Ant Bully
Rampage
Ice Age 2
Happy Feet
Open Season
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Free game must equal 49.99 less in value. Expires 7th August 2007

In classic fashion they elimate any way possible in which this deal may be profitable, but its not that bad I guess if you have som older junk that doesnt trade in for as much anymore

Trade 2 PS3 games get one free

Exclusions are
2007 and older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire

Offer good on games 59.99 or less. Expires 7th August 2007.

Again not great but if you hav some old crap then why not?

So far I've gotten the following preorders with this (and the last trade 2 deal):

Battalion Wars 2
Dewy's Adventure
Mario & Sonic At The Olympics X 2 (will switch these for SSBB and Mario Galaxy later)
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3
NiGHTS

I have one more MtR which I can pair up with a TMNT (new copies are easy to get at Gamecrazy - I'd like to find a used copy but new will work too).

Nice to see it's been extended for another month and that MtR/Avatar aren't on the exclusion list. I'd like to lock up preorders for Fire Emblem and BWii...

[quote name='Starky27']Nice to see it's been extended for another month and that MtR/Avatar aren't on the exclusion list. I'd like to lock up preorders for Fire Emblem and BWii...[/quote]Is Fire Emblem in the system?

[quote name='botticus']Is Fire Emblem in the system?[/QUOTE]

I don't think I saw it on the sheet, but I wasn't specifically looking for it either so it could be. I was just staring at it a few hours ago. I wish I could have a copy of it - would be nice to do some planning ;).

[quote name='io']I don't think I saw it on the sheet, but I wasn't specifically looking for it either so it could be. I was just staring at it a few hours ago. I wish I could have a copy of it - would be nice to do some planning ;).[/QUOTE]
Nope it's not on there yet. Odds are after E3 more of the Nintendo titles will have dates so I'm thinking of just rolling the preorder over when they show up in the system. I do see that Soul Calibur Legends is on the list though...

Ok. One last set of Avatar and Meet the Robinsons to trade in on the Wii. Not sure which game I'm going to get with this last set. Already have Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Strikers taken care of.. maybe Battalion Wars 2...

traded in spm and mp8 for chicken shoot! whew what a deal ! extended a few more weeks hope i can throw down biggs and zelda for re4!!!

[quote name='monkeydeew']traded in spm and mp8 for chicken shoot! whew what a deal ! extended a few more weeks hope i can throw down biggs and zelda for re4!!![/QUOTE]

Smartass!

(I hope, anyway ;)).

[quote name='monkeydeew']traded in spm and mp8 for chicken shoot! whew what a deal ! extended a few more weeks hope i can throw down biggs and zelda for re4!!![/quote]

Awesome post. Makes me want to trade SPM + WarioWare for Ice Age.

For some reason they would not honor my trade in. Def Jam Icon and spider man three limited edition. Not for any ps3 game at all. :whistle2:( I hate Gamestop and EB for stuff like this. I went to two. Games are in perfect condition and one was in plastic because it was brand new. They said the trade in value for each game had to be 20 or more...

[quote name='mthanded']For some reason they would not honor my trade in. Def Jam Icon and spider man three limited edition. Not for any ps3 game at all. :whistle2:( I hate Gamestop and EB for stuff like this. I went to two. Games are in perfect condition and one was in plastic because it was brand new. They said the trade in value for each game had to be 20 or more...[/quote]

Wouldn't that almost entirely defeat the purpose of this promotion.......

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']Wait can i trade for wii play?[/quote]

Does the offer excluding Wii Play from both sides?

Or Can I trade for it?

Picked up two copies of Avatar and two Meet the Robinsons for Wii for a total of $52 + tax (circuit city) and traded them into GS for a Mario Party 8 and a Mario Strikers Charged pre-order. I have Metroid Prime 3 paid off too...now hopefully something like this comes up when Mario Galaxy is near release.

edit:

Last time they were running this promotion I traded in an Open Season and a Far Cry to get Wii Play bunde, so it should work :)

[quote name='mthanded']For some reason they would not honor my trade in. Def Jam Icon and spider man three limited edition. Not for any ps3 game at all. :whistle2:( I hate Gamestop and EB for stuff like this. I went to two. Games are in perfect condition and one was in plastic because it was brand new. They said the trade in value for each game had to be 20 or more...[/quote]

wow you got royally jooed

[quote name='mthanded']For some reason they would not honor my trade in. Def Jam Icon and spider man three limited edition. Not for any ps3 game at all. :whistle2:( I hate Gamestop and EB for stuff like this. I went to two. Games are in perfect condition and one was in plastic because it was brand new. They said the trade in value for each game had to be 20 or more...[/QUOTE]

That sucks - the Wii games I've traded in have had trade values of anywhere from $7 to $12. All they ever check is the exclusion list printed on the fliers.

