The "Official" Battlefield 2 CAG clan - come to our own CAG Server!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Id like to join the clan too. Ive been playing the regular battlefield game for a while now, so I guess you could call me pretty good. :) Anyways, sign me up for special ops if possible. My AIM is xmorgex

[quote name='Superstar']
edit : just to note, I am horrible at flying. Possibly the worst ever LOL. So uh, unless someone can teach me, I wouldn't be a good choice for that.[/QUOTE]
Lesson 1: With a plane, don't bother learning how to land. If you want to get on the ground, pick a hostile target, time it, bail, and watch the fireworks :cool:

VARIATION: Rig up plane with some C4 before flying. Do everything else the same, but when the plane is about to hit the target, press the big red button while you glide down to the ground with your parachute. Also very satisfying. :D

That was some craziness tonight there bob. I see you and Marshal noticed my special ops one man raids. Hahaha. I was feeling a little Chuck Norris Delta Force, but wow was that fun. Littered the runway with C4 and waited 'till they rolled over then BAM!!!! Fireworks. I could've just stayed there all day if someone covered the base entrance and had a supply box back by the oil drums.

[quote name='b0bx13']Lesson 1: With a plane, don't bother learning how to land. If you want to get on the ground, pick a hostile target, time it, bail, and watch the fireworks :cool:

VARIATION: Rig up plane with some C4 before flying. Do everything else the same, but when the plane is about to hit the target, press the big red button while you glide down to the ground with your parachute. Also very satisfying. :D[/QUOTE]

That would make an awesome movie...add in some cheesy voices and it's classic (probably been done to death I bet!...won't stop me tho)

Hey guys, the server is up and running. You can hit it at cag.ntelos.net or 209.145.66.254. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to have Cheapy give it a hostname of bf2.cheapassgamer.com, so I will see if I can scare up some contact info for him or I'll just let Mooky handle it. Anyway the box is an Ath XP 2500 with 1.5GB of ram, hanging off of a lightly used DS3 (45mbps) so lag shouldn't be an issue. Please feel free to get in and give this baby a workout, that way your friendly neighborhood server admins, Chachi (aka abanjai) and myself will know if we need to add some ass to this little gaming ho.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Woah...I'm heading a squad? I can say I've never done that, but I don't mind giving it a try. Flizmo, Dare and Superstar can see how I do and we'll figure it out from there. If the three of you have that sort of experience before then let mooky now in this thread.[/QUOTE]

I havent done it either myself... I think you will do fine....

[quote name='Marshal']As long as you work as a team, hey, it should be all gravy.[/QUOTE]
I don't know...going rogue and sneaking about the back part of the map as a spec ops and planting C4 all over the map was awfully fun.

BTW, is there really a large benefit to holding the airbase in the back where the MECs start? All we ended up doing was destroying the radar station, the artillery, a few jets, and the command center. Gameplay-wise, it didn't really seem to affect the game too much in our favor.

Since Charlie Company spawns on the far right of the map and goes for the hotel at the start, is it even worth going to the airbase or do we just hold there?

There is a tank at the airbase that spawns for the MECs and that's the one that always seems to come rumbling into the Hotel spawnpoint and wreaks havoc.

BTW, how long do kits stay on the field? I liked using the Spec Ops kit when doing some demo work, but when I get killed, I like to switch to the Assault or Anti-tank depending on what guys are in the area, then I like to switch back when I get back to my original kit.

just an idea I saw work fairly well yesterday. If bokchoy decides to keep flying the chopper after all the people are dropped off me or some other engineer should stay with him along with a gunner to help take out surrounding targets (with the engineer fixing the chopper during the insuing combat)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']just an idea I saw work fairly well yesterday. If bokchoy decides to keep flying the chopper after all the people are dropped off me or some other engineer should stay with him along with a gunner to help take out surrounding targets (with the engineer fixing the chopper during the insuing combat)[/QUOTE]

We could try it, but I really need to work on my airframe skills before we plan on it working. On the ground I am a killing machine, in the air I am a suicide bomber. Maybe a compromise is to have someone else keep flying (I hear rumor that klezmer is a hotshot pilot) while an engineer stays behind and mans one gun while the chopper orbits the attack site. I need to get some WoW on for a while tonight, but if anyone in Alpha wants to find me on AIM afterwards to work on some tactics I'm bockchoyavenger on IM. Please don't forget the clan server is 209.145.66.254, if we need to password it so we can try out some crazy tactics I can set it up.

Anyone in Charlie a good sniper and tank driver? The only places tanks spawn for MECs are at the Hotel and airbase and if we can get a sniper and perhaps an anti-tank crew up on top of the hotel, we can take out the tank at the hotel and spot the other tank that'll likely come from the airbase. There's only one other APC that comes from the construction site.

