Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

[quote name='TC']Glad you asked that. I've been confused by this whole thing.[/QUOTE]
According to IGN, it seems the Gold Edition has all the DLC (costumes, modes, and episodes) sort of like the Fallout and Oblivion GOTY.

I think...:whistle2:s

does anyone play the vs modes dlc? im yet it buy and i would buy it only for the achievements, but if nobody plays its kinda pointless...

[quote name='matto1233']does anyone play the vs modes dlc? im yet it buy and i would buy it only for the achievements, but if nobody plays its kinda pointless...[/QUOTE]

I've got the DLC and need all the achievements. We would just need two more people to do the Team achievements.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I've got the DLC and need all the achievements. We would just need two more people to do the Team achievements.[/QUOTE]

One more person. :D

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']According to IGN, it seems the Gold Edition has all the DLC (costumes, modes, and episodes) sort of like the Fallout and Oblivion GOTY.

I think...:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

It's going to be just like the GoW 2 Game of the Year edition. The standard game disc, and a bunch of codes to enter to get the DLC. If you have the disc version on the 360, there's no need to get the Gold package. If you buy all the DLC it'll be around $20.

Or you could just get the new levels for $10, that's what I'm doing.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's going to be just like the GoW 2 Game of the Year edition. The standard game disc, and a bunch of codes to enter to get the DLC. If you have the disc version on the 360, there's no need to get the Gold package. If you buy all the DLC it'll be around $20.

Or you could just get the new levels for $10, that's what I'm doing.[/QUOTE]

$14 if you've already picked up Versus.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62335

And it looks like I was wrong. I thought that the Gold edition was getting two characters, making 8, but all 8 are in the standard downloads. Looks like I'll be picking up a point card in a few weeks. :)

I'm stuck on getting the war hero achievement. It's pretty much one or two hits from ANY ENEMY and your dead. Anyone have any tips or anything? I could really use some help, I couldn't even beat the first level on professional.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I've been doing versus with another CAG as well. Just need two more people to do the team ones. Hopefully some time this weekend.[/QUOTE]

What he said. We need two people to boost for the Team mode achievements.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I'll be on in about 30 minutes if we can get a group going.[/QUOTE]

I should be able to make it. Shoot me a message when you get on.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's going to be just like the GoW 2 Game of the Year edition. The standard game disc, and a bunch of codes to enter to get the DLC. If you have the disc version on the 360, there's no need to get the Gold package. If you buy all the DLC it'll be around $20.

Or you could just get the new levels for $10, that's what I'm doing.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the clarification.
We get ripped off w/ MS points here in Canada so I think I'm going to spring for the Gold version instead. Seems to be cheaper in the long run.
Not that I'd play VS. anyways...

[quote name='PR Mega X']I should be able to make it. Shoot me a message when you get on.[/QUOTE]
My bad, I had to run some errands. I'll be on right now if anyone is down.

[quote name='orbit18']So does anyone actually have the eggs? lol if so just pm me or add me on the 360 cause I only have shotgun and pistol unlimited ammo, and im trying to get all BSAA emblems.

edit: also can i just speed run thru each level in amature and get the rocket launcher ammo?[/QUOTE]

It's actually pretty easy to do the trick all by yourself. Once you find a single gold egg, you can start duplication. The egg farm on 3-1, it's almost guaranteed to provide you with a gold egg after a few visits.
Before then, the game it's relatively easy, so you don't even need them. It'll take you a bit of time to get to 45. But once you do, it's really, really easy.

The rotten eggs are more valuable, but also more scarce. I know on my first time through the game, I only found 2 legitimately and they were random drops on Level 5.

[quote name='Ma12kez']We have 3 on right now. We need one more if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

That was a pretty good boosting session. If you boost 30 wins for all 4 types, it takes about 4 hours each (roughly 4 minutes a round, times 30 is 120 minutes, times two for switching off).

Let's continue what we started later.

There's a new free piece of DLC called "Extra Figures" on the marketplace right now. Description says you'll be able to unlock new figures like Barry and Rebecca to your collection. I don't have any idea what they're for, though.

EDIT: There's also a new update out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']There's a new free piece of DLC called "Extra Figures" on the marketplace right now. Description says you'll be able to unlock new figures like Barry and Rebecca to your collection. I don't have any idea what they're for, though.

