Ant Bully
Rampage
Ice Age 2
Happy Feet
Open Season
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Free game must equal 49.99 less in value. Expires 7th August 2007

In classic fashion they elimate any way possible in which this deal may be profitable, but its not that bad I guess if you have som older junk that doesnt trade in for as much anymore

Trade 2 PS3 games get one free

Exclusions are
2007 and older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire

Offer good on games 59.99 or less. Expires 7th August 2007.

Again not great but if you hav some old crap then why not?

[quote name='monkeydeew']i wish there was something i could do about gs employees that lie to my face besides cancel preorders & not shopping there[/quote]You could call corporate and bitch about it to have a small chance of something happening, I just don't do that since usually I'm walking a thin line with their deals as it is.

[quote name='botticus']You could call corporate and bitch about it to have a small chance of something happening, I just don't do that since usually I'm walking a thin line with their deals as it is.[/quote]

me2

[quote name='botticus']I went back and returned Excite Truck, put it towards Mario Strikers. The employee hesitated seeing the trade-in, but luckily the manager was wandering out the door and ignored the quiet "Hey," so he went ahead and did the exchange.[/QUOTE]

Eep...I hope I'm not stuck with Mario Party 8 at the end of this.

[quote name='seanr1221']Eep...I hope I'm not stuck with Mario Party 8 at the end of this.[/quote]

if you put it all on a preorder i think youll be cool. if they officially ban mtr & ava then id worry about it. just do it asap

I wanted the Bigs, but I can buy it @ Target since they are offering a $10 gift card.

Traded away Excite Truck + Red Steel for Harry Potter...pretty good game actually.

[quote name='botticus']Nothing is automatic for this promo, so they're lying if they tell you that. I could trade in Madden 02 and Powerdrome for the PS2, and they could give me a Wii game if they wanted to (unless manager approval is needed to boost trade values by a certain amount, which has nothing to do with this deal specifically).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. I went to my favorite EB but there was a new guy there all by himself. He looked in a book for the promo, saw there was no code, and said, "guess I have to adjust them manually". 1 minute later my MtR and Avatar were traded in for (another) Mario & Sonic At the Olympics preorder. Easy as pie. I doubt these guys who say "it doesn't work" are lying - they are just probably ignorant. Maybe they figure it should happen automatically or something. Avatar has a normal trade value of $8 by the way and it didn't require any trickery on his part to adjust it.

Anyway, no problem with those 2 games late Thursday night, and I got an instant A-OK on using them for a preorder at this store. I also picked up a seald Yggdra Union to boot, and another Arcade Unplugged for trading to Gamecrazy. All in all it was a very successful trip ;).

Will BB match CCs price for MtR and Avatar? If so, can I buy MtR and Avatar now, trade them in at EB/GS for my free Wii Game and then return to BB next week once the CC 25% off clearance games sale is in effect and get BB to give me the 25% off?

I'm curious because I have BB gift cards to spend.

I think they will match clearance prices if you bring a competitor's ad with you.

[quote name='EXStrike']I don't think BB will match clearance prices.[/quote]

Well, traded in Rayman and Metal Slug and was able to pre-order Mario Strikers no sweat. Of course, I'm not sure if I should exchange the pre-order for The Godfather or Harry Potter, or just wait for Mario Strikers.

I got shot down again for trying to make it a pre-order. Damn you guys. Picked up Pokemon Battle Revolution instead. ~$25 after its all said and done for it is not that bad.

[quote name='EXStrike']I got shot down again for trying to make it a pre-order. Damn you guys. Picked up Pokemon Battle Revolution instead. ~$25 after its all said and done for it is not that bad.[/QUOTE]

Man, that sucks. But as has been pointed out before, just wait a week and then return it - you'll get $49.99 in credit back which you can then put on a preorder. It helps if you tell them that right off the bat (that you want to preorder). Just say you read the rather mediocre reviews (true) of Pokemon and want to preorder something like Metroid, which you *know* will be solid.

I've got a funny story for you about this

I'm new to Gamestops - there are none in my homewtown so I've never dealt with them. But I've been able to use the internet long enough to know that they aren't the sharpest knifes in the drawer. But I'm at an internship in another state now (which just so happens to have a Gamestop on every street corner almost!)

So I go to CC to get Avatar and MtR for 16.96 which I will price correct next week for the 25% (I freaking love this site!) The cashier starts asking me if I like Japanese animation and why is everyone freaking out about (I should have told him flat out why I was buying it but I'm too nice lol)

So I drive across the street to the mall with 2 Gamestops in it (random?) open the games and walk in. I grab Big Brain Academy and head to the counter. He starts the trade and when I say I want the 2 for 1 Wii game he stares at me and calls his manager (here's the kicker HE'S A MANAGER ALSO!!!!) So he screws around for a bit, asks for my ID, insults the name of my hometown over and over, stops and helps 15 other customers because he can't figure out how to do the trade.

Bout 20 minutes later his other manager finally comes back from lunch (at 3:00...?), insults my hometown again, and then the other manager pretty much mocks the one I was dealing with because he didn't know he had to price adjust for the trade.

