The "Official" Battlefield 2 CAG clan - come to our own CAG Server!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaseyRyback']if we all chipped in 6 you would not have to be out the 20. Hell you already built the teamspeak server, you should not be out 20 on top of that[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm just trying to get everyone to do it...I figured if I paid $20, it would make people more likely to chip in cause I'm taking one for the team...

If you guys really want to do this, chime in and say "yay" or "nay".

Also, I havent seen 64 player servers, but I'm sure for $10 bucks each a month we could be kickin one of those.

But 32 players or 64 players is fine by me. I'd love to have a CAG server though. ;-)

Remember 9pm tonight!! I'm adding all of you to my AIM buddy list.

[quote name='Marshal']Yeah, that WAS a bit "emo" of me, I'll admit. Sorry for that, and I'm looking forward to playing with the clan later on today. As for the server idea, if you get enough people, I can give about $5-10 a month on it, although it'd have to be through Paypal or snail mail.[/QUOTE]

Word, thanks for the apology and you're ok by me.

I'll ask tonight what everyone thinks about a BF2 server in the AIM chatroom and we'll see from there. I have a paypal account so paypal would be fine.

Maybe I could set up a paypal subscription? Hmmmm...

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Word, thanks for the apology and you're ok by me.

I'll ask tonight what everyone thinks about a BF2 server in the AIM chatroom and we'll see from there. I have a paypal account so paypal would be fine.

Maybe I could set up a paypal subscription? Hmmmm...[/QUOTE]

YAY

yeah yeah Im down and id pay 6 so you wouldnt have to fork over the 20 and if we do wanna do the 64 player server I think id be down . so yeah Ill be there waiting for you invite at 9:00 . Cant wait this is gonna be hot . thank you sir :applause:

I'm not positive I'll be home by 6pm PST (9PM EST) tonite...Hopefully you'll all be playing (or some of you) later into the night. Otherwise I guess Saturday for me. Sorry, hope I can make it.

PS: I wouldn't be able to chip in any money till Fall Semester when I get financial aid. Hopefully I still get the same amount as the last 2 years, in which case I could probably chip in $5/mo.

[quote name='humidore']I'm not positive I'll be home by 6pm PST (9PM EST) tonite...Hopefully you'll all be playing (or some of you) later into the night. Otherwise I guess Saturday for me. Sorry, hope I can make it.

PS: I wouldn't be able to chip in any money till Fall Semester when I get financial aid. Hopefully I still get the same amount as the last 2 years, in which case I could probably chip in $5/mo.[/QUOTE]

yea some of us will prolly still be on so hit us up .

Sorry didn't realize I had buddy block on aim. Just realized it today actually, aha. I have been playing a little. I'll be on tonight for awhile. My name is {CAG}Superstar

Other than Verbal/Notorious being an ass... I think it went....er .... ok....

It was our first time out and alot of people didnt seem to know how to switch teams, and if they did...they didnt know to keep trying if it wasnt allowing them.

I keep trying and it worked for me.

Also...sorry about my headset guys....

I think that using the INGAME voice as well is much better. Lets forget teamspeak.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Other than Verbal/Notorious being an ass... I think it went....er .... ok....

It was our first time out and alot of people didnt seem to know how to switch teams, and if they did...they didnt know to keep trying if it wasnt allowing them.

I think that using the INGAME voice as well is much better. Lets forget teamspeak.[/QUOTE]

sounds good. I think we can get used to the game the more we play with each other. Can't wait to play with everyone on Saturday

Yeah, the in-game lets you know who's talking and where they are on the map. After about the first 30 minutes though, the mics went silent. I can't say I contributed since I was still trying to get used to the game.

If I may suggest something, could the squad leaders be a little more out-spoken? Maybe I have the idea of squads/teams on a totally different level not intended for the gameplay type, but I was expecting "Gunner come with me, flank them left while Assault comes with me and weasels them out."

Is that the type of gameplay we should be expecting? Or more...group of guys...go here. Do what you want. Then follow me to the next point.

That was fun though...if only we could make sure all of us were on the same team.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, the in-game lets you know who's talking and where they are on the map. After about the first 30 minutes though, the mics went silent. I can't say I contributed since I was still trying to get used to the game.

If I may suggest something, could the squad leaders be a little more out-spoken? Maybe I have the idea of squads/teams on a totally different level not intended for the gameplay type, but I was expecting "Gunner come with me, flank them left while Assault comes with me and weasels them out."