The tank could come in from the west of the hotel through the broken wall and a couple of guys on foot could come in from the south while the sniper can move up to the rooftop.

Damn I was looking forward to this demo. I goto EA's site to see what to do about the whole drivers thing and I see this:

*Video
Video card must have 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets:
  • NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater
  • ATI Radeon 8500 or greater
:cry:

Are we meeting up tonight?

I guess I'll just log on to the clan server after work tonight and see if you guys are on.

I will be on tonight. If no one is on the clan server, I will be on the other one we have been playing at, IP is downstairs, I will repost it in a little while ( was sleeping, and heading to trade in my N64)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I don't know...going rogue and sneaking about the back part of the map as a spec ops and planting C4 all over the map was awfully fun.

BTW, is there really a large benefit to holding the airbase in the back where the MECs start? All we ended up doing was destroying the radar station, the artillery, a few jets, and the command center. Gameplay-wise, it didn't really seem to affect the game too much in our favor.

[/QUOTE]
It seems to more or less depend on the team, especially their teamwork/competency of their commander. If they have their stuff together, they'll be relying heavily on art/scan/uav. One game I was playing, they got so pissed at me, they sent a squad of five after me when I dropped into their base :lol:

And on that same note, plenty of MECs will spawn there, due to the air vehicles. If any of their soldiers get tied up there, they're not at the cap points.

I'll probably be on tonight (might be late PST time tho, around 11PM-whenever). I was on the clan server today (it was empty), but with just myself on there i was getting between 170-200 ping X_X....

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I will be on right after I figure out how to configure the mic from the battlefield pre-order[/QUOTE]

I still do not think I have it properly connected ( I get voice but only through the speakers, and my headset connector is way too short), but what they hey, I am headed to either

the top is where we first started playing and the second is the clan server (just typing them again for anyone who missed out)

EDIT: mine was a constant 48

[quote name='jam3582']im copying some bigass files right now so I cant get on yet . Ill join in the clan server after im done .[/QUOTE]

no one was on either server. I plan on looking for another server to play in a little while.

Bobx has got some pretty good JSF skills.

Anyway, I might be a little late to tomorrow's meetup. I most likely won't be, but there is a possibility so I wanted to let mooky know.

I swear to God, someone slipped me somekind of gaming pilot steroids or something....I should've been dead SO many times :lol:

And on a more serious note, even if there are only a couple of people in the CAG server, it wouldn't be a bad thing to stick around and just practice flying or anything else. Steve, casey, and I practiced flying for about a half hour or so, and I could see improvement in that time in all of us.

Hahaha...slip me some of those 'roids then. That was freakin' amazing.

That's one good thing about having a relatively empty server. I was just on earlier in the day flying around and scouting the map, but it's pretty fun flying around getting a hang of the controls with live targets running around.

Bobx13 was definately owning it up with the planes tonight--good game guys nice to see some of us actually on the server!

Ok, is it just me or is anyone else getting constant connection problems that cause the game to skip and stutter even though ping stays relatively constant?

I'm thinking it's my wireless connection not having enough juice, but I run everything else perfectly smooth off the same connection (Guild Wars, CS:S, etc).

The only hiccups I got tonight were 1-2 seconds of random bad lag (despite ping staying constant)....that usually put my jet right in front of the crane :bomb:
I thought it was just my CPU/GPU trying to catch up, but maybe not, if I wasn't the only one having problems.

[quote name='b0bx13']I thought it was just my CPU/GPU trying to catch up, but maybe not, if I wasn't the only one having problems.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JDMxB']Ok, is it just me or is anyone else getting constant connection problems that cause the game to skip and stutter even though ping stays relatively constant?[/QUOTE]

Argh I was afraid the CPU being a 2500 XP might not be enough. I haven't noticed any of these problems myself but I've only been on with a max of 3 people total playing. I have paintball this morning and much of this afternoon, but tonight say 9pm-10pm-ish can some of you guys hop on and I will remote into the box and watch the CPU and RAM counters in the task manager so we can get to the bottom of this? I will hop on AIM tonight and try to catch some of you guys. The other possibility could be the Ethernet switch the server sits on. If my theory about the jitters you guys are seeing isn't the server itself the switch is the next best place to look.

[quote name='bokch0y']Argh I was afraid the CPU being a 2500 XP might not be enough. I haven't noticed any of these problems myself but I've only been on with a max of 3 people total playing. I have paintball this morning and much of this afternoon, but tonight say 9pm-10pm-ish can some of you guys hop on and I will remote into the box and watch the CPU and RAM counters in the task manager so we can get to the bottom of this? I will hop on AIM tonight and try to catch some of you guys. The other possibility could be the Ethernet switch the server sits on. If my theory about the jitters you guys are seeing isn't the server itself the switch is the next best place to look.[/QUOTE]

Well, I have a 3.0Ghz with a Geforce 6800 PCI-E, and it even hiccups for me, so I doubt it's all of our computers causing this many problems. I'm sure some of us can get on tonight, seeing as we have a clan match :bouncy:

sorry I couldnt make last night guys . It seemed like more the huge files I had took me longer than expected . Although I did get on for a few minutes I didnt see anyone on any of the 2 servers . I should be on tonight .

hey, sorry guys I can't make it tonight, I have a basketball tourney in Orange county, and I'm staying over night and for me thats an hour drive. I should be making net wednesday's meeting.