I think the all-time kicker is the manager's excuse was "It's a new deal and I haven't worked enough hours to learn about it."

So does GS not train it's managers about new promotions? I used to work for Blockbuster and we got about 20 e-mails a day about new promotions we had to read about.

So my first GS experience has allowed my membership into the GS Employees are Idiots club lol

i was able to trade in avatar and red steel (fye would not take it because of a ring around the disk) for paper mario. I tried pre-ordering super smash brother brawl but they did not have a bar code yet. I should have tried metroid but i spaced out. I'm taking it back within 30 days to pre order something.

[quote name='shrike4242']Anyone managed to do a Avatar + Happy Feet combo? My home CC didn't have any MtR's, though had one Avatar and numerous Happy Feet.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Happy Feet is excluded. Says so in the OP anyway.

[quote name='CombatCraig']I've got a funny story for you about this

I'm new to Gamestops - there are none in my homewtown so I've never dealt with them. But I've been able to use the internet long enough to know that they aren't the sharpest knifes in the drawer. But I'm at an internship in another state now (which just so happens to have a Gamestop on every street corner almost!)

So I go to CC to get Avatar and MtR for 16.96 which I will price correct next week for the 25% (I freaking love this site!) The cashier starts asking me if I like Japanese animation and why is everyone freaking out about (I should have told him flat out why I was buying it but I'm too nice lol)

So I drive across the street to the mall with 2 Gamestops in it (random?) open the games and walk in. I grab Big Brain Academy and head to the counter. He starts the trade and when I say I want the 2 for 1 Wii game he stares at me and calls his manager (here's the kicker HE'S A MANAGER ALSO!!!!) So he screws around for a bit, asks for my ID, insults the name of my hometown over and over, stops and helps 15 other customers because he can't figure out how to do the trade.

Bout 20 minutes later his other manager finally comes back from lunch (at 3:00...?), insults my hometown again, and then the other manager pretty much mocks the one I was dealing with because he didn't know he had to price adjust for the trade.

I think the all-time kicker is the manager's excuse was "It's a new deal and I haven't worked enough hours to learn about it."

So does GS not train it's managers about new promotions? I used to work for Blockbuster and we got about 20 e-mails a day about new promotions we had to read about.

So my first GS experience has allowed my membership into the GS Employees are Idiots club lol[/quote]

i had the same thing happen to me. in all i waited an hour before he called another store. he didnt know that you had to do it manually, i tried to tell him what to do but the manager wouldnt listen.

i shop at my ebgames but lately the new hires are giving me attitude, saying oh your here again

[quote name='billg']I'm pretty sure Happy Feet is excluded. Says so in the OP anyway.[/quote]
So it does. I skimmed the OP and thought I didn't see it there. Appears I was wrong.

Guess I'll try the next closer CC to see if they have Avatar + MtR, and check with the GS nearby and see if they're excluding MtR.

Reserved myself Mario and Snoic Olympics (to move too SSBB), Metroid, Bought Super Paper Mario, Reserved Strikers,, Bought Mario Party 8 and reserved Madden 08 for 360 with this deal today. The reason I got Madden is because I had already put 10 bucks on the reservation for it and I talked the manager of a EB Games into lettine me do that. He is actually a preatty cool guy. SO all in all 6 sets of MtR and Avatar. My Gamestop is run by stoners so the 5 sets of MtR and Avatar I traded in were done without a problem. Then as I metnioned earlier, I went to another EB Games and reserved 08.

Guys, I need some advice...I plan on seeing what's left at CC tomorrow. I hear some of you have had trouble getting GS/EB to take MtR or Avatar...do you think I can hand the two of them over still-sealed? I'm afraid to unwrap them and have my trade get shot down...'cause then I can't return them. Thoughts?

Also, it's confirmed I can't do two of the same game, right?

You're gonna have to open them. Avatar and MtR are not on the restriction list, so you should be fine. There are more problems with trying to use the free game on a preorder.

Two of the same game is YMMV and most likely won't work at all.

I didn't open either game (avatar, mtr)

Kept them sealed and with the CC sticker to boot.

Got my game free, no tax.

[quote name='Tsukento']It's the 8th. The deal ends 07/08/07, which is July 08, 2007.[/QUOTE]

Ok, cool.

I looked at OP's post again and it says deal ends 7th of August. Man, this is confusing.:lol:

Found 2 pair of MtR & Avatar at my local CCs. Traded one pair in and got SPM, for future return, no problems. But the other pair (traded for Big Brain Academy) I noticed that the guy changed the price of the title to $18 to match the trade-in total. Figured that's going to cramp my chances of trying to return it for a pre-order. Guess I'll go in and try and swap it for a title they don't have in stock atm, and then request the $50 + tax on a GC to go get it at a different store...

