The "Official" Battlefield 2 CAG clan - come to our own CAG Server!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jam3582']looks like the first review is up for the game at IGN http://pc.ign.com/articles/627/627218p1.html

we wont be dissapointed witht he rest of the game . How many of you guys reserved the game ? I know I have wensday cant come soon enough .[/QUOTE]

I had a Barnes&Nobles $100 gift card, so through their site (which is connected with Gamestop for games) i preodered....It was either this or putting it toward the DS+Mario bundle. I figured I won't be into DS until the real good stuff comes out this Fall, so looks like I'll be on my PC this summer (besides study/work)...

[quote name='humidore']I had a Barnes&Nobles $100 gift card, so through their site (which is connected with Gamestop for games) i preodered....It was either this or putting it toward the DS+Mario bundle. I figured I won't be into DS until the real good stuff comes out this Fall, so looks like I'll be on my PC this summer (besides study/work)...[/QUOTE]

awesome good choice I have a DS and you are not really missing much except for wario ware touched and the best ds game so far kirbys canvas curse . Anyone with a ds must get that game. Anybody else pre-order who will be joining in the fun ?

Oh, on a side note: anyone check out the BFTV mode? I managed to d/l one match (I think it really depends on the server's settings, and the server should be online when u d/l it...or something. I say this cause i could d/l the match a few hours after i played it, but i cant d/l any of them now, a day later). It's a bit lacking in explanation (takes a while to figure out how to slow down stuff, move up and down in free cam mode, etc.), but it's kinda cool. If you liked the Director modes in Driver, this is a lot better in my opinion. I haven't figured out if there is a 1st person mode though (it's all 3rd person/spectator view).

I can send the file if anyone wants to see how it is (i'm not sure this will work, but i don't see why now. Just put it in the right folder and it should be fine i assume). It's about 6MB's.

Thanks for the link Mooky. After using the program the article suggested, I was able to up every thing a notch or two, and still get a slightly better frame rate than before. Definitely worth the 15 or so minutes to go through the guide.

Also, I've been using this, and so far it's seemed to live up to its claim:
http://www.einfodaily.com/gamenet.php#gamexl

I have set up rcon for the server. Initially I am limiting access to squad leaders and mods. In a few weeks after I have seen how it is working out I will go ahead and give it out to the entire team with the stipulation of NO A$$HATTERY! Cheapassseal, SteveMcQ, and CaseyRyback please PM me and I will send you the password. All the commands you will need should be here. http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf2/game/server/

[quote name='Johnny Postman']I'd like to join as well but never signed up for any IM service... is AIM the best/most noob friendly or should one of the others... any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

almost all of them are easy to install (never used one that was not). Aside from AIM you should probably download XFire only because it tracks what server your friends play on allowing you to easily join them

Looks like EBgames are starting to ship out their preorders today. Whether they just sent the shipping papers to ups or actually sent the games out I dont know, but hope that means we might get it a bit earlier then thought.

[quote name='jam3582']I just read both reviews and must say this is a must get .Both reviews say that its a good idea to use the headset .So I already got mine working so in game so Im good . How bout you casey you get yours to work correctly in game ?[/QUOTE]

I got the battlefield headset from the pre-order to use now. It works pretty well I think, bokchoy could hear me so I think it was working. My only problem is I have onboard sound and the headset jack is attached to my speakers and it does not reach.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I got the battlefield headset from the pre-order to use now. It works pretty well I think, bokchoy could hear me so I think it was working. My only problem is I have onboard sound and the headset jack is attached to my speakers and it does not reach.[/QUOTE]

Ack, I think I'll have the same problem then. I was hoping the preorder headset's cords were somewhat long...My onboard sound card's ports are in the back of my tower too, and unless the cords are real long, it'll be a bitch...There are extenders though I imagine (cheap ones, otherwise i might as well get a USB headset)?

[quote name='jam3582']so is there a way to just get the chat in the headset while the sound effects on the speakers just like socom?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats what i'm wondering too. I hate having all that noise right in my ear, like in counter strike.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']I'd like to join as well but never signed up for any IM service... is AIM the best/most noob friendly or should one of the others... any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Though you will still have to sign up for the accounts for AIM/MSN/Yahoo/(w/e) I highly reccomend using Trillian, which basically compiles all your buddies into one messanger service, so no matter which service your friends use, you'll be able to chat with them. Its mighty convenient! Also, due to AIM's new policy, I don't like to use their messanger. Not that I have anything to hide, its just a matter of principle to me.

Would like an answer to my previous post about helicopter flying pls...

Just got through playing with Technique on the CAG server, which as of right now seems to be down.

I nominate that man for chopper pilot!!! He spot landed on the top of the hotel where I hopped out to snipe the opposing team...that landing was incredible smooth as ice. haha i'd be his wingman anytime.

