Wii Point Card Giveway - no catch, signup needed. (Daily contest)

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is this the same website that people were getting free Wii points from signing up for offers?[/quote]
Maybe. There are a handful of sites that give Wii Points for signing up for offers. http://www.letsplaywii.com/promo gives away a card for ONE credit card required offer, which currently is GE Critics Choice Entertainment. It's a free 30 day trial and has to be canceled over the phone or by snail mail.

Other webpages are called GamingLagoon and PrizeRebel (as the most popular options) in which users sign up for LOTS of free trials (and some credit card required offers) to earn enough points to get Wii Points and other prizes.

Yes, this is the same website that people were getting free Wii points from .. its been on here a few times, they were the same site that had the True.com promo.

I bet it stalls now for 60 minutes so all the refreshes are used, and its only goin fast because it started mega slow and they have two codes to do.

Damn! People are fast.

That seemed pretty fishy. I was refreshing constantly and as soon as it appears, it was already used.

Yeah, that one went way too fast .. I was refreshing every few seconds, and saw it right away, put it in and didn't even see it had points on it, was already gone.

[quote name='naes']Damn! People are fast.

That seemed pretty fishy. I was refreshing constantly and as soon as it appears, it was already used.[/quote]

It only takes a half second and quick set of fingers.

If you noticed, 3 people from CAG posted at the same time (7:53) saying it was used.

I trust this site though, I wonder if someone found a way to get the Wii Points number before it was posted.
[quote name='KingofOldSchool']It only takes a half second and quick set of fingers.[/quote]

[quote name='naes']Damn! People are fast.

That seemed pretty fishy. I was refreshing constantly and as soon as it appears, it was already used.[/quote]

yeah me too, i thought I might have actually got it but no :(

I was sitting at my wii for like 10mins for the code once the 12th appeared, ready to enter the code, and then bam! code there, went as fast as possible, but to no avail... :( hope the second one isn't as tricky as the first

Hmm, I wonder if we should use Tor to get infinite refreshes...

I dunno, it's tempting but I don't want to screw over people who are following the rules.

It was me again! Honest though, there's no foul play. I'm just refreshing the same as you guys. I keep the wiimote in one hand and the F5 button on the other. And then click and pound the OK and redeem button as soon as the connection starts thinking.

I won't try for more points (at least not for a few days :)) because I don't wanna upset anyone. Good luck to the rest of you!

[quote name='naes']If you noticed, 3 people from CAG posted at the same time (7:53) saying it was used.

I trust this site though, I wonder if someone found a way to get the Wii Points number before it was posted.[/QUOTE]
It would take alot of entering to get the possible combination using a random number generator, and without a keyboard, probably impossible by the time it was already posted.

What the fuck?

Seriously.
[quote name='iowaholdem']It was me again! Honest though, there's no foul play. I'm just refreshing the same as you guys. I keep the wiimote in one hand and the F5 button on the other. And then click and pound the OK and redeem button as soon as the connection starts thinking.

I won't try for more points (at least not for a few days :)) because I don't wanna upset anyone. Good luck to the rest of you![/quote]

I'm sure that if it's an automated script that there would be a way to force it to appear on your end before it LetsPlayWii.com, but that'd be hard and Iowa claimed to get the code, again.
[quote name='Foladar']It would take alot of entering to get the possible combination using a random number generator, and without a keyboard, probably impossible by the time it was already posted.[/quote]

[quote name='naes']I'm sure that if it's an automated script that there would be a way to force it to appear on your end before it LetsPlayWii.com, but that'd be hard and Iowa claimed to get the code, again.[/quote]
Don't be a dick because I had better luck than you. I'm not doing anything you're not. Refresh refresh refresh and good quick timing. I don't know how to hack anything, and if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't do it for a Wii Points card.

I already said I'm not going to try for more points. But if you really want points, use LPW's promo offer. That's a guaranteed 2000 Wii Points there for free.

Iowaholdem > us. >_> Especially me. I haven't gotta a Wii points card yet so when i saw the 2 lines for code, I thought it was a 32 digit code. @_@ I saw the first line completed and was like "Ok, less than half way to go!"

How am I being a dick by saying you got the points, and then emphasizing on again?
[quote name='iowaholdem']Don't be a dick because I had better luck than you. I'm not doing anything you're not. Refresh refresh refresh and good quick timing. I don't know how to hack anything, and if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't do it for a Wii Points card.

I already said I'm not going to try for more points. But if you really want points, use LPW's promo offer. That's a guaranteed 2000 Wii Points there for free.[/quote]

[quote name='chewster777']Haha, way to go. You have hands of lightning, iowaholdem![/quote]
hey he doesn't have that user name for nothing.

anyways... congrats iowa! you got 4000 free points in 3 days. how are you gonna spend it? or are you going to save them for the future?

i only wanted 2 games (mario and zelda both for 64) and got them, thanks to LPW. i knew if somebody was to win twice there would be some fighting words...especially since were all cheap ass gamers... so for me personally i didn't even dare to try.

