The "Official" Battlefield 2 CAG clan - come to our own CAG Server!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sainrub']And another, this one is really fast as of now.

http://www.teaminfinity.de/index.php?show=files#

USE THE GH3D MIRRORS LINK BELOW, UBER FAST[/QUOTE]

Thx Your right it is pretty fast...getting about 280kb/sec. The free headset deal at EB and Gamestop..Is it only online or is it in-store also???

I see no reason why this would crap on my comp I have 512 RAM and should be upgrading to a gig by the time BF2 is released

CAG:Verbal.........AIM:Oregano2015

I hope this game isn't too taxing on my PC..... gonna try the demo out, thanks for the link to whoever posted it.

hey mooky just curious but why haven't you put my name on the list? I see the last person on there posted after I did, so are you just ignoring me? or is it something else?

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']hey mooky just curious but why haven't you put my name on the list? I see the last person on there posted after I did, so are you just ignoring me? or is it something else?[/QUOTE]

same here :D

[quote name='CaseyRyback']if it plays decently on my PC I may pick it up. If not, I plan on asking for some Ram for my birthday so I would be able to start playing with you in August[/QUOTE]

the hype has gotten to me. I am ordering a stick of 512 tonight and doing the N64 trade in deal tomorrow to get some credit towards this game

and thanks sainrub for the demo link. I am getting an awesome download speed

wow just got done playing about 5 hours straight this game is ridiculous man wow to bad I couldnt get my head set working Imma play tomorrow here and there if any one wants to start im good to go if im on name is ( JAM3582) who every hasnt played the demo dont waist time go download that sucka .

I'm having a hard time getting this game not to look like ass. My system is:
1.8ghz Pentium 4
Geforce 6600GT
768MB DDR PC2100 RAM
DSL

I've installed the nVidia drivers included with the demo download, and everytime I try to improve the video settings, it says I have to restart the game to set it that way. So far it keeps resetting the settings to the lowest options...I'll keep messing around, but I thought if I could play Half Life 2 and Doom 3 demo smoothly on med-hi settings, I wouldn't have to worry for another couple months at least ;) o well, so far it seems like a fun, huge game!

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is. I bump up the settings on Doom, FarCry, and HL2 without much hitch in the system, but this keeps things "scaled" down for some reason. Textures look like crap.

I have tried twice to download the demo through truedownload, and twice gotten corrupted files.

I'm trying again from a dedicated 100mbit server, hopefully this time it works.

I'm hearing alot of people having issues iwith the demo getting to run properly, I hope mine works out smoothly.

[quote name='humidore']I'm having a hard time getting this game not to look like ass. My system is:
1.8ghz Pentium 4
Geforce 6600GT
768MB DDR PC2100 RAM
DSL

I've installed the nVidia drivers included with the demo download, and everytime I try to improve the video settings, it says I have to restart the game to set it that way. So far it keeps resetting the settings to the lowest options...I'll keep messing around, but I thought if I could play Half Life 2 and Doom 3 demo smoothly on med-hi settings, I wouldn't have to worry for another couple months at least ;) o well, so far it seems like a fun, huge game![/QUOTE]

OK, I dunno what I did, but I managed to keep my settings for online games, so it's not bad. I really like being Commander, showing enemy positions, etc. I wish I would pilot shit better...but count me in as well! "Mongol"

Count me in, I think that I'm probably the best heli pilot you'll ever find in BF. I liked the flying in Desert Combat a lot more because it was more touchy and required more skill.

AIM: klezmer41
Y!: klezmer41
MSN: [email protected] (don't use this email it will bounce)

Im gonna be buying my headset later today before I go into work....So I might be on around 11 or 12 ET....So If you guys give me a server name I might be able to meet up with you guys then

So I downloaded the demo, even though i'm well under minimum requirements.. but the thing is.. it works, and it works damn well. It looks like Medal of Honor on PS1, but that's fine, I don't care - it works. I love it. I'm so glad it works.

Ok, now that everyone is playing for a bit...I think its time pick squads and professions.

I mostly play medic and Drive. I'm an agressive player and kickass with the commander mode now. ;-)

Lets plan to have 3 squads of 5 and a floating commander.

2 of the Squads are Defence and one is Offense.

The Defense hold down the already taken flags and the Offense opens it up and destroys the centers and radars.

