Ant Bully
Rampage
Ice Age 2
Happy Feet
Open Season
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Free game must equal 49.99 less in value. Expires 7th August 2007

In classic fashion they elimate any way possible in which this deal may be profitable, but its not that bad I guess if you have som older junk that doesnt trade in for as much anymore

Trade 2 PS3 games get one free

Exclusions are
2007 and older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire

Offer good on games 59.99 or less. Expires 7th August 2007.

Again not great but if you hav some old crap then why not?

[quote name='gobrink']Yesterday I traded in MtR and Avatar for Mario Party 8 and they did not charge me tax so I ended up with a $1.78 or so in store credit. I guess every store is different.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was able to trade in Avatar and MtR yesterday. Sounds like some stores are just being stubborn. If that's the case, try a different one nearby. Either a few stores are being lame, or a DM is being lame.

Traded MtR and Avatar.

Just gave them the 2 games, and walked out with Super Paper Mario.

There was no cash involved at all.

EDIT:

I was very upfront about it hehe.
They were sealed copies and I told him: "I just bought these at CC and want to trade for a new game."

He asked if I was sure and why not just return them to CC.
I said it was worthwhile to me this way since they only cost $17 each.
He said, 'Wow, nice deal, here's Paper Mario.'

Do you think they will allow two of the same games for PS3? I already own one Genji that came free with my ps3 and I can get another on eBay because they go for about $10-15 shipped.

I just called over to a local GS, and they read off the restrictions to me (same as in the OP), including RE4, and made no mention of Avatar and Robinsons, so I should be good to go after work.

[quote name='botticus']I just called over to a local GS, and they read off the restrictions to me (same as in the OP), including RE4, and made no mention of Avatar and Robinsons, so I should be good to go after work.[/quote]Still doesn't make any sense about why RE4 is restricted, unless you're right, and it's only for games that they're thinking you paid $50 for. :whistle2:s

[quote name='DiabloRoker']Do you think they will allow two of the same games for PS3? I already own one Genji that came free with my ps3 and I can get another on eBay because they go for about $10-15 shipped.[/quote] Yeah, should work fine. Give 'em a call to check though, but there's nothing in the restrictions about that.

[quote name='shrike4242']Still doesn't make any sense about why RE4 is restricted, unless you're right, and it's only for games that they're thinking you paid $50 for. :whistle2:s[/quote]Lately it seems that EB/GS is worried more about whether their customers are profitting than if they are. From what I've seen of EB/GS shoppers, they won't have too much trouble selling Meet the Robinsons to a mom with three kids at $29.99 used. So they make $5 off that transaction. Why they care if I get a new game for $34, I couldn't tell you.

Even with RE4, at worst they'll break even. Give you $25 credit, probably won't have much difficulty selling it for $25 used.

[quote name='botticus']

Even with RE4, at worst they'll break even. Give you $25 credit, probably won't have much difficulty selling it for $25 used.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. In fact, you'd think they would be keen to get used copies of this since it is a "hot" new titles and they wouldn't mind breaking even to do so. They'll sell them and probably some other games and Edge cards along with them.

As a semi-related example, I just witnessed some kid trade in 13 PS2 games to Gamecrazy and with the money from that (a whopping $34 before MVP) picked up an MVP membership and a used copy of Avatar for the PS2.

They listed off Chicken Shoot to me yesterday when I traded in two for Metroid Prime 3. Chicken Shoot isn't even out yet, but I'm guessing it's another $29.99 title.

Less than ideal, but oh well. Picked up Excite Truck when the manager nixed the almost-went-through Mario Strikers preorder. From what the manager was saying, someone up top is saying no to preorders, he can't really explain the logic behind it.

I'll just be returning it for credit next time I'm at another store.

:bouncy: :roll: :booty: at my comic book store where i work we sell games at much better prices you can sell resident evil 4 wii for us we will pay top dollar $$$ pm me for more info.... :) :D

I wish EB/GS would get things straight with all employees when it comes to deals like this. My experience:

Store #1: Traded Avatar & MtR for a Metriod pre-order. Clerk "wasn't sure" if pre-orders were allowed, "but I'll go ahead and do it anyway". Had to pay tax.

Store #2: Traded MtR & Tony Hawk for MP8. At first the clerk just rang them up as regular trades. When I mentioned the deal, he quickly shot a "I have no idea what's going on" look to his co-worker beside him. Finally got it rang up right. Didn't have to pay tax.

[quote name='Hockey37']I wish EB/GS would get things straight with all employees when it comes to deals like this. My experience:

Store #1: Traded Avatar & MtR for a Metriod pre-order. Clerk "wasn't sure" if pre-orders were allowed, "but I'll go ahead and do it anyway". Had to pay tax.

Store #2: Traded MtR & Tony Hawk for MP8. At first the clerk just rang them up as regular trades. When I mentioned the deal, he quickly shot a "I have no idea what's going on" look to his co-worker beside him. Finally got it rang up right. Didn't have to pay tax.[/quote]

Yeah, there's nothing quite like going to a store and being told one thing and then walking 50 steps across a mall to be told another. They must do a hell of a job of training for the managers to keep their employees informed so well.

