Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
re5vc1.jpg

Updated 7/26: Extended trailer
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=zh55aR-gnOU[/media]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22801.html

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=kP3XFPSHiWo[/media]
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_4563_en.html

This game looks fucking tight! The whole village of what looks to be intellectual zombies trips me out...anyways, watch it and enjoy!

I think that the guy with the speaker is human, and a dictator. Which makes me think it's gonna involve voodoo of some kind. I just thought about that when you said intelligent zombies, because there's a different version of the zombie in voodoo.

RE meets Rwanda Genocides? I know I saw machetes.

I do like that things seem to be outdoors. I hated the old REs because I could never see anything.

edit: ok it's not just me. 1up podcasts just brought up the rwanda thing.

In for one. Trailer is more than enough to convince me to buy. Then again, being a RE fanboy, that doesn't really matter now does it?

As long as they keep RE4's style of play (with a few tweaks here and there, but nothing too major), this game should be awesome. I'm already sold on the environment that was shown.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']Hopefully they murder wesker in this game. I'm sick of that bastard.[/QUOTE]

Nah Son, hopefully you team up--- Wesker has that super power stuff going on anyway, I wanna see him tear it up. Mercenaries Mode confirmed, Hunk better be playable.

[quote name='akilshohen']I think that the guy with the speaker is human, and a dictator. Which makes me think it's gonna involve voodoo of some kind. I just thought about that when you said intelligent zombies, because there's a different version of the zombie in voodoo.[/QUOTE]

It could be zombies ... but the whole "smart, angry mob with melee weapons" angle and what looked like a guy with a sack over his head make me think the La Plagas from RE4 are going to be the primary enemies.

[quote name='Surferflames']I do like that things seem to be outdoors. I hated the old REs because I could never see anything.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that all the footage of RE4 that anyone saw prior to release was outdoors and during the day. But tons of that game took place at night and in military compounds, castles, etc.

no I mean the term zombie comes from voodoo. There's a folktale of a woman who was seen walking around 50 years after she died. When people talked to her, so didn't know anything. Think the movie "The seprent and the Sun"
The things we call zombies, are ghouls, an arabian folktale. Ghouls eat people
Romero just combined the two, that is called Romero zombies.

There's almost no way to top RE4 but I'm hoping they can at least match it in terms of variety, length and story. The trailer looks great and I'm sure the first playthrough will scare the hell out of me. Too bad this isn't coming until 2008, right?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']This looks awesome, although those villagers don't seem to be acting too differently than they do in real life...[/QUOTE]

:roll:

IGN has some new info on the game...the most important piece though :( :(

Release date consensus seems to be sometime before 2010.....wtf :(

Going back to a standard controller after playing the Wii edition of RE4 is going to be hard, but I'm really looking forward to this game, so I'll definitely be getting it the day it comes out.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Going back to a standard controller after playing the Wii edition of RE4 is going to be hard, but I'm really looking forward to this game, so I'll definitely be getting it the day it comes out.[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name='javeryh']I agree.[/quote]
If we don't get a RE5 sidestory on the Wii with an enhanced version of the RE4 engine I will be very sad.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Going back to a standard controller after playing the Wii edition of RE4 is going to be hard, but I'm really looking forward to this game, so I'll definitely be getting it the day it comes out.[/QUOTE]

I also agree. I paid $30 for RE4 Wii like anyone else (also got in at the $10 FYE rebate) and said to myself "One of the best games of all time just got better thanks to... the Wii Controls? WTF?" but It's true. The Wii controls make it a whole new experience, and it will be a shame if the Wii doesn't seem some form of this.

Regardless, I will buy this on any console. I would buy a PS3 just to play this and MGS. RE4 was one of the best games of all time. Source? Me and the millions of others who played it.

I hope online play like co-op will be in Resident Evil 5, but if not Capcom should make another online Resident Evil type game similar to Outbreak. Only this time it would be a lot better since the next gen systems will be able to handle all the things that a online resident evil always wanted to do.

I know Capcom has never done FPS (at least that I can think of), but a Rainbow Six type FPS Horror shooter with online co-op and deathmatches would be awesome. They can have it take place during Resident Evil 2-3 where you are in Racoon City still. Like you can be a team of Umbrella mercenaries taking orders from umbrella, but somehow you get left behind, and your organization has abandoned you, and now its up to you to survive before they nuke the city.

They should utilize ideas like how Ghost Recon has that cross com hud where you can view what others players see. This would be ideal for this type of game. Imagine you split up into two teams, and on your cross com you can see what your team sees. Then for instance you see your team getting attacked, and then a zombie just eating the shit out of your teamate. Then of course once you are killed you can become a zombie and go after your former team.