I was doing a little planning and was thinking that this was a good set up.

Alpha: (Offense)
Medic
Spec Ops.
Assualt x2
Engineer

Bravo: (Defense)
Engineer
Medic
Suppression x2
Assualt

Charlie:(Defense)
Suppression x2
Medic
Engineer
Assault

Does this sound like a good set up to you all?

-----------------------------------------------

I plan on playing tonight at 9PM Eastern. I'll be messaging you guys at that time. Hows that sound for everyone?

I have two other people to add to the clan that are my roomates.

Also, download Teamspeak 2.0 and even if you dont have a mic, you can at least hear the squad leaders. For this, the squad leaders have to have mics. ;-)

I'll open a Chat room via AIM before playing and we'll set everything up and we'll chose who's going to be squad commanders and general commander.

I dont have a mic (Coming in the mail, thought it would be here by now), so I wont be a squad commander...but I'll play commander for a bit [You dont really need to have a mic, since you pretty much are a slave to the squad commanders...;-) ]

If everything goes right, we'll be kicking mad ass!! Lets do it guys! And keep practicing!

Well after playing my ass off... I really am digging playing assault!

So since everyone so far has really like being defense etc... I'm gonna gram assault offense :)

I'm willing to change it up too, we got some discussing to do :)

I have the demo downloaded and would like to be in the clan, though I got to wait until I get my stick of memory before I start playing because my frame rate is like ass (if I see a stick on sale in the paper tomorrow I may just go ahead and snag it, if not I am going to place an order with Crucial).

I would consider myself a fairly good player, and put a good amount of time into the original and the modern combat beta ). I also do have a mic (my ps2 logitech one) so that would not be an issue.

As far as the type of player I am, I play a lot more offense, and primarily run from point to point trying to capture as many flag points as possible to help keep that ticket counter decreasing. I kill people, but my main concern is nabbing the flag.

Also about the messenger service, don't you think XFire would be a good service to use since BF is probably going to allow for in game chat and you could easily find your clan members online if they are playing somewhere? As far as AIM is concerned, I do not have it at the moment, but will download it tonight or tomorrow

EDIT: AIM Screen name is CaseyRybackDCR

Oh shit, sorry man, "Mongol" is my BF2 name, not my AIM name! I didn't realise I needed to give my AIM name. I think it's.."malicebeez"
So: BF2-"Mongol, AIM-"malicebeez"

EDIT: Also, I've never used Teamspeak. I d/l the client one yeah? I was under the impression it was free, but I see all this stuff about billing n stuff on their site. How does this thing work (I don't have a mic yet, unless I can somehow use the one on my webcam, until I buy a mic/headset).

Cool...I already changed my name to {CAG}DaNotorious1.....Just a heads up..I have a headset and I mostly use medic...As far as defense or offense, Im pretty good on either but would prefer offense but I really dont care

Felt really drowsy tonight mooky...if you're setting up another game tomorrow night I'm in. I'll be checking this thread all afternoon tomorrow.

And if you could kindly put up that instructional for Teamspeak. I'm sure a few others could use it.

I'll take either Bravo or Charlie as Assault.

hey mooky sorry i couldnt join last night but my tooth has been killing me and I forgot about the thread .but anyway I had a problem with my headset but I decided to use the socom headset instead cause it was easier to use.

Im working today but I should be back around 8 or 9 tonight if we gonna get settled . Also SteveMcQ suggested a teamspeak guide well I secon that we do need one .

ok now about how I play I think im average have been getting around 8 to 10 kills a match ( I dunno if thats alot I really dont play online shooters much ) I usually play in a 32 player game or 64 ( if bandwith permits me), I have played sniper which is fn but needs some tweaking , I have played both offense and defense . with offense I usually sneak around hidden unoticed from the enemy until I reach thier base . With defense
I would usually hide unnoticed by the enemy . So I can do which ever is needed I need more practice though ofcourse on offense .

I couldnt join either i got the notice while i was playing and didnt see it till i logged off which was after the meeting :(

Ill try to dl teamspeak even though i dont have a headset yet

I usually play on artofwar 64 player server. Anyone else like the 64 player servers better?
Even though some of us missed the try out, maybe we could see each other on our regular servers. Can be sort of unofficial practices. If we can play together and practice together outisde of official try outs or practices, we can get to know our playstyle better.
Im getting to know medic , sniper, and anti tank.