I went to my local stores that I talked to yesterday who claim that there was no trade in deal. When I got there, there was a stack of flyers about the trade in deal and tags everywhere stating the offerr. I managed to get a new copy of Pokemon Battle Revolution and Super Paper Mario. I have one more set of trade-ins I might try to see if another store is clueless enough to give me a preorder for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. If not then I will hold out for Mario Strikers Charged. Just curious if EB/GS are taking preorders for Guitar Hero III, if they are someone can try to get a preorder for it.

[quote name='rcx4']Arrgh, guess I'll try again with another Gamestop and see if they'll accept Tony Hawk Downhill Jam and Avatar..[/quote]

As suggested by a CAGer, I called another store and asked for the restricted games, and then I asked if Tony Hawk and Avatar is ok, the employee said yes. I got his name [just in case].

An hour later I got Super Paper Mario.

*whew*

[quote name='KingCrow02']I went to my local stores that I talked to yesterday who claim that there was no trade in deal. When I got there, there was a stack of flyers about the trade in deal and tags everywhere stating the offerr. I managed to get a new copy of Pokemon Battle Revolution and Super Paper Mario. I have one more set of trade-ins I might try to see if another store is clueless enough to give me a preorder for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. If not then I will hold out for Mario Strikers Charged. Just curious if EB/GS are taking preorders for Guitar Hero III, if they are someone can try to get a preorder for it.[/quote]Only works for games $49.99 and less, good luck getting them to let you preorder a $90 GHIII in full ;)

Think I'm gonna go in tomorrow and exchange Excite Truck for Harry Potter, "forgetting" that it's out now. That will wipe the trades off my game receipt for a future return.

When I went to trade in my first set, the computer went down for a few minutes and the clerk wasn't able to add or subtract the amount for the trade in. He took out his cellphone but still wasn't able to calulate it. He was shy 5 cent and he owned it. So he put in 5 cent into the register and gave me the game. If any CAGer manages to get a preorder for GHIII for the Wii with this trade in offer, then we must award the CAGer a golden star or something.

[quote name='botticus']
Think I'm gonna go in tomorrow and exchange Excite Truck for Harry Potter, "forgetting" that it's out now. That will wipe the trades off my game receipt for a future return.[/quote]

lately (at least in my experience) they have been cracking down and only allowing 1 exchange.

i.e. i exchanged game x for game y, then when i tried to get game z in exchange for game y, they vetoed the deal and said i could only trade it in...

Traded in Avatar and Robinsons yesterday for a reserve on Res Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. I noticed that Boogie was $59.99 and Guitar Hero 3 was $89.99 on the pre-reserve list. I did another Avatar and Robinsons combo today and was able to reserve Boogie. I didn't want to push my luck on Guitar Hero 3 but maybe next time.

[quote name='KingCrow02']Has anyone been trade in to reserve Super Smash Bros: Brawl or Super Mario Galaxy?[/QUOTE]

I was told that there wasn't a UPC or code (as of yesterday) that they use to reserve for Brawl.

damn...cant seem to find a new copy of Mario Party 8 to get with my MTR and SMB...the last one i went to had 2 display copies and both had a scratch on them...

when i asked to see the disc first the kid looked at me like i had 3 heads and stated they are new in which i responded that i knew they were allowed to take them home and try them and also once its opened it is not new and sure enough they both had marks on them...i have no idea why they had 2 open copies

Is it safe to assume that all you guys have Metroid Prime 3 and SSBB pre-ordered already? Or am I missing something? Anyone have these ones locked up yet?

[quote name='Farny']Is it safe to assume that all you guys have Metroid Prime 3 and SSBB pre-ordered already? Or am I missing something? Anyone have these ones locked up yet?[/QUOTE]

Metroid yes, SSBB no. They do not have SSBB or Mario Galaxy in the system yet for preorder. Just preorder something that comes out in November like Mario & Sonic At the Olympics or NiGHTS and switch the preorder over to SSBB when it gets added to the system (probably once Nintendo announces a release date). I had been doing this already but the guy at EB on Sunday actually suggested I do this when I said I wanted a SSBB or Mario Galaxy preorder :lol:. He said it was no problem to switch it later.

I just think that's odd because it's gonna be at most 6 months for both to be released. I' m crossing my fingers, at least, but they definitely promised they'd both be here this year.

[quote name='Farny']I just think that's odd because it's gonna be at most 6 months for both to be released. I' m crossing my fingers, at least, but they definitely promised they'd both be here this year.[/QUOTE]

Well, Metroid has a firm release date from Nintendo - August 20th (just in time for a late birthday present for myself ;)). The other two (Mario Galaxy and SSBB - maybe that's what you were talking about) are *supposed* to come out late this year, but it is Nintendo after all... So, yeah, I'd lock up a Metroid preorder for sure with this deal if you can. I have one from the last trade 2 deal. I got Strikers so far with this one. I'm not sure what I'll do with my last set of games - maybe Battalion Wars 2 or NiGHTS.