[quote name='naes']How am I being a dick by saying you got the points, and then emphasizing on again?[/quote]
My bad if you weren't meaning to be rude... but with the "what the fuck" comment and then making a statement about hacking and putting my name in the same thought, I thought you were trying to say I was cheating. If you weren't, my apologies. Thanks to everyone for the congratulations, and good luck to all of you with the rest of the codes!

Man this guy who runs the site is smart, I mean you can go to the Referral Central section, where you offer $25-30 for the same offer that this site is asking you to do... and they only invest $20/ref. Smart guys... I might start something similar sometime soon.

Meh, my odds of winning aren't worth me even trying.

Although congrats to the dude who already won twice...yeesh.

[quote name='WiiGame']hey he doesn't have that user name for nothing.

anyways... congrats iowa! you got 4000 free points in 3 days. how are you gonna spend it? or are you going to save them for the future?

i only wanted 2 games (mario and zelda both for 64) and got them, thanks to LPW. i knew if somebody was to win twice there would be some fighting words...especially since were all cheap ass gamers... so for me personally i didn't even dare to try.[/quote]
I think I'm going to nab Shinobi III and maybe that Kirby Golf game. I'm really hoping for some good 64 and SNES games to be released soon. And since I am a CAG, I might sit on some points for some WiiWare. I'm excited about that whole line of downloads.

When I said "What the fuck?", I said that because you're too goddamn fast. :wall:

And when I first thought someone cheated, you haven't even posted yet :lol:
[quote name='iowaholdem']My bad if you weren't meaning to be rude... but with the "what the fuck" comment and then making a statement about hacking and putting my name in the same thought, I thought you were trying to say I was cheating. If you weren't, my apologies. Thanks to everyone for the congratulations, and good luck to all of you with the rest of the codes![/quote]

[quote name='naes']When I said "What the fuck?", I said that because you're too goddamn fast. :wall:

And when I first thought someone cheated, you haven't even posted yet :lol:[/quote] Well then my apologies for jumping on you. But someone did post anonymously on the LPW forum accusing me for shady business before I read your post here, so I was already on the defense.

EDIT: And holy shit, justblaze. I just read your signature. Those are some serious prizes you've earned there. My 4000 Wii Points seems pretty minimal now! Ha! How long has it taken you to earn all that? What's your secret?

the competition seems upped. when i saw this on the first day all i saw was one post as to somebody who tried, and now its increasing exponentially

i saw the reply over there, 25-30 minutes after isn't too quick though.

[quote name='WiiGame']the competition seems upped. when i saw this on the first day all i saw was one post as to somebody who tried, and now its increasing exponentially[/QUOTE]
its always been alot of people, just people are coming out and talking about it now, lol

[quote name='Administrator']Congrats Iowa
smiley.gif

We've decided to try something different for the last code to add a little more luck into the mix. We'll post a poll sometime to see what you guys think of it.

Instead of posting the last four digits at the same time, we're going to do them one at a time a few minutes apart. That way if the code is 1234-1234-1234-12XX there will be a 1 in 100 chance of guessing it, and at the 15th digit there will be a 1 in 10.

Sorry if mixing this up is an issue for anyone - we're just experimenting trying to find what works best for everyone.

We also have an idea for a second contest too, but more on that another day
wink.gif
[/quote]
What do you guys think of that?

I think its stupid, because people will attempt to guess the code, they have to atleast post the last two or three digits together, imo.

[quote name='Foladar']I think its stupid, because people will attempt to guess the code, they have to atleast post the last two or three digits together, imo.[/quote]
I'm with you Foladar. I think it's a poor idea personally. But you know, it's worth a shot. At least one person will like it!

I'm also thinking since they've mentioned a second contest already, that this one won't go beyond day 5 but perhaps they'll run them together.. Another thing is if this does go by day 5, they should really make it random between 12-12 like it suggests, rather than always in the last few evening hours (today being an exception due to having two codes)

[quote name='iowaholdem']I'm with you Foladar. I think it's a poor idea personally. But you know, it's worth a shot. At least one person will like it![/quote]

Yeah, the person who guesses it correctly.

Yeah, I think they need to have one code release finished at like 3PM one day to really throw people for a loop. I also think that they should release a random amount of numbers too. Like maybe when there are 6 numbers left, just release them all at once, that way it'll be serious luck if someone's refreshing at that point.

[quote name='Foladar']That wouldn't occur, since the hours are noon to midnight central time though.[/quote]

Where does it say that? Central time is understandable, but why would they do noon-midnight?

Its right in their long blob of text:
We will say though that we enter the digits between noon and midnight CST.

Did they put out the numbers every 5 seconds or something? I looked and two went up real quick, and then the next four were already up .. darn phone going off.

bread's done
Back