Ant Bully
Rampage
Ice Age 2
Happy Feet
Open Season
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Free game must equal 49.99 less in value. Expires 7th August 2007

In classic fashion they elimate any way possible in which this deal may be profitable, but its not that bad I guess if you have som older junk that doesnt trade in for as much anymore

Trade 2 PS3 games get one free

Exclusions are
2007 and older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire

Offer good on games 59.99 or less. Expires 7th August 2007.

Again not great but if you hav some old crap then why not?

[quote name='io']As stated before in this thread, just get something new like Super Paper Mario and come back in a few days and return it and say you want to preorder something and pay it in full with the credit. They are always pestering people for preorders so it should make them happy ;). That's why I'm surprised they don't all allow preorders - it helps their numbers yet they refuse to do it at some places. I think some of them honestly think it "doesn't work" unless it is a new (in stock) game. Of course, there is nothing to "work" anyway since it is all done with manual overrides (unlike, say, using a barcode for the promo that might require a new game purchase on the same transaction).[/QUOTE]

I'm seriously thinking about going back to CC and getting another Avatar/MtR combo and trading in for some random game just to return for a Strikers pre-order

Here's my question: I want to wait until the 25% off clearance at CC. If the GS sale ends 7/8 does that mean they will be doing no more trades on 7/8 OR does it mean no more trades starting 7/9?

Dumb question I know but I don't know how GS works. If the former is true - what are the odds CC will PM 2 separate receipts of the same item lol? Could I go back 2 different times with each receipt and it will work?

Thanks CAG's

[quote name='CombatCraig']I'm seriously thinking about going back to CC and getting another Avatar/MtR combo and trading in for some random game just to return for a Strikers pre-order

Here's my question: I want to wait until the 25% off clearance at CC. If the GS sale ends 7/8 does that mean they will be doing no more trades on 7/8 OR does it mean no more trades starting 7/9?

Dumb question I know but I don't know how GS works. If the former is true - what are the odds CC will PM 2 separate receipts of the same item lol? Could I go back 2 different times with each receipt and it will work?

Thanks CAG's[/quote]Just take both reciepts and PM them at the same time. It's their job.

[quote name='dallow']Just take both reciepts and PM them at the same time. It's their job.[/QUOTE]

They stinkin better! lol Now I just have to make sure they still have Avatar/MtR. Supplies we're runnin low last time I was there. Must be some CAG's in the area I didn't know about! :applause:

[quote name='CombatCraig']I'm seriously thinking about going back to CC and getting another Avatar/MtR combo and trading in for some random game just to return for a Strikers pre-order

Thanks CAG's[/QUOTE]

The promo should be good on July 8th, but I wouldn't wait if I were you. They could always add those games to the exclusion list before then.

I've got way more than 2 receipts to adjust at CC ;). In addition to about 4 copies each of MtR and Avatar (and I never bought more than 1 pair at once, so lots of receipts there) I have Just Cause, DDRU and DOAX2 I traded to GC, plus my own copy of Virtua Tennis 3. I don't plan on bringing them all in at once, but I'll probably do, like, 3 at one store, then 3 at another store later.

[quote name='io']The promo should be good on July 8th, but I wouldn't wait if I were you. They could always add those games to the exclusion list before then.

I've got way more than 2 receipts to adjust at CC ;). In addition to about 4 copies each of MtR and Avatar (and I never bought more than 1 pair at once, so lots of receipts there) I have Just Cause, DDRU and DOAX2 I traded to GC, plus my own copy of Virtua Tennis 3. I don't plan on bringing them all in at once, but I'll probably do, like, 3 at one store, then 3 at another store later.[/QUOTE]

I get my hopes all up and call CC to see if they have Avatar/MtR but all out! :bomb:

I'lll still check after work sometime this week, maybe a restock? :cry:

[quote name='io']As stated before in this thread, just get something new like Super Paper Mario and come back in a few days and return it and say you want to preorder something and pay it in full with the credit. [/quote]
How does this work when GS gives you an opened "new" game? I've done the Avatar/MtR deal twice now, netting Harry Potter and the Godfather, and in both cases the employee (nice enough fellow) grabs some discs from behind the counter and tucks them into an opened game case with a "NEW" sticker.

I don't mean for y'all to help explain their corporate policy, but in your collective experience will they accept a returned "new" game that came to me opened? Barring that, should I insist on an unopened copy?

