Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

[quote name='lolwut?']Is that Explorer thing freeware? I still have my migration cable (no disc though)

And my impressions: I have to get used to the controls. I switched to the RE4 version, but something feels off about them. I'm going to play the second level and try to learn the new ones. It's cool to have a partner, and the quick switching of weapons is nice. The models look gorgeous. Dunno if it can top RE4 though...[/QUOTE]Yes. I used "Xplorer360_extreme2.exe".

Drive --> Open --> Harddrive or mem card...

Then just browse to partition 3 of your drive, the "content" folder and stick the RE5 demo where it should be, going by the file structure of the extracted demo folder.

Why is everyone saying they have to get used to the controls? There's like one or two buttons that are different from the RE4 controls.

Also, you can quick swap weapons by pressing up and left on the d-pad.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Yes. I used "Xplorer360_extreme2.exe".

Then just browse to partition 3 of your drive, the "content" folder and stick the RE5 demo where it should be, going by the file structure of the extracted demo folder.[/quote]

Alright. Thanks bro, I'll try that.

Trakan: I know they are similar, but it feels a bit weird. If it's any consolation to you, I went back to play RE4 on my PS3 today and it felt a bit weird as well. I guess I've just been playing too many typical third person shooters lately.

[quote name='Trakan']Download it via the Japanese Marketplace and you can run it off the hard drive. Takes less than 10 minutes.

RE5 coop in these two short chapters is more fun than all of RE4 was.[/quote]

For some reason I can't download it. It keeps saying it isn't available in my area. I did exactly what Dallow posted. I can download any other demo,but the one I actually want. I was able to put it on a disc,but it doesn't work all that well since I get unreadable disc errors from time to time.

[quote name='Trakan']Why is everyone saying they have to get used to the controls? There's like one or two buttons that are different from the RE4 controls.

Also, you can quick swap weapons by pressing up and left on the d-pad.[/quote]

What do you mean "that are different"? They're all different. FYI, there's never been a Resident Evil, let alone Four, on an Xbox console.

And do you really expect someone who doesn't have an Xbox console to magically know how everything works in 15 minutes? Come on now.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']What do you mean "that are different"? They're all different. FYI, there's never been a Resident Evil, let alone Four, on an Xbox console.

And do you really expect someone who doesn't have an Xbox console to magically know how everything works in 15 minutes? Come on now.[/quote]

FYI, both the Gamecube controller and the 360 controller and even the PS2/3 controllers have left and right triggers. You press the trigger to shoot instead of A. You hold the left bumper to knife instead of the right trigger in 4.

Yes, if you've held a video game controller from a system made in the past 8 years, and have played RE4, I expect you to know how the controls work.

[quote name='Trakan']FYI, both the Gamecube controller and the 360 controller and even the PS2/3 controllers have left and right triggers. You press the trigger to shoot instead of A. You hold the left bumper to knife instead of the right trigger in 4.

Yes, if you've held a video game controller from a system made in the past 8 years, and have played RE4, I expect you to know how the controls work.[/quote]

Trigger to shoot? What setting are you using, lol.

And Mojimbo, are there any drivers I need to install onto my PC? The xplorer software isn't detecting my HD

[quote name='lolwut?']Trigger to shoot? What setting are you using, lol.

And Mojimbo, are there any drivers I need to install onto my PC? The xplorer software isn't detecting my HD[/quote]

Type "B" controls.

The plug and play drivers seemed to install on XP automatically. You might also wanna try using the beta 6 version of the software, which I believe is the most recent. Might also be a Vista problem.

[quote name='Mojimbo']The plug and play drivers seemed to install on XP automatically. You might also wanna try using the beta 6 version of the software, which I believe is the most recent. Might also be a Vista problem.[/quote]

Got the Beta 6. Plugged it in and the computer recognized it (I heard the ding), but no install. I use XP

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Hmm...

Just made a Jap. Account, and got "this demo isn't available from your current location"[/quote]

Mine kept saying that a long time ago.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Yes. I used "Xplorer360_extreme2.exe".

Then just browse to partition 3 of your drive, the "content" folder and stick the RE5 demo where it should be, going by the file structure of the extracted demo folder.[/QUOTE]

Good shit, Thanks!

[quote name='seanr1221']Region locked now? I'm assuming I'll be ok since I started the DL earlier (but didn't finish it)[/QUOTE]

Maybe.

[quote name='Scorch']Ha, now that it's region locked, watch them pop all the ones that downloaded it and burned it to a DVD.[/QUOTE]

always a smart move to ban paying customers for downloading something that's free.

I don't like it. My guys is wearing 50lb iron shoes walking in molasses. You get 1 bullet for every 2 zombies. Does anybody here want my demo?

[quote name='zewone']Press A to run.[/QUOTE]

What he said, but I'll add that the controls feel stiff until you get used to them. The player doesnt feel so stiff when you are running and using the short cuts on the go. Quick swap your weapons, reload while not having to bring the item menu up etc etc.

yea i used Nero 8 to burn it as a Data CD. i just got home. i guess ill try for the 3rd time. ehh.