And yes, Wii Play should be fine to buy - any game $49.99 or less (for Wii).

last time this promo was on it was like pulling teef to get wii play but it worked. according to angry anime guy though its not allowed but hes wrong

[quote name='mtxbass1']I might have to trade Tony Hawk Downhill Jam and Sonic here. When is Strikers due out?[/quote]

Strikers is due out the last day of this month

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']It's on their site

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=T000233[/QUOTE]

It's not available for preorder in store though. The reasoning I heard was that they don't want any particular location to be overwhelmed with preorders for this and Mario Galaxy so that they can't fill them all when they get short-shipped upon release. The web site, on the other hand, can probably take the orders because they get a huge allotment.

Anyway, just preorder Mario & Sonic At the Olympics or NiGHTS and then switch it as soon as Brawl becomes available.

so when doing this trade i have had to
1 pay taxes (prices adjsuted to 49.99 then i had to pay 5$ cash)
2 not pay taxes (prices adjusted to 54.something)
3 gotten my game for 49.99 flat (not pay taxes)

im starting to get pissed at the fawkers who made me pay tax, is there any legal paperwork i can show up with so i can get my 5 bucks back?

Avatar is YMMV now, I was told it was excluded "in an email" (though it's obviously not on the signs). MtR should still be okay.

[quote name='soyverde']Avatar is YMMV now, I was told it was excluded "in an email" (though it's obviously not on the signs). MtR should still be okay.[/quote]Well, fuck that.

If it's not in the signage, then of course, they'll defer back to "All trades subject to manager approval". :roll:

Website info still doesn't show Avatar or MtR as an exclusion, so that's what I'm going on.

And after a few phone calls, no one has a clue about pre-orders being doable. The one rep I spoke to ran the transaction through the computer and it did up the trade-in values on two games collectively up to $49.99 for a non-reserve. For the reserve, nope. I'm thinking the best way to do it is to do what others have talked about, get the $49.99 game, return it for credit and apply said credit to a pre-order.

Guys, I picked up an in-store label that they had sitting on the counter. Offer's been extended until the 29th.

The Wii offer now states that Resident Evil 4, Chicken Shoot and Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 are excluded. No idea WHY DBZ is excluded when it's still $50 and only the PS2 version was made a Greatest Hits title.

Also, Avatar has dropped to $30, so there MIGHT be some problems.

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']Just traded MtR + Avatar for Wii Play?

Can someone confirm that they will trade for a preorder?[/quote]
when avatar gets added to the list or after the deal expires, they may try to only give you the original credit you received (~15$) and not honor your bonus credit. buy something anyways so you have a reciept to report -feedback on tellgamestop.com and just try another gs

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']Just traded MtR + Avatar for Wii Play?

Can someone confirm that they will trade for a preorder?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, nobody can "confirm" anything when it comes to EB/GS deals and policies because it will be different at every store with every employee and the time of day ;).

But people HAVE done it. I've had little problem just getting preorders off the bat with the trade-in deal (had to argue my case at one place, but was successful). I would definitely try to do that first than depend on the return, but, clearly, too late for you ;). For whatever reason, they seem more OK with a preorder for a game that comes out during the promo - and that now includes Mario Strikers (or it is very close, anyway) so maybe you can return it for that. Then in a week or two switch that to something later (if you don't want it). Once it is in there as a preorder no receipt is necessary and you can change it at will (or even cancel it and get the $49.99 credit back).

Well I sure fucking hope they take avatar at my GSes, I found a few jackpot CCs today, so I have a total of 5 MtR/Avatar sets. I'll go tomorrow and try to get some preorders :p.