[quote name='Starky27']But the other pair (traded for Big Brain Academy) I noticed that the guy changed the price of the title to $18 to match the trade-in total. Figured that's going to cramp my chances of trying to return it for a pre-order. Guess I'll go in and try and swap it for a title they don't have in stock atm, and then request the $50 + tax on a GC to go get it at a different store...[/QUOTE]

yea the same happen to me today. I dunno what to do now b/c this guy is really by-the-book type person

[quote name='H-Town Info']yea the same happen to me today. I dunno what to do now b/c this guy is really by-the-book type person[/quote]Ask to exchange it for another game before the promo ends so there's no confusion there. They'll probably have to do something goofy when processing the return, but if you're doing an equal exchange, they should make it work for you. Hopefully at that point you have a receipt that shows you paid $50 for a game.

[quote name='botticus']Ask to exchange it for another game before the promo ends so there's no confusion there. They'll probably have to do something goofy when processing the return, but if you're doing an equal exchange, they should make it work for you. Hopefully at that point you have a receipt that shows you paid $50 for a game.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm hoping for. I figure if I get the manager I normally deal with tomorrow, I can just get him to return it for a full reserve on Metroid 3.

I must have got lucky... I see some of you saying Happy Feet was excluded, but my GS took it and Ice Age 2... picked up Heatseeker... hubby was interested in it, and they didn't have anything I really wanted. I didn't even think about returning the game for credit later... duh :lol:

Anyone know if Best Buy with price match CC? There is no CC around me, or even this state period. Or is there anywhere else to go t get a cheap Wii game to trade in? I already have CoD3 ready to trade so I need one more game. Any ideas?

I went out to my local CC and bought 2 MTR and 1 Avatar. I noticed that TMNT was only 13.49 at GameCrazy so I bought that and traded in at 2 different GS for Big Brain and Paper Mario. Thanks CAG!!

[quote name='noone13']Anyone know if Best Buy with price match CC? There is no CC around me, or even this state period. Or is there anywhere else to go t get a cheap Wii game to trade in? I already have CoD3 ready to trade so I need one more game. Any ideas?[/quote]

Best Buy does price match. Just show them proof of the price from another store/retailer. [Newspaper Ad, Printout of Webpage..etc]

[quote name='noone13']Anyone know if Best Buy with price match CC? There is no CC around me, or even this state period. Or is there anywhere else to go t get a cheap Wii game to trade in? I already have CoD3 ready to trade so I need one more game. Any ideas?[/quote]

Clearance prices don't get matched, especially if there aren't specific titles listed in the ads.

[quote name='PleasantOne']I must have got lucky... I see some of you saying Happy Feet was excluded, but my GS took it and Ice Age 2... picked up Heatseeker... hubby was interested in it, and they didn't have anything I really wanted. I didn't even think about returning the game for credit later... duh :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ice Age 2 is also excluded. Not sure how you pulled that off - they are specifically excluded on the fliers and those are the first things they read when I do the deal ;).

I was able to take a Meet The Robinsons and Avatar in for a preorder today at a store that didn't let me preorder last time. As always, a different employee will net you a different result. It also might have helped that I went in 1 minute before closing and I think the guy just wanted to get rid of me ;).

quanex - That is a BRILLIANT idea. I knew about the price drop at GC but completely failed to make the connection. I'd much rather get a used Wii copy (or even a new one for $20) and use that over the CC games. Thanks to the 50% trade-in bonus deal at GC I have tons of credit there - wouldn't mind transferring some of that over to EB preorders...

I picked up 2 more Avatars and another 2 MtR. Traded in for Mario Party 8 and a Wii Play... Do you guys think I could hold onto one of these unopened then exchange it when Mario Strikers comes out?

Dammit, I've been way too busy to go and see if my CC has any copies of MtR or Avatar. I know I saw them on Saturday but I haven't been able to go on Sunday or yesterday so I'm pretty pissed.

anyone traded the same games into the same gs twice? i only did it once at each store, do you think i would get in trouble?

I traded in mtr and avetar again and the manager would not let me reserve so I got another paper mario since these will not drop in price and will hopefully trade it for another game within 30 days

lol.... I love how they singled out gundam crossfire.

I wish I had 1 other game to do this deal with other than marvel ultimate alliance... Maybe motorstorm. I'm pretty sure I want to keep resistance and VF5

i just tryed to trade 2 wii games and put it towards RE umbrealla Chonicles and they said they cant do that the game has to be instore. I couldnt put it towards a preorder. I wasnt to happy about that.

[quote name='Ribbercage']i just tryed to trade 2 wii games and put it towards RE umbrealla Chonicles and they said they cant do that the game has to be instore. I couldnt put it towards a preorder. I wasnt to happy about that.[/QUOTE]

As stated before in this thread, just get something new like Super Paper Mario and come back in a few days and return it and say you want to preorder something and pay it in full with the credit. They are always pestering people for preorders so it should make them happy ;). That's why I'm surprised they don't all allow preorders - it helps their numbers yet they refuse to do it at some places. I think some of them honestly think it "doesn't work" unless it is a new (in stock) game. Of course, there is nothing to "work" anyway since it is all done with manual overrides (unlike, say, using a barcode for the promo that might require a new game purchase on the same transaction).

bread's done
Back