Is that the type of gameplay we should be expecting? Or more...group of guys...go here. Do what you want. Then follow me to the next point.

That was fun though...if only we could make sure all of us were on the same team.[/QUOTE]

yea I was expecting that also . Not many people were answering the calls for help. the leaders of the squads werent even answering me when I asked for orders .

I would like to know also how the mic works cause it looks like if everyone were to have it then it would be better. Casey did u use your mic aswell ? Because I also have the socom headset I wanted to know if it worked well with you while playing ?

also Im up for another game tonight I prolly wont be doing anything so maybe we can practice together ?

would there be anyway for some of us to get together and just have a practice match . its so we could test out the mics , form squads ,learn the terrain better ,learn the names of the flag positions, learn the interface better , and to get some good communication going.

The game we had last night was fun but I was thinking we were gonna get organized first and to see who works best at what. Anyone else feel the same way ?

Thanks.

I'll have to read up on how the in-game mic works. I don't know if you have to hold down a button or not. I think Casey had a mic last night, but since not too many people were using theirs, he stoped talking.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Other than Verbal/Notorious being an ass... I think it went....er .... ok....

I think that using the INGAME voice as well is much better. Lets forget teamspeak.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me.....I dont remember being an asshole...Maybe you can explain to me how I offended you?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'll have to read up on how the in-game mic works. I don't know if you have to hold down a button or not. I think Casey had a mic last night, but since not too many people were using theirs, he stoped talking.[/QUOTE]

YEs You have to hold a button down.....I believe default is B....There were a couple of problems going on yesterday...#1 no one was on the same team which made teamspeak useless, which is why i agree with you guys about using the in-game VOIP.....#2 People who were cool and supposedly playing with CAG didnt have the {CAG} infront of their name so it made things complicated....#3 Squad leaders need to be more vocally active and not run off whereever the hell you feel like without tellling the squad.....Hopefully the next time through will be much smoother.

[quote name='jam3582']yea I was expecting that also . Not many people were answering the calls for help. the leaders of the squads werent even answering me when I asked for orders .

I would like to know also how the mic works cause it looks like if everyone were to have it then it would be better. Casey did u use your mic aswell ? Because I also have the socom headset I wanted to know if it worked well with you while playing ?

also Im up for another game tonight I prolly wont be doing anything so maybe we can practice together ?[/QUOTE]

I could not hear anyone after a certain point ( i think it had to do with how I had my stuff setup, for some reason voice was coming through the speakers), though I do know that using the in game system I can hear everyone in my squad completely clear as I had a game on a different server where the whole squad stuck together and used the mics.

and jam download XFire so we can play together and get on a squad together to test sometime. I would like to know if my voice is working as well.

I'm guilty of not switching teams, mostly because when everyone went marines, it made the teams 18 to 12. I'm all about fairness. It's hard to get any good practice in when the other team doesnt have a chance to fight back. Later on I did try to switch but it wouldn't let me so I said screw it :p
Also if I was ever accidentally squad leader I apologize, I dont lead very well so if I ran off to the side without telling anyone while I was squad leader it was to snipe.

Im usually pick the class that is relevant to the current situation that I am in, sometimes anti tank, sometimes sniper etc. If anyone wants me to pick one certain role next time and stick with it then let me know.
At first it went well I thought, we had orders and we stuck together a bit, but later on, we didnt receive any new orders and it kind of fell apart.

I think that in future games it can only get better and more organized.
I had a lot of fun. Look foward to more games!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I could not hear anyone after a certain point ( i think it had to do with how I had my stuff setup, for some reason voice was coming through the speakers), though I do know that using the in game system I can hear everyone in my squad completely clear as I had a game on a different server where the whole squad stuck together and used the mics.

and jam download XFire so we can play together and get on a squad together to test sometime. I would like to know if my voice is working as well.[/QUOTE]

alright ill make sure of that thanks for the suggestion. now how did you get the mic to work I need like a step by step instructions cause it wasnt working for me. I dont mean to be a bother by asking for this process.

I still like what mookey had said earlier about the chain of commands . I think with practice it would work so well and make us way better as a team cause. I like the ingame VOIP but its just there isnt an Acknowledgement when I call for orders or request back up and I kno its hard to type during a fire fight.

[quote name='jam3582']alright ill make sure of that thanks for the suggestion. now how did you get the mic to work I need like a step by step instructions cause it wasnt working for me. I dont mean to be a bother by asking for this process.

