- - - - -

The "Official" Battlefield 2 CAG clan - come to our own CAG Server!!

#361 jam3582   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:24 PM

Jam if you have a firewall try disabling it as a test. I know the one integrated into my mobo threw a fit the first time I tried to take the game online and locked my box up.

thanks man I was playing with no problems. I dont know why I never tried that earlier. Been playing for an hour just to see how it was running and it was smooth .

The manual says to close out everything when you play. Firewalls, Instant messengers,and anything else you might have running in the background. Kind of harsh, but I guess it needs the whole comp to itself to run smoothly.

double duh I should have read the manual myself and thought of that solution.Thanks also

Saturday: June 25th - 10PM

1. {CAG}Mookyjooky [Game installed & no mic, but may change soon]
2. {CAG}DrChoy [Game installed, mic, headphones, two hookers, and an eightball]
3. {CaG}NoodLe [game installed,have mic, havent tried it yet though]

Tuesday : June 28th - 9:00PM

3. {CaG}NoodLe [might need a reminder for tues before the game]
4. JebusMclucifer [game installed, mic.]
5. {CAG}Jam3582 [game installed,mic everything working now]

im good for tuesday.

#362 Dijital   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   996 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:26 PM

Add me to the clan as wel lplease.
I got a P4 3.4GHz HT
1GB DDR2 RAM Corsair XMS 533MHz
Radeon X600 128MB DDR

#363 sying   Speedy1961 Defense Force CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:35 AM

Im on if anyone wants to join me.

Ronely, I'm so Ronely

#364 bokch0y   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   20 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:35 AM

Is that Sat. 10pm EST? I'm on the west coast, so just wondering.

Yeah everything is EST.

#365 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:39 AM

4. {CAG}SteveMcQ [game installed, but mic not working...trying to fix it, please help]

6. {CAG}SteveMcQ [game installed, but mic not working]

JD, Noodle, and A7slam and I were on late last night practicing on the server. Tons of fun and I think we've got a few pilots in the making.

#366 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24195 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:45 AM

http://eagames.board...xOp.6@.3bd05c20

http://www.forumplan...392&tid=1681842

at least I am not the only one with this problem. Though from the sound of it, I may have to throw down a good wad of cash and get a DVD burner instead of a regular drive because of all the problems DVD games have with regular DVD rom drives ( I read Brothers in arms was having all types of problems with DVD-rom drives as well, and it was a game I was wanting to pick up soon). Kind of sucks because I already spent 60 on a memory upgrade (got a 30 dollar rebate, but it takes 2 months to arrive)

going to try the game at my friends and then decide what to do.

#367 sying   Speedy1961 Defense Force CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:46 AM

good games tonight guys. Not only are we cheap ass gamers, but we use cheap ass tactics to kill each other... ***Cough*** TEchnique *Cough*

#368 jam3582   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:53 AM

are you guys on the server now ill join in as soon as im done doin about 3 more dvd burns.

#369 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:11 AM

Technique is in the game, but he's off somewhere probably for dinner. moebackus just signed on after I signed off. I might play later tonight though.

#370 b0bx13   Ah, custom title. CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:29 AM

I got it today. I have it running, but its looking AND chugging like ass (much worse than the demo), so I'll try to have it running decent by the end of the weekend so I can meet up with you guys next week.

#371 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:34 AM

I've got to hop into a game with the Gulf of Oman map to compare it with the demo, but it looks about the same to me and running similarly. Though it does sometimes seem like the texture resolutions change during the course of the game. One moment, they're sharp and clear, the next they're not so great-looking.

And my stats...games from yesterday still haven't registered. Everything's a zero. Sucks.

#372 JDMxB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:34 AM

4. {CAG}SteveMcQ [game installed, but mic not working...trying to fix it, please help]

7. {CAG}JDMxB [game installed, no mic yet waiting for amazon.com]

JD, Noodle, and A7slam and I were on late last night practicing on the server. Tons of fun and I think we've got a few pilots in the making.

That midair crash between me in the cobra and one of you guys (A7slam)? was awesome.

#373 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:39 AM

That midair crash between me in the cobra and one of you guys (A7slam)? was awesome.

I think that was me. I remember asking what happened since I just exploded in mid-air without the sounds of a missile lock-on or gunfire.

#374 Renegade_Zero   D1 Scholarship CAGiversary!   2529 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Renegade_Zero

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:09 AM

argh I still haven't made it out to the mall...

#375 Noodle Pirate!   My Cat > Your Cat CAGiversary!   2302 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Noodle Pirate!

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:24 PM

I will have to bow out of tonight's match due to new dinner plans. I'll stop by the server after I get back to see if anyone is still playing though. :)

--------------------------------

3. {CAG}SteveMcQ [game installed, but mic not working...trying to fix it, please help]

7. {CAG}JDMxB [game installed, no mic yet waiting for amazon.com]

#376 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24195 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:11 PM

not going to sign up on the sign in sheet because of all the problems I have been having, but I got the game to work. All I had to do was defragment my drive with the game on it.. . I feel like such an idiot

#377 Jaket   Ask me about my Halo 3 stats CAGiversary!   4806 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

well... I have the game... and I reformatted...

but my comp still crashes when I try to play it

:( idk what to do now... my specs more than meet the standards. I'm gonna look into other options soon.