Good teamwork even with like 8 players on the map, it's really amazing how this game changes when you have an organized fire team and a good commander!

C'mon guys only one day left...lets get some games in!

yea he is a really awesome pilot. When he said he was a BF veteran he was not lying.

and If I can get my copy tomorrow from EB like I was told, I will probably be on tomorrow. If not, I am going to try and finish Doom 3 as well as a project for one of my classes

Casey...that headset is this one right?
1566.gif

Which I'm assuming is the same one that came with UT2004. I can't get it to work now. It was working fine over Teamspeak, but in BF2, the "B" button doesn't do anything. Any suggestions on what the work-around is?

And another bump for the question: "Is there a way to send the radio chatter to the headset and the sound effects to the speakers?"

[quote name='JDMxB']Just got through playing with Technique on the CAG server, which as of right now seems to be down.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the server server binary somehow reloaded. There are no logs so I can't tell if it was because EA pushed some kind of lock us out in one day update or what.

Thanks Casey and JDM! You guys are great too! JDM is quite the commander, hehehe.. Although, there was that one time when you team killed me. ;) hahaha.. I was asking for it though.

For the unknowing, EA has shut down the demo's servers, so you won't be able to play the demo. Which is actually okay by me, seeing as I'll be leaving to go pick up the actual game in a couple hours ^_^

[quote name='Marshal']For the unknowing, EA has shut down the demo's servers, so you won't be able to play the demo. Which is actually okay by me, seeing as I'll be leaving to go pick up the actual game in a couple hours ^_^[/QUOTE]

Best Buy don't fail me now.

fucking A, I hope CompUSA hurries up :bomb:

And what the hell, Every Battlefield ad I see has the 22nd as the "official" date, why shut down the servers already?

[quote name='b0bx13']fucking A, I hope CompUSA hurries up :bomb:

And what the hell, Every Battlefield ad I see has the 22nd as the "official" date, why shut down the servers already?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wonder why . Im wondering also what about the people who dont know if they would want this game then that means the demo is obsolete ? confused .

anyone see it yet ?

Finally got signed up for AIM/Xfire and am looking for a decent mic to use. Anyone have a recommendation?

I have the Sennheiser PC150 headset but don't like using it since it shuts off my speakers and all the in-game sound is routed to the headphones along with voice-chat.

Just a stand-alone mic would leave voice chat to come out through the surround speakers, right?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']"Is there a way to send the radio chatter to the headset and the sound effects to the speakers?"[/QUOTE]
Anyone? And my damn mic won't work again. Did you get yours working mooky? I need to get this fixed by tomorrow.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Finally got signed up for AIM/Xfire and am looking for a decent mic to use. Anyone have a recommendation?

I have the Sennheiser PC150 headset but don't like using it since it shuts off my speakers and all the in-game sound is routed the headphones along with voice-chat.

Just a stand-alone mic would leave voice chat to come out through the surround speakers, right?[/QUOTE]

you can change that setting so you could have your sound on the speakers. go to control panel , then to sounds and audio devices, then hit the voice tab button , the change the voice playback to ur soundcard.

Edit : I think I found a solution to the problem we have with the voice comming out the speaker . Imma look into this when I get home but check the audio tab in sounds and audio devices configuration. It lets you chose where sound comes from , so we would change that to the sound card, and then we would change the voice to the headset.

just stoped by my local ebgames the dude said tomorrow he didnt get anything yet.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Anyone? And my damn mic won't work again. Did you get yours working mooky? I need to get this fixed by tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

try what I suggested in the post above. Im not home right now to check but give it a shot .

So are we meeting up tomorrow night instead of tonight? Looks like most stores will have it tomorrow (I'm getting it at Fry's).

I'll try what you suggested jam, thanks.

Southern California EBs/Gamestop didn't get them in for sale, or won't sale them until tomorrow.

I'll be at Frys in Industry at 8am to pick up my copy.

I'll be picking up my copy tomorrow (hopefully). Not sure if I'm looking to join a BF2 clan just yet, but I'll definetly check in on your server. In-game name will most likely be Colon Feral.

Perfect timing for me. Z-5500s just came in today. Gonna set aside the Z-680s on my desktop and put these babies in. Can't wait for tomorrow.

this is the first time i'm using xfire/teamspeak. I am technical enough to install it and such but can someone please enlighten me on how the teamspeak portion works?

I don't think we'll be using Teamspeak anymore. I think mooky decided to go with the in-game voice option since it functions better.

I got my copy about an hour ago. It was 3 day shipping from Gamestop, but it arrived in 2 days.
No one will verify for me whether or not my mic is working. Maybe that means it isn't....

[quote name='A7las']I got my copy about an hour ago. It was 3 day shipping from Gamestop, but it arrived in 2 days.
No one will verify for me whether or not my mic is working. Maybe that means it isn't....[/QUOTE]

did u try testing it in windows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back