Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

Is anyone else having connection issues with Desperate Escape while playing online?

I was trying to run through it with a buddy last night, and every game we played, there would be a random disconnect during the game; the first time it happened when trying to kick open the first "team" door, and then later when going to pick up a random ammo drop.

It happened both when he and I hosted, so I don't think it was an issue with our internet connections.

Just completed Desperate Escape. That was intense. They threw everything at you; except the kitchen sink! Another great DLC.

when the mini-bosses showed up back-to-back, I nearly pissed my pants!

I couldn't believe the number of enemies coming at me constantly. Seems like these guys respawned infinitely. This chapter (DE) plays closer to Mercenaries & Mercenaries Reunion though; in terms of action. The storyline ties directly into the main campaign, so players will be able see 'another perspective.'

There are allusions to some early environments in RE4, so that was a nice touch. Basically, when Chris and Sheva go chasing down Wesker and Excella onboard the cargo ship, this chapter reveals what happens to Jill and Josh at the docks.

Capcom hit the mark spot on with these two DLC chapters; and additional characters. I hope they're able to keep this variety in RE6.

I just started RE5 tonight and played about 2 and a half hours. I made it through the first 5 levels (chapters 1 and 2). I love it so far. I can tell it will be a short game, but that's just what I need right now with my massive backlog.

I love the Resident Evil games. I've owned the GC remake of RE1, the N64 version of RE2 (which was my first RE and is the only one I've beaten), the PS version of RE3, the GC version of RE4, and the DC version of Code Veronica (my favorite in the series).

Not sure which 1 to get. Get points and the base version or just go for the gold...
I don't really care for DM, might only play it once or twice...

Although since we get screwed over with the MS Points here in Canada I'm leaning towards the Gold one...
Hmm...

I thought Lost in Nightmares was awesome. Classic RE feel and I liked it more than fighting a million majini at a time.

Desparate Escape on the other hand, sucked. If I wanted Mercenaries I'd play Mercenaries.

That's similar to what the Game Informer review I just read said.

Glad I waited for the "actual finished game edition". Though I still have to pick a platform :whistle2:D

[quote name='Wolfpup']That's similar to what the Game Informer review I just read said.

Glad I waited for the "actual finished game edition". Though I still have to pick a platform :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

The Gold Edition is fucking retarded. The original game retails now for 30 dollars. The new content all costs 14 dollars. Why would you pay an extra 6 bucks for the Gold Edition?

I would only buy the Gold Edition if I happened to have some store credit lying around that wasn't really aimed towards any specific game.

You would own the content regardless. All the 360 version gives you as far as the DLC goes is a free token to download it.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']The Gold Edition is fucking retarded. The original game retails now for 30 dollars. The new content all costs 14 dollars. Why would you pay an extra 6 bucks for the Gold Edition?

I would only buy the Gold Edition if I happened to have some store credit lying around that wasn't really aimed towards any specific game.[/QUOTE]

Actually it has the vs. mode also so it's $19 MSRP worth of DLC.

The big thing on the Gold edition for PS3 owners is that they can get it all on 1 disc if they haven't bought the game yet. For us 360 owners, it's best just to get RE 5 cheap (I got it for $12 shipped from Gamefly) then buy whatever DLC you want a la carte.

[quote name='JStryke']You would own the content regardless.[/quote]

Hope. Not if it's on Live Arcade.

All the 360 version gives you as far as the DLC goes is a free token to download it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Actually it has the vs. mode also so it's $19 MSRP worth of DLC.

The big thing on the Gold edition for PS3 owners is that they can get it all on 1 disc if they haven't bought the game yet. For us 360 owners, it's best just to get RE 5 cheap (I got it for $12 shipped from Gamefly) then buy whatever DLC you want a la carte.[/QUOTE]

Dang, that sucks if the 360 one doesn't include a second disc :whistle2:/ In fact, it might be false advertising...except I'm sure it tells you in small print somewhere on the box :lol:

Finally finished the DLC for this over the weekend. Lost In Nightmares was a lot of fun. Desperate Escape was alright, but I was ready to punch a kitten trying to finish it on Professional. Thank God that's over with.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Actually it has the vs. mode also so it's $19 MSRP worth of DLC.

The big thing on the Gold edition for PS3 owners is that they can get it all on 1 disc if they haven't bought the game yet. For us 360 owners, it's best just to get RE 5 cheap (I got it for $12 shipped from Gamefly) then buy whatever DLC you want a la carte.[/QUOTE]

Ah well shit the bed then. I didn't know it came with Vs.

And I can understand the PS3 version, although what exactly is the benefit to it being on one disc as opposed to having it on DLC?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Hope. Not if it's on Live Arcade.

Dang, that sucks if the 360 one doesn't include a second disc :whistle2:/ In fact, it might be false advertising...except I'm sure it tells you in small print somewhere on the box :lol:[/QUOTE]

Compared to the PS3, the owning sense is different, but if we're talking just 360, they're the exact same in that regard.

[quote name='foltzie']Dear Capcom, release a complete DLC pack and I'm there....[/QUOTE]

The one with both story DLCs and the new costume pack for $12 plus the $5 versus DLC (I'd recommend this if you want all achievements only, its not fun) is a $17 bundle, I'm not sure if there is any other DLC, maybe an earlier costume pack?

[quote name='Yamato']How is the versus content for RE5 anyway? Only DLC for RE5 I haven't bought yet. Worth it?[/QUOTE]

It's only $5, so I won't say it isn't worth it, but it's not that good. There are two modes. Slayers can be fun. It's basically competitive Mercenaries. You can shoot the other players, but for the most part, I find folks go by the gentleman's agreement that if you don't shoot me, I won't shoot you. Survivors, on the other hand, is just like a standard DM/TDM, and that's just...ugh. Imagine trying to shoot a non-AI with Resident Evil controls. Sound fun? Didn't think so.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It's only $5, so I won't say it isn't worth it, but it's not that good. There are two modes. Slayers can be fun. It's basically competitive Mercenaries. You can shoot the other players, but for the most part, I find folks go by the gentleman's agreement that if you don't shoot me, I won't shoot you. Survivors, on the other hand, is just like a standard DM/TDM, and that's just...ugh. Imagine trying to shoot a non-AI with Resident Evil controls. Sound fun? Didn't think so.[/QUOTE]
I think I'll try to find a used copy of RE5 and then just download the extra content later on.
Unless if the costumes actually do something to affect gameplay, they don't seem worth paying for to me short of a sale online.

Anybody wanna help me beat the two DLC stuff that is out? I want to play on professional but Normal is good as well. Just hit me up with a FR or a Message on XBL!

so is desperate escape worth the $5 to download it?

I did enjoy the more action packed levels of RE5 but I'd like to know what level(s) it compares to in terms of replay value and length to complete

[quote name='kyleboller']so is desperate escape worth the $5 to download it?

I did enjoy the more action packed levels of RE5 but I'd like to know what level(s) it compares to in terms of replay value and length to complete[/QUOTE]

Eh, kinda. It was okay but it's essentially a mercenaries level without a timer. Probably an hour and a half to two hours long on Professional your first time through. That's only because of difficulty though. Play on easy and it will likely be less than thirty minutes.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Anybody wanna help me beat the two DLC stuff that is out? I want to play on professional but Normal is good as well. Just hit me up with a FR or a Message on XBL![/QUOTE]

I would since I'm already on your FL but I really don't want to have to play through them again ;)

Already played through both of them around 3-4 times each when they first came out.

bread's done
Back