CAGcast #95: Baby On Board

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
CheapyD talks about life as a new father and Wombat reveals his new job in the gaming industry. We also discuss the latest releases, gaming news, answer your questions from the CAGbag, and so much more!

Enter our CAGcast Theme Song Contest! Win $100 CASH!
Win a copy of Manhunt 2 (Wii, PS3, PSP) and Zack & Wiki schwag!

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast95.mp3[/media]
Download - 125 minutes, 57MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Get your "Free" CAG "Play Cheap" Bracelets
Not exactly free, will cost you 2 stamps

Send a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) to:

CAG
P.O. Box 354
Merrick, NY 11566

You'll need 2xEnvelopes and 2x$0.41 stamps

sase.jpg

Writen instructions, just in-case.
Step by step instructions:

1. You'll need two envelopes and two $0.41 first-class stamps.

2. On Envelope 1, in the middle of the envelope, write your
name and address (just like you are planning to mail yourself
a letter). Put our return address in the upper left corner.

3. Stick one stamp in the upper right
corner of Envelope 1. Do not seal Envelope 1!
If you live outside of the USA, do not affix postage on Envelope 1.

4. On Envelope 2, in the middle of the envelope, write our
address as follows:
CAG
P.O. Box 354
Merrick, NY 11566

Put your return address in the upper left corner.
5. Stick one stamp in the upper right corner of Envelope 2.

6. Fold Envelope 1 so that it can be inserted into Envelope 2.

7. Insert Envelope 1 into Envelope 2. Seal Envelope 2.

8. Mail Envelope 2 (which now contains Envelope 1) to us.

Show Linkage/Notes
(click the button below to expand):

Bonus Media

The Wombat Show Song
[media]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/wombatmomsong.mp3[/media]

Trixie (Xbox) interviews Wombat
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAVGvBBa7-g[/media]

Hopefully this isn't a 2 hour baby bore fest. I can't wait to listen. That stuff is just getting a little old.

*EDIT* Oh boy, what a way to start. This show will be the start of the Adcast probably.

Awesome!

Over 2 hours! I will listen now!

EDIT: hey the Arbiter is on the CAGcast lol
The dude in the Navy ad is the same guy who does the voice fo the Arbiter

[quote name='MrsLSpear76']Wombat kinda looks like a pedophile in this video. Like one of those guys on DateLine NBC "To Catch a Predator." LOL.[/quote]

Clearly you are confusing him with Brad Childress.

This CAGCAST is brought to you by the US Navy. Talk about selling out. Maybe Cheapy didn't get enough CAGs to preorder Rock Band for those high commissions. The CAGCAST is a joke.

And come on Cheapy... let go of your Rock Band scam. Posting it over and over in your news section, telling us how many people are preordering it and how great it is, and how many people have preordered it already... next you'll be telling us how many people have ordered the HD DVD package you linked to. "Wow, so many people have preordered Rock Band, it's great, get in on the action, just click this link!" Pathetic. Stop with your scams already...

Now there are 3 Navy advertisements in the show? Just because you think it will help you in the eyes of the gaming world? ARE YOU FRIGGIN' KIDDING? First of all, the Navy is the gayest of all the military branches. Secondly, You run a site about getting games cheap. You're not the media. You just have friends who work for the media that put you over. The Podcast helps, but don't forget why you can do this for a living. Thirdly, no one will think any more of you just because you put ads in the show. I hope it's worth pissing off your fans for it.

People will defend you because they like you, but when they look at your so called reasons and no longer are blind to it... you will be just like your underwear, ripped.

Thanks, now when I sleep listening to the show, I will be getting subliminal messages to join the Navy.

Yay, the moron known as LSpear has returned!

You know, it's blatantly obvious you're using multiple accounts when you post in succession at 2:00 in the morning.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Now there are 3 Navy advertisements in the show? Just because you think it will help you in the eyes of the gaming world? ARE YOU FRIGGIN' KIDDING? First of all, the Navy is the gayest of all the military branches. Secondly, You run a site about getting games cheap. You're not the media. You just have friends who work for the media that put you over. The Podcast helps, but don't forget why you can do this for a living. Thirdly, no one will think any more of you just because you put ads in the show. I hope it's worth pissing off your fans for it.

People will defend you because they like you, but when they look at your so called reasons and no longer are blind to it... you will be just like your underwear, ripped.