My computer is down right now but she should be up and ready to go by tuesday/wednesday.

Before I took it apart though, I did manage to get a few rounds in...the game is incredible!

Looking forward to hooking up and being organized with you guys--i really think we could kick some ass if its as organized as this thread sounds!

Hey jam...what specs are you running on your PC? My textures are blurry and the shadowing is a bit off. Especially the ammo on the mounted machine guns on the HUMVEEs. It just looks weird.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hey jam...what specs are you running on your PC? My textures are blurry and the shadowing is a bit off. Especially the ammo on the mounted machine guns on the HUMVEEs. It just looks weird.[/QUOTE]

everything on the highest setting except [size=-1]Anti-aliasing is at 2x , hmm sometimes my shadows are abit off also dosent bother me much but it can look annoying sometimes .Last game I played the tank I was in kept dissapearing on me everytime I would get out of it and the ground kept flickering I thought it was another windows program that was open but it wasnt pretty weird . Imma try to bump up the [/size][size=-1]Anti-aliasing just to see if how much it will slow down my rig .[/size]http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://www.widearea.co.uk/designer/anti.html&e=9777

Is there some option that I'm missing that keeps adjusting the video settings for me? Everytime I try to apply anything, the texture detail keeps getting bumped to Medium. I just want to see how it runs with everything on High.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is there some option that I'm missing that keeps adjusting the video settings for me? Everytime I try to apply anything, the texture detail keeps getting bumped to Medium. I just want to see how it runs with everything on High.[/QUOTE]

I was having that prob also . Just manually set the options 2 high then apply it , it should say on the top custom I think . Just do it all manually see if that works im to sleepy to check but when I wake up tomorrow imma try the options again .

That'd be appreciated. It's a bit hard to snipe with the jaggies all over. And I hate looking at buildings...it's so meh.

That said, I ended up playing for 2 hours straight. 64 player map was completely insane. I tried out sniping, but that doesn't to be my thing. And a freakin' helicopter landed on my head. It was the burning wreckage of one, but that was pretty amazing.

Does anyone else think that the alternate special weapons arent so special?
With the barret light 50 i cant hit anyone. I do love the SA 80 though, that things is fun to fire.
No time limit games are fun too.

Whats a good time for everyone to play? I was thinking on Wed 9pm (Eastern) - we bust some caps.

At Wed, at 9PM Eastern [sharp!!] - I will be on AIM sending chatroom invites to people till 9:15. From there I will show people how to get on the teamspeak server and we'll pick a server to play together on.

I know not everyone has a microphone right now, so only the squad leaders and commander will NEED a mic. Everyone else just does what they say.

I'm sure alot of you have played already, and you can see alot of people dont squad up and run rampant while the team that "squads up" and actually listens to the commander and then the squad leader, kicks ass.

There are only 5 requirements for this clan: (Sneaky may add more, but these are mine)

1. No Racial slurs (Not even joking around, I mean it!)

2. Dont be an annoying douche.

3. YOU MUST LISTEN TO YOUR RANKING OFFICER- even if you don't think its the right desision. Everyone will get their turn to be squad leaders and commanders....but you must listen, otherwise the chain of command is useless. If I hear that you're trying to be "An Army Of One" to much. You're out.

4. No Driving off by yourself without asking people to "Mount up" (Any vehicle that allow multiple passagers)- I'm annoyed by seeing people fly off in helicopters alone while people are asking for rides.

5. Just have fun and keep talking. Even if you dont have a mic...use the "Q" button sayings. It suck to play with silent people who dont tell you that 20 men are coming for the base their at. Staying vocally active is the only way you'll get the support you need.

You dont need a mic to be in the clan, but you need one to be a squad leader or commander.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you can find the Battlefield 2 system requirements given to us by DICE:
Target Minimum Specification Machine:
1.7 Ghz CPU
512 Megabytes of RAM
128 MB video card (must support 1.4 shaders)

Recommended Specification Machine:
2.66 Ghz CPU
1024 Megabytes of RAM
256 MB video card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Classes:

Sniper
They can act as forward observers for the commander and can do considerable damage to the infantry. The sniper has a ghillie suit that can camouflage him well against his surroundings. The US scope resembles the one in counter strike, and the Russian scope resembles to the one in DC only with better resolution. Armed with knife, pistol, rifle with scope, binoculars and smoke grenades.

