Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

It probably is Sherry. She hasn't been seen since RE2/3. Something on wikipedia said that a female officer from one of the scenario's in RE:Outbreak games would be in this too.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm calling this as the 360's 2008 GotY.[/quote]
That would be pretty amazing since it's not coming out until 2009. ;)

The new trailer looks great. I'm glad to see the gameplay looks almost exactly the same as Resident Evil 4.

I wonder what revision number this is. If it's not at least number 3, I'd be surprsied. All the best RE games have gone through at least one revision. RE4 had several.

This game is hot fire. I will miss the pointing controls from RE4 Wii though.

[quote name='zewone']Peter Moore said 2008 at E3.[/quote]

He also said Splinter Cell: Conviction would be out this year and well, we all know how that went.

Takeuchi wouldn't provide a solid release date for RE5, but there seemed to be some consensus of it appearing some time before 2010. It will be a long wait, but then again so was the wait for RE4, and that one turned out pretty good.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/805/805932p1.html

[quote name='zewone']Peter Moore said 2008 at E3.[/quote]Peter Moore doesn't work for Capcom and Capcom just announced that it would be before 2010, most likely 2009. The RE games always take forever to make and always get delayed. I extremely doubt we will see this game any time next year.

[quote name='Will D Thrill']Peter Moore doesn't work for Capcom and Capcom just announced that it would be before 2010, most likely 2009. The RE games always take forever to make and always get delayed. I extremely doubt we will see this game any time next year.[/QUOTE]

Well, RE2 came out in 1998, RE3 came out in 1999, RECVX came out in 2000, we got those Gun Survivor games around that time, and REmake and RE 0 both came out in 2002 so... no.

Is this planned to be PS3/Xbox 360 only? If so, the release date of RE5 is the day I have to get one of those 2 systems...

The trailer looks great, but I'm not in love with the focus on fighting so many enemies at once. RE4 managed to have a decent balance between hordes and more survival-horror-like combat, so hopefully 5 will do the same.

I'd really like to see more than 1 playable character available from the beginning, similar to the first 2 games. It wouldn't take much more effort from the developers, really only needing a slightly different scenario and varied enemy placement, but would give the game much greater replay value. And while they're at it, bring back Barry in some capacity.

[quote name='Trakan']http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473298/

Alot of people are doing voices for the characters from RE 1-3. I'm sure it's a lot of flashback shit, but it's interesting nonetheless.[/quote]

The Macho Man is doing the voice work for Tyrant? That can't se serious, can it? :lol:

savage_randy.jpg

[quote name='onikage']The Macho Man is doing the voice work for Tyrant? That can't se serious, can it? :lol:

savage_randy.jpg
[/quote]

Ooohhhh yeeeeaaaahhh! *flying elbow smash*

[quote name='Trakan']http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473298/

Alot of people are doing voices for the characters from RE 1-3. I'm sure it's a lot of flashback shit, but it's interesting nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to what imdb says. Most of that is fake. I believe anyone can edit it.

Just look at that tag line:

"Can the love between a man and dust cloud defeat the most powerful food entity in the world?"

It looks a lot like RE4 with larger groups of enemies. That's certainly not a bad thing.

The eye-adjustment effects sound kinda cool, too. I would be more interested to hear if you can use that to your advantage (using sunglasses/night-vision goggles, and then luring enemies into/out of darkness to disorient them).

By 2009, this game could be pretty incredible.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Not unless she dyed her hair. It's probably Sherry Birkin.[/QUOTE]

i dunno, Chris has a connection to Rebecca, I dont think he even knows Sherry

[quote name='Puffa469']And I think Ive figured out what Chris Redfield has been doing for the last 10 years.

Steroids[/quote]When I saw the new movie, the first thing that came into my mind once seeing Chris, was how Bleszinski said he was influenced by RE4. It was almost like a returned compliment to see Chris bulked up, not to Marcus size, but getting there.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i dunno, Chris has a connection to Rebecca, I dont think he even knows Sherry[/quote]I'm sure Claire would have at the very least mentioned her adventure with Sherry and Leon to her bro once.

[quote name='CouRageouS']RE5 doesn't care about Black People
http://www.blacklooks.org/2007/07/resident_evil_5.html[/quote]I think we all knew someone would take this stance.
[quote name='Black Looks']
Start them young… fearing, hating, and destroying Black people.[/QUOTE]

Capcom is Equal Opportunity. Americans (most every RE game and Dead Rising), Spaniards (RE4), and now either Africans or Island (haiti, carribean) zombies. Big stinkin' deal.

