The General Gaming Thread with a fabulous and interesting title #16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Wow is anyone else playing ANYTHING besides OMG MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT... Blow me.[/QUOTE]
The game is good what do you expect?

Maybe he really was
a joke account
?

And what's up with all the
mistyped spoiler tags? You're killing us! ;)

I started zack and wiki last night and it's alot of fun, I'm really enjoying that. other than that, I went back to finishing tales of eternia on the psp and I'm currently not trying to buy anything else until after christmas and my birthday (which is 2 weeks after christmas) so that way I save money and get rid of my ever growing back log.

Anyone get Revenant Wings? just wondering if it's worth the cash.

([sploiter]Assassin's Creed takes place in the future, but also in the past, but through a special time machine from the future [/spoliter])

[quote name='Apossum']Anyone get Revenant Wings? just wondering if it's worth the cash.

([sploiter]Assassin's Creed takes place in the future, but also in the past, but through a special time machine from the future [/spoliter])[/quote]

1.21 gigawatts?

Just hooked up my stereo with my PS3 and I have to say WOW!It sounds great!I played FIFA 08 and it sounded really really amazing!I haven't stopped playing FIFA much,except to beat Assassin's creed.Anyone even play FIFA 08?Why did The Mana Knight get banned?

I got Final Fantasy Revenant Wings... I was like WTF when I saw it ring up for $39.99... I just saw the Best Buy $10 off 29.99+ coupon for games so I'm returning it and rebuying so I can get the discount....

For each game I bought.

Damn.

That's a lot of money, gotta do it ;)

I think I might pick up Sega Rally Revo today with the coupon. Only $30 after it so...

and the game's freakin' legit, if the PC demo is to be believed.

[quote name='snakelda']Just hooked up my stereo with my PS3 and I have to say WOW!It sounds great!I played FIFA 08 and it sounded really really amazing!I haven't stopped playing FIFA much,except to beat Assassin's creed.Anyone even play FIFA 08?Why did The Mana Knight get banned?[/quote]

yea but on the 360 nonstop =]

[quote name='Chacrana']I think I might pick up Sega Rally Revo today with the coupon. Only $30 after it so...

and the game's freakin' legit, if the PC demo is to be believed.[/QUOTE]
I really liked the PS3 demo. When that version drops in price I'll probably grab it as well.

I've finally entered the DS Lite era. So far so good with my gold system. No dead pixels, no yellow screen. Since I still have the box, screen wipe, etc, I'll probably offer my Phat to my wife's co-worker for $95 cash.

[quote name='MarkMan']I got Final Fantasy Revenant Wings... I was like WTF when I saw it ring up for $39.99... I just saw the Best Buy $10 off 29.99+ coupon for games so I'm returning it and rebuying so I can get the discount....

For each game I bought.

Damn.

That's a lot of money, gotta do it ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah! I think I'll pick it up with that coupon. If it sucks, I can still get most of my cash back.

Mm... the revelation that games can sound good when you don't use TV speakers is a startling one.

And expensive.

headphone headphone revolution!

and your post about Sega Rally Revo reminded me-- I completely suck at racing games not named Burnout. Seriously, I tried the revo demo, Ridge Racer 6, the Forza 2 demo, and all with the same results-- I have no control over the car whatsoever!

[quote name='Apossum']Oh yeah! I think I'll pick it up with that coupon. If it sucks, I can still get most of my cash back.

headphone headphone revolution!

and your post about Sega Rally Revo reminded me-- I completely suck at racing games not named Burnout. Seriously, I tried the revo demo, Ridge Racer 6, the Forza 2 demo, and all with the same results-- I have no control over the car whatsoever![/QUOTE]

A lot of people make the same racing game mistakes. Well, actually, Forza 2 is just a piece of shit, so you shouldn't feel bad about that. But here's the thing: Jappo arcade racers require you to drive with passion. Are you shaking your fist while driving? Are you listening to j-pop? Are you yelling "orahrahrahrahrahrahrahrahrahrahrrahrahrahrahrharah?" If not, then you are doing something horribly wrong, and yeah, you'll have no control.

Playing Eternal Sonta.
Anyone else up in the GGT play it?
If so can someone tell me how much I have left.
I just got to
The Pirate Ship

I think I might hit up CC tomorrow to get prolly wii zapper w/link's crossbow training and mgs portable ops plus in lieu of the 2 $20 for $30. Haven't decided completely yet though.

[quote name='InuFaye']Playing Eternal Sonta.
Anyone else up in the GGT play it?
If so can someone tell me how much I have left.
I just got to
The Pirate Ship
[/QUOTE]
You're about 2/3s of the way through.

Gears of War- Not so bad. Played through the first chapter on hardcore today, and I'm impressed. I only played the campaign on co-op casual before, and I still will say the online is garbage, but as a single player game, it's actually pretty good.

O dam, I just introduced my parents to high-end audio. Or at least, my dad's been bugging me about getting some decent speakers for the basement ever since I got my shit, so we ordered some Axioms and an SVS sub. Or... y'know, we coulda gotten that Pioneer set that's $94 right now.

/elitist.

Edit: Just placed my final computer order for my processor.

I truly am Monsieur Le Comte this fine day.

(That's a Monte Cristo reference, you peasants.)

[quote name='Chacrana']A lot of people make the same racing game mistakes. Well, actually, Forza 2 is just a piece of shit, so you shouldn't feel bad about that. But here's the thing: Jappo arcade racers require you to drive with passion. Are you shaking your fist while driving? Are you listening to j-pop? Are you yelling "orahrahrahrahrahrahrahrahrahrahrrahrahrahrahrharah?" If not, then you are doing something horribly wrong, and yeah, you'll have no control.[/QUOTE]

This explains everything. I will be racer ultimate #1 next time.

