Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2009/11/18/announcing_resident_evil_5_gold_edition

We are pleased to confirm today that a variety of new content for the hugely successful RESIDENT EVIL 5 will be available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 next year. We plan to release two new downloadable episodes, a host of new costumes, and a new “MERCENARIES REUNION” mode featuring 8 new playable characters and weapon load outs.
For those RESIDENT EVIL fans who prefer a box copy, we are also happy to report that we will be releasing a RESIDENT EVIL 5: GOLD EDITION that will include the original game plus all additional content, making this the ultimate Resident Evil 5 experience. RESIDENT EVIL 5: GOLD EDITION will be available for $49.99 as a single Blu-ray disc for the PLAYSTATION 3 or as a DVD with a token for the downloadable content for XBOX 360.

Check out the Press Release below for more info.

We are pleased to confirm today that a variety of new content for the hugely successful RESIDENT EVIL 5, will be available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 next year. We plan to release two new downloadable episodes, a host of new costumes, and a new “THE MERCENARIES REUNION” mode, featuring 8 new playable characters and weapon load outs.

For those RESIDENT EVIL fans who prefer a box copy, we are also happy to report that we will be releasing a RESIDENT EVIL 5: GOLD EDITION that will include the original game plus all additional content, making this the ultimate RESIDENT EVIL5 experience. RESIDENT EVIL 5: GOLD EDITION will be available for $49.99 as a single Blu-ray disc for the PLAYSTATION 3 or as a DVD with a token for the downloadable content for XBOX 360.
Previously only seen during cut scenes of the original RESIDENT EVIL 5, the first new episode titled “LOST IN NIGHTMARES”, finds BSAA agent, Chris Redfield, working with his partner, Jill Valentine, as they investigate Ozwell E. Spencer’s hideaway. Spencer, the evil mastermind and co-founder of Umbrella Corporation, has been hiding a new evil deep within the basement of his mansion. Chris and Jill discover this grotesque evil standing in their way as the two enter deeper into the catacombs beneath the mansion.

Simultaneous with the release of “LOST IN NIGHTMARES”, new costumes for Chris and Sheva will be made available, allowing the player to experience RESIDENT EVIL 5 with a fresh new look and feel through both game play and cut-scene playback. A new refresh of Mercenaries Mode, “ THE MERCENARIES REUNION”, gives players new playable characters and weapon load outs which provide players additional challenges as they aim to shoot down as many enemies as they can within a limited time. Each piece of downloadable content will contain two new playable characters. The GOLD EDITION will feature all eight.

More information regarding the second episode is still to come so be on the look out for more great RESIDENT EVIL info coming soon!
Looks like they are actually releasing a GOTY edition. I wish I went ahead and just traded in my copy back then, but it looks like all the extra content will be a code anyway in the new retail copy. Looks like they finally realized "alternative" sounded terrible.

Anyone confused by this statement:
Each piece of downloadable content will contain two new playable characters. The GOLD EDITION will feature all eight.
Does that mean that if we go the DLC route, then we'd have to buy all 4 DLC packs (damn costume packs) to have all the new characters or is it saying the Gold Edition is the only way to have all the new characters? It would be lame if these "new playable characters" are just the original characters with different costumes and load outs just labeled as "new playable character.":roll:

Sounds like I might've made the right decision in not grabbing this at 20.

I beat the game once on a rental, I'll probably get one of the Gold editions once it drops down around 30.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2009/12/17/new_re5_dlc_and_costumes:_desperate_escape

You've seen the first new bits of extended Resident Evil 5 content, including Lost in Nightmares. Now join Jill Valentine and BSAA Agent Josh Stone as they escape from the Tricell facility in Desperate Escape, the second downloadable episode for RE5.

Recently freed of a mind control device, a fatigued Jill Valentine has collapsed. Awoken by BSAA agent Josh Stone, Jill and Josh work together to escape from the Tricell facility under the darkness of night. Fighting off unrelenting waves of enemies in heart pumping blockbuster action, Jill and Josh race to assist Chris and Sheva in their final showdown with Albert Wesker.

