*DEAD* X Marks the Spot Scavenger Hunt - Official Xbox 360 contest with daily prizes

kensterdotnet

CAGiversary!
www.xbox360xmts.com

[quote name='teamxbox.com']Xbox 360 is teaming up with more than 15 partners for X Marks the Spot, an online scavenger hunt where people find X’s placed on various websites for a chance to win cool prizes including a brand new Pontiac car. People who find the X’s will receive entries into drawings for prizes ranging from free Xbox 360 games to new Zune devices to Xbox 360 Elite consoles. A grand prize winner will take home a Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP! All told, more than $100,000 in prizes will be given away by Xbox 360 and partners.

From November 5, 2007 to December 10, 2007, people should check out www.xbox.com/greenx to find ten daily clues leading to various sites on the internet. Those who follow the clues to the X’s hidden around the Internet will be entered for a chance to win awesome prizes, including:
  • Xbox 360 games from EA, Activision and Ubisoft
  • New phones from Samsung
  • Mountain Dew mini-fridges
  • New Zune devices
  • Xbox 360 Elite consoles
  • An all-inclusive vacation for 4 to any Beaches Resort
  • Personal Xbox LIVE gaming session with an Adidas star athlete
  • A complete home entertainment system, including a Panasonic HD projector
  • Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP
For complete rules and contest details, please check out www.xbox.com/greenx. [/quote]
Here are the answers that I have so far:

351. foxworthy
352. pixels
353. sex
354. execute
355. x
356. max
357. anxious
358. awesome-x
359. exploration
360. maximize

*Thank you to everyone who contributed for 351-360*

I'll update the answers as the contest progresses.

Seems like there are going to be 360 questions and I think we should work together to figure them out :)

last one doesn't work for me

i tried all these words for the last one with green x

xbox
exciting
experts
experienced
Explore
relaxing
exchange
exclusively

Yea, people on another forum I visit said that "experts" doesn't work for them either.
Edit: It works for some people.

Thanks OP! 10/10

Everything worked for me, but the floating bubbles for the How to Play, Partners, etc wouldn't work. Might be just on my system...

Thier program is a little buggy. Just watch your "progress" count. Mine said GamerchiX was wrong but I still got credit for it when it reloaded.

Imagine that, a Microsoft product with bugs. LOL

Thanks for this OP.

Thank you very much OP! I'm now 10 for 10 on the first day and ranked...um...as 207. I imagine it's pretty much arbitrary...but who knows? Plus, I'm trying to view the pages with Firefox and couldn't find a green "X" to save my life.

Thank you again! :applause:

[quote name='PacManess']Thank you very much OP! I'm now 10 for 10 on the first day and ranked...um...as 207. I imagine it's pretty much arbitrary...but who knows? Plus, I'm trying to view the pages with Firefox and couldn't find a green "X" to save my life.

Thank you again! :applause:[/quote]
Heh I guess just a measure of how many entries you have compared to everyone else... but I suspect it's just MS's attempt to get people to come back and stare at their websites. People are driven by competition.

Also
YOU MAY ONLY WIN ONE PRIZE A DAY. BUT YOU CAN WIN AGAIN THE NEXT DAY. AND EVERY WORD YOU SOLVE COUNTS TOWARD YOUR TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES FOR WEEKLY AND GRAND PRIZE DRAWINGS.
:D have to remember to keep playing! Thaks OP!

Ah and I couldn't figure out where these websites were at all in the first place to find the words... is it just me? I don't see any links on the clues page...

001: exploit
002: gamerchix
003: ?
004: expanded
005: fixed
006: phoenix
007: executed
008: extreme
009: ?
010: experts

can any one help me with #'s 3 & 9???

THANKS KEN

I wonder how this ranking thing works. Does how fast you get it in affect it and does it make a difference in terms of your chance of winning?

I can't seem to register on that site. Tried both Firefox and IE, and it keeps telling me some of my information is incorrect.

Thanks OP, good to be in on contest first day, good luck to all, hopefully some of us will win something. There is a decent amount of daily prizes.

[quote name='Amorebettersn']do you have to get all 10 to get entered? and does anyone know 3&9?[/quote]

Each correct answer gives you an entry, so if you get all 10, you get 10 entries per day 70 per week...etc.

BTW: The answers for today are in the OP.