[quote name='darthbudge']Did my copy of the Witcher arrive yet?[/QUOTE]

Oh that? haha, that contest was fake. you got pwned, bitch. what are you gonna do about it? nothing, that's what. I straight up owned ur ass.

Check here (and take note of its time/location ;) )
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3620009#post3620009

then PM me from now on if you want to ask about your free game. I won't be back at my apt until tomorrow, so I don't know if your free game that I am giving to you for free has arrived freely yet.

[quote name='botticus']I'll probably offer my Phat to my wife's co-worker for $95 cash.[/quote]

They're $70 used @ GS.

[quote name='gunm']They're $70 used @ GS.[/quote]If he wants to get a used one from GS, more power to him. I'll just go to eBay where it was getting near $100 last I checked. If I were in his shoes, I'd pay the extra $20 or so for perfect condition with box and packaging and a decent carrying case.

Crotch, what version of Fire Emblem are you playing? I could use a good strategy RPG (really hankering for another run through of Ogre Battle 64) but I wouldn't know where to start. Also, hows Starcraft going? Maybe I'll join in again one of these days.

Bioshock just keeps getting better and better.
Just got through Fort Frolic, loved every minute of it.

[quote name='Apossum']Oh that? haha, that contest was fake. you got pwned, bitch. what are you gonna do about it? nothing, that's what. I straight up owned ur ass.

Check here (and take note of its time/location ;) )
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3620009#post3620009

then PM me from now on if you want to ask about your free game. I won't be back at my apt until tomorrow, so I don't know if your free game that I am giving to you for free has arrived freely yet.[/quote]

lol sorry, I thought you were already back.

I just bought Sega Rally Revo for PSP for $13 from gamefly. They rock. Basically Free trial of the games, you get to keep it if you want it, and they usually charge half of what gamestop does for used copies, that are always complete and 99% of the time in awesome condition. There is the membership fee, but it's pretty low.

As for Sega Rally it's great on PSP, plus only around 250MB if you want to keep it on your memory stick. Controls great and looks fantastic.

I've been thinking closely about rock band. just having a little trouble choking down the $179 price tag. from those that have it, is it truly worth the hefty price tag, or should I wait for the game to be released with solo instruments?

I thought about making fun, but I can't say anything, I spent a ton this weekend.

GRAW2
Gears of War
Ghost Squad
King of Fighters XI (will probably return)
22" LCD
Sega Rally Revo

Add in the rest of the week and you have-
Mass Effect
Link's Crossbow Training
Geometry Wars Galaxies

This is by far the best week for gaming I've ever had.

Well, my vacation is finally coming to a close. I'll probably be back to putting people in their place sometime tomorrow night :razz:

Over the break:

-Played Co-Op GHIII all the way through from start to finish. Good fun, despite freaking "One"

-Played Halo 3 Co-Op. Promptly fell asleep halfway through the first stage.

-Played Co-Op Gears of War. It was fun, but we only got through the first stage.

-Got ridiculed for owning a PS3. Seriously, Spanish folk hate that thing. I was actually pulling a Mana Knight and trying to defend it. In the end I gave up and joined them in the festivities.

-Bunch of other stuff went down. It was alot of fun, but none of it is game related.

[quote name='daroga']I'm so weak... went to Best Buy, tried Rock Band, bought Rock Band.

Any 360ers looking for an addition to their band?[/QUOTE]

Talk to me in a week or so, as I'm still wrestling with trying to find the damn thing AND work up enough cash to buy it.

[quote name='jer7583']Gears of War- Not so bad. Played through the first chapter on hardcore today, and I'm impressed. I only played the campaign on co-op casual before, and I still will say the online is garbage, but as a single player game, it's actually pretty good.[/quote]
I played through Gears earlier this week for PC. Never played it of 360 and I loved it. The second to last act was beautiful. The
University looked unbelievably good
. It nailed the "destroyed beauty" art style that Epic talked about before the game came out. I really got into the cover system too. Now I know why everyone wants that kind of cover system in 3rd person shooters.

I played the game on Hardcore and I want to play it again but the later levels were kicking my ass in a kinda cheap way. Not an experience that I want to relive. But I just know that casual will be a cakewalk. Does the game get harder when you play through in co-op? If I get my friend to play with me it could be a lot easier. It's not like Dom ever did anything to help me.

I finished Prey today. I liked the later levels a lot more. The gravity puzzles became less "look at this cool thing" and became more of a natural part of the gameplay. And the spirit walking was used much better towards the end. And the multi-purpose gun had some cool ammo as well. Good start (Don't Fear The Reaper) and a pretty solid end make it a worthwhile shooter.

Score:
pancake.jpg

Edit: Re-scored Prey. I didn't take the graphics into consideration the first time.

[quote name='InuFaye']Daroga we need someone for the GGT Band.
Im Drums.
Rei is Base.
You are singing or playing lead my friend.[/quote]Sweet. I can do pretty well on medium on GH and can most of the time survive things on hard. Guess I'm doing vocals then? ;)

Finished Mass Effect so now I have these games to finish.

Bioshock (almost done)
HL2 (need about 3-4 more hours)
Blue Dragon (need another 20+ hours)
Mass Effect (second play through so probably 15+)
Ghost Recon 2 (haven't even started it)
Resistance (will probably finish sometime this winter)

Don't really know what I'm going to finish first, plus with the sememster ending and finals approaching the time for gaming is shrinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back