#378 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24195 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:23 PM

:( idk what to do now... my specs more than meet the standards. I'm gonna look into other options soon.

check the planetbattlefield.com forums. They have a whole forum with technical problems and many people have been having similar problems

#379 jam3582   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:18 PM

try this

The manual says to close out everything when you play. Firewalls, Instant messengers,and anything else you might have running in the background. Kind of harsh, but I guess it needs the whole comp to itself to run smoothly.

It has worked for me and I have been smooth sailing from there .

#380 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:04 AM

I still can't figure out my mic issue. I open up Sound Recorder in Windows and it picks up the sound (though it outputs it through the speakers), so it's not muted, but in-game it does nothing.

BTW, is there a way to make our servers a ranked one? Might be a good way to get more CAGs to join up on it and if it becomes too busy we could put a password on it perhaps.

#381 Marshal   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   16 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:42 AM

I still can't figure out my mic issue. I open up Sound Recorder in Windows and it picks up the sound (though it outputs it through the speakers), so it's not muted, but in-game it does nothing.

BTW, is there a way to make our servers a ranked one? Might be a good way to get more CAGs to join up on it and if it becomes too busy we could put a password on it perhaps.

Having a ranked server would be cool, but I'm not sure how EA hands 'em out.

#382 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:57 AM

So...mooky. Only 3 of us signed up for tonight. Are we still playing?

#383 Noodle Pirate!   My Cat > Your Cat CAGiversary!   2302 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Noodle Pirate!

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:59 AM

Dunno if I still have plans tonight, but ill hop on the server until I get called out :) I could use some more piloting lessons

#384 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24195 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:30 AM

I think I got all the kinks finally worked out. So I should be there tuesday, as long as I have no more problems (not signing up until monday to be safe)

#385 Johnny Postman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Johnny Postman

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:37 AM

I didn't know this until today but you have to hold the 'b' key down to talk with (only) your squad. If you're the squad leader, you can also hold the 'v' key to talk to the commander. If you're not part of a squad, you can't talk to anyone.

I would guess that the commander only talks to squad leaders using the 'v' key but not having been a commander, no clue.

#386 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:56 AM

I didn't know this until today but you have to hold the 'b' key down to talk with (only) your squad. If you're the squad leader, you can also hold the 'v' key to talk to the commander. If you're not part of a squad, you can't talk to anyone.

I would guess that the commander only talks to squad leaders using the 'v' key but not having been a commander, no clue.

Thanks, but I do hold the B button when I'm in a squad. It still doesn't work. And at times, even when I hold the B button down, the mic icon doesn't show up. I really have no idea what the deal is. This is one of the reasons I'm not too big on PC gaming. At least with consoles, it's all plug and play.

#387 lordwow   Fmr. VP of the OTT CAGiversary!   20534 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:16 AM

I am getting a brand new NVidia Card today from BB along with BF2 for Free! Woo!

So anyways, I'll probably be joining the clan if that's ok with you guys.

My name in game will be: Lordwow (or {CAG}Lordwow) or something along those lines. No Mic yet, but soon (have to pay off the new card first.

#388 jam3582   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:34 PM

So how did it go last night ? sorry I couldnt make it I was at the movies watching batman begins which by the way is a hot ass movie. I think you have to pay for the ranked servers im not so sure .

What type of mic do you have steve ? is it a USB one or is it the regular one you plug into the back of your card . Have you tried testing it out in the audio options in the game ?

Im gonna try and play on the server but usually no one is there at all Dosent anyone play there atleast for fun . Ill be on tonight .

#389 Noodle Pirate!   My Cat > Your Cat CAGiversary!   2302 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Noodle Pirate!

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:16 PM

I would play more on the cag server if you didnt have to wait for 1 other person to join to start a game. Its really annoying. It would be nice to be able to go in any time and practice flying or look for nice sniping spots on the maps. I guess the game doesnt like you to do it that way though.

#390 beefynutcase   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   7 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

beefynutcase

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:00 PM

I would play more on the cag server if you didnt have to wait for 1 other person to join to start a game. Its really annoying. It would be nice to be able to go in any time and practice flying or look for nice sniping spots on the maps. I guess the game doesnt like you to do it that way though.

You can, you just have to deal with the text in the middle of the screen that says "Game will start when 1 more player joins" or whatever. Other than that you can fly, drive, scout out the map... etc.

I (ColonFeral) was on at the 10pm meet time last night, but only saw 2 other CaGs on. There were 2 guys from some <PAT>? clan also, though I don't know if they were from here or just 2 guys gettin some practice in. Either way I had a decent little bout with em, 2 vs 1 and I more than held my own. It's be nice to see more people play on the CaG server, if just to work on some squad tactics, everytime I join a squad on a ranked server noone communicates and it's all very chaotic.