The "Official" Battlefield 2 CAG clan - come to our own CAG Server!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jam3582']man If only I knew that at the time I didnt know much about black friday until I joined the boards. are there deals for the newest vid card during black fridays?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure there was a deal on a 6800 (I think it was a GT) for like 200 bucks last year.

I picked up 9600 two years ago for 70 bucks after a 25 dollar rebate

The list below is the sign up sheet... just quote it from the post above you and take off the quote markers and add yourself to the list. Dont commit if you cant show up.

Saturday: June 25th - 10PM

1. {CAG}Mookyjooky [Game installed & no mic, but may change soon]
2. {CAG}DrChoy [Game installed, mic, headphones, two hookers, and an eightball]

Tuesday : June 28th - 9:00PM

The list below is the sign up sheet... just quote it from the post above you and take off the quote markers and add yourself to the list. Dont commit if you cant show up.

3. {CaG}NoodLe [game installed,have mic, havent tried it yet though]

3. {CaG}NoodLe [might need a reminder for tues before the game]

4. JebusMclucifer [game installed, mic.]

5. {CAG}Marshal [Game installed, mic, locked, cocked, and ready to rock]

Guys stop leaving parts of the list out...

It was for Sat and Tue, then it became tue...now its for an undisclosed time.

--------------------------------------------------
Start from here

5. {CAG}Marshal [Game installed, mic, locked, cocked, and ready to rock]
6.{CAG}CaseyRyback [Game installed, mic, headphones, game won't play]

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Man, only one person so far? Has this clan completely died or what? Does any of the first few clan people actually play?[/QUOTE]

im still here just having serious bug issues with the game cant seem to play on any server before I keep getting a crash to desktop error.

I played single player just fine so its not my hardware it has to be a bug in the game or something very fustrating and I kno casey cant get on cause of his drive wont let it install.

Im still with the clan just trying to get the stupid game to work.

[quote name='jam3582']im still here just having serious bug issues with the game cant seem to play on any server before I keep getting a crash to desktop error.

I played single player just fine so its not my hardware it has to be a bug in the game or something very fustrating and I kno casey cant get on cause of his drive wont let it install.

Im still with the clan just trying to get the stupid game to work.[/QUOTE]

Jam if you have a firewall try disabling it as a test. I know the one integrated into my mobo threw a fit the first time I tried to take the game online and locked my box up.

The manual says to close out everything when you play. Firewalls, Instant messengers,and anything else you might have running in the background. Kind of harsh, but I guess it needs the whole comp to itself to run smoothly.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Guys stop leaving parts of the list out...

It was for Sat and Tue, then it became tue...now its for an undisclosed time.

Start from here

4. JebusMclucifer [game installed, mic.][/QUOTE]

Is that Sat. 10pm EST? I'm on the west coast, so just wondering.

[quote name='bokch0y']Jam if you have a firewall try disabling it as a test. I know the one integrated into my mobo threw a fit the first time I tried to take the game online and locked my box up.[/QUOTE]

thanks man I was playing with no problems. I dont know why I never tried that earlier. Been playing for an hour just to see how it was running and it was smooth .

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']The manual says to close out everything when you play. Firewalls, Instant messengers,and anything else you might have running in the background. Kind of harsh, but I guess it needs the whole comp to itself to run smoothly.[/QUOTE]

double duh I should have read the manual myself and thought of that solution.Thanks also

5. {CAG}Jam3582 [game installed,mic everything working now]

im good for tuesday.

[quote name='beefynutcase']Is that Sat. 10pm EST? I'm on the west coast, so just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Yeah everything is EST.

4. {CAG}SteveMcQ [game installed, but mic not working...trying to fix it, please help]

6. {CAG}SteveMcQ [game installed, but mic not working]

JD, Noodle, and A7slam and I were on late last night practicing on the server. Tons of fun and I think we've got a few pilots in the making.

http://eagames.boards.ea.com/[email protected]@.3bd05c20

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=13392&tid=1681842

at least I am not the only one with this problem. Though from the sound of it, I may have to throw down a good wad of cash and get a DVD burner instead of a regular drive because of all the problems DVD games have with regular DVD rom drives ( I read Brothers in arms was having all types of problems with DVD-rom drives as well, and it was a game I was wanting to pick up soon). Kind of sucks because I already spent 60 on a memory upgrade (got a 30 dollar rebate, but it takes 2 months to arrive)

going to try the game at my friends and then decide what to do.

good games tonight guys. Not only are we cheap ass gamers, but we use cheap ass tactics to kill each other... ***Cough*** TEchnique *Cough*

Technique is in the game, but he's off somewhere probably for dinner. moebackus just signed on after I signed off. I might play later tonight though.

I got it today. I have it running, but its looking AND chugging like ass (much worse than the demo), so I'll try to have it running decent by the end of the weekend so I can meet up with you guys next week.