*edit*

i got it now. i used Nero again. but i used the Nero Burning ROM section instead of StartSmart

There will be two kinds of opinions on this game-- those who are pissed that it's too actiony like Gears of War and those who are pissed that it doesn't control enough like Gears of War.

Dammit...are the mediafire files still ok? I tried downloading part5 and it got like 99% of the way then timed out. Now, when I restarted the download, it's being slow as hell. I assume if I can get, playing while disconnected from Live won't put me at risk right?

[quote name='ninja dog']There will be two kinds of opinions on this game-- those who are pissed that it's too actiony like Gears of War and those who are pissed that it doesn't control enough like Gears of War.[/quote]

I hate the Gears-esque controls. They just don't feel right for an RE game to me. I think I was using Type C which is a lot like RE4 and it seemed pretty good. I was still getting my ass kicked, but at least I wasn't fighting with the controls.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I hate the Gears-esque controls. They just don't feel right for an RE game to me. I think I was using Type C which is a lot like RE4 and it seemed pretty good. I was still getting my ass kicked, but at least I wasn't fighting with the controls.[/quote]

I was using Type C, because ultimately, it feels more natural, but I was getting my ass handed to me. The "strafe camera" is worthless when running around. I kept getting hammered from behind because I couldn't see 2 inches over my shoulder.

I then switched to Type A because it's more applicable to the gameplay style. I hate not being able to strafe. But since you can't shoot while strafing anyway, this is at least more useful when running/fleeing since the camera moves with you. That ax-man is a son of a bitch!!!

[quote name='gordojones88']You get 1 bullet for every 2 zombies[/QUOTE]
Shoot them in the head, then run up and punch/kick them. Smash barrels/crates, observe your surroundings. There's a lot of ammo.

Well I started playing the demo again and in the middle of it I got a message that it couldn't read the disc. That was strange so I just said screw it and I'm going to play Fallout 3.

On second thought, I don't think I'm going to download this. I don't know, something about playing a RE5 demo so early and suddenly seems....wrong. I'm going to wait.

i downloaded with my japanese XBL account
also burned it to a CD to see if it actually works
and i'm surprised it does

Just wondering, wouldn't you be able to play XBLA games like this as well? or probably just trials?

I love it, controls are a bit weird at first but I got used to them. The detail is amazing, as expected.

Also the online works like a charm, I played with several japanese people no problem. I was lucky enough to download it before the IP block.

[quote name='Scorch']Ha, now that it's region locked, watch them pop all the ones that downloaded it and burned it to a DVD.[/quote]

Won't happen. They don't banhammer people for downloading a demo regardless of the region. Eternal Sonata, NG 2, etc. It's not a new phenomena. You also don't need a modded Xbox to play it off of burnt media.

i burnt the demo to a dvd-rw and on the system it comes up as a mixed media disc. but it does not show up in the demo section.

anyone know if it only works with dvd-r ?

edit ---

tried burning to a verbatim dvd-r using imgburn and it didn't work... trying a maxell cd-rw now

edit ---

couldn't get any of the discs to use that i burned using ImgBurn, switched to Nero and it worked no problem.

in short, don't use ImgBurn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn just saw this and tried my Jap account and needed gold..... Signed up a new account and now it's region locked...... Cock teasers! :(

Edit: just found Mojimbos link, thanks a ton! I'm going to try it now!

Edit 2:Works perfectly, used a Memorex cd-r and Nero burning as a data disc. Demo is awesome, I don't see what everyone is complaining about with the controls. I used the standard setup and it's just fine. My biggest complaint is now I have 4 months untill I can play the real thing. At least i'll be even more excited if that's possible since RE4 is right around the top of my favorite games list.

[quote name='seanr1221']They changed my japanese account to American! :[

Looks like I'll have to DL it on the computer...[/QUOTE]

mines still japanese, but i made mines over a year ago
XBL is all in Japanese and my address and everything is still there

edit: looks like they locked me out the demo, shows up as an incomplete file now
tried redownloading it and it says it can't complete

Munch, I made mine early yesterday.

Unfortunately, I only got to 16% before I had to go to work, but I brought my 360 to school because a few of my friends wanted to check out the game. The connection has been fubar here all week though, and if never finished :[

I'll just DL it later today on the comp.

[quote name='munch']I just don't understand why you're making japanese accounts (unless you just want one). Burn it to a disc.[/quote]

Yea the disc method works perfectly. I was scared the first time because it took FOREVER to load. I was thinking this is gonna suck ass but every load after the first goes like what I assume a HD load would be.

My impression of the game started off bad, but after like 4 attempts, it got better. I played online with some random people and beat the two levels. The controls do take some getting used to. I'm just so used to Gears of War that I had a hard time playing at first.

I don't get all the complaints on the controls. Its perfect and fine. They tweaked RE4's controls and now I think their perfect. Was very easy to get used to, despite playing GOW2 everyday.

I have a problem with the co-op though. I feel that having a partner removes much of the fear in the game, as now you have someone else to rely on and help you. Also, the music (or lack of it) dissapointed me

bread's done
Back