Wii Point Card Giveway - no catch, signup needed. (Daily contest)

VideoGameFreak

CAGiversary!
Hey guys,

Check this out: http://www.LetsPlayWii.com/wiiPointsGiveaway

The are giving away one Wii Points card every day for awhile (they said maybe even for the whole year). You just have to be the first one to enter it into your console since every code is only valid once.

If someone here gets it, post that you are the winner on this thread!

Good luck!

~

[quote name='VideoGameFreak']The are giving away one Wii Points card every day for awhile (they said maybe even for the whole year). You just have to be the first one to enter it into your console since every code is only valid once.[/quote]

Sounds like a catch to me. :p Still, thanks for the heads-up, should get interesting when they've only got one or two digits left....

I'm going to go ahead and say that this is impossible to win...

In fact, it could be possible that the people at the site are entering in the code themselves, before they reveal the whole thing, just so they can get visits to the site...

But thanks OP!

I was too late...

Anyone from here get it? I originally got emailed the link because I was one of the first people to do the true.com offer they had running - so I don't think there's much competition right now since the link to the contest is not posted anywhere on their site.

I tried for tonight's code but no dice even though I was refreshing the site like every second. I think quadomatic is right when he said that the people at the site are entering in the code themselves, before they reveal the whole thing, just so they can get visits to the site.

YES! I won it! The 12th digit went up at about 9:20 CST and the last four popped up at about 9:57.

Oh man, that's rad as hell! I used the site previously to get a $20 Visa card when they were hit hard with the true.com deal. I think I'm actually going to use it again with this GE Critics Choice Entertainment because it's a free 30 day trial.

PICT1236.jpg

[quote name='iowaholdem']YES! I won it! The 12th digit went up at about 9:20 CST and the last four popped up at about 9:57.

Oh man, that's rad as hell! I used the site previously to get a $20 Visa card when they were hit hard with the true.com deal. I think I'm actually going to use it again with this GE Critics Choice Entertainment because it's a free 30 day trial.[/QUOTE]

Good job, you beat me (obviously). :)

I was refreshing a lot! I fumbled around a bit too, mis-clicked some numbers and had to erase. I was very surpised to win! And very excited!

EDIT: I did go ahead and sign up for their promo too. Hurray for free Wii Points! Hopefully it doesn't take 6 weeks to get the Wii Points this time. Has anyone else used the LPW.com promo recently?

[quote name='Charron']Sounds like a catch to me. :p Still, thanks for the heads-up, should get interesting when they've only got one or two digits left....[/quote]
the catch is that your visiting their website repeatedly. i think it's a pretty smart idea. it's a nice looking site too

Add another "catch" or rule:

Based on the response we recieved yesterday, we've added a new rule - only 100 page refreshes per 60 minutes. If you exceed this, you won't be banned or anything - you'll just see a message saying that you've used them up. And this doesn't mean that you'll be locked out for the remainder of the hour, it is just based off of the previous 60 minutes.

[quote name='zerowing']Is it easy to cancel that Critics' Choice thing?[/quote]
They provide a phone number and a mailing address for you to make your cancel request. The good thing I noticed about the GECCE is that you're allowed to share the program with your immediate family. And they offer 10 or 20% off movie tickets. I'm not sure if I'll use the service or not, I need to spend more time looking into it before I make my decision.

[quote name='XorpheusX']Missed it. Wii Shop lets you use USB keyboards now, right? I bet that would make it way easier.[/quote]

Just put in the beginning of the code before the rest is revealed. That way you only have to input like 4 digits instead of the entire code all at once.

[quote name='life.exe']Just put in the beginning of the code before the rest is revealed. That way you only have to input like 4 digits instead of the entire code all at once.[/quote]

Well yeah, that's exactly what I did. I'm just saying that the USB keyboard option would probably make it way easier, if it is possible.

Actually, no. They must have known about this topic and seen my post. After reading that, I did leave a note on their new forum at the top of the page thanking them for the contest.

guys please don't enter it. leave it for a less fortunate brother who has never tasted the joys of the virtual console to enter the number.

*upon saying that WiiGame sees more people jump in to enter the number for Wii Points*

[quote name='WiiGame']guys please don't enter it. leave it for a less fortunate brother who has never tasted the joys of the virtual console to enter the number. [/quote]
In that case, may I point you to my signature referral links so you can earn some Wii Points?

GamingLagoon - Earn free gaming gear. My prizes: (2) Wii Classic Controllers, (2) Nyko Wiimote Charging Stations
[URL="http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=2637"]PrizeRebel[/URL] - Earn free gaming gear (Like GL, but faster and less drama). My prizes: (1) Wii Nunchuck

Lets try not to turn this into "you can get free points (insert site here)" .. the giveaway is really, really slow .. I bet they'll drag every night out until the last hour.

[quote name='Foladar']Lets try not to turn this into "you can get free points (insert site here)" .. the giveaway is really, really slow .. I bet they'll drag every night out until the last hour.[/quote]
You're right. That was mostly just a joke. If anyone wants me to, I'll remove it from my post.

But it was a joke reply to a joke post. He knows others aren't going to let him win, and I know he knows about my sig - if he cared to read it, that is.

But in reply to your post, last night the code was posted at 9:57 CST. It's 9:51 now, but a lot more numbers are missing this time.

[quote name='Foladar']I'm thinking someone fell asleep or something .. 48 minutes with four to still post.[/QUOTE]

I see 7 X's left... 1191-9944-5XXX-XXXX

Yeah, it says it right under, something about the last four come at once .. 22 minutes with 4 to go .. something probably came up.

I actually remembered to keep checking this site today and now they're not posting the numbers...unless they are just building the drama.

[quote name='ihadFG']I actually remembered to keep checking this site today and now they're not posting the numbers...unless they are just building the drama.[/quote]

I'm betting on them pulling a fast one on us and posting the last seven numbers all at once.

bread's done
Back