Simultaneous with the releases of DESPERATE ESCAPE and LOST IN NIGHTMARES, new costumes for Chris (Heavy Metal) and Sheva (Business) will be made available, allowing the player to experience RESIDENT EVIL 5 with a fresh new look and feel through both game play and cut-scene playback.

Chris and Sheva in these new costumes as well as Josh Stone will also be playable in the refreshed THE MERCINARIES REUNION. Along with the two previously announced characters, Chris (Warrior) and Sheva (Fairy Tale), these are the first five of eight characters announced as playable in THE MERCENARIES REUNION. Each with their own unique weapon load-outs, these new characters provide additional challenges as the player aims to shoot down as many enemies as they can within a limited time. Chain together your kills, extend your time and rack up points. Featuring the most extreme weapon selections, THE MERCENARIES REUNION provides hours of new strategy induced kill sprees.

DESPERATE ESCAPE, LOST IN NIGHTMARES and all new playable characters for THE MERCINARIES REUNION will be available via a RESIDENT EVIL 5: GOLD EDITION that will include the original game plus all additional content. The ultimate RESIDENT EVIL5 experience, RESIDENT EVIL 5: GOLD EDITION will be available for $49.99 as a single Blu-ray disc for the PLAYSTATION 3 or as a DVD with a token for the downloadable content for XBOX 360.

It's available either as DLC or in the Gold package.

Edit: Destructoid article is better and has the schedule (although no pricing) on the DLC.
http://www.destructoid.com/resident-evil-5-desperate-escape-revealed-detailed-158092.phtml#ext

The first DLC episode that takes place in eerily similar mansion to RE 1 comes out in February. The DLC episode announced today comes out 1 week before the RE 5 Gold Edition.

If you already have RE 5 there's no reason to get the Gold package as the 360 Gold version is just DLC codes in the box. The PS3 version gets this content both as separate DLC for existing owners, or all on 1 Blu-Ray for new customers who buy the Gold version.

I'm really surprised Capcom is still releasing RE 5 Gold against FF XIII in the US. I guess they figure they're getting their money from this as downloads with existing customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Halo05']Fifty bucks?! Boourns.

Maybe it'll get a DotD on Amazon early on.[/QUOTE]

Particularly for a retail package that is apparently the original edition of RE5 and a $14 DLC voucher.

That sucks they're screwing over Xbox customers like that. They could just include a second disc!

Oh well, have to keep holding out. That's going to be awesome if Resident Evil and Final Fantasy really launch the same day :whistle2:D

Made the decision easy... have RE5 on 360, so I'll pick up the Gold Edition for PS3. Well, barring any gigantic differences in quality, obviously.

[quote name='J7.']Wait, so how many DLC's are there that are going to come out besides this one?[/QUOTE]

Mid-Feb.
First Mission with Chris and Jill (estimated $5)
First Costume Pack (estimated $2)

First week of March
Second Mission with Josh and Jill
Second Costume Pack

[quote name='Mospeada_21']careful not to team up with a RE5 veteran though. they'll have upgraded weapons, or unlimited ammo, and ruin the initial 'challenging' experience.

best played with another 'newcomer' especially on the first playthrough. but definitely find a human partner to replace AI Sheva; cause you'll want to shoot her yourself on several occasions if you let AI take helm.[/QUOTE]

Oh be fair, she "trys" really hard. Just give her a stun stick as soon as you can and just treat her like a mobile briefcase.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']careful not to team up with a RE5 veteran though. they'll have upgraded weapons, or unlimited ammo, and ruin the initial 'challenging' experience.

best played with another 'newcomer' especially on the first playthrough. but definitely find a human partner to replace AI Sheva; cause you'll want to shoot her yourself on several occasions if you let AI take helm.[/QUOTE]

I'm not much of a horror fan, even one as light as RE5 (RE4 gave me goosebumps but was mostly playable) so I don't think I'd mind playing with a vet if it means I don't have to worry about being surrounded. Having played the demo a few months back, my greatest fear of the game is being forced to play with AI Sheva o_O

I just did my speed run on Amateur for my infinite rocket launcher. The game has become a joke on easier difficulties. Anybody looking to hit up Versus is more than welcome to contact me. I need some of those achievements and haven't even used the game mode yet.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Mid-Feb.
First Mission with Chris and Jill (estimated $5)
First Costume Pack (estimated $2)

First week of March
Second Mission with Josh and Jill
Second Costume Pack[/QUOTE]

Thanks MSUHitman! I was searching for release dates on these DLC to add to my calendar.

