Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

[quote name='dastly75']Does anyone else have crazy long loading times? Is it because of the demo or the fact that I burned it to a cd...?[/quote]The fact that you burned it to a CD.

My only complaint about the game is how quiet the zombies are. I'm so used to the loud uuuggggghhhhh from the first few RE games (or even the Spanish from RE4) that I just don't know there are zombies around me half the time in this game.

[quote name='Malik112099']having to combine my shotgun ammo with my shotgun = fail[/quote]

Hold the left trigger and press A.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What does combining the ammo with its gun do that normal reloading doesn't?[/quote]

Nothing, it's just way slower.

Is it just me, or is the handgun a lot more effective on the spike-axe guy than the shotgun - 2 or 3 headshots and he's stunned, letting you uppercut him, repeat until dead (either you or him).

Wish there was a reload button when you want to reload a non-empty gun and not use the inventory screen.

Played with my cousin a lot. Much better than playing solo.

I think co-op will be the saving grace of this game.
I doubt I'll get this first day anymore, was a bit disappointed after more time with it. If my co-op buddy picks it up, I will too.

Anyone else having problems playing with a friend? It kept saying our game was closed to the other person after we invited each other, I've had no problems playing with random people though.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Anyone else having problems playing with a friend? It kept saying our game was closed to the other person after we invited each other, I've had no problems playing with random people though.[/quote]

your friend's NAT is dampening your style

Is anyone else not too impressed with this game? I feel like the controls are really convoluted and when you are aiming you are very limited on movement. The buddy system is kinda clunky too. Maybe this just isn't my bag. The last RE that I really enjoyed was Code Veronica on the Dreamcast. The graphics are real purdy though...

after 7000 times through RE4, I picked the controls with no problems. Gameplay wise, the demo is a lot like RE4, except more enclosed and with more enemies. The areas you fight in are not as interesting as the opening village area in RE4, but are still fun. Sheva took care of herself and seemed to do some "warping" back behind me when I wasn't looking, which is nice for single player.

still day 1 for sure. The rest of the game should be pretty sweet...it's nice how Capcom only shows like the same 10 minutes of RE games in various forms and from different angles in the year leading up to their release, keeps it all a surprise and RE level design is almost always amazing.

[quote name='dallow']Wish there was a reload button when you want to reload a non-empty gun and not use the inventory screen.[/QUOTE]

You just have to press the A button while aiming (at least in the Type A control scheme).

[quote name='zewone']Press A to run.[/QUOTE]

or click & hold the left stick which you'll be able to use your right stick to turn, atleast on type D.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']The fact that you burned it to a CD.

My only complaint about the game is how quiet the zombies are. I'm so used to the loud uuuggggghhhhh from the first few RE games (or even the Spanish from RE4) that I just don't know there are zombies around me half the time in this game.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this is just something they left out of the demo. If you notice when you get chainsawed it doesn't cut your head off so there are a few things missing that would normally be in the final product.

[quote name='dallow']Wish there was a reload button when you want to reload a non-empty gun and not use the inventory screen.
[/QUOTE]

Hold LT (or LB, I forget) and press A.

You are correct Kyattsuai, Zew, that made it a bit quicker. I just played the demo again with a friend.

For some reason, it got into my head that you could only reload when you fire with no ammo.

They need to ramp up the Sheva's AI a bit. In the 2nd level, at the chainsaw guy part, I ran back to an alley, making sure that enemies could only approach from 2 directions. I faced one way, and began taking out approaching zombies.

Sheva...standing directly behind me, just stands there as chainsaw guy runs up behind me and cuts my head off. Why would she not stand back to back with me and take out enemies coming from her direction? She had a freaking machine gun! Is this too much to ask?

[quote name='lilboo']Does the demo have local co-op as well?

:lol: I still can't get this fuckin demo to work, :rofl: :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I played local co-op today
it splits the screen horizontally and leaves a black space on the top right and bottom left
whoever gave them this idea needs to be slapped in the face

and i dont know if you're burning it right
but use a program like Nero
go to Nero Express and select a Data CD

the initial loading of the disc is kinda skippy but after that it works like its playing off the HDD

[quote name='retail sucks']Hopefully this is just something they left out of the demo. If you notice when you get chainsawed it doesn't cut your head off so there are a few things missing that would normally be in the final product.[/quote]

I don't think the Japanese version will feature any decapitations. The Japanese version of RE4 didn't show Leon getting his head cut off either.

Played the demo a few times last night and I suck. Keep in mind I didn't play RE4 yet, but did pick control type A because I plan on playing RE4 soon. How many shots does it take to take down big guy with the axe? I emptied 2 clips on him got him down to his knees and he just keeps coming. Not to mention I have the other freaky zombies coming after me en mass. Any tips, help, pointing and laughing?