I still like what mookey had said earlier about the chain of commands . I think with practice it would work so well and make us way better as a team cause. I like the ingame VOIP but its just there isnt an Acknowledgement when I call for orders or request back up and I kno its hard to type during a fire fight.[/QUOTE]

I did what you told me to do in the control panel

then I tested the mic both in game and out of game. Go to audio options in the game to see if you can hear yourself speak through the test

also a lot of people just are not talking which is adding to the confusion of people who have mics. hold down the B button in a squad and you will see a mic emblem which should indicates that you can speak

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I did what you told me to do in the control panel

then I tested the mic both in game and out of game. Go to audio options in the game to see if you can hear yourself speak through the test

also a lot of people just are not talking which is adding to the confusion of people who have mics. hold down the B button in a squad and you will see a mic emblem which should indicates that you can speak[/QUOTE]

when he said to do the thing in the control panel, I didn't quite understand it. can you please say it again?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I did what you told me to do in the control panel

also a lot of people just are not talking which is adding to the confusion of people who have mics. hold down the B button in a squad and you will see a mic emblem which should indicates that you can speak[/QUOTE]

oh I should have known you could test it out in the options menu . Now what about teamspeak what if we were going to use that ? also if you arent in a squad im guessing you cant use the mic at all correct?

[quote name='Verbal']Excuse me.....I dont remember being an asshole...Maybe you can explain to me how I offended you?

YEs You have to hold a button down.....I believe default is B....There were a couple of problems going on yesterday...#1 no one was on the same team which made teamspeak useless, which is why i agree with you guys about using the in-game VOIP.....#2 People who were cool and supposedly playing with CAG didnt have the {CAG} infront of their name so it made things complicated....#3 Squad leaders need to be more vocally active and not run off whereever the hell you feel like without tellling the squad.....Hopefully the next time through will be much smoother.[/QUOTE]

I remember coming in hearing you bitch about using teamspeak, and hearing you bitch that the 1st clan get together was poorly exucuted..

I'm sorry that we didnt rent a $250 dollar a month 64 player server, and everyone wasnt up to your standards of play, and I didnt order a hooker and have her sent to your house to juggle your balls in her mouth during the boring map loading time and everyone wasnt using the same thing to easily all get together...

I was doing the best that I could with the stuff that I had...if you had an issue with it...you could of been constructive and said something to me about it, but instead you bailed out in the first 10 mins bitching all the way out.

Doing shit like that ruins the experience for everyone, do it again and it'll be the last time I invite you.

I care about your opinions and ideas, as you have alot of good ones, but your lack of tact that comes with your ideas is annoying. In the future, dont bitch out 10 mins in the game, and let me know about things I should change.

This is my first clan guys, I'm working hard to get it going...give me a chance.

As for everyone else, thank you for being very patient and we'll all get on the same wave-length soon enough...It just takes time.

In the meantime, on Fri night I'll be reimaging my machine so I can use my mic...and we'll get better and better at getting together in the future.

I've just signed up for xfire as well (stevemcq) and I'll install that later tonight. Is the in-game chat based off of the chain of command system or is that speak to all on team type of thing?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I've just signed up for xfire as well (stevemcq) and I'll install that later tonight. Is the in-game chat based off of the chain of command system or is that speak to all on team type of thing?[/QUOTE]

I think its an ingame IM chat client...not headset chat...but I may be wrong.

The built in Battlefield 2 headset chat IS based on command AFAIK.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']when he said to do the thing in the control panel, I didn't quite understand it. can you please say it again?[/QUOTE]

bascially you go into the control panel, look up your audio devices and click around in all the sound devices and get it all fixed up with your mic. The sound and audio devices help you set where the mic plays (seperating the game to your speakers and the in game voices to your mic), and there are several other things you can toy around with while in your audio settings dealing with your mic (just play around with them)

sorry for not being specific but I am still playing around with them

any chance you guys want to have an informal get together tonight?

maybe a few of you could download XFire and have some of us added to your friends list so that we could get together and the spot we are all playing at would be marked

So, our server will be up probably tonight. Now we'll be able to play and all be on the same team.

Right now I am making a Squad List for 16 players. As time goes on I'll occupy it with more frequent players...but as of now, I've just asked people on aim and in this thread what their best at.

The spot you're picked for is yours, and not to be deviated from...I'm trying my best to be fair..and if anyone has any ideas, please share....but to cause less hecticness...People will have "jobs", and only they can do it... (I'm hoping this will alleviate 6 people waiting for a Jet)

If they're not here for a game, but someone else from the clan is...then the clanmate filler take the spot unfilled...