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']How does this work when GS gives you an opened "new" game? I've done the Avatar/MtR deal twice now, netting Harry Potter and the Godfather, and in both cases the employee (nice enough fellow) grabs some discs from behind the counter and tucks them into an opened game case with a "NEW" sticker.

I don't mean for y'all to help explain their corporate policy, but in your collective experience will they accept a returned "new" game that came to me opened? Barring that, should I insist on an unopened copy?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that may be tricky - YMMV on being able to return it but it probably helps if you do that as soon as possible so it doesn't appear you may have tried to get a free rental out of it. They are supposed to seal those games either with cheapo shrink wrap or at least with a sticker (at least the old EB Games did this - it may not be GS policy any more). That way you have the ability to return them. But of course, they don't really WANT you to return them so they would often "forget" this detail (even at the old EB Games). I would just insist on a sealed copy. If they don't have one for a particular game, ask for a different game.

[quote name='io']Yeah, that may be tricky - YMMV on being able to return it but it probably helps if you do that as soon as possible so it doesn't appear you may have tried to get a free rental out of it. They are supposed to seal those games either with cheapo shrink wrap or at least with a sticker (at least the old EB Games did this - it may not be GS policy any more). That way you have the ability to return them. But of course, they don't really WANT you to return them so they would often "forget" this detail (even at the old EB Games). I would just insist on a sealed copy. If they don't have one for a particular game, ask for a different game.[/quote]GS put that crappy sticker on my Etrian Odyssey last week, so that should allow returns for gutted games.

Got another pair of Avatar and MtR today, going to attempt to trade it in for a preorder tomorrow (if they're open, otherwise Thursday), but I'm not holding my breath.

I just scored two copies of Avatar and MtR!!!:D

I got the last two of each at my CC. The girl who rung me up asked why I ask buying them and I just said for presents. She then told me that another guy came in earlier and also grabbed two copies of each game and wondered if that guy was also buying them as gifts.

So to whichever CAG (hopefully) left those for someone else, THANK YOU!:applause:

Now the question is... do I wait to do the trade in or do it now? I don't wanna do this until I PM them. It's a difference of ~$20 after tax so I don't wanna risk it.

[quote name='botticus']Ask to exchange it for another game before the promo ends so there's no confusion there. They'll probably have to do something goofy when processing the return, but if you're doing an equal exchange, they should make it work for you. Hopefully at that point you have a receipt that shows you paid $50 for a game.[/QUOTE]

gracias, it worked and i got a pre-order paid off on metroid 3

[quote name='Vinny']Now the question is... do I wait to do the trade in or do it now? I don't wanna do this until I PM them. It's a difference of ~$20 after tax so I don't wanna risk it.[/quote]

dont be scrrd do it now b4 gs catches on playa

Went to local CC, they had 2 Avatars, and 4 MtR left.
Bought another pair, and got another SPM as they wouldn't let me get a preorder.
I'll go back and exchange SPM for a pre-order later.

My local store said that they hadn't heard that people couldn't do pre-orders, and they were going to keep doing it until someone told them not to. Nice guys.

[quote name='monkeydeew']dont be scrrd do it now b4 gs catches on playa[/QUOTE]

Good thing you told me that... because I think Avatar might've been added to the list of excluded games. The first GS I went to, it took a while but the clueless employee just manually adjusted it to work I think. I picked up Super Paper Mario there.

I then went to an EB and it didn't work. I gave up and went to a different EB, where it wouldn't work either but the guy called his manager and the manager said to do it since it wasn't on the exclusion list. I picked up Mario Party 8 there.

[quote name='Vinny']Good thing you told me that... because I think Avatar might've been added to the list of excluded games. The first GS I went to, it took a while but the clueless employee just manually adjusted it to work I think. I picked up Super Paper Mario there.

I then went to an EB and it didn't work. I gave up and went to a different EB, where it wouldn't work either but the guy called his manager and the manager said to do it since it wasn't on the exclusion list. I picked up Mario Party 8 there.[/quote]

as mentioned earlier (by io i think) nothing is automatic, either those gs employees are useless or just didnt want such large preorder bonuses on their record

They should be.

I remember some stores weren't allowing Open Season and Farcry when they dropped in the middle of an already going deal yet they weren't listed. However, some stores still went through with the deals.

[quote name='Tsukento']They should be.