So $14 in total? ain't bad I guess. I wonder if any of your upgraded weapons would carry over?

So let me make sure I understand this correctly.

The gold edition of the game is 50.00. It comes with all the DLC that's come out so far (two versus modes, 2 costumes packs and 2 missions, estimated at about 20.00).

The Xbox 360 version comes with all this on DLC cards, and the PS3 version is bundled on the one Blu-ray with motion control support.

Am I missing anything?

[quote name='seanr1221']So let me make sure I understand this correctly.

The gold edition of the game is 50.00. It comes with all the DLC that's come out so far (two versus modes, 2 costumes packs and 2 missions, estimated at about 20.00).

The Xbox 360 version comes with all this on DLC cards, and the PS3 version is bundled on the one Blu-ray with motion control support.

Am I missing anything?[/QUOTE]

Just that the PS3 motion control support wont work until the controller is released later this year, and may require updates to RE5 if the motion controllers SDK/firmware are still be in flux.

I just beat this game the other day, and was wondering if there is a quick way to get money because I'm flat out broke. I really want to get infinite ammo on a bunch of stuff.

[quote name='orbit18']I just beat this game the other day, and was wondering if there is a quick way to get money because I'm flat out broke. I really want to get infinite ammo on a bunch of stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'd say the easiest way would be to do the egg trick. You should be able to find some "how to" videos for it on YouTube.

[quote name='Speed Racer']I'd say the easiest way would be to do the egg trick. You should be able to find some "how to" videos for it on YouTube.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I got close to 750,000 for a few hours work. And that was just with Gold eggs, not even rotten eggs.

If you dont want to do the egg trick, just beat the game a second time. You should rack up enough funds to get the infinite ammo weapons and upgrade a few choice pieces.

You'll also get the needed points to unlock unlimited ammo on weapons that dont come automatically with unlimited ammo.

FYI under the 'Coming Soon' section on the XBOX Live Marketplace that shows up every now and then, it has the new episode listed as coming soon, as well as items for the X360 Avatars, no pics or further details though.

[quote name='orbit18']Does anyone mind giving me a bunch of rotten eggs? lol or any quick way toget them :p

I have the 360 version[/QUOTE]

If you get a few, hook me up with one too, yeah? My brother is going to need a few for when the DLC comes out. I'll do all the work myself though. :)

[quote name='foltzie']If you dont want to do the egg trick, just beat the game a second time. You should rack up enough funds to get the infinite ammo weapons and upgrade a few choice pieces.

You'll also get the needed points to unlock unlimited ammo on weapons that dont come automatically with unlimited ammo.[/QUOTE]

The only problem with this is that by the time you beat the game a second time, you have no desire to go back to replay with your super weapons.

At least with the egg trick, you're mostly playing a single section to get what you need. Of course, you can argue either way.

[quote name='dragonjud']The only problem with this is that by the time you beat the game a second time, you have no desire to go back to replay with your super weapons.

At least with the egg trick, you're mostly playing a single section to get what you need. Of course, you can argue either way.[/QUOTE]

Well there are four difficulty levels, so if you are looking to be completist its a good option. Also unlimited ammo is a function of level earned "Exchange" points for most weapons. Which sorta of seem like Capcom's way of realizing there would be grinding bugs they couldnt easily patch.

So does anyone actually have the eggs? lol if so just pm me or add me on the 360 cause I only have shotgun and pistol unlimited ammo, and im trying to get all BSAA emblems.

edit: also can i just speed run thru each level in amature and get the rocket launcher ammo?