For some freakin reason it won't let me enter number 3 and 9. Everybody time I do it says that they are wrong. Does anybody know what's going on or if there are other words that can be entered correctly??

no idea. All the ones in the OP worked for me. I entered them all lowercase, although I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I'm #127 :)

[quote name='CombatFrog']
Ah and I couldn't figure out where these websites were at all in the first place to find the words... is it just me? I don't see any links on the clues page...[/quote]

i was gonna ask about this too. how the hell would we know how to answer these without the answers being listed in the OP??

for phoenix it said wrong answer but then when i clicked a different bubble and went back to todays clues it said it was correct. this site is so slow and i cant change tabs unless i hit the new tab button or exit it

[quote name='kv123']no 6 phoenix isnt working for me[/quote]

it probably did it just said wrong answer. Some people are saying that it stated wrong anser yet it was added as a correct answer.

They all worked fine for me

Yeah, number 6 is a bit buggy...it said wrong answer but i just moved on and then it gave me the correct after I answered another one.

Tahnks again OP

Hi guys, I am new to the forum, but am trying to spread the word on this contest. Notice that it is a contest, not a sweepstakes. This means that it has a little bit of competition involved. It is not in your best interest to give out the answers to other players! I don't want anyone giving me the answers, because I like playing the game. This is a competitive raffle! By giving out answers, you are only making your odds of winning decrease! You wouldn't give out money to someone to buy a raffle ticket, would you? Not unless they agreed to split the prize with you, right? Please, stop making everyone's odds of winning worse, and STOP sharing answers! Thank you!

[quote name='ii otnemem ii']Hi guys, I am new to the forum, but am trying to spread the word on this contest. Notice that it is a contest, not a sweepstakes. This means that it has a little bit of competition involved. It is not in your best interest to give out the answers to other players! I don't want anyone giving me the answers, because I like playing the game. This is a competitive raffle! By giving out answers, you are only making your odds of winning decrease! You wouldn't give out money to someone to buy a raffle ticket, would you? Not unless they agreed to split the prize with you, right? Please, stop making everyone's odds of winning worse, and STOP sharing answers! Thank you![/quote]

How about no, sorry none of us CAGers are greedy. We CAG act as one. We always help each other out. If you don't like it then go to another forum. Not to be harsh, but we're a family, and in a family we help each other help. Who cares if we don't win. As long as one of us win, we still feel happy.

[quote name='ii otnemem ii']Hi guys, I am new to the forum, but am trying to spread the word on this contest. Notice that it is a contest, not a sweepstakes. This means that it has a little bit of competition involved. It is not in your best interest to give out the answers to other players! I don't want anyone giving me the answers, because I like playing the game. This is a competitive raffle! By giving out answers, you are only making your odds of winning decrease! You wouldn't give out money to someone to buy a raffle ticket, would you? Not unless they agreed to split the prize with you, right? Please, stop making everyone's odds of winning worse, and STOP sharing answers! Thank you![/QUOTE]
Why are you spreading the word of the contest if you want to win that much?

[quote name='ii otnemem ii']Hi guys, I am new to the forum, but am trying to spread the word on this contest. Notice that it is a contest, not a sweepstakes. This means that it has a little bit of competition involved. It is not in your best interest to give out the answers to other players! I don't want anyone giving me the answers, because I like playing the game. This is a competitive raffle! By giving out answers, you are only making your odds of winning decrease! You wouldn't give out money to someone to buy a raffle ticket, would you? Not unless they agreed to split the prize with you, right? Please, stop making everyone's odds of winning worse, and STOP sharing answers! Thank you![/quote]
It doesnt make sense that you are trying to spread the word on the contest yet tell us not to shar answers.....it still equates to more people entering the contest either way.

EDIT: Khalid beat me to it.

[quote name='ii otnemem ii']Hi guys, I am new to the forum, but am trying to spread the word on this contest. Notice that it is a contest, not a sweepstakes. This means that it has a little bit of competition involved. It is not in your best interest to give out the answers to other players! I don't want anyone giving me the answers, because I like playing the game. This is a competitive raffle! By giving out answers, you are only making your odds of winning decrease! You wouldn't give out money to someone to buy a raffle ticket, would you? Not unless they agreed to split the prize with you, right? Please, stop making everyone's odds of winning worse, and STOP sharing answers! Thank you![/quote] People will know about the contest whether you like it or not. I don't care that my odds are decreased. If someone from this forum wins, then it will feel like I won even though I don't get the item heh.

bread's done
Back