Special Ops
Special Ops are suited extremely well for taking and defending of flags and buildings. Special Forces are no storm troops and should not go head on against the heavily defended positions. They are good for close combat but not very effective at long range. Special Forces are armed with knife, pistol, assault rifle, C4, and binoculars. The C4 can get stuck on: buildings, vehicles and players.

Assault
Main attack unit that has body armour meaning he takes less damage than others but is not as quick as others (without armour). Armed with knife, pistol and assault weapon with grenade launcher (that can cause damage to tanks and very effective against infantry). Very strong unit but needs to work in cooperation with others to maintain its efficiency (ammo, health etc)

Support
Armed with a machinegun as the main weapon and has good body armour. Can also give ammo to teammates. When in a vehicle, the vehicle becomes the supply vehicle and people around a certain radius will be get ammo.

Engineer
Can repair vehicles and buildings. Armed with a shotgun (not made to conduct an assault). When in a vehicle, the vehicle becomes a repair vehicle and other units around a certain radius will be repaired.

Medic
Light and agile and can distribute health packs and revive dead teammates with defibrillator (within 10 seconds: he can see the countdown on his HUD). Defibrillator becomes a one-shot kill weapon when used on the enemy. They are quick but not meant to hold or assault flags. The Medic is equipped with defibrillator, pistol, assault rifle, and Med Pack. When in a vehicle, everyone around a medic gets health automatically.

Anti-Tank
Armed with knife, pistol and sub machine gun. Has a rocket launcher and mines but in short supply so he has to be close to a support unit. Some skill is needed to aim and guide the rocket which have a rather far reach and are quite quick. Rockets are effective against infantry and armored vehicles.

I think this is a great setup and I have a good idea.

I saw people with this setup and it was fucking awesome...so I figured we'd steal it. The only thing is...I see people not wanting to be medics, or supplies...which is crucial.

So Heres how to fix that...I'll write a bunch of names down and place them in a hat. Then I'll go right down the row picking people for the positions in class. For that game you'll be that class for the whole game. The next game we'll pick randomly again.

After a while, we'll have people who are good at certain things better and we'll use this experience to realize that. Remember, this is just practice...the game doesnt come out till June 29th!!

Squad Alpha: (Offensive)
Sniper
Assault
Anti-Tank
Special Ops

Squad Bravo: (Defensive)
Sniper
Anti-Tank
Assault
Special Ops

Squad Charlie: (Defensive)
Sniper
Anti-Tank
Assault
Special Ops

Squad Delta: (Fixers) [These guys will be floating all over the place, keeping us together]
Medic
Engineer

Squad Echo: (Fixers) [These guys will be floating all over the place, keeping us together]
Medic
Support

Alright Wednesday 9PM would be perfect...I get out of work at 4....Also I purchased a headset this week so I have a mic and I have no problem being squad leader.....I strongly suggest people who dont have mics to pick them up.....This game is so much better when everyone on the squad is vocally active.....and as a reminder

AIM=Oregano2015

Nice mooky. Wednesday works great. I'll try the other classes out between now and then to practice, but I'm definetely not much of a sniper, though I did come away with 19 kills the other night.

Is there a problem if your in-game name doesn't have "{CAG}" infront of it? I can try to make a new account, but I think I used 2 email address already (first one didn't work, blah blah blah ;))...It's no big deal anyway.

The random class thing sounds good, since I haven't settled into one main class (I loved being medic in ET, but it's a lot harder in this game cause you die much faster (?)).

Also, what are the alternate weapons? Are they in the demo, or are they the ones you need a patch or something to unlock them? I don't know the names of the weapons at all (just the classes they are assigned to, for the most part), it's a bitch when you get killed and don't know what class did it (which kinda helps i guess)...

Last point, how come you don't die with you lay on C4 and detonate it under you? You just shoot yourself up into the air, and die when hitting the ground. I dunno if this was in previous BF's, but it's kinda....weird. I blew myself off the hotel (tall building by pool) for fun...I couldnt record it with FRAPS for some reason tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back