The General Gaming Thread with a fabulous and interesting title #16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='pete5883']I can't resist posting: Happy TG, GGT.[/QUOTE]

Happy Thread Gaming to you to!

I have been playing Uncharted. I'm around 60% complete. I'm waiting to beat it when I get back to my HDTV. Played some Ratchet & Clank Future too. Due to jer bringing up the NIS published stuff, it made me want to play some Ar Tonelico and Atelier Iris 2 (both are awesome games).

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

I got my Dual Shock 3 last night... Man that extra weight/rumble is worth it... :)

Eat up, game up!

[quote name='MarkMan']Happy Thanksgiving guys!

I got my Dual Shock 3 last night... Man that extra weight/rumble is worth it... :)

Eat up, game up![/quote]

Oh... I forgot it was Turkey day...Happy Thanksgiving GGT! and you regulars that post in the GGT. ;)

fuck, so I know I can get the video card of my wanting, but the mobo is nowhere to be found. There can be only one... choice for mobo.

[quote name='Chacrana']fuck, so I know I can get the video card of my wanting, but the mobo is nowhere to be found. There can be only one... choice for mobo.[/quote]

What mobo is that? I'm out of touch with PC stuff.

Damn, I hate Thanksgiving...all stores close...except Mcdonalds, and the theaters. Those sound like a good time,

Guess I'll finish the last 20mins or so I have left of Assassins Creed.

Almost started Persona 3...I was so close, but then the choose your characters name screen came up. I wish there was a default or something :p

started Kane & Lynch this afternoon. it's a decent game, but I can see the problems that reviewers had with it. it'd be great at $40, but not $60. with that said, it's not a bad game, i'm enjoying it.

[quote name='whoknows']Almost started Persona 3...I was so close, but then the choose your characters name screen came up. I wish there was a default or something :p[/QUOTE]

His name in the manga is Minato Arisato. You can name him that or name him MarkMan :)

[quote name='MarkMan']His name in the manga is Minato Arisato. You can name him that or name him MarkMan :)[/QUOTE]
Hard choice, but I think I'll go with the good name ;)

[quote name='daroga']Are there any good gaming BF deals tomorrow I should be aware of? I've not paid any attention at all.[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen anything worth getting. I kinda want the Zune, but I know I wouldn't really use it very much and just want it to have it

[quote name='whoknows']I haven't seen anything worth getting. I kinda want the Zune, but I know I wouldn't really use it very much and just want it to have it[/quote]Yeah, I just took a scan through the BF post in the deals forum. Kind of a whole lot of nothing--certainly nothing worth getting up early for. I think I'll just stay in bed and then get up when I want, get a blanket, and move to the couch to play Zelda ;)

So much Rock Band today. Seriously from 2 to just now. I think im gonna go back and play more Eternal Sonata.

The only black Friday deal that gets my attention is Guitar Hero II on 360 for $59.99 (with guitar). That would give me a guitar and the game, and then I could just purchase GH III by itself. But for some reason, my interests is starting to lean towards Rock Band (PS3 version), so my mind may change.

But right now, most everything is meh, because all I really want right now is a Nintendo Wii (and oh course games for it), Time Crisis 4 (for some reason, I want it the most, but the price at Best Buy is okay, but I don't have a lot of credit there like I do GS (but I don't agree with the GS price)), Eye of Judgment, and two games on each platform DS/PSP/360 (but none of them I really want now and can wait). I need a new pair of headphones on PSP, but I'll wait.

Sonic & The Secret Rings is on sale for $20 (good price IMO and I want it), but since I'm really not sure when I'll get a Wii, I'll just get it some other time (although I've bought games in the past for platforms I do not own).

I played more Ratchet & Clank Future today. I just really love the game too much. I also decided to play my PSP more today (I've kind of ignored it as of late). I advanced a little in Jeanne D'Arc. Now I remember why the game is so good.

I wish there was something I wanted at BB for $30 or more so I could use that coupon...this BF is terrible.

Oh well, maybe next year.

I'm going to play KOF XI, Fire Pro, UT3, and some Red Faction with a friend. I bought the PC version a few years ago for 50 cents. Looks old, but it's fun blowing up bots, and creating tunnels.

Tomorrow, Rock Band for realz all day. We're going to record some material. It's just me on drums and my friend on guitar; no singer or bassist.

[quote name='whoknows']I wish there was something I wanted at BB for $30 or more so I could use that coupon...this BF is terrible.

Oh well, maybe next year.[/QUOTE]If I had a coupon at BB, I'd get TC4 asap (or probably), since it's $80 there.

I play my PS3 a ridiculous amount of times now a day, and getting that game would fill the arcade shooter hole (causing me to play it even more).

I played more Uncharted a few minutes ago. I just love that story and soundtrack. I badly want to re-watch every scene over and over again.

[quote name='darthbudge']I just started playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R again because I really want to finish it before Clear Skies comes out.[/QUOTE]

I need to do the same.. Damn.

GRAW2 for $20 is the only thing I'll be getting gaming wise tomorrow. I was expecting more $10 360 games this year. If anyone hasn't played GUN, $5 at best buy is a steal. I really, really enjoyed that game. It's worth the $5 just to shoot explosive arrows at horses and watch them get gibbed. Hard to explain, but it's hilarious and unrealistic, with horse torsos and necks/heads laying around afterwards.

Contra 4's challenges are great. I just unlocked Super C! Still can't get past the 3rd stage on normal, though..

I want Ghost Squad so bad just because it seems like it would be a ton of fun with the Zapper.

I had a brilliant idea while playing crossbow training today. Since the analog on the nunchuk in the back sticks up, how awesome would a western themed game be with shootouts where you had to use the nunchuk's stick like the action on a revolver and time it with your shooting..

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The only black Friday deal that gets my attention is Guitar Hero II on 360 for $59.99 (with guitar). That would give me a guitar and the game, and then I could just purchase GH III by itself. But for some reason, my interests is starting to lean towards Rock Band (PS3 version), so my mind may change.
[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, even though it's a good deal for GH II, I really think the GH III Les Paul guitar is VASTLY superior to the GH II Explorer that is bundled with the 360 version of GH II.

played some svr 08 and guitar hero with friends, lots of fun. prolly gonna play a little more kane & lynch tomorrow before I take it back to work, then start clive barker's jericho tomorrow night.

So I went out of a couple drinks tonight, came back round 1:30, wide awake so I figured I may as well stay up til 3 and see if I can score a Wii and a Sixaxis. So I did. Threw in Superunknown to get to free shipping with the Sixaxis. But now I don't feel like sleeping.

[quote name='whoknows']Just got to floor 14 in Persona 3.

Awesome game, way better than I was expecting it to be.[/QUOTE]
Nice.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

There has been 16 of these threads? ...this is my first time venturing into one.

Uh... so yeah Persona 3, I haven't played it myself but a friend of mine is crazy as fuck for it. I'll wait until it goes down in price...

Just bought Bioshock, with the deal for a free The Darkness along with it. Not that great of a deal now that The Darkness dropped to $20 and Bioshock to $40, but it seemed like it at the time.

Really enjoying Bioshock. I haven't been this absorbed in a game in a long time. Love the atmosphere and the Big Daddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back