I've got to hop into a game with the Gulf of Oman map to compare it with the demo, but it looks about the same to me and running similarly. Though it does sometimes seem like the texture resolutions change during the course of the game. One moment, they're sharp and clear, the next they're not so great-looking.

And my stats...games from yesterday still haven't registered. Everything's a zero. Sucks.

4. {CAG}SteveMcQ [game installed, but mic not working...trying to fix it, please help]

7. {CAG}JDMxB [game installed, no mic yet waiting for amazon.com]

JD, Noodle, and A7slam and I were on late last night practicing on the server. Tons of fun and I think we've got a few pilots in the making.

That midair crash between me in the cobra and one of you guys (A7slam)? was awesome.

[quote name='JDMxB']That midair crash between me in the cobra and one of you guys (A7slam)? was awesome.[/QUOTE]
I think that was me. I remember asking what happened since I just exploded in mid-air without the sounds of a missile lock-on or gunfire.

I will have to bow out of tonight's match due to new dinner plans. I'll stop by the server after I get back to see if anyone is still playing though. :)

--------------------------------

3. {CAG}SteveMcQ [game installed, but mic not working...trying to fix it, please help]

7. {CAG}JDMxB [game installed, no mic yet waiting for amazon.com]

not going to sign up on the sign in sheet because of all the problems I have been having, but I got the game to work. All I had to do was defragment my drive with the game on it.. . I feel like such an idiot

well... I have the game... and I reformatted...

but my comp still crashes when I try to play it

:( idk what to do now... my specs more than meet the standards. I'm gonna look into other options soon.

[quote name='StealthySeal']well... I have the game... and I reformatted...

:( idk what to do now... my specs more than meet the standards. I'm gonna look into other options soon.[/QUOTE]

check the planetbattlefield.com forums. They have a whole forum with technical problems and many people have been having similar problems

[quote name='StealthySeal']well... I have the game... and I reformatted...

:( idk what to do now... my specs more than meet the standards. I'm gonna look into other options soon.[/QUOTE]

try this

[quote name=' Noodle Pirate!'] The manual says to close out everything when you play. Firewalls, Instant messengers,and anything else you might have running in the background. Kind of harsh, but I guess it needs the whole comp to itself to run smoothly. [/QUOTE]

It has worked for me and I have been smooth sailing from there .

I still can't figure out my mic issue. I open up Sound Recorder in Windows and it picks up the sound (though it outputs it through the speakers), so it's not muted, but in-game it does nothing.

BTW, is there a way to make our servers a ranked one? Might be a good way to get more CAGs to join up on it and if it becomes too busy we could put a password on it perhaps.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I still can't figure out my mic issue. I open up Sound Recorder in Windows and it picks up the sound (though it outputs it through the speakers), so it's not muted, but in-game it does nothing.

BTW, is there a way to make our servers a ranked one? Might be a good way to get more CAGs to join up on it and if it becomes too busy we could put a password on it perhaps.[/QUOTE]

Having a ranked server would be cool, but I'm not sure how EA hands 'em out.

I think I got all the kinks finally worked out. So I should be there tuesday, as long as I have no more problems (not signing up until monday to be safe)

I didn't know this until today but you have to hold the 'b' key down to talk with (only) your squad. If you're the squad leader, you can also hold the 'v' key to talk to the commander. If you're not part of a squad, you can't talk to anyone.

I would guess that the commander only talks to squad leaders using the 'v' key but not having been a commander, no clue.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I still can't figure out my mic issue. I open up Sound Recorder in Windows and it picks up the sound (though it outputs it through the speakers), so it's not muted, but in-game it does nothing.

BTW, is there a way to make our servers a ranked one? Might be a good way to get more CAGs to join up on it and if it becomes too busy we could put a password on it perhaps.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Johnny Postman']I didn't know this until today but you have to hold the 'b' key down to talk with (only) your squad. If you're the squad leader, you can also hold the 'v' key to talk to the commander. If you're not part of a squad, you can't talk to anyone.

I would guess that the commander only talks to squad leaders using the 'v' key but not having been a commander, no clue.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, but I do hold the B button when I'm in a squad. It still doesn't work. And at times, even when I hold the B button down, the mic icon doesn't show up. I really have no idea what the deal is. This is one of the reasons I'm not too big on PC gaming. At least with consoles, it's all plug and play.

I am getting a brand new NVidia Card today from BB along with BF2 for Free! Woo!

So anyways, I'll probably be joining the clan if that's ok with you guys.

My name in game will be: Lordwow (or {CAG}Lordwow) or something along those lines. No Mic yet, but soon (have to pay off the new card first.

So how did it go last night ? sorry I couldnt make it I was at the movies watching batman begins which by the way is a hot ass movie. I think you have to pay for the ranked servers im not so sure .

