Ant Bully
Rampage
Ice Age 2
Happy Feet
Open Season
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Free game must equal 49.99 less in value. Expires 7th August 2007

In classic fashion they elimate any way possible in which this deal may be profitable, but its not that bad I guess if you have som older junk that doesnt trade in for as much anymore

Trade 2 PS3 games get one free

Exclusions are
2007 and older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire

Offer good on games 59.99 or less. Expires 7th August 2007.

Again not great but if you hav some old crap then why not?

[quote name='bearcatjosh']If it expires on July 8th, then it is useless to me. I wanted Strikers! :bomb:[/quote]I know people were able to do preorders before, but I may call over today and see if they are applicable. The alternative is waiting until the 8th, doing the deal for another $50 game, and returning/exchanging it when Strikers comes out less than 30 days later.

The last time this was done, I was able to pre-order Pokemon Battle Revolution. So I'm pretty sure you can do it with this one as well.

[quote name='botticus']I know people were able to do preorders before, but I may call over today and see if they are applicable. The alternative is waiting until the 8th, doing the deal for another $50 game, and returning/exchanging it when Strikers comes out less than 30 days later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unlike the YMMV mess that is the GC trade-in deal, I feel pretty confidant that you can use this deal on a preorder. I think I'll be taking Super Swing Golf and Cars in for a Strikers preorder this evening.

I have the flier right here - definitely says expires July 8th. Oh, and "No Dealers" :lol:

I'm just hoping I get the Edge card bump in addition to the free game. That was YMMV last time but if I can get that then it means more credit than I would have gotten from GC with their deal, which would be nice.

Which flier is this in? Neither I nor the employee could find it anywhere. But regardless, "last time [when I was trying to get SPM], we could only get it to work on in-stock items." A second store agreed. Which means I would have to order from Amazon, hope that they could get it to work at all on an in-stock game, then exchange the game three weeks later for Strkers. So all in all, a bit too much work for $10-$14 now. Maybe if some games show up in a store that I have the chance to return to, I'll give it a shot.

I don't know what to tell you - there was a stack of fliers at the store I went to yesterday. They have all 4 of the current deals - the Wii, PS3, extra $20 for 3 360 games, and extra 20% trade-in credit for preordering Halo 3, Madden 08 and NCAA Football 08 deals. All exclusions, end dates, everything are on them. This flier is one sheet and is JUST for the deals - so it isn't hard to miss if they have it (it's not some little corner of the regular weekly flier like with the GC deals).

As for what you can get with it, it just says "Trade 2 Wii Games and get 1 Wii Game Free!". In the fine print are all the exclusions and "Offer valid of games priced $49.99 or less". And yes, I typed that in correctly ;).

Just like last time, I'm hoping they will be able to do a preorder on it. There wasn't any restriction in the computer since they manually bumped the prices up anyway which they can do at any time. Perhaps this time it is a barcode tied strictly to a game purchase? I dunno - I'll give it a shot tonight and let you know. But they are sure wrong about "last time" - there was nothing to stop them from giving you a preorder on the last deal beyond stubbornness or incompetance ;).

The stores by me had a small, cardboard stand for their front desks informing people of the trades (some of them actually HIDING them behind other stuff).

Yeah, I figured it was a small flier, all they had lying around was the huge "GameStop goes to the movies" and the thick trade guide. I really only want it so I have something that shows the restrictions so I don't get screwed over later.

I was definitely able to trade-in for a preorder on SPM last time. I'm considering trading Monkey Ball and Red Steel for Strikers.

[quote name='botticus']Yeah, I figured it was a small flier, all they had lying around was the huge "GameStop goes to the movies" and the thick trade guide. I really only want it so I have something that shows the restrictions so I don't get screwed over later.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy!

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']I was definitely able to trade-in for a preorder on SPM last time. I'm considering trading Monkey Ball and Red Steel for Strikers.[/quote]Its definitely doable, unfortunately by the time these guys realized that all they could do was manually adjust the trade-in value of each, they claimed it worked because SPM was finally in-stock. Which is what I'm sure will happen this time as well. But we'll see.

Thanks for the scan, io!

I hope that we'll see some worthy Wii games to trade-in that get around those exceptions. The DOTD Tamagotchi might be a good start.

I have DBZ Budokai Tenkiachi 2 and Call of Duty 3 that I don't want. Would it be more profitable to trade both in for one game, or to trade them in separately?

[quote name='Blade']I have DBZ Budokai Tenkiachi 2 and Call of Duty 3 that I don't want. Would it be more profitable to trade both in for one game, or to trade them in separately?[/quote]

well if you were going to trade them to EB it would prob be better to trade them in towards the one wii game deal. That way you get $25.00 for each game instead of like $12 or $15 you normall would get for those games now.

Well, as expected, it will be YMMV on whether you can do a preorder. At first I was shot down, but then the second associate said it's OK if the game comes out during the promo period (which ends July 7th). Thanks to my holding the preorder binder upside down (from their perspective) the first clerk said Mario Strikers would work because it comes out July 3rd :rofl:.