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Played the demo a few times last night and I suck. Keep in mind I didn't play RE4 yet, but did pick control type A because I plan on playing RE4 soon. How many shots does it take to take down big guy with the axe? I emptied 2 clips on him got him down to his knees and he just keeps coming. Not to mention I have the other freaky zombies coming after me en mass. Any tips, help, pointing and laughing?[/QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure you cant kill him
i emptied 10 shotty rounds on him and like 4 pistol clips
I'm not a big fan of Resident Evil myself and the Demo didn't really buy me
But my buddy and I like to play co-op online games and this will be one of them

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Hmm I can't seem to find it still after burning it to a disc.

It should just show up in my games library, right?[/quote]Correct. It seems that some burning programs mess the process up - most people recommend Nero.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Correct. It seems that some burning programs mess the process up - most people recommend Nero.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay. I just used the default Windows burning program. Downloading the Nero trial now. It's taking forever to install.

If theres anyone else on a mac, the only way I got it to work was using "Burn" a free burner for os x. Toast didn't work for me.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Played the demo a few times last night and I suck. Keep in mind I didn't play RE4 yet, but did pick control type A because I plan on playing RE4 soon. How many shots does it take to take down big guy with the axe? I emptied 2 clips on him got him down to his knees and he just keeps coming. Not to mention I have the other freaky zombies coming after me en mass. Any tips, help, pointing and laughing?[/QUOTE]

My brother and I killed him in co-op, just keep shooting him in the head, the pistol works best with it's precision, when he drops to one knee do a melee, he'll eventually die.

It's harder to kill him playing singleplayer because you have to make up for the AI's lack of skill in comparison to playing with a friend, you end up having to put to much focus on the regular enemies in singleplayer. It seems head shots will only bring him down though you may be able to do damage with grenades but I'm not sure.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i'm pretty sure you cant kill him
i emptied 10 shotty rounds on him and like 4 pistol clips

I'm not a big fan of Resident Evil myself and the Demo didn't really buy me
But my buddy and I like to play co-op online games and this will be one of them[/QUOTE]

You can kill him. :joystick::twoguns::boxing:

[quote name='mang9432']If theres anyone else on a mac, the only way I got it to work was using "Burn" a free burner for os x. Toast didn't work for me.[/QUOTE]

IDK know anything about MAC, but on PC I use Sonic Record and it works fine. A LIVE friend of mine was having trouble using IMG burn(?) and he had to DL & use Sonic Record instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're into viral marketing stuff, a friend of mine got an email from Capcom that was related to RE5:

It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. www.residentevil.com/kijuju It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju. It came from Kijuju.

pretty cool. i'm not too into the RE storyline, but I am wondering what Chris is doing in africa and whether he gets roid rage in game.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']

Pretty cool. Don't really get into this kinda stuff but it has my interest a bit. Anyone notice anything else?[/quote]

What this viral is about
Click on the site link www.residentevil.com/kijuju
and bring the candle to the number 1 all the way to the left. Now you gotta enter a code. Once you enter the code, you can view the video

The demo is a lot of fun. 2 areas, the one they showed @ E3 w/ the chainsaw guy and another w/ a big dude with an axe. Both are fun, definitely gonna pick this up in March.

Does co-op work on the demo?

[quote name='supraazn']Yup, Offline Split screen and Online.[/quote]

Microsoft is now blocking online co-op for now Japan players. Kinda pisses me off.

[quote name='spydey']Microsoft is now blocking online co-op for now Japan players. Kinda pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

wow, thats lame.

I made a japanese account a month or two ago, but it was never a gold. I've only used one of the gold trials as well. The link for the files is down as well. Ughhh...I just wanna play the demo. :(

Will 48 hour codes work? I don't have one but I'm curious.

Microsoft went all out on this matter.
I can't even play the demo via CD anymore while signed in on LIVE.
I mean all i have to do is play it offline but still .... those bitches.

I should have played more online co-op while it was still up, but i figure i had plenty of time.
Alwell AI and split-screen will have to do.

[quote name='trunks982']for some reason, it doesnt load the game anymore. it used to work.[/quote]

read my comment 2 post up from yours.

[quote name='trunks982']for some reason, it doesnt load the game anymore. it used to work.[/quote]
Just tried it myself and it won't load even if I sign out of Live.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just tried it myself and it won't load even if I sign out of Live.[/quote]

I just tested right now and it Still works via CD offline.

So i guess its working off a CD but not working off the HDD.

bread's done
Back