Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

[quote name='KingBroly']Make another email address so I can make another account. I'm not doing that.[/QUOTE]

That's great. You can stop posting in the thread then while the rest of us who took two minutes out of our day to play the demo, enjoy it.

3 free trials per 360.

EDIT: Make sure you guys make a hotmail email account before hand and choose Japan. You'll need a Japanese prefecture/postal code/telephone number. Google makes this very easy.

Well, I "beat" the second area, haven't managed to "beat" the first area.

Having an AI buddy is kind of annoying/distracting while I'm fighting off zombies. I'd rather play solo the first time to beat it and then co-op after. (i did try co-op a couple times though, it was good).

I like the girl, nice accent.

Still has that Resident Evil feel to it, not super fast paced like other shooters.
Graphics are gorgeous, not a jaggie in sight (uh oh PS3). The only bad are some ugly textures from indoor objects and very minor screen tearing towards the top which isn't too distracting.

EDIT: I guess I'll give my full impression.
Sound is ok, sound effects are weak though.
The guns don't feel like that have much weight, or power. The rifle, machine gun, even the shotgun... they all felt weak.

So far, not as amazing as when you first played RE4.

I'll give the demo a 6.5/10. Still good. I think online co-op will be what makes the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you get it downloaded, you can log out of the Japanese acct and play it on your normal gamertag. It paired me with a guy from California who was doing the same thing.

You won't get in trouble for it either. The only time they get pissed is when people go over the free trials amount.

I knew I held off making a Japanese acct for a particular reason :D my german one is long old.

I have a 48 hour gold trial code thanks to L4D, I know we used all 3 of our free gold trials for this Xbox.. would that code work with a jap account? :whistle2:s

48 hour codes dont allow Gold downloads.

BTW, how do you beat each scenario? I must have loaded the Executioner with 20 shotgun blasts but nothing happened.

anyone having any luck making a new account right now?
its been saying sign ups are unavailable for the last 2 hours for me

edit: that's gay i still couldn't make one WTF!
well i used one of my free 1 month gold trails and put it in my old Japanese XBL account and i can confirm that it works
downloading now

Last edited by a moderator:
the first area you pretty much just survive for a couple of minutes until a helicopter shows up and blows up a gate so you can leave and then it ends

second are i still haven't beaten.

[quote name='guyver2077']anyone have the instructions again on how to make the jap account?[/QUOTE]

1)make a new email
2)make a new XBL Gamertag
3)Google a japanese address (maybe a hotel)
4)Fill out XBL account info with Japanese country, address, phone #

damn this game is hard

[quote name='guyver2077']anyone have the instructions again on how to make the jap account?[/quote]
Quick Guide to Getting Japanese 360 Gold:

• Go here: http://www.passport.net/
  • Sign up a new account, Click "No, sign me up for a free MSN Hotmail e-mail address"
  • Pick JAPAN for your country, pick Tokyo-to as your Prefecture 150-2345 for your zipcode
  • Keep going, and then have it set you up with a @hotmail.com address.
  • Go to your 360, and create a new profile. Log in using your hotmail address on your 360, and it should set it to Japan.
  • If this is less than your 4th trial account you get gold free, so select yes when it asks you. (the RE5 demo requires Gold standing)
How to actually download the demo via Japanese Xbox LIVE Marketplace:

• Login to your Japanese Gold account
  • Once logged in press the xbox button in the middle of your controller to bring up the "old" dashboard
  • Navigate to the market place tab, then go to Game Marketplace
  • From Game Market place navigate all the way down to ALL GAMES
  • Then from ALL GAMES. Then go to "ALL" (instead of trying to understand japanese alphabet). Then just scroll through all the games until you get to BioHazzard 5 (it should be 270 of 40
  • Once you get to BioHazzard 5, the first screen should say "Get Demo" and viola you are downloading the demo. Should be like 472 MBs.
Now go have fun! Thanks to the crazy people at Neogaf for helping out with the instructions at 3:20 in the morning.

[quote name='GAF'] 1. Download the 5 files in the same folder
2. You will have 5 files called "Resident Evil 5 Demo.part1.rar/part2.rar/part3.rar etc
3. Right click on Part 1, select "Extract Here". That's all you have to do.
4. Depending on your PC speed, go have piss or a shit.
5. When you come back you'll have a folder called "Content"
6. Simply burn the folder called Content to a CD/DVD.