Of course, it comes out July 30th!

So, anyway, they adjusted the games to $25 and I got my preorder. Only downside is they refused to scan my Edge card so I didn't get the extra $5 I might have otherwise gotten. I know another store that I probably could have done this at, but it was a much further drive. This store is an easy place for me to pickup the game so that's OK.

Plus I was glad I did it as afterwards I went to Gamecrazy where the same two games would have gotten me $52.50 with their trade-in deal. Problem is, there they make you buy a new game right away and there was nothing I wanted, so the preorder is better.

So, clearly, it is physically possible for them to put in a preorder for you (even if it comes out after the promo period) but they may simply refuse to do so.

Edit - OH, I forgot one important bit of info. They got an email saying that Resident Evil 4 has been added to the exclusion list. I'm not really sure WHY, but that's the deal. I mean, sure, it retails for $30 and they'd have to give $25 for it during the promo, which is what they would sell it for. But on the other hand, you'd think they wouldn't mind getting used stock for that game so early on as it would surely sell (along with Edge memberships and other things that would make them money). But as it was, the two games I traded only got $13 or so before the bump so they gave me a lot of extra credit with the non-excluded games too!

I was also able to pick up another Arcade Unplugged for trading to GC, so it was a productive trip.

Does CC have any $29.99 Wii games that aren't excluded?

If you could find 2 stores that'll take that $20 off $20 coupon....you'd have a new game for $19.98+tax

is the deal straight up 2 for 1? last time they tried to make me pay taxes but i just went to diff stores till i got around that. any help is osome

too bad this isn't good on 360 games as CC is having a 360 clearance on certain games, PS3 and Wii is just too new so you end up getting ripped off for this kind of deal!

Just traded in Avatar and Meet the Robinsons for the Wii for Scarface. I brought the games at CC on my way to Gamestop. I was scared that they were going to give me a used game for my mint conditioned Wii games in which I had only purchase a half and ago but they give me a new copy of Scarface for the Wii. I have a couple more copies of the games so I am going back to trade for more Wii games. I am curious if they will allow me to trade for two copies of the same game such as two Meet the Robinsons. I'll find out soon.

KingCrow02, that's why you ALWAYS tell them "No, I want an UNOPENED copy" if you see them reaching for those opened copies of their's. Even if they say they're new, there's always the chance an employee took it home to play it to test it out.

They won't accept two of the same game, though. It's gotta be two different games.

[quote name='Tsukento']KingCrow02, that's why you ALWAYS tell them "No, I want an UNOPENED copy" if you see them reaching for those opened copies of their's. Even if they say they're new, there's always the chance an employee took it home to play it to test it out.

They won't accept two of the same game, though. It's gotta be two different games.[/quote]

What's it matter as long as the game isn't scratched/plays fine? You're going to open it anyways, no?

[quote name='scarab007']What's it matter as long as the game isn't scratched/plays fine? You're going to open it anyways, no?[/quote]It's real simple.

They're charging you full retail price for a non-sealed copy of a game. Which, as most people define it, is a used game. They're not deducting the $5 from the price as they would a used game, so why should I be paying the full price for a copy that I didn't crack open myself?

Well I just got back from GS. I traded in Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam and Chicken Little: Ace in Action for a fully paid preorder of Super Mario Strikers. I had no problem trading in for the preorder. The employee actually said "good choice" and then mentioned how he liked the gamecube version. He even went on to talk about SSB:Brawl and how Zelda was now a confirmed character (new info to me). I may be one of the few people that actually likes GS due to my good experiences.

My local EB is no longer taking RE4, avatar, or meet the robinsons.....

are there any other $29.99 or cheaper games I could pair with the tony hawk I already have for trading?

[quote name='SoccerEBA3']My local EB is no longer taking RE4, avatar, or meet the robinsons.....

are there any other $29.99 or cheaper games I could pair with the tony hawk I already have for trading?[/QUOTE]

Wow they caught on fast.

[quote name='SoccerEBA3']My local EB is no longer taking RE4, avatar, or meet the robinsons.....

are there any other $29.99 or cheaper games I could pair with the tony hawk I already have for trading?[/quote]RE4 makes sense, but the others don't. They still sell them for $29.99 used and other than CC, everyone's still selling it for MSRP. If that's actually widespread, they may as well just restrict this deal to "games that you bought for $50 and can prove with a receipt."

I suppose I'll have to get around to trying this sooner rather than later or my Avatar and Robinsons are going back to CC.

Has anyone try to trade for the new Pokemon Wii game? My local stores are lame they are telling me there is no trade two Wii games for one offer going on. Has anyone been rejected? Best I bring a print out with me when I trade.

Went to my local gamestop today and tried to trade in Tony Hawk Downhill Jam Wii [from the Costco Sale awhile back] and Avatar [from $16.96 CC]. He said that it should be ok but after scanning Avatar, he then told me Avatar is excluded..