I think it's the wireless connection i'm on...although it works fine for other games, I've read a few posts on totalbf2.net and others have issues playing ANY battlefield game with wireless connections. I guess it's just EA and their bad net code.

http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=5789

I'm assuming everyone else is running hardwired?

And yea, the PCs aren't the culprit, it's most likely bad coding...i'm on 3700+ San Diego and a X800XL.

[quote name='Marshal']Well, I have a 3.0Ghz with a Geforce 6800 PCI-E, and it even hiccups for me, so I doubt it's all of our computers causing this many problems. I'm sure some of us can get on tonight, seeing as we have a clan match :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JDMxB']And yea, the PCs aren't the culprit, it's most likely bad coding...i'm on 3700+ San Diego and a X800XL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah guys sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't accusing you of having crappy machines, I was refering to the servers specs. I just got back from paintball, so I'm getting cleaned up and heading over to the colo space to try a different NIC (instead of the onboard POS), and try installing a new switch. Hopefully just like any other problem throwing money at it will make it go away.

[quote name='help1']Whats the official server? And besides the info I posted, what do I need to sign up?[/QUOTE]

Its 209.145.66.254, or cag.ntelos.net Mooky is supposed to be working on getting bf2.cheapassgamer.com set up, but I haven't heard anything from him on it.

Mooky how about putting the servers IP and hostname in the first post?

Ok guys, we put in the new NIC and installed a new switch so hopefully the stutter problems will go away. If not I will start looking at BF2 forums to see if there is something else I can address. Happy motoring and see you all tonight.

[quote name='bokch0y']Ok guys, we put in the new NIC and installed a new switch so hopefully the stutter problems will go away. If not I will start looking at BF2 forums to see if there is something else I can address. Happy motoring and see you all tonight.[/QUOTE]

awesome. I am going to try and get on a little early tonight and play if anyone wants to practice before we meet at the official time (I know I still want to work on my flying, I think I have the choppers down pretty well, but the attacking with the jets have fudged me up)

hopefully more people show up next time but I had fun.

and Mooky when you went to the 64 player server I tried to follow but I guess it was full as it would not let me join (only pointing out b/c I know I said I would follow you)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']hopefully more people show up next time but I had fun.

and Mooky when you went to the 64 player server I tried to follow but I guess it was full as it would not let me join (only pointing out b/c I know I said I would follow you)[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get in either. Perhaps on clan nights if we decide to leave the server we could all get on AIM and Mooky could find a server then he could yell the IP to me or Chachi and we could distribute it via IM. Anyway I had a good time playing with everyone, I can't wait until next Wed.

[quote name='bokch0y']I couldn't get in either. Perhaps on clan nights if we decide to leave the server we could all get on AIM and Mooky could find a server then he could yell the IP to me or Chachi and we could distribute it via IM. Anyway I had a good time playing with everyone, I can't wait until next Wed.[/QUOTE]

download XFire. It shows you the server you are playing on so that you can play with your friends and they do not have to leave that server.

The join game option isn't available for the demo, but it will be for the final retail right?

Also, my PC shut down right after some "stryker" guy joined our game and I got in the chopper with him. That was odd...never happened before. But it was still fun learning how to fly around the map.

hey guys... really sorry I havn't been able to play with you all yet. My computer is being really wonky with the demo. Hoping it clears up/I figure out the problem by wed.

I will keep you all updated!

[quote name='Marshal']Happy Father's Day to all of you (even though I doubt any of you are fathers!)[/QUOTE]

I am thanks.

Seeing as it is fathers day I dunno if imma be on tonight dunno if the misses is gonna take me out somewhere . But anywho Ill try to join in if I get back at a resonable time .

Sweet, Battlefield 1942/DC self proclaimed pro here.... :D I"ll hook-up when the retail comes out, I'm not one for downloading 600mb files. Quick question, is chopper flying the same as in the original BF?

crystalklear64 (CAG) /// (crystalklear64 (AIM)

I'm going to be on the CAG server after the Pistons-Spurs game, if anyone else would like to join.

[quote name='JDMxB']I'm going to be on the CAG server after the Pistons-Spurs game, if anyone else would like to join.[/QUOTE]

I may get on. I need to do some homework and get up early so it is up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back