EDIT: There's also a new update out.[/QUOTE]

I checked it out today. It's 56 MB, and contains figurines for: Warrior Chris, Heavy Metal Chris, Business Sheva, and Fairytale Sheva (little red riding hood); plus Barry and Rebecca. These 6 figures come unlocked, but there's 4 more to be unlocked. In addition, the Extra Content menu is now available; which contains the two DLC missions and mercenaries reunion.

So I've gotten all 100g in Lost in Nightmares. Some good points, some bad points. It definitely has that old school RE feel to it. I kinda wish they'd remake the older games in that style. I wish there were more enemy types though. You can't playthrough it with Infinite Ammo either, even when you get all 100g that goes with it. There's a lot of speed-running potential there as well.

Mercenaries Reunion looks like a joke. You only start out with 2 characters. I think 2 more can be unlocked somehow. 2 will unlock with the next DLC pack. It's completely separate from regular Mercenaries meaning you can't play with characters from Reunion in regular Mercs and vice-versa, which makes it a sham.

Question for FurryCurry and KingBroly, how long were the length of the mission; say for the average player? Two, did the mission start off preloaded with default weapons? Meaning, nothing carried over from the main campaign? Plus, were any new achievements added for Lost in Nightmares?

For KingBroly, what did you mean by 100g? And is the mercenaries reunion unlocked with the purchase of Lost in Nightmares? Also, is mercenaries reunion playable in offline similar to the unlock, or only playable online like versus? thanks!

Lost in Nightmares is 400 MS pts ($5), and DLC is 537 MB.
Costume pack 1 is 160 MS pts ($2), and DLC is 128 MB.

Are there any achievements tied to that Costume pack/Mercenaries Reunion mode? Or are the new achievements just for Lost in Nightmares? I'd check, but I'm not home yet.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Are there any achievements tied to that Costume pack/Mercenaries Reunion mode? Or are the new achievements just for Lost in Nightmares? I'd check, but I'm not home yet.[/QUOTE]

Looks like just LiN. I didn't see any Mercs Reunion achievements.

Here is my review:

Lost in Nightmares was like a tease for what I want Resident Evil 6 to be like. Resident Evil 5/6 game engine/controls (except w/ run/walk and shoot) with the elements of survival horror that Resident Evil 1-3 had.

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the DLC, bravo to Capcom for releasing it, and listening to the fans on what they wanted. The first part of Lost in Nightmares in the mansion brought so many memories from the first Resident Evil 5. It was the same feeling I got when I played the Resident Evil remake on the Game cube. For a reasonable 400pts ($5) I highly recommend a download for anyone who liked Resident Evil 5, or any of the old Resident Evil games. This DLC really brings back the "survival-horror" element. There is a type of enemy in this DLC that will really have you running and making sure your shots count.

Throwbacks to Jill
playing Moonlight Sonata, picking locks or almost becoming a Jill sandwhich again
made tears come down my eyes. It was like a blessing from the Resident Evil gods.

So how long is this DLC? Well If you explore everything, try to shoot all the star emblems, read all the documents, etc then it took about 1.5 hrs give or take on a veteran play through for me to complete. Plus if you are achievement whores like me then you will end up playing 1-2 times again to get the professional & s rank achievements. Not to mention co-op is supported, so letting someone play with you can enhance the experience as well.

These are the achievements for Lost in Nightmares:
-Complete 'Lost in Nightmares' on any difficulty setting.
-Complete 'Lost in Nightmares' with an S rank.
- Inflict a set amount of damage to
Wesker
in 'Lost in Nightmares.'
-Destroy all 18 of the Score stars found throughout 'Lost in Nightmares.'
-Complete 'Lost in Nightmares' on Professional.

all total up to 100 gamer score points I believe. The other 100 will be for Desperate Escape when that releases on March 3 (360), March 4 (PS3). Adding the total from 1200 (w/versus content) to 1400 (once Desperate Escape is released)

Now the Mercenaries Reunion is another story. New playable characthers (Josh Stone, Excella, Barry F'n Burton, Rebecca Chambers) + 4 new costumes for Chris and Sheva (although only 2 are available now, the other 2 come out March 3/4) What is not to love about this?