Thanks, now when I sleep listening to the show, I will be getting subliminal messages to join the Navy.[/quote]

There's something you have to realize about Cheapy and Wombat. They are two nobodys who dream of being in the industry. They also like money. Therefore it is not suprising that Cheapy would accept money from ANY sponsor wanting to advertise on his show -- because in the end Cheapy gets MONEY from it. Cheapy's site is "cheapassgamer" yet he posts "deals" consisting of expensive HD-DVD drives and Rock Band bundles. Why? Does he want to help you save money, or does he want to make money for himself? The answer is obvious to anyone with half a brain. Can you blame him though? We all love money. These are two guys talking about games and if they can get paid and get free games, it's all good for them. But for you... hmmmm.

Enough with the ad bitching. If you don't like it, GTFO. No one's forcing you to listen to the show or hang around here.

Edit: Good show, shipwreck. and good riddance to bad rubbish.

Now on to enjoying the show...

Welcome back lspear76! Now where did I put that... oh there it is:

banneduser.jpg

Please note: This banning is brought to you be general douchery.

Uh, what the hell? I could of sworn Wombat said he picked up RE4 for the Wii as well on a previous CAGcast.

I guess he lied.

[quote name='MrsLSpear76']There's something you have to realize about Cheapy and Wombat. They are two nobodys who dream of being in the industry. They also like money. Therefore it is not suprising that Cheapy would accept money from ANY sponsor wanting to advertise on his show -- because in the end Cheapy gets MONEY from it. Cheapy's site is "cheapassgamer" yet he posts "deals" consisting of expensive HD-DVD drives and Rock Band bundles. Why? Does he want to help you save money, or does he want to make money for himself? The answer is obvious to anyone with half a brain. Can you blame him though? We all love money. These are two guys talking about games and if they can get paid and get free games, it's all good for them. But for you... hmmmm.[/quote]

Yeah, but the site does not only contain "Cheap" and "Ass" in the title, it also contains the word "GAMER" Cheapy D and Wombat are gamers like all of us and gamers dont just buy things that are on sale. the Cheapest CAGs out there have still bought a hot anticipated title for full price on the day it is released.

1.Cheapy posts the Rockband listing on the front page because it is a hot item that will sell out when it is released. He is alerting us when a chance to pre order comes up on Amazon because Rockband is going to sell like mad.

2. When has Cheapy put up a HD-DVD listing that did not involve a Price cut or free items included with purchase. Just because an item is expensive, that does not mean that it can have a good deal.

3. How are either Cheapy D or Wombat nobodys? they dont dream of being in the game industry - They are in the game industry. Regardless of what you may think of this site, CAG is a part of the Video Game community industry and gets a hell of a lot of attention from mainstream gaming outlets.
Both Cheapy D and Wombat are Invited to industry events. Are you?

4. Sell outs? did you not hear that Cheapy is donating his half of the ad money to charity. Wombat just bought a home and with a buy like that any dollar earned counts. The CAGcast is recorded,produced, and put up for download free of charge. both Cheapy and Wombat take time to produce this show for us to listen to without asking anything in return. There is absolutely no reason to freak out when a 30 second ad pops up in the cast.
both 1UP and IGN podcasts all have ads.

[quote name='JDUB X']

3. How are either Cheapy D or Wombat nobodys? they dont dream of being in the game industry - They are in the game industry. Regardless of what you may think of this site, CAG is a part of the Video Game community industry and gets a hell of a lot of attention from mainstream gaming outlets.
Both Cheapy D and Wombat are Invited to industry events. Are you?

[/QUOTE]

I realize you're trying to defend Cheapy and Wombat, but with statements like that you might want to let them handle defending themselves. That kind of arrogant statement, regardless of the quality of poster you're responding to isn't doing them any favors.

[quote name='dysuriai']So LSpears was banned for speaking his/her mind? That doesn't sound right.[/quote]

LSpear is a known Troll. This is no where near the first we have seen of him.

I believe Cheapy would donate it because he wants to, plus he wants to avoid flak from the ads as a smaller part. Since he said it's all part of some grand plan to get respect by industry folks. It won't work I think. I have no problem with Wombat getting money, since he doesn't get any money from the site selling anything.

"There is absolutely no reason to freak out when a 30 second ad pops up in the cast.
both 1UP and IGN podcasts all have ads."

Yes, there are many perfectly good reasons for the listeners to be pissed. Just because other people do it, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. That is the worst arguement ever.

Banning that guy if all he did was speak his mind, was wrong. Maybe he didn't do it in the best way, but it's still his opinion and it shouldn't be silenced. Now if he did other crap before and wasn't allowed back in the first place, that is a different story.

[quote name='dysuriai']So LSpears was banned for speaking his/her mind? That doesn't sound right.[/quote]
He was banned for being a consistent douche bag and now he is banned again for using multiple accounts and being a douche bag.

This is Lspear's 3rd account. They have all been been banned for trolling (the CAGcast forums). He was given warnings, but just wouldn't stop.

You would think that somebody who hates us so much wouldn't want to hang out here...