[quote name='SpazX']Well I sure fucking hope they take avatar at my GSes, I found a few jackpot CCs today, so I have a total of 5 MtR/Avatar sets. I'll go tomorrow and try to get some preorders :p.[/quote]

lucky duck what are you doing right now goooooooooooooooo

[quote name='monkeydeew']lucky duck what are you doing right now goooooooooooooooo[/quote]

They're all closed :cry:.

If I had known there was some trouble with avatar I would've gone before I went home...

Went to one pair of GS/EB and called another pair, no go on preorders. After three from the previous promotion period, am I getting bad luck or is that now the official stand?

Well as long as they accept avatar I don't even care if they won't do preorders, I'll try to return for a preorder. Do I have to return it to the same store?

[quote name='SpazX']Well I sure fucking hope they take avatar at my GSes, I found a few jackpot CCs today, so I have a total of 5 MtR/Avatar sets. I'll go tomorrow and try to get some preorders :p.[/quote]
Just shop around, I found two that would still take it (they just referred to the exclusions on the sign). I was just pointing out that it is likely now YMMV, as I was told they received an email excluding it. ;)

My CC still has some Avatars and MtRs, but I don't feel like running all over the place trying to find the right combos for the right stores, I'm done with this deal for the moment.

[quote name='soyverde']Just shop around, I found two that would still take it (they just referred to the exclusions on the sign). I was just pointing out that it is likely now YMMV, as I was told they received an email excluding it. ;)

My CC still has some Avatars and MtRs, but I don't feel like running all over the place trying to find the right combos for the right stores, I'm done with this deal for the moment.[/quote]

give them to me lol pm im cereal lol

[quote name='soyverde']Just shop around, I found two that would still take it (they just referred to the exclusions on the sign). I was just pointing out that it is likely now YMMV, as I was told they received an email excluding it. ;)

My CC still has some Avatars and MtRs, but I don't feel like running all over the place trying to find the right combos for the right stores, I'm done with this deal for the moment.[/quote]Lovely. That's all we need, this being a bit YMMV because of Avatar sliding on the exclusion list, when it's not printed anywhere on the website or the in-store signage.

Went into GS last eve with my last wii avatar/MTR pair.
Manager handled the transaction and preordered High School Musical ($59.99)
While I was still there looking around, he was catching up on e-mails (said he was on vacation last week)...and yes, as of Tues. Avatar was added to the exclusion list, but he laughed and said not to worry about my preorder, that it would be honored...whew, what timing!
but the "public" printed materials do not include this game as of now, so I would just point that out if I wanted to do any more trades....I think my stores would all let it slide...but who knows, maybe Round 3 of signage will be coming out of their corporate offices soon...

On a side note, I'm kicking myself for not preordering PS3 Warhawk when it was $39.99 on their site...sure enough it will include a blue tooth headset and is now $59.99...

[quote name='shrike4242']Lovely. That's all we need, this being a bit YMMV because of Avatar sliding on the exclusion list, when it's not printed anywhere on the website or the in-store signage.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is what happened with Far Cry and Open Season last time. The difference is those were actually $19.99 in store at the time. Avatar is still $29.99 now so not so obvious as a flipper (from Eb to EB that is). But yeah, it adds even more YMMV to an already frustratingly YMMV deal ;).

Fortunately for me, all I could find the other day was MtR so I can pair that with TMNT for another preorder or two (hopefully). I'm going to try again today.

Does anyone know if they've added preorders for Fire Emblem, Mario Galaxy, and SSBB now that they all have street dates? I'll find out in a few hours in any case, but if anyone goes before that it would be nice to do some planning ;).

Official update

In-store fliers confirm Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Chicken Shoot, Avatar and Resident Evil 4 are on the excluded list.

I checked some in-store games and DBZ BT2 and Avatar are now 24.99 used.

SSBB and SMG are not up yet for preorders. Dunno about FE

For the Wiki Transformers Wii gets 20 bucks before edge.
Put 24 (10% bump for reserve plus edge) on Mario Strikers Charged.

Apparently at my store they are trying a new 10 dollar minimum to preorder anything. Is this happening anywhere else.

bread's done
Back