Does that sound fair to everyone?

===========================
(3 Slots still open)

All defense. (The Job can be Assault, Anti-tank, Medic, or Engineer)
===========================

You keep your job for 2 weeks, but after 2 weeks (4 games) ...you can trade with someone else in the slot...if they'll trade with you, then let me know and I'll change the list.

Now this is only for clan days, on your free days, your free to do whatever the hell you want. ;-)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'll take up defense with an Assault/Anti-tank kit (depending on situation) please.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how to lead a squad? I'd like to put you in charge of Charlie squad.

These are the current Battlefield 2 Positions and Jobs. Let me know if you have problems with this. Otherwise, Save in and print it and stick it on your wall or something.

Battlefield2Positions.gif

Also, I made a map of things to do at first spawn. The First spawn is very crucial and I hate to see 7 teamates standing on the carrier for no reason...

***I forgot to add spawn point for Charlie, but pretend it says you spawn on the bottom right, and you take tanks and buggies up there.

1stspawnmap.jpg

Holy cow, that's awesome.

Just so everyone knows, you can switch kits if you want to. For example, when an ally/enemy dies, he leaves the kit of the person he was (I.E. if he was a medic, he'll drop a medic kit). When you walk over it and press "g" you can pick up that kit, switching out which character you are. Just a head's up!

I know a few of you are already playing, but does anyone want to have an informal get together around 9 tonight (EST)?

I got some homework, but I should be done by then

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I know a few of you are already playing, but does anyone want to have an informal get together around 9 tonight (EST)?

I got some homework, but I should be done by then[/QUOTE]

yeah yeah im down usually anytime at night . Oh I got my mic working but I am not using the socom one ( that one wasnt working in the game but was on windows) so imma try it out if we can tonight if not thats ok .

Mooky Nice map good idea about the six man chopper heading to the crane that would give us that flag quick . I got my xfire up as you can see with my sig . So ill leave my aim on also.

Define your version of suppresion cause SAW is my worst class. Also you might want some more anti tank for defense. A competant sniper and sf can repel almost any flagg attempt except for armor.

Sounds cool. What server do you guys usually stay on, if its any specific one? Just randomly playing, I mean, not sceduled meetups. Also, anyone can add me on xfire if they want, my user name is : d34db0dym4n

[quote name='Marshal']Holy cow, that's awesome.

Just so everyone knows, you can switch kits if you want to. For example, when an ally/enemy dies, he leaves the kit of the person he was (I.E. if he was a medic, he'll drop a medic kit). When you walk over it and press "g" you can pick up that kit, switching out which character you are. Just a head's up![/QUOTE]

thanks for the tip .

Is it gonna be the same server from last night ?

Right now I'm using the server from wednesday night (70.85.188.162).

IMO, we should stick to the server from the last formal meeting for random playing, so its easy to meet up without coordinating anything.

o, and mooky another question, Can I alternate between sniper and Spec. Ops? Like if I'm not doing good one day or something? like not for every time, but every so often.

[quote name='b0bx13']Right now I'm using the server from wednesday night (70.85.188.162).

IMO, we should stick to the server from the last formal meeting for random playing, so its easy to meet up without coordinating anything.[/QUOTE]

Good server, ill start playing there from now on.

edit : just to note, I am horrible at flying. Possibly the worst ever LOL. So uh, unless someone can teach me, I wouldn't be a good choice for that.

[quote name='Superstar']Good server, ill start playing there from now on.

edit : just to note, I am horrible at flying. Possibly the worst ever LOL. So uh, unless someone can teach me, I wouldn't be a good choice for that.[/QUOTE]

lol I am too wish I could get those damn controls right .

[quote name='jam3582']lol I am too wish I could get those damn controls right .[/QUOTE]

Yeah it never works out for me. I am amazed to see people go insane with flying, and use their keyboards.

Woah...I'm heading a squad? I can say I've never done that, but I don't mind giving it a try. Flizmo, Dare and Superstar can see how I do and we'll figure it out from there. If the three of you have that sort of experience before then let mooky now in this thread.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Woah...I'm heading a squad? I can say I've never done that, but I don't mind giving it a try. Flizmo, Dare and Superstar can see how I do and we'll figure it out from there. If the three of you have that sort of experience before then let mooky now in this thread.[/QUOTE]

I can't say that I have done it before. Do you think you are up to it? With practice, and seeing how we all work together, I am sure you will do good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back