- - - - -

The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

#61 martin8me   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:13 AM

^^ Wow that sounds cool

Are you gonna post vids Markman?

#62 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8621 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:53 AM

Posted a new video of US Persona 3 in my gaming blog...

http://high-scoreonl.../blogs/markman/

...be aware there MAY be spoilers… depends on how anal you are about it lol… Enjoy!

Reigning Super CAG Fighting Quiz Game Winner plus Alpha@ hyper-turbo.eXtreme!!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

SDTEKKEN - TekkenZaibatsu - Mad Catz - EVO2010

#63 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6752 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

"Adios, asshole" - more RPGs need victory quotes like this. I take it the (IMO dreadful) conversation system is gone?

#64 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:48 PM

That's the first real gameplay footage I've seen of the game and yeah... I really can't wait for this game. Sigh...

oh, and the music that plays on the field there was really good... I'm hoping this soundtrack is on the level of the previous SMT games rather than on Devil Summoner's level...

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#65 MadFlava   Sa Da Tay! CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:05 PM

Sorry I wasn't clear, I have the US version, can't say why or how, but it is not pirated... More impressions tonight!

Did it come with the art book and soundtrack? I'm curious what the packaging is like.

Also, nice blog and clip of gameplay. I like the voice acting and I'm glad they didn't censor anything or changed the music.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#66 martin8me   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:28 PM

Posted a new video of US Persona 3 in my gaming blog...

Wow that was amazing, thanks for posting them MM.

I can't wait for this game.

#67 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8621 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:18 AM

Beat this game recently, I'll post more of the vids I promised earlier... I have about 4 more...

I just gotta say this was my best gaming experience of 2007 so far, and I've played a LOT of games.

Good job Atlus!

#68 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

Did Atlus keep most of the original music? They replaced the opening song in DDS with some techno music, and I'm hoping they kept the original opening song (Burn my Dread) in Persona 3.

And like Mark said earlier, support Atlus and buy Persona 3! Someone (from Team Atlus) on the Atlus board said that if P3 does well, we might have a chance of seeing Persona 3 FES come over here.

#69 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:31 PM

Eh, well they did keep the intro song for DDS 2.

Though really, I much preferred the song DDS 1 had in the US. I have the soundtrack and the intro for the Japanese version simply doesn't compare... it's just a remix of other songs IIRC.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#70 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:27 PM

Nevermind, I watched the 1st 7 mins video on the high score online blog finally (I skipped straight to the bonus footage when I first found the page), and it answered my own question. :P

#71 Asgardian   Crazy Ass Game Collector CAGiversary!   871 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:56 PM

How many of you are pre-ordering this through amazon?

Are you guys sure that the art-book & sound track comes with the "version" amazon is selling? I cannot seem to find any mention of those in the amazon item description...

I'd be very sad if I order from amazon to save a few bucks & no tax, but then not get the art-book and sound track.

Thansk!

#72 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6752 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:26 AM

As far as we all know there is only one version of the game, and it includes the bonus stuff. I am not pre-ordering from amazon because I don't think anyone has ever gotten a pre-ordered game quickly from amazon. And if they have, it hasn't been a game as small as P3.

They replaced the opening song in DDS with some techno music,

Yeah, this wouldn't be so bad if it was a licensing problem, but from the sounds of a comment on their forums, it sounds like they just didn't like the song. Which is a shame because I love it. Goes a lot better with the opening video, and the song is a part of the game, for chrissakes.

#73 kingsoby1   Hebulon CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:51 AM

I just pre-ordered from Gamecrazy after raping the extra 50% trade in deal... basically got it for $20 and can't wait. Too bad I have finals the week after it releases :(

#74 49438669506   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   283 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:23 AM

Beat this game recently, I'll post more of the vids I promised earlier... I have about 4 more...

I just gotta say this was my best gaming experience of 2007 so far, and I've played a LOT of games.

Good job Atlus!

Thats good to hear. :) I've got this game pre ordered since March! 3 more weeks and it's here! I'm a fan of long games and loads of cinematics, how long did it take you to beat this game?

#75 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19132 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:16 AM

How many of you are pre-ordering this through amazon?

Are you guys sure that the art-book & sound track comes with the "version" amazon is selling? I cannot seem to find any mention of those in the amazon item description...

I'd be very sad if I order from amazon to save a few bucks & no tax, but then not get the art-book and sound track.

Thansk!

because there is only one version of Persona 3

#76 keithp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5543 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:34 AM

I'd also like to know how long your game time was, MarkMan, and whether you spent alot of time on sidequests and stuff or stuck mainly to the story.

#77 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:48 AM

I preordered it a while ago, along with Rivera: The Promised Land for the PSP at my local Gamestop. If you guys gave them an email, they might've sent you a coupon for 10% off your next purchase.

My coupon expires on the 6th, so I'll be heading to my Gamestop soon to pay in full and use the 10% code to save some cash.

#78 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8621 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:46 AM

My file had logged in 51 hours when I beat it... My character's level was 75(If that matters)...

I didn't do all the sidequests, but I did pretty much all of them. If ppl don't mind or if ppl are interested I'll go in depth if anyone has any specific questions on the games... Of course let's all use spoiler tags...

#79 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6752 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

Would you say the story is good, or good enough?

#80 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8621 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:37 PM

I would say it is "good enough"... It's not the best thing the game has going for it, but it does the job...

However, I read up on FES and what happens in the storyline after Persona 3 going towards the extra parts of Persona 3: FES, and I'd have to say if that part was included, it'd be one of the most unique/well done RPG stories....

Seriously though, its worth a try... :)

#81 Dead of Knight  

Dead of Knight

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:20 PM

Thanks for all the info. :applause: This game sounds really awesome now.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#82 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:57 PM

However, I read up on FES and what happens in the storyline after Persona 3 going towards the extra parts of Persona 3: FES, and I'd have to say if that part was included, it'd be one of the most unique/well done RPG stories....

Hopefully sales of P3 are good enough to make Atlus bring FES over. I have doubts though, the Shin Megami Tensei series isn't well known in the US though and with that ugly cover P3 is sporting (I honestly have no idea why Atlus changed the cover), many people will pass this game by.

#83 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8621 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:34 PM

New US Persona 3 video here, at my blog:

Trying to show more of the English VA.

I honestly don't think it's bad at all... I like some voices better than their Japanese counterparts...

#84 Dead of Knight  

Dead of Knight

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:23 PM

Some characters are good, some of them could get on my nerves. I can't remember if there's a Japanese voice option in this game, but DDS didn't have it.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#85 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8621 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:36 PM

There is no Japanese voice option for Persona 3 US.

:(

#86 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6752 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:34 AM

Regarding FES:

Right after that question someone asked if Persona 3: Fes would get released and here’s the answer, “we can't say anything right now. We have to discuss it a little more. There is a possibility, of course, that it will be released. I just don't know.”

http://www.siliconer...-at-anime-expo/

#87 Dead of Knight  

Dead of Knight

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:56 AM

Regarding FES:

http://www.siliconer...-at-anime-expo/

Sounds like what Nintendo says about Mother 3.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#88 moonknight25   Simply Incredible CAGiversary!   751 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

moonknight25

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:06 AM

Is it true that you have to shoot yourself in head to do certain spells?

Posted Image

#89 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19132 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:13 AM

they will not say anything about FES since a confirmation could hurt the sales of Persona 3.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#90 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8621 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:20 AM

Is it true that you have to shoot yourself in head to do certain spells?

That is how Persona skills are used in this game. Anything that isn't a regular attack is Persona based(or item based).