The deathmatches can be done where Team A and Team B fight against each other, but instead of worrying about the other team you have to worry about all the monsters, and zombies in the middle of your fight. So its kind of like a three way battle.

from 1up

Chris Redfield Returns in Resident Evil 5
Producer confirms main protagonist as former S.T.A.R.S member.
By Yoshi Sato, 07/18/2007
This week's Famitsu has revealed more details on Resident Evil 5 which was recently shown at E3.

The story takes place roughly 10 years after the Raccoon Incident in the first Resident Evil game. The character which we've seen in the trailer is confirmed to be former S.T.A.R.S. member Chris Redfield. He now works for an organization called BSAA and was sent to a location (shown in the trailer) to investigate on a special case. Producer Jun Takeuchi comments, "What has happened to Chris during these 10 years? By showing his past, we can begin to unravel things that were not resolved in Resident Evil 4. In fact, Resident Evil 5 will retain most of its gameplay style [from Resident Evil 4] with some new features which I cannot talk about yet at this point."

The producer did mention though that the game will have more distinction between light and darkness, "For example, as Chris enters a building, his eyes has to gradually adjust to the dark indoors. The same can be said with the opposite where stepping out from a dark place would cause glare to his eyes."

He also adds, "The enemies this time are not zombies nor are they Los Ganados either, but are quite smart, human-like creatures. One of the main theme in this game is that Chris is fighting for a cause that is not really clear. Is he fighting for good or evil?"

The E3 trailer will be available on Xbox Live Marketplace this July 27 in Japan so expect to see it on North American around the same time as well.

[quote name='tenzor']I hope online play like co-op will be in Resident Evil 5, but if not Capcom should make another online Resident Evil type game similar to Outbreak. Only this time it would be a lot better since the next gen systems will be able to handle all the things that a online resident evil always wanted to do.

I know Capcom has never done FPS (at least that I can think of), but a Rainbow Six type FPS Horror shooter with online co-op and deathmatches would be awesome. They can have it take place during Resident Evil 2-3 where you are in Racoon City still. Like you can be a team of Umbrella mercenaries taking orders from umbrella, but somehow you get left behind, and your organization has abandoned you, and now its up to you to survive before they nuke the city.

They should utilize ideas like how Ghost Recon has that cross com hud where you can view what others players see. This would be ideal for this type of game. Imagine you split up into two teams, and on your cross com you can see what your team sees. Then for instance you see your team getting attacked, and then a zombie just eating the shit out of your teamate. Then of course once you are killed you can become a zombie and go after your former team.

The deathmatches can be done where Team A and Team B fight against each other, but instead of worrying about the other team you have to worry about all the monsters, and zombies in the middle of your fight. So its kind of like a three way battle.[/quote]

Your idea of the game sounds cool yet similar to this:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143031&highlight=Left+Dead
So "Left 4 Dead" might just be your type of game.

I hope the trailer gives us an ides of what the gameplay will be like. I'm getting tired of RE4 I think - I'm on my 4th play through and the thrill is gone... although I like blasting fools with my infinite rocket launcher. It's amazing how invincible you feel when you know what's coming.

From the looks of the full trailer it plays just like RE4. Which is not a bad thing for me. Also who was that girl at the very end? Was trying to think of RE characters with blonde hair. Sherry perhaps?

Wow - I just saw the trailer and the game looks AMAZING. I can't wait for this - too bad it's probably a year or more away...

Is it me, or did the last guy in the tube look like the steve burnside guy for code veronica?

on second look, that individual looks more like a girl, but so does burnside.

Oh MAN! This looks SO...fuckING...GOOD. I think I might totally freak out if a mob of zombies is running at me like in a couple of those scenes. There'd better be some heavy artillery for clearing out swarms like that. Seems like there are twice as many threatening you as there were even in RE4. That's some serious shit!

I love how the 'zombies' here appear to be fast and agile, ala 28 Days Later. Theres a bit in there of a zombie running straight at Chris full steam.

And I think Ive figured out what Chris Redfield has been doing for the last 10 years.

Steroids

[quote name='Puffa469']I love how the 'zombies' here appear to be fast and agile, ala 28 Days Later. Theres a bit in there of a zombie running straight at Chris full steam.

Steroids[/QUOTE]

i was about to say this. it even looks like infection, where blood and junk is popping out of the infected people. I might just like it.

bread's done
Back