Knight Rider

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
As predicted, the new Knight Rider is coming this Fall on Wednesday nights!

KNIGHT RIDER -On the heels of NBC's hit movie, the iconic 1980s television classic comes roaring back to life as an updated drama series showcasing the new customized KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand) Ford Mustang. As the sequel resumes, KITT is absolutely the coolest car ever created: its supercomputer capable of hacking almost any system; its weapons systems efficient; and its body -- thanks to its creator's work and nanotechnology -- is capable of actually shifting shape and color. It is the ultimate car -- and someone will be willing to do anything to obtain it. "Knight Rider" stars Justin Bruening ("Cold Case"), Deanna Russo ("NCIS"), Sydney Tamiia Poitier ("Veronica Mars") and Bruce Davison ("Breach"). David Bartis ("Heist," "The O.C."), Doug Liman ("Mr. and Mrs. Smith," "The Bourne Identity") and Gary Scott Thompson ("Las Vegas," "The Fast and The Furious") are executive producers and David Andron serves as supervising producer and writer. Based on characters created by Glen Larson, "Knight Rider" is from Universal Media Studios and Dutch Oven Productions.

http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/04/knight_rider_wednesdays_at_8pm.php

Update 2.20.08:

The show is most likely to be given a go for a season premier in the fall!!

http://www.knightrideronline.com/news/2008/02/silverman_knight_rider_likely.php

thanks to daroga for the link

Update 1/9/08: New promo up!

Thanks to daroga for the link!

New Teaser up featuring KITT's new voice (Will Arnett). It *almost* sounded like Peter Cullen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5V9Fkgtc4Y

Teaser is up on youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WDAR5dpbgnc
that's all we get :(

NEW KNIGHT RIDER SERIES: FEB 17,2008

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=40185

Will Arnett is the new voice of KITT: :whistle2:(

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=40177

Images of the new KITT

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=39809

knightrider.jpg

uh

o.0

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Moxio']Not bad. Though the story underneath of the movie sounds horrible.[/quote]

I agree about the story for the most part. I know it is a nitpick, but I think I prefer the Trans Am to a Mustang in the looks department.

Sleak and black is the way to go.

Oh well, I'm sure the storyline will be solid, no matter how much they change it...just look at the Transformers movie, right?

To be fair, I haven't seen the TF movie yet, based on everything I have heard...

Actually, I'm not shocked at all. They had that crappy "team knight rider" show on about 10 years ago and all their cars were Fords. I'm going to assume Ford's marketing team had a hand in that one, although I bet they deny it since the show sucked major balls. Deja vu?

[quote name='gunm']Awesome car, but I can't help but think it's miscast somehow.[/quote]

Miscast.........................
That is not Kitt.

Ugh...that looks horrible. The front fascia makes it look like a wide-mouth bass. Couple that with the signature lights that turn into hood-scoop-like humps on the hood remind me of a Dodge Ram pickup truck.

Knight Rider fans had a dream that was Kitt. That is not it. That is not it!

well they better get a movie on it quick... William Daniels (the voice of KITT or Mr. Fienny in Boy meets world) isn't getting any younger and there is no one who can do KITT better then Mr. Daniels. He's the Optimus Prime of Knight Rider...without his voice, it isn't the same.

thanks to CocheseUGA for the fix in the mix up ...

Ugh. That doesn't scream KITT to me.

It's not svelte. It doesn't look refined. I has that 'brick' look.

I guess it will work if they go for a testosterone poisoned bass heavy habitual smoker and wife beater voice that doesn't enunciate clearly, as opposed to KITT's nice crisp /mid range/ friendly voice.

Wow. I remember way back when I thought American Brick design cars like that were cool.

That was when the /original/ Knight Rider was on the air, and the original Duke's of Hazard was coming to a close.

Before the Trail of Tears lined with blown transmission parts from Fords and Electrical and engine problems in Dodges (Married with Children? Al's Dodge? Anyone?).

Why can't they use a black Corvette? Or is that too feminine somehow?

i liked the knight rider remake series better than the original. i dunno if many of you recall a time when some channel started to come out with remakes of old series like knight rider or smoky and the bandit and they had this cool show with 2 asian guys one good one evil both brothers. that kight rider had a cool premise where the kitt car ended up having his wifes spirit in it or something through some gem.

if they went with a slight comedy route you could make the new kitt feminine and let there be some weird sexual tension between him and the car. im mean seriously some guys do love their cars alot if they talked who knows how far theyd take it. kind of a mix between christine and knight rider. it wouldnt hurt if michael knight had a bit of nerd in him too.

it could be one of those running jokes where they get to flirting or talking to each other in a certain way and people around them notice and give them odd looks but of course the car the guy act like nothing is wrong. dunno if you all get that.

[quote name='lokizz']i liked the knight rider remake series better than the original. i dunno if many of you recall a time when some channel started to come out with remakes of old series like knight rider or smoky and the bandit and they had this cool show with 2 asian guys one good one evil both brothers. that kight rider had a cool premise where the kitt car ended up having his wifes spirit in it or something through some gem.

if they went with a slight comedy route you could make the new kitt feminine and let there be some weird sexual tension between him and the car. im mean seriously some guys do love their cars alot if they talked who knows how far theyd take it. kind of a mix between christine and knight rider. it wouldnt hurt if michael knight had a bit of nerd in him too.

it could be one of those running jokes where they get to flirting or talking to each other in a certain way and people around them notice and give them odd looks but of course the car the guy act like nothing is wrong. dunno if you all get that.[/QUOTE]

Mmm, if the WGA stays on strike, you may have a career in Hollywood. LOL.

