "trade 2" deal, but it includes DS and PSP so I have plenty of options.

[quote name='io']Yeah, I figured I might do this with Super Swing Golf. But then I realized the GC deal is really much better. Last wiki price for that is $28, which will net me $42. That blows EB/GS's little crappy deal out of the water. I suspect the value may have dropped a bit, but even if it is $20 I'll make out better at GC.

Another big advantage to the GC deal is I don't have to scrounge up 2 Wii games (since I only have the 1 to trade). Yes, it is also a "trade 2" deal, but it includes DS and PSP so I have plenty of options.[/quote]
The downside to GC is that it requires an hour round-trip for some of us. ;)

[quote name='botticus']The downside to GC is that it requires an hour round-trip for some of us. ;)[/quote]

the only perk about gaymstop is that there are a million that take eachothers junk

[quote name='botticus']The downside to GC is that it requires an hour round-trip for some of us. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, for me GC is actually closer (by 1 mile). (How nice it used to be when my GR was still around - GR and GC were 1/4 mile apart with a GS 1 mile away, not to mention Fry's and Target nearby as well). Though I'm not sure what you are complaining about, ALL of these stores are 40 minutes round trip for me - that's the bare minimum to get to anything from where I live ;).

However, one universal downside at GC (I just found out) is that their deal requires an immediate new game purchase, and there's nothing I want right now. They said I could buy a $9.99 PSP game (damn, just bought Outrun there a few weeks back). Super Swing Golf does get just $30 at GC after the promo. Now I'm thinking I might be able to part with Cars for the Wii, which doesn't seem to be excluded. I'm sure I can get a preorder in at EB/GS whereas at GC they said that wouldn't work. So *maybe* I'll trade Super Swing Golf and Cars for a Strikers preorder...

Those should work. It isn't official or anything but the games on the list are all ones they sell for 24.99 or less used. Your two sell for 29.99 plus they aren't on the exclusion list so you should be golden.

Important note, the website says this deal expires 7/8/07, not 7 August 2007. Someone let me know if the flyer says differently. The site isn't great because it has the Wii and PS3 deals listed separately, but the Wii text is a copy of the PS3 (complete with Gundam restriction).

bread's done
Back