What type of mic do you have steve ? is it a USB one or is it the regular one you plug into the back of your card . Have you tried testing it out in the audio options in the game ?

Im gonna try and play on the server but usually no one is there at all Dosent anyone play there atleast for fun . Ill be on tonight .

I would play more on the cag server if you didnt have to wait for 1 other person to join to start a game. Its really annoying. It would be nice to be able to go in any time and practice flying or look for nice sniping spots on the maps. I guess the game doesnt like you to do it that way though.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']I would play more on the cag server if you didnt have to wait for 1 other person to join to start a game. Its really annoying. It would be nice to be able to go in any time and practice flying or look for nice sniping spots on the maps. I guess the game doesnt like you to do it that way though.[/QUOTE]

You can, you just have to deal with the text in the middle of the screen that says "Game will start when 1 more player joins" or whatever. Other than that you can fly, drive, scout out the map... etc.

I (ColonFeral) was on at the 10pm meet time last night, but only saw 2 other CaGs on. There were 2 guys from some ? clan also, though I don't know if they were from here or just 2 guys gettin some practice in. Either way I had a decent little bout with em, 2 vs 1 and I more than held my own. It's be nice to see more people play on the CaG server, if just to work on some squad tactics, everytime I join a squad on a ranked server noone communicates and it's all very chaotic.

[quote name='jam3582']What type of mic do you have steve ? is it a USB one or is it the regular one you plug into the back of your card . Have you tried testing it out in the audio options in the game ?[/QUOTE]
It's the regular type with the connections for mic and headset like the one that came with the BF2 pre-order. I tried it in the game settings, but nothing. Works in Windows Sound Recorder though.

I had some connection issues last night so I didn't get on 'till around midnight CST. I ended up in a pretty good ranked server with very little lag. It was limited to 24 people, but at least it was playable. I've actually seen Marsh on the server before, that's how I found it.

I'd jump on the CAG server, but no one seems to ever be on and I keep wanting to get some ranked points even though nothing seems to be registering yet.

I hope they fix the TK situtation. Someone fuckin decided to crash their copter into my car, which gave me two TK's and on top of that someone punished me. Another time I mined the hell out of an enemy tank to make sure he could not take the flag, and one of team members got pissed when it blew him up (I laid 5 mines around it, so he must have been blind)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I hope they fix the TK situtation. Someone fuckin decided to crash their copter into my car, which gave me two TK's and on top of that someone punished me. Another time I mined the hell out of an enemy tank to make sure he could not take the flag, and one of team members got pissed when it blew him up (I laid 5 mines around it, so he must have been blind)[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. Last night I was playing a medic and I revived a guy, he says thanks, then I tossed a grenade at the location where his killer was hiding. He sees me throw yet he still sprints straight over there only to be blown up with the enemy. Of course he decides to punish me... wtf!?! I have been TKed many times so far but never punished anyone because they all seemed like accidents and I gave the benefit of the doubt.

[quote name='beefynutcase']I hear ya. Last night I was playing a medic and I revived a guy, he says thanks, then I tossed a grenade at the location where his killer was hiding. He sees me throw yet he still sprints straight over there only to be blown up with the enemy. Of course he decides to punish me... wtf!?! I have been TKed many times so far but never punished anyone because they all seemed like accidents and I gave the benefit of the doubt.[/QUOTE]

thats exactly the way I am. I know that I cannot always tell friend from foe so I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Just pisses me off people are such assholes

haha I stopped playing engie becasue my own team drove over my mines more then the enemy did. Yes they always punish for being blind and stupid. Not worth getting banned because of their stupidity.
I think lately the points seem to update every night, so check back every 24 hours for your updated profile. It's working for me cause i made LCpl. and unlocked 1 weapon. Just make sure you stay till the end of the game and dont leave early cause I think they dont report if you leave before the game ends.

Anyone know if you get points for taking out the enemy artillery or radar? I played a match in which as a Spec Ops I destroyed the opposing team's artillery three times in a row and I noticed no points being added for it. Seems like that's what that kit is for, if medics get heal points and engies get repair points... maybe I just missed it.

[quote name='beefynutcase']Anyone know if you get points for taking out the enemy artillery or radar? I played a match in which as a Spec Ops I destroyed the opposing team's artillery three times in a row and I noticed no points being added for it. Seems like that's what that kit is for, if medics get heal points and engies get repair points... maybe I just missed it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you get points...But I did get a Spec Ops badge thingy the match i really went Spec Ops (goin after artillery, etc.). I agree about how you should get points though. Sniper's don't have anything special to do though eh? Maybe mine-kills?...

I hope the ranked server situation gets better (if I can get in, it'll lag quite a bit(especially 64-player servers, which i avoid now pretty much))...And I can't find any servers that have the BattleRecorder thing set up right :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back