This doesn't work for me at all. I don't mind the new look of the Ford Mustang, but it definitely ain't KITT. For one, it's too blocky and bulky; and for two, it's a fairly common car. I see the new Mustang probably a good three or four times per week out of chance. They might as well have casted the new Honda Civic as KITT.

[quote name='Gourd']Why can't they use a black Corvette?[/QUOTE]Yes, yes, yes. I'm not the biggest fan in the world of the Corvette, but it would have fit the role of KITT more than any other car I can think of at the moment.

P.S. lokizz, no... I don't get that at all. :whistle2:s

What they should have done is taken one of the new camaros and rebadged it as a trans-am.

There are plenty of mock-up pictures of this on the internet.

It would have been so much better.

That mustang looks like shit. Eh I just have a thing against mustangs.

[quote name='InuFaye']What they should have done is taken one of the new camaros and rebadged it as a trans-am.[/QUOTE]

concept_Trans-am.jpg

That Mustang is awful , it does not compute to me .

They should have used a Corvette but it would cost way too much if they wreck them all of the time .

I would probably of preferred a Solstice .

[quote name='Richlough']
concept_Trans-am.jpg

That Mustang is awful , it does not compute to me .

They should have used a Corvette but it would cost way too much if they wreck them all of the time .

I would probably of preferred a Solstice .[/QUOTE]
Seriously, that's about as ugly as the Mustang. I vote for the Corvette.

[quote name='rajchakrabarti']That is badass.[/quote]

I totally agree. Too bad marketing money and selling cars is more important than making something cool.

I call myself a car expert and it took me awhile to figure out that was a CCX.

Call me crazy, but this would make a good KITT too:
sigpic55_1.gif

[quote name='camoor']Nice car, but not KITT.

This is KITT:

Knight_Rider_movie_poster.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I remembered posting that image link here last year I think.

Yea I agree that the new car model doesn't feel like the KITT we all knew and loved. I guess what they are trying to say is that if we can eventually accept bumblebee as a Camero in transformers instead of a VW , then eventually we would accept KITT as this new car.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I call myself a car expert and it took me awhile to figure out that was a CCX.

Call me crazy, but this would make a good KITT too:
sigpic55_1.gif
[/quote]It would, outside of the monstrous hood scoops. Kitt should not have huge, flaring nostrils.

If you take the LED out of the original, KITT has one huge nostril.

Besides, I know Knight Industries is loaded and all that, but a $600K car? C'mon. I thought that Banshee concept in KR2000 was more believable.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yea I agree that the new car model doesn't feel like the KITT we all knew and loved. I guess what they are trying to say is that if we can eventually accept bumblebee as a Camero in transformers instead of a VW , then eventually we would accept KITT as this new car.[/QUOTE]
Its pretty much whatever they can market and sell if they go with the Mustang. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a yellow Camaro with an autobot sticker on it since the Summer. Not that it matters to me anyway, my only knowledge of Knight Rider comes from reruns on TV and pop culture references in other shows. I wonder if the Hoff will come back.

[quote name='camoor']If he does then KITT will need to have a breathalizer installed.[/QUOTE]

LMAO.

BTW, the voice of KITT is William Daniels, not Anthony Daniels (C3PO).

[quote name='CocheseUGA']LMAO.

BTW, the voice of KITT is William Daniels, not Anthony Daniels (C3PO).[/QUOTE]

oops, Fixed :)

thx

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I can dig it if Mr. Feeny is still doing the voice.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that the network will try to get someone else to do it..but a large internet campaign will start and they will bring Mr. Daniels back by popular demand.

[quote name='InuFaye']What they should have done is taken one of the new camaros and rebadged it as a trans-am.

[/QUOTE]

I can appreciate any muscle car or hot rod but KITT as a Mustang, fuck that.

I agree it should have been a new camaro made over T/A.

Viva Pontiac Firechickens!!!!

Id like to see George Takei be the new voice of KITT.....

Ok, Im full of shit but really I like hearing George on Howard Stern so I figured wtf, make a jackass remark that people are gonna shit on.

[quote name='camoor']Nice car, but not KITT.

This is KITT:

Knight_Rider_movie_poster.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Now that is badass.

The Mustang they are using now was a terrible, horrible, stupid choice.

I give them an F

They should've just used either a 1982 Trans Am like the original series or a 2002ish Trans Am.

The first Fast and the Furious movie came out long after the last MK IV Supra came out in the US and I don't think any of the problems with that movie stemmed from car selection.

[quote name='camoor']If he does then KITT will need to have a breathalizer installed.[/quote]

The rumor mills sez that he'll be in it as the father of the new Knight Rider. His role would be pretty much like Devin in the old series.

[quote name='whoknows']Now that is badass.

The Mustang they are using now was a terrible, horrible, stupid choice.

I give them an F[/quote]

We're on the same page man.

I don't give a fuck about product placement, they should either do justice to the series or not bother with a remake at all. If they turned the "General Lee" into a mustang that might be cool, but KITT is a cheetah and they seem to think he's a thoroughbred.

[quote name='Will']Id like to see George Takei be the new voice of KITT.....

Ok, Im full of shit but really I like hearing George on Howard Stern so I figured wtf, make a jackass remark that people are gonna shit on.[/quote]

George Takei rules.

That poster car looks pretty badass too. Really it could any sleek sports car that's black and it would be a pretty good fit. They might as well make it a fucking F-150 if they're really trying to fuck it up like it seems they are.

bread's done
Back