I remember some stores weren't allowing Open Season and Farcry when they dropped in the middle of an already going deal yet they weren't listed. However, some stores still went through with the deals.[/QUOTE]

But that was different - a company-wide email went out adding those to the exclusion list and it was simply those stores that didn't read that or ignored it where it worked. So far we haven't heard of anything besides Resident Evil 4 officially being added to the list this time. It was just one or two stores CAGs reported on that excluded MtR and Avatar - probably just a manager's decision since maybe they got too many of them.

I'm thinking of doing a third pair...

Anyway, I got my second Paper Mario because they wouldn't let me do a pre-order.
Think I can trade that in for a new PS3 game and pay the difference?
If I can get a PS3 game, and pay the $10+ difference, mmmmm, I'd do this two more times.

(i actually tried to do that with the two wii games and they shot me down, had to try)

[quote name='dallow']I'm thinking of doing a third pair...

Anyway, I got my second Paper Mario because they wouldn't let me do a pre-order.
Think I can trade that in for a new PS3 game and pay the difference?
If I can get a PS3 game, and pay the $10+ difference, mmmmm, I'd do this two more times.

(i actually tried to do that with the two wii games and they shot me down, had to try)[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine once it's store credit, it's good for anything, but I'm not quite sure what shows up on the screen when I do a return a 2nd time.

Gosh darn it those inconsiderate, good for nothing hoarders officially got every copy of Avatar and MtR!!!! I shoulda gotten them when I had the chance

Now how will I ever flip those great games for a Strikers pre-order lol

[quote name='CombatCraig']Gosh darn it those inconsiderate, good for nothing hoarders officially got every copy of Avatar and MtR!!!! I shoulda gotten them when I had the chance

Now how will I ever flip those great games for a Strikers pre-order lol[/QUOTE]

Dang both games aren't even listed on the CC website anymore lol

I never even considered flipping Avatar and MtR for a PS3 game (after doing a return + paying the difference). If I have the time, I might look into it.

[quote name='monkeydeew']the huge elephants standing in the room

and please dont post what they are i like elephants and gs does not[/QUOTE]

......:drool: ?

[quote name='seanr1221']I never even considered flipping Avatar and MtR for a PS3 game (after doing a return + paying the difference). If I have the time, I might look into it.[/quote]
Don't think you can trade those in for a PS3 title. o_O Two Wii games for one Wii game, vice versa with PS3.

[quote name='Tsukento']Don't think you can trade those in for a PS3 title. o_O Two Wii games for one Wii game, vice versa with PS3.[/quote]Which is why I'll just trade my new Wii game, for a new PS3 game.

Since Enchanted Arms for the PS3 just dropped to $19.99 at EB, I wonder if you could just buy two copies of that and trade them in at a different store. Or the same store if the employees just didn't care.

Less hassle than needing to run to CC and buy two Wii games there, perhaps.

[quote name='dallow']Holy crap, it's 20 bucks? How do you know?

In for 3! (1 to play, 2 to trade)

EDIT: Found it.[/quote]http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=270069

Random excessive price drop. It'll probably be officially excluded pretty quick a la Far Cry and Open Season last time, though the promo only goes on for three more days. Too bad the used price hasn't dropped and/or there isn't another

[quote name='Tsukento']Don't think you can trade those in for a PS3 title. o_O Two Wii games for one Wii game, vice versa with PS3.[/quote]

But I bet you could get a Wii game, trade the new game back in for Store credit, and then get a PS3 game.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Question - the OP says it ends in August, though I've previously read it ends this wekeend. Which is correct?[/quote]Confirmed by multple CAGs who have gone in-store, it's this Sunday the 8th.

I believe the OP read it as Aug. 7 because 7/8/07 reads that way in Europe (and I'm sure other places, just an example). AFAIK, deal ends on the 8th, this Sunday.

It's actually cheaper for me to trade in the 2 Wii games, for a Wii game.
Come back, and trade that game for a PS3 game and pay the difference.

Rathern than trying to buy multiple Enchanted Arms and trading back.

Succesfully traded in Avatar and MtR for Cooking Mama. Unfortunately, I wanted to preorder Metroid Prime 3. Now, I've heard plenty say I should be able to return/exchange it and put it on a preorder...but I'm worried my receipt won't let me. It looks like it was rigged up to lower the price of the game. Any advice?

bread's done
Back