I don't know if this is complete BS or not, but the reason I was given at an EB during the last trade deal for why they don't have Galaxy or SSBB in the system (because they do have other games without firm release dates available for preorder) is that they would get overwhelmed with preorders for these and wouldn't be able to honor them all. So they are waiting until closer to release to open them up for preorders. I have no confirmation of whether that is true or not, but it is a possibility.

And CouRageouS, I was able to trade SWG with no problem - but YMMV as always. Remember that in the trade 3 get an extra $10 deal last year 2005 and older sports titles were excluded. While many stores took this the right way (meaning stuff like Madden 2005 was excluded) others would exclude NBA Street or even racing games. So it all depends on the employee du jour ;).

[quote name='monkeydeew']lately (at least in my experience) they have been cracking down and only allowing 1 exchange.

i.e. i exchanged game x for game y, then when i tried to get game z in exchange for game y, they vetoed the deal and said i could only trade it in...[/quote]Entirely possible, but as always, that would depend on the employee I'm sure. But perhaps I will just hold on to Excite Truck and return it for a preorder in a couple weeks.

I think its about time I go and grab Avatar and MtR for a Strikers pre-order. Especially since in a couple weeks it'll be 25% off clearance stuff.

If it does work, then its Strikers for around $25. w00t.

[quote name='monkeydeew']what about getting wiiplay, then trading in the game?[/QUOTE]

Wiiplay is excluded, although I like the idea there.

I just successfully traded Red Steel and Elebits for a pre-order on Mario Strikers Charged. At first, the clerk didn't quite understand what I was wanting to do, but I was up-front about it and explained it in detail. I first asked if I could do the trade for a pre-order and they said no. Then I asked about doing it for another game, then exchanging the game on the spot for a pre-order. At first they were very hesitant and suggested that I go return the game at a different location to get the pre-order. In the end though, they let me do it because they had already put in their two-week notice and were leaving GS soon anyway.

[quote name='billg']Wiiplay is excluded, although I like the idea there.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? If it is, then I guess I got lucky. It would make sense though, since it took him a while to figure how to apply the discount.

[quote name='suko_32']Are you sure? If it is, then I guess I got lucky. It would make sense though, since it took him a while to figure how to apply the discount.[/quote]Nah, it takes everyone a while to figure out how to apply the discount. Wii Play is definitely excluded though.

[quote name='botticus']Nah, it takes everyone a while to figure out how to apply the discount. Wii Play is definitely excluded though.[/QUOTE]

Then since I got Wii Play from this deal, I'm happy.

For anyone near the Brea Mall, the EB Games in there has really strange restrictions for the trade 2 Wii games get 1 free promo. I called and after looking it up, the employee told me, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Zelda: TP, Tony Hawk, and 1 other game which I can't remember at the moment were restricted. I specifically asked him about Happy Feet and some of the other games on the list and he said they would take them all...

I already traded MtR and Avatar, but for other people who are looking to get in on the trade, might want to give them a call.

[quote name='suko_32']Then since I got Wii Play from this deal, I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

You cannot trade Wii-Play TO the store. You can receive it FROM the store.

[quote name='billg']You cannot trade Wii-Play TO the store. You can receive it FROM the store.[/QUOTE]

OH! Okay! Dang, I need some sleep.

Didnt realize it ended next week. Shoot. Well, hopefully they'll let me pre-order a game when I trade in Metal Slug and Rayman.

Traded in Avatar and Meet the Robinsons. The guy had no idea what he was doing, and told me the promotion ended. I told him to call another store, and he asked if he had to adjust the prices manually.

I got Mario Party 8 because he wouldn't let me reserve Metroid 3 (he tried talking me into reserving metroid 3 to get the 20% trade in credit, but I would have only gotten like....24.00 then :lol:)

So now I can just take the Mario Party to a different EB and return it and throw the credit on Metroid?

[quote name='seanr1221']
So now I can just take the Mario Party to a different EB and return it and throw the credit on Metroid?[/quote]I'm going by a rather out of the way store tonight so I'll try then and let you know if it works.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Wii Play will always be excluded. Everyone knows people are buying Wii Play just for the extra remote. :p

Hmm... Avatar + MtR combo worked, but I got denied on using it towards a preorder. Ended up getting The Bigs instead.

However, I'm wondering if I should try to exchange it for Mario Strikers or just keep it. I was interested in the game, and for the price of Avatar+MtR+25% off isn't that bad. Problem is, I also want to get PBR and Strikers, but I think there's only one set of Avatar+MtR left at closest CC.

I went back and returned Excite Truck, put it towards Mario Strikers. The employee hesitated seeing the trade-in, but luckily the manager was wandering out the door and ignored the quiet "Hey," so he went ahead and did the exchange.

I witnessed them turn down a guy trading in two games including Genji (PS3, not Genji PS2). They're official line after "wondering" why it wouldn't work? "It's excluded, even though it's not in the list of exclusions." WTF?! "Yeah."

[quote name='CZroe']I witnessed them turn down a guy trading in two games including Genji (PS3, not Genji PS2). They're official line after "wondering" why it wouldn't work? "It's excluded, even though it's not in the list of exclusions." WTF?! "Yeah."[/quote]

ive heard if the value of the trade in game is

bread's done
Back