[quote name='orbit18']edit: also can i just speed run thru each level in amature and get the rocket launcher ammo?[/QUOTE]

Thats how I got my infinite launcher. Theres that running total in Chapter Select screen. Use it to your advantage.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Sorry if its been answered, but has it been confirmed saves from RE 5 will work with RE 5 Gold?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this too, but I really don't see why they wouldn't (at least for 360), as the disc will probably be the same disc with different artwork. All the bonus stuff is a DLC code.

I'm trying to figure out which would be cheaper - to buy the game used and buy the DLC or to buy the Gold Edition new.

The Gold edition (not counting costume packs) comes with 2 mission DLC packs that'll be $10 each and the $5 versus mode from shortly after launch?

If so, I think it'd be slightly cheaper to buy the Gold edition from Amazon.

[quote name='Trakan']I'm trying to figure out which would be cheaper - to buy the game used and buy the DLC or to buy the Gold Edition new.

The Gold edition (not counting costume packs) comes with 2 mission DLC packs that'll be $10 each and the $5 versus mode from shortly after launch?

If so, I think it'd be slightly cheaper to buy the Gold edition from Amazon.[/QUOTE]
This is also what I'm trying to figure out.
I have a $45 credit from trading in MW2 (good riddance) and was looking at either getting a Wii (to play my old GC games mainly) or a PS2, but since I'm low on cash maybe RE5:GE might be the the way to go.
I guess Zelda and Eternal Darkness will have to wait.

[quote name='Trakan']I'm trying to figure out which would be cheaper - to buy the game used and buy the DLC or to buy the Gold Edition new.

If so, I think it'd be slightly cheaper to buy the Gold edition from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

You are correct.

I'm going to guarantee right now someone will have it for $40 instead of $50 MSRP during launch week, OR someone is going to have a $10 GC with purchase.

According to NeoGAF, the DLC missions will be $5 each, making the gold edition look like shit.

Might get it if you're right and it's at $40 launch week.

Capcom said originally that the Gold Edition would be $50. Makes sense (in their way of thinking) as the MSRP for the regular edition is $30 now (Greatest/Platinum Hit status.)

I would just get the game used and buy the two single/co-op mission DLC packs for $10. Forget the costumes. Too bad you didn't get it used from Gamefly ($10) during the New Years Sale. Some Targets have it clearanced for $20 so you might try there. Gamestop used price is $25 before Edge.

Also looks like the mission will come out next Tuesday, as that's when the avatar costumes come out.

Forgive me CAG, for I have sinned. I bought this game retail new with a bunch of GS credit I wanted to burn. Friends who were going to pick it up fell through, I got distracted by Left 4 Dead and the game is still wrapped.

I've been combing the last few pages of this thread for info on DLC vs Gold Edition and I'm just trying to confirm that this is right.

I should be able to download all of the content of the content that's in the Gold edition and not have anything that's exclusive to the Gold Edition and requiring me to buy it for exclusive Mercenaries characters or something right?

Best guess so far is around $20 in DLC. Mercenaries mode is $5, Mission packs at $5 apiece, and costume packs at $2. Anything I'm missing or got wrong?

I'm pretty sure that's right. The game disc included with the Gold Edition is the exact same as the version that's already out, it just has different cover art and includes a download code in the package for the new DLC. Same as the Gears of War 2 GOTY edition.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Forgive me CAG, for I have sinned. I bought this game retail new with a bunch of GS credit I wanted to burn. Friends who were going to pick it up fell through, I got distracted by Left 4 Dead and the game is still wrapped.

I've been combing the last few pages of this thread for info on DLC vs Gold Edition and I'm just trying to confirm that this is right.

I should be able to download all of the content of the content that's in the Gold edition and not have anything that's exclusive to the Gold Edition and requiring me to buy it for exclusive Mercenaries characters or something right?

Best guess so far is around $20 in DLC. Mercenaries mode is $5, Mission packs at $5 apiece, and costume packs at $2. Anything I'm missing or got wrong?[/QUOTE]

Glad you asked that. I've been confused by this whole thing.

bread's done
Back