Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

I'm serious i just played the whole 2nd level not 15 mins ago (so addicting btw)
So yea i don't know why your having trouble.

So was it working for you before on that exact CD? Like its no burning error or something.

Because i didn't do anything special.
I got a regular old 360 with a US account.

Played the demo yesterday, and it was just like Re4 exept for the real time item menu, and partner. Although it seemed much harder than I remember RE4 being

[quote name='BigD63']Played the demo yesterday, and it was just like Re4 exept for the real time item menu, and partner. Although it seemed much harder than I remember RE4 being[/quote]

well i mean it just threw you into the middle of the game, i am sure when you get to those two areas regularly in the game it wont be as difficult.

This game still wont let you move and shoot, and that is a good thing.
Its how Resident Evil should be, and change would be detrimental to the series.

Run and shoot now possible :whee:
While browsing through Capcom's wordy Resident Evil 5 demo press release, we came across an interesting nugget of information that'll even pique the interest of those who already ninja-played the Japanese RE5 demo.

Specifically, with the upcoming demo, Capcom will let gamers "choose between the classic 'Resident Evil'-style controls or switch to the newer 'Action' controls inspired by games like 'Gears of War 2' and 'Halo 3.'" Yes sir, the new (and obviously, way better) action controls will be accessible in the new demo and will actually let players move AND shoot at the same time. Epic win! Oddly enough, the action controls weren't available in the already released Japanese demo.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2009/01/14/re5-demo-to-include-new-action-controls-option/

I hope that they allow you to walk while using the knife too.

nope.

"Update: While the new demo will include the option to use the new action controls, were were mistaken in regards to what the action controls let you do. They WILL NOT let you move and shoot at the same time, but will allow aiming with the right thumbstick. How ... innovative?"

It looks good, on the controls, there has always been complaints of camera angles and controls for probably every single Resident Evil game that was made.

But I have to bitch about how huge they made Chris Redfield and how the hell do you kill off Jill Valentine? One of the coolest female game characters out there?

208328-2.jpg

quick noobish question, I kno the Demo is only gonna be available for 1 week so that means silver membership users will never get it, but if you have a 48 hour trial code will that allow you to get gold member demo downloads?

Mark my words. Jill is in the game. Basic marketing. The gravestone is a diversion and hype builder.

Oh, and the demo will be available EXCLUSIVELY for a week... not only for a week. This means that it will be available one week before the PSN demo is available for download. They're not going to remove it. But to answer your question, NO.

EDIT: I was very very wrong. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too sure about that guardian.
I'm pretty sure I remember back when i didn't have Gold and was surviving on a bunch 48 hour codes, i still had to wait a week for new demos.

[quote name='GuardianE']Mark my words. Jill is in the game. Basic marketing. The gravestone is a diversion and hype builder.

Oh, and the demo will be available EXCLUSIVELY for a week... not only for a week. This means that it will be available one week before the PSN demo is available for download. They're not going to remove it. But to answer your question, NO.

EDIT: I was very very wrong. Sorry![/quote]

I hope so! Jill is one of the coolest game characters out there.

the collector's edition should have been this:

-Steel Book Case
-Game
-Bonus DVD
-Wesker Report Part 2
-Full Soundtrack
-Tricell Viral USB Drive (the Japanese one, with the sweet packaging for it)

Priced at $79.99, not $89.99

[quote name='tenzor']the collector's edition should have been this:

-Steel Book Case
-Game
-Bonus DVD
-Wesker Report Part 2
-Full Soundtrack
-Tricell Viral USB Drive (the Japanese one, with the sweet packaging for it)

Priced at $79.99, not $89.99[/quote]But that would exclude the best part of the featured CE: Africa. Around your neck.

My thoughts with the Jill death, which her tombstone is shown at the very end of the TGS theatrical clip that debuted today on the Marketplace:

Mark my words, that hooded figure in heels from the TGS video released today that infects the first African and is seen fighting Chris and the other chick to help Wesker will be Jill. Wesker will have either brought her back to life or faked her death to put her under his control so she could be Eve to his Adam. No point being the evolution of the species if you can't continue the bloodline. :)

Also I concur that CE is crap for $90. I'm getting the SF 4 one, but not this one.

Has any body heard if its going to have a mercenaries(love that) minigame like RE 4? I thought I had heard something about it awhile back.

HOLY CRAP THAT'S ONE SICK COLLECTOR'S EDITION!

Enough of Caps Lock.

I'm quite amazed by the design of the logo. Anyway, I think this game will be fantastic (I'm getting into the Resident Evil series). I'm definately going to get this demo, just wish the 26th would hit sooner. I saw the Resident Evil: Degeneration CG movie last night, and it was awesome!

Tricell, the new adopters of Wilpharma.

Wow I'm blind. Just noticed the co-op was LOCAL as well as Online. That is huge news for my household because me and my wife love co-op games. It's the reason I got Gears 1 on release and she was hugely anitcipating Gears 2. Now she'll be anticipating the new RE once I let her know of the news.

Anyways I already pre-ordered my ultra expensive RE5 collectors edition. I figure at the VERY WORST I could most likely sell the collectors off. RE fans are pretty rabid, case in point the RE4 gamestop gamecube limited edition which went for a pretty penny at one time.

[quote name='ChrisHookz']Thanks, learned something new today :lol:[/quote]

Queuing up downloads via xbox.com was one of the features added in NXE.

Um...I beg to differ. A few reasons if I may.

#1 - Unclear Mission Objectives. Dying needlessly because you have no direction whatsoever is bullshit. Trying to find a key while a fucking chainsaw guy runs at you in a narrow street is not my idea of awesome, especially when the AI help is retarded.

#2 - Respawning Enemies. It sucked in COD4, and it sucks here.

#3 - The ally control button. It's way too easy to push it. It also doesn't auto-switch like it did in RE4. You have to hold it then press up on the d-pad for Shiva to attack. A basic press puts here into Cover mode. It should auto alternate with a press.

bread's done
Back