Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

[quote name='doc_zaius']I wonder if this edition will have crazy magical midgets in it (like the last one) or if it will try and go a little more realistic this time.[/quote]

Resident Evil.....Realistic?

You are a very confused person.

No kidding. Just listen to the dialog from any RE game. It's comedic gold! Realism and RE aren't friends. They don't answer each other's phone calls and they look opposite directions when they meet in public. Realism won't even give back that Led Zeppelin album that RE4 loaned it.

It's not racist, it's equal opportunity. I don't think you were supposed to kill a single non-white person in the last Resident Evil. I think it's a neat setting and will be immersive because it IS AFRICA by the way. It'll be cool to see where the virus originated from.

I don't think the storyline is that it the virus originated in Africa. Didn't RE4 not even deal with the T-Virus? Its been awhile since I played it

[quote name='akilshohen']The only thing that would of probably prevented this was if the main character was black. If there aren't any black characters as main characters it will be seen as racist.
I do kinda see what some of the blogs are saying though. Just as Africa is being somewhat humanized (this is what the gamespot article quoted, not me but you get what it's hinting at), this trailer comes out.[/quote]

word. my friends asked me why this game bothered me. I told em: "It's some white guy going around killin people who might be my family members." they then asked me if I'd be pissed if it was a black guy killin other black people and I said "no cuz then it's black on black crime."

[quote name='doc_zaius']I wonder if this edition will have crazy magical midgets in it (like the last one) or if it will try and go a little more realistic this time.[/quote]

hmm dont remember magic in RE4 and played it like 5 times. I think you are really looking to cause controversy. There is nothing worse than to jump to conclusions. Unless you have actually played the game completely so you know the whole storyline, I would wait before getting on that high horse.

[quote name='SoulReaver']I don't think the storyline is that it the virus originated in Africa. Didn't RE4 not even deal with the T-Virus? Its been awhile since I played it[/quote]

it was an ancient parasite

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']hmm dont remember magic in RE4 and played it like 5 times. I think you are really looking to cause controversy. There is nothing worse than to jump to conclusions. Unless you have actually played the game completely so you know the whole storyline, I would wait before getting on that high horse.[/quote]

High horse? what the f are you talking about?

I'm looking forward to the game. making fun of the over-the-top midget aristocrats RE universe is being on a high horse?

Capcoms gives zombies motorbikes :cool:
re5dirtbikerally415.jpg

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/09/27/resident-evil-5-say-hello-to-the-frightbike/

I read this story on Destructoid and thought I'd post it here for some reason.

http://www.destructoid.com/resident-evil-5-demo-coming-soon-to-an-xbox-360-near-you-112772.phtml

The newest issue of Famitsu has some promising news for survival horror fans, namely that a demo for the much-hyped Resident Evil 5 will be showing up on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace on December 5.

Although the demo is only confirmed for Japan at this point, and access to it will only be granted to XBL Gold members, that's not about to stop you guys, now is it?

Holy fricking crap Cheapy if this is the case. I'm going to Japan or someones gotta teach me how to spoof IP addresses for a japanese download or something.

Must play RE5!

Theres no way they are not going to give this demo to us. We may have to wait a bit longer than the Japanese, but we'll get it.

If a demo does come out, I'm sure as hell not playing it. Why would I make the wait that much tougher? And it's not like this game can be bad.

what is the release date for the full game? Usually once the demo comes out, the game is out within a few weeks.

Looking forward to this one. Hope they have a U.S. demo in Dec or Jan.

Also, any word on the U.S. limited edition or preorder bonus' yet?

I think the developers said that they were tinkering with online co-op, but didn't know if it was going to happen... local co-op would be split screen.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I'm downloading this now. Will I get into trouble if I play this while I'm signed into my regular XBL gamertag?[/QUOTE]

Not at all.

[quote name='zewone']Not at all.[/quote]

Ok good, I was worried I would get banned for playing content from another region on my US account.

I just tried my GTAIV one and it said it couldn't retrieve the information although it did show up as if it was going to let me redeem it.

[quote name='KingBroly']Would that GTAIV month of Gold code work on a Japanese account?[/QUOTE]

you should be able to just make a japanese account and they give you a free month of gold.

The only way to get it to work is to make the Japanese account on your Xbox and use the one month trial it offers you. (Caution: You can only do this three times).

[quote name='lt_homer']you should be able to just make a japanese account and they give you a free month of gold.[/quote]

But I already have another Japanese account. And I'd need another freaking email address if I wanted to make another.

Just got slaughtered playing with a japanese guy. :(

What are you supposed to do, stay in the room and keep shooting everything?
Hehe, he just sent me a friend request too.

bread's done
Back