[quote name='Trenchalicious']

"There is absolutely no reason to freak out when a 30 second ad pops up in the cast.
both 1UP and IGN podcasts all have ads."

Yes, there are many perfectly good reasons for the listeners to be pissed. Just because other people do it, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. That is the worst arguement ever.

[/quote]

Web sites cost money to run - Why should that money not come from the site? No one complains about the ads on the CAG site itself. Listeners can fast forward through the ads just like CAG viewers can simply choose to not look at the banner or google ads.

I don't see the big deal, but I was a supporter of the ads from the beginning. I barely noticed the other 30 second ads because I'm so desensitized to ads in radio/podcasts in general. I would of really not of noticed if Cheapy didn't mention it before the fact.

And like I said, as long as it's not ads for "Prep H" or something I'm all for it, just keep it relatively game related and remember your audience.

[quote name='yukine']I don't see the big deal, but I was a supporter of the ads from the beginning. I barely noticed the other 30 second ads because I'm so desensitized to ads in radio/podcasts in general. I would of really not of noticed if Cheapy didn't mention it before the fact.

And like I said, as long as it's not ads for "Prep H" or something I'm all for it, just keep it relatively game related and remember your audience.[/quote]

I completely agree :applause:

[quote name='dysuriai']So LSpears was banned for speaking his/her mind? That doesn't sound right.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no one here is banned for speaking his or her mind. Personal attacks, duplicate accounts, not listening to repeated warnings... that's the stuff that gets a ban.

[quote name='yukine']He was banned for being a consistent douche bag and now he is banned again for using multiple accounts and being a douche bag.[/quote]

ok that makes sense, no one likes someone who has a douche baggery score of +5.

CheapyD,

Sorry, but I have to agree with Wombat on this one. You are a pussy for crying when Tai was born. I just had a little girl in August, and I didn't shed a single tear. I was too busy being FREAKED OUT to even worry about crying.

Seriously though, congrats on the new baby boy!

I think Cheapy proves the point of why Major Nelson isnt interesting and shouldnt be on another podcast.

It's already up on iTunes. Wombat, most disturbing most, ever. I mean, your avatar is fine when it's small, but blown up...just plain creepy.

[quote name='traslin']CheapyD,

Sorry, but I have to agree with Wombat on this one. You are a pussy for crying when Tai was born. I just had a little girl in August, and I didn't shed a single tear. I was too busy being FREAKED OUT to even worry about crying.

Seriously though, congrats on the new baby boy![/quote]LOL same here. My baby girl was awsome but it took a couple weeks for me to calm down and relax enough to enjoy it.

I think it's important to always keep in mind that Major Nelson is very much a company man and his position limits what he can publicly discuss. The restrictions he must operate under almost automatically make him a bad guest.

Re show 95, the most entertaining part was the calling out of the CAG who claimed he'd stopped listening after being supposedly outraged. We all know the podcast is too good to stop listening... :)

Ads are fine and I'm sure Cheapy's tolerance for ads is much lower than mine. Anything that makes the CAGCast better or improves CheapAssGamer.com is fine by me. For the hours of entertainment I've gotten from the CAGCast, a few minutes of ads are a small price to pay.

IP Banning... that's gonna work! ROTFL. Instead of dealing with the issues at hand (that the only thing you're about is getting high comissions from HD DVD and Rock Band orders, sponsors, etc), you go and IP ban somebody. Well as you can see, that didn't work, and it will never work.

Anyway, you're a liar as well, because that was not my account, that was my girlfriends account. Just look at the attached Xbox Live account compared to mine. David has no balls or guts whatsoever, and his puppet friend Shipwreck is a mindless drone.

Posting on CAG is fun!

Solid show, and a belated congratulations to cheapy for your new child. As for the ads, I am totally alright with them. I feel that you guys put out a quality product with the CAGcast, and I could certainly tolerate an ad or two. (Geez, could I sound more like a sycophant? =) ). Also congrats to Wombat on the new job. I christened your first post with my idiocy, so enjoy!

hey Cheapy it wasn't PS3 fans that was saying that your interview with Major Nelson "sucked balls" and was overall bad.. that was 360 fans.

PS3 fans are part of the CAG family and we want some respect for our PS3 which is a fantastic system. A system in which you don't have to go out and buy a 280 replacement plan to enjoy. 349 [original 360] + 280 [rp 360] = PIMPED - that's my equation on that situation. lol
Of course you have your opinion, your show, but PS3 fans are part of the CAG family and we should be able to express our opinions.

I like the new show idea, but I think you should come around to the 360, PS3, and Wii threads (DS and PSP, if big news present) and pull hot news/topics from there as well.

bread's done
Back