I always loved Mercenaries, and having more costumes/characters is always a plus. The maps and enemies are still the same, but I could care less. I can have my Jill and Barry team, Rebecca and Chris team, or Jill and Josh team, maybe even a Barry and Wesker team, but oh wait... you CAN'T use the old Mercenaries characters (Jill, Wesker etc) with the new Mercenaries Reunion characters. The two modes (Mercenaries & Mercenaries Reunion are complete separate from each other) WTF Capcom? This ain't no reunion. Now I am hoping once you beat all the stages and get all S ranks on Mercenaries Reunion it will unlock the old characters, but that is just grasping for straws I think..

Well at least they replaced Josh Stone in Mercenaries Reunion as the voice to tell me when the helicopter is coming or if I am getting a nice bonuses with my kills with Jill Valentine's voice.

Although Mercenaries Reunion is free with the DLC, it is still a disappointment about the lack of not being able to use the old characters with the new along with no changes to the enemies, and stages. Both the costume pack for Chris and Sheva will be usable in the original Resident Evil 5 story mode, so for 160 points they are worth it for those looking to spice things up in the story mode or Mercenaries Reunion.

Bring on Resident Evil 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks for the review Tenzor, really looking forward to playing it.

Really wish they did a remake of 1 and possibly 2 & 3 with the RE5 engine.[/QUOTE]

1 got a remake already. 2 and 3 are superior games anyway!

I look back on playing two back when I was like 12 or 13 and it was some of the most fun I have ever had playing video games. Not to mention I beat RE3 a dozen times, and it was a blast too.

Part of what made the early games so enjoyable though was the atmosphere and that's gone now. The games were way more enjoyable and intense when there was a sense of helplessness provided by a lack of ammo and healing items, inventory space, and more zombies than you had bullets for.

The sense of helplessness was provided by the fact you weren't sent into the danger zone on some mission with the right equipment at your disposal. You just all of a sudden were balls deep in a zombie apocalypse and your mission was to simply GTFO! I think 4 still had a little of that; it was totally gone in 5 though with the inclusion of a partner and the fact that you work for an organization whose sole job is dealing with bioterror.

They also need to go back to zombies, fuck this plagas garbage. Give me flesh eating zombies! Brrrraaaains!!!!!

4 and 5 are great games, to a degree though I just wish they hadn't been called Resident Evil.

A remake of 2 and 3 though would be teh hotness though, but only if it remained true to the ammo shortages and what not.

[quote name='Ma12kez']If anyone wants to do Versus right now, we have a group of 3 going. We need one more.[/QUOTE]

Damn, and I had to go to bed early last night. I'd be up for doing VS tonight!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks for the review Tenzor, really looking forward to playing it.

Really wish they did a remake of 1 and possibly 2 & 3 with the RE5 engine.[/QUOTE]

+1, thanks tenzor! really appreciate the thorough write up. and thanks for the next DLC release date as well.
I'll be picking all four DLC's up. :)

[quote name='tenzor']Here is my review:

Now the Mercenaries Reunion is another story. New playable characthers (Josh Stone, Excella, Barry F'n Burton, Rebecca Chambers) + 4 new costumes for Chris and Sheva (although only 2 are available now, the other 2 come out March 3/4) What is not to love about this?
[/QUOTE]

Barry Burton? He better have the handcannon as a weapon.

Lost in Nightmares actually makes me like Resident Evil 5. Sure, I loved the RE5 story and all for providing a decent ending for the story that had been going on for years, but the game itself felt like a Michael Bay movie (although not as over-the-top as RE4). That's not what I think of when I think "Resident Evil." I did like the Licker sections and Wesker fights, though.

But with Lost in Nightmares, as short as it is, I can at least think of it as a Resident Evil game now. The mansion is very similar to the original, has a small bit of the classic atmosphere, plus the files were very interesting to read. I liked a lot of the smaller nods to the older games as well:
Such as going into a first-person view as you open doors, Jill showing off her "master of unlocking" skills, the windows of the hallway breaking (although bats fly in instead of Cerberus hounds)

This is hands-down my favorite mission of Resident Evil 5. The only things that could have made it better is if they had added zombies as enemies and if the game switched to static camera angles while exploring the empty parts of the mansion. Ooh, how I miss the old camera angles...

Also, Sheva was nowhere in sight. Woo-Hoo!!

bread's done
Back