And the individual pricing was $8.00 for Avatar and $10.00 for Tony Hawk..

My trip in not a total loss; I did manage to pre-order Phoenix Wright 3 for the DS.

[quote name='botticus']RE4 makes sense, but the others don't. They still sell them for $29.99 used and other than CC, everyone's still selling it for MSRP. If that's actually widespread, they may as well just restrict this deal to "games that you bought for $50 and can prove with a receipt."

I suppose I'll have to get around to trying this sooner rather than later or my Avatar and Robinsons are going back to CC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, let me know how it goes. We need to know if this is company-wide or just specific stores. I still have a set to trade (did one set on Sunday with no problem).

I just traded in Meet the Robinsons and Avatar today with no problem. Maybe only some stores are excluding those titles?

KingCrow02--I just traded two wii games today for PBR without any hassle. Try bringing the ad into the store and do the trade. I'm surprised your stores don't know about this..

I went with a friend at lunch today and we both took advantage of this one on the PS3 side. I traded Full Auto 2 & NBA Street Homecourt, he trade Full Auto 2 & Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I picked up the new Harry Potter game, and he got a preorder on Lair with no problems. Best part was, we didn't even have to pay tax! :)

Did the prices on these deals adjust automatically?

If so, I'd probably say the deal is dead for Avatar and Robinsons. Both of them wouldnt ring up and I thought I was boned, but the clerk was nice and she read the exclusions and just manually adjusted them and I got Paper Mario.

[quote name='evophile']Did the prices on these deals adjust automatically?

If so, I'd probably say the deal is dead for Avatar and Robinsons. Both of them wouldnt ring up and I thought I was boned, but the clerk was nice and she read the exclusions and just manually adjusted them and I got Paper Mario.[/quote]Few things are automatic with EB, and this is not one of them.

I know the RE4 restriction came in an email to all stores. Do we know this about MtR and Avatar, or is this just a local thing? I'm guessing we don't know for sure yet ;). I'd call a store here to check but I just know they would just list the exclusions off the flyer and THEN when I went in to trade those games find out they aren't supposed to take them and reject them. And since that would piss me off to no end, I don't even want to call :lol:.

[quote name='io']I know the RE4 restriction came in an email to all stores. Do we know this about MtR and Avatar, or is this just a local thing? I'm guessing we don't know for sure yet ;). I'd call a store here to check but I just know they would just list the exclusions off the flyer and THEN when I went in to trade those games find out they aren't supposed to take them and reject them. And since that would piss me off to no end, I don't even want to call :lol:.[/QUOTE]

You should actually be able to work this to your advantage. Call up, ask what games are excluded. Chances are they won't mention Avatar or MtR. Get the employee's name when he/she answers the phone. Go into the store later, and if they try to exclude Avatar or MtR, say, "I spoke with [whomever] just fifteen minutes ago, and he didn't mention either of these games as being excluded." You should get an override then. If not, letter to corporate, followed by giftcard.

[quote name='billg']You should actually be able to work this to your advantage. Call up, ask what games are excluded. Chances are they won't mention Avatar or MtR. Get the employee's name when he/she answers the phone. Go into the store later, and if they try to exclude Avatar or MtR, say, "I spoke with [whomever] just fifteen minutes ago, and he didn't mention either of these games as being excluded." You should get an override then. If not, letter to corporate, followed by giftcard.[/QUOTE]

I tried this last time with Far Cry and Open Season, and they told me a million times that the employee just made a mistake.

Had no problems today trading in Cars + Avatar for a new/sealed Pokemon.

They had to manually up the price of the trade-ins to cover the purchase price + tax.

I spoke with a another store on Sunday and asked if I could do the deal towards a pre-order. His eyes lit up like he had never even considered the idea (it was clear he had not). He kept saying "that makes sense, that's a great idea". He called 3 other stores and none of them had any clue if you could do this or not. Eventually he called their regional / district manager (whatever you call it) and they said that you could not apply this to a pre-order.

So after he got off the phone I then asked what If I traded it towards a new/sealed game now, walked out the door, and then back in and returned the game for store credit. Again he looked at me like the thought had never occured to me and said "that will work".

^lol, that was funny.

I went to CC and got the last copy of MTR and Avatar today; I traded them at GS for Scarface. :cool:

Yesterday, I did a MtR + Avatar combo for Mario Party 8 and owed $3.25 for tax. Today I went to a different store with the same combo for PBR, and they said they owed me 1 cent. I gave them my Edge card and wound up with $5.01 credit thanks to the 10% trade-in bonus. One of these stores is doing something wrong, but I don't care enough to...care.

Arrgh, guess I'll try again with another Gamestop and see if they'll accept Tony Hawk:Downhill Jam and Avatar..

Yesterday I traded in MtR and Avatar for Mario Party 8 and they did not charge me tax so I ended up with a $1.78 or so in store credit. I guess every store is different.

bread's done
Back