Pop disc in 360, go to Demo's in your game library, should be listed there (in JPN language)[/quote]:0)

I just played this with a friend. Man, these visuals are impressive. And it was great fun.

Didn't like the controls though. Everything was so unintuitive compared to RE4 on the GameCube.

Should be a lot better when we're not playing under time constraints (he had to get to class) and I figure out exactly how everything works.

Fun game, plays just like RE4. Graphics are great. Controls are taking a little time to get the hang of.. Running and all that is fine, but left bumper + right trigger for knife is kinda weird, so is Y for inventory, but I'll get the hang of it.

[quote name='Scorch']Fun game, plays just like RE4. Graphics are great. Controls are taking a little time to get the hang of.. Running and all that is fine, but left bumper + right trigger for knife is kinda weird, so is Y for inventory, but I'll get the hang of it.[/quote]I like the option of switching the controls to RE4 style, but using X for shoot when the 360 controller has this nice thing called a trigger would blow my mind. I'll just have to suck it up and burn these controls into my brain.

Edit: Actually, after looking through the controls again, Type B may be what I learn.

Jeeze, the guide above to make a JPN account was really complicated it's not that hard.

1. Change "locale" of your system to Japan.
2. Make a new profile.
3. Connect to XBL, and join.
4. Since your locale is Japan, it's automatic. I didn't enter an address, or anything, I just used a spare email address and made up a name and phone number.
5. Done.

However burning the demo to a CD (it's less than 650mb) is the best option, but I wanted a japanese account anyway.

fuck...
that first level was simple once you go through the huge hole in the wall that the ax/executioner guy makes. All that wasted time huddled around the first house *sigh*

[quote name='dallow']Jeeze, the guide above to make a JPN account was really complicated it's not that hard.

1. Change "locale" of your system to Japan.
2. Make a new profile.
3. Connect to XBL, and join.
4. Since your locale is Japan, it's automatic. I didn't enter an address, or anything, I just used a spare email address and made up a name and phone number.
5. Done.

However burning the demo to a CD (it's less than 650mb) is the best option, but I wanted a japanese account anyway.[/quote]

Is this going to fuck with my profile in any way? I really want to download this, but I'm a bit nervous as I'm not entirely sure what changing my locale will do. Will I even be able to navigate through Japanese menus? Or does it still display in English?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Is this going to fuck with my profile in any way? I really want to download this, but I'm a bit nervous as I'm not entirely sure what changing my locale will do. Will I even be able to navigate through Japanese menus? Or does it still display in English?[/quote]
Just remember how you get to the game marketplace and you'll be fine.
Search all games and find Biohazard 5. (it was #270 on the list last night)

And you can change the 'locale' after you download it no problem.
Won't mess with anything.

i burned it to a CD but i dont see anythin when i put it in my 360. =(
nothin shows up in the Demo section. lol i feel like a noob. burn as a Data CD right?

I made a jap account. It gave me 1 month of xbl gold, and I can download any demo except for Resident Evil 5. If I try that game it says it isn't available in your area. I think I'll have to get it off media.

I burned it to a DVD and it works fine. I just burned the Content folder as per the instructions and it shows up under demos.

Quick tip, start + select skips the cutscenes in case you are playing the first scenario over and over like me.

The gaming Gods want let me play this... First I had a problem downloading it from xbl, and then I had a problem downloading the third part from media, and was finally able to. My 360 has been giving unreadable disc errors for a while, and I start up that demo, and don't get no farther than that loading screen... :bomb:

[quote name='lolwut?']Is there anyway to install it to the HD off the CD? It's a bit chuggy off CD[/QUOTE]Yes, but you need to have a cable to connect your 360 HDD to your PC and use the third party "Xplorer 360" software. The official 360 data transfer cable works fine.

Download it via the Japanese Marketplace and you can run it off the hard drive. Takes less than 10 minutes.

RE5 coop in these two short chapters is more fun than all of RE4 was.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Yes, but you need to have a cable to connect your 360 HDD to your PC and use the third party "Xplorer 360" software. The official 360 data transfer cable works fine.[/quote]

Is that Xplorer thing freeware? I still have my migration cable (no disc though)

And my impressions: I have to get used to the controls. I switched to the RE4 version, but something feels off about them. I'm going to play the second level and try to learn the new ones. It's cool to have a partner, and the quick switching of weapons is nice. The models look gorgeous. Dunno if it can top RE4 though...

bread's done
Back