If I were to ever see a zombie coming at me in real life, I wouldn't be thinking about the skin color or nationality. I'd be aiming for a narrow corridor and some weaponry to defend myself.

[quote name='CouRageouS']RE5 doesn't care about Black People
http://www.blacklooks.org/2007/07/resident_evil_5.html

:roll:
.[/quote]

They funny thing is, Japanese people LOVE black people. They seem to be fascinated by them.

I knew people were gonna think this tho. When I first saw the trailer I texted my friend saying how awesome it looked. He texted me back "Looks great, Ive always wanted to single handedly destroy a small African village."

The only thing that would of probably prevented this was if the main character was black. If there aren't any black characters as main characters it will be seen as racist.
I do kinda see what some of the blogs are saying though. Just as Africa is being somewhat humanized (this is what the gamespot article quoted, not me but you get what it's hinting at), this trailer comes out.

[quote name='akilshohen']The only thing that would of probably prevented this was if the main character was black. If there aren't any black characters as main characters it will be seen as racist.
I do kinda see what some of the blogs are saying though. Just as Africa is being somewhat humanized (this is what the gamespot article quoted, not me but you get what it's hinting at), this trailer comes out.[/QUOTE]
Weren't people crying foul about the same crap because Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' PC was black? It never ends >_>

and I can't really agree with any of the blogs I've read. Mostly because they all spewed the same thing. "This game requires you to kill every single black zombie to complete it, blah blah blah.". Nobody knows jack about the plot, let alone the objectives. It's like hearing Ebert talk about video games all over again. For all we know it could be played out like Dead Rising where zombies are more of an obstacle than an objective.

Ugh, this tires me. Hopefully the inane racism garbage will blow over soon.

Nobody said boo when they killed white zombies. I swear, these fucking people are the ones encouraging racism by crying foul every five minutes. It would probably die off, at least in the global north, in a few decades if everyone just let little non-racist things like this go.

It's the people crying "racist" on stuff like this that are the actual racists. Why can't people stop being so fucking sensitive and self absorbed?

I just hope that these people crying racist, don't actually have an effect on the final product. It would be sad to think we're getting a less stellar game, because of a couple of oversenstive type people who more than likely have very little interest in gaming.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Why can't people stop being so fucking sensitive and self absorbed?[/quote]Bingo. To sit around waiting and wanting to be a victim indicates an extremely small world, where everyone around them is plotting and scheming how to hurt poor, poor ME.

I have news for you. People are simply living their lives and couldn't care less about what color you are, who you love, if you're girl or boy, et cetera. If you're looking in the mirror thinking you're where you are in life because some other guy has it out for you and wants to keep you back, that's pathetic. Grow up, stop using the crutch of blaming others, take some accountability for your own actions and then you'll get somewhere.

In any event, that blog seems to have been overwhelmed with responses and has closed discussion on the matter. It was funny to see her try to say her original blog was only in reaction to a Village Voice editorial stating te same concerns (which got the same reaction as she, to be shown for the ignorant person they are).

Anyway I hope you guys won't mind if I use this thread to actually talk about the game. Seeing as we have a whole thread in gen gaming about this issue. Plus it sickens me as a black person to see the race card played.

Was anyone else kind of disappointed to find out it was Chris? No offense to him, but I never really liked the guy. When I finished RE4 I was really hoping Jill would be the main character of the next game. Also I'm hoping Wesker finally dies >.>

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Anyway I hope you guys won't mind if I use this thread to actually talk about the game. Seeing as we have a whole thread in gen gaming about this issue. Plus it sickens me as a black person to see the race card played.

Was anyone else kind of disappointed to find out it was Chris? No offense to him, but I never really liked the guy. When I finished RE4 I was really hoping Jill would be the main character of the next game. Also I'm hoping Wesker finally dies >.>[/QUOTE]
I was hoping for a new character, but Chris is fine.

I do hope for multiple characters like the earlier games.

Yes on multiple characters. It's the reason I loved RE2 so much. The character system that game had, which esentially made it 4 different scenarios in one game, was awesome. Why Capcom never brought that back I just can't understand.

[quote name='zewone']I was hoping for a new character, but Chris is fine.

I do hope for multiple characters like the earlier games.[/quote]

Same here, I'd love to see them bring back multiple characters/scenarios. I haven't really enjoyed replays as much since they decided to basically stick to a single POV after RE2. Even something like in CV, where you switched to Chris, would be better than nothing.

Sweet trailer. If there was only one game coming next year I could time warp to release today it would be this or Fable 2.

I wonder if this edition will have crazy magical midgets in it (like the last one) or if it will try and go a little more realistic this time.

bread's done
Back