The "Official" Battlefield 2 CAG clan - come to our own CAG Server!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my copy! I've already installed and verified server is working with the retail version (server has been upgraded since yesterday). Mooky's girl is picking up his copy and Chachi should have his tonight too. Who else is going to be on?

[quote name='bokch0y']Got my copy! I've already installed and verified server is working with the retail version (server has been upgraded since yesterday). Mooky's girl is picking up his copy and Chachi should have his tonight too. Who else is going to be on?[/QUOTE]

I am ill join the server as soon as I get on at home.

just picked my copy up and am installing it as I type this

I gotta go wash my car and get something to eat, but I will be on around 4

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Gonna clean up the PC, tweak it, then install and I'll be on. What time we meeting tonight?[/QUOTE]

I should be on anytime after 8 so it does not matter to me

I'm not in the clan, but I'd like to play. If the server isn't full then I'll see you guys later tonight.

I finally got some people to respond to my voice chat, and it seems to be working fine.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']anyone else get errors when they install their DVD version?

it says the disc is not in the drive[/QUOTE]

If you have Alcohol 110% or some other software that adds a virtual drive, turn off the virtual drive or uninstall the software...

Sounds like its some gay piracy protection.

Also, check your DVD drivers.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']If you have Alcohol 110% or some other software that adds a virtual drive, turn off the virtual drive or uninstall the software...

Sounds like its some gay piracy protection.

Also, check your DVD drivers.[/QUOTE]

I don't have any of those, but I will check the drivers

[quote name='CaseyRyback']anyone else get errors when they install their DVD version?

it says the disc is not in the drive[/QUOTE]

Nope went right through for me. If it doesn't work after checking the drivers, call the store and tell them it won't install and you want the CD version. Threaten to get stabolicious if necessary.

[quote name='bokch0y']Nope went right through for me. If it doesn't work after checking the drivers, call the store and tell them it won't install and you want the CD version. Threaten to get stabolicious if necessary.[/QUOTE]

I would, but I think it is something on my end and I want to fix it. I just tried to play MOH: PA (I got it yesterday) and I got the same problem.

think I got it figured out. It was not listed in the BF section but in the MOH section it says that my DVD combo drive has comp. with the software protection (mooky called it, gay software protection)

I won't be able to pick up my copy until either tomorrow or friday, my mall is kinda a drive for me, and i have basketball bboth days.

EDIT: scratch that, I'm heading up there later, but won't be able to play until tomorrow, or very late tonight.

Ok so when we announce meeting times, what time zone are we talking about?

I'm on the west coast for example, and it seems like when i'm on (after work at about 10) everyone from the east coast is going to be asleep already.

Maybe we can find a happy medium, or maybe just announce what time zone.

I have my copy in hand, just have to go in to work at 5pm PST...and off at 10. I'll be on after i get home for anyone still awake...

[quote name='JDMxB']Ok so when we announce meeting times, what time zone are we talking about?

I'm on the west coast for example, and it seems like when i'm on (after work at about 10) everyone from the east coast is going to be asleep already.

Maybe we can find a happy medium, or maybe just announce what time zone.

I have my copy in hand, just have to go in to work at 5pm PST...and off at 10. I'll be on after i get home for anyone still awake...[/QUOTE]

I always post "Eastern" with the times, AFAIK...

I'm gonna start getting more organized soon...and dropping off the people who dont actually get on with all of us.

I don't think I will make it tonight. fucking game still will not run right, even after updating the drives firmware.

I sent them an e-mail so hopefully they can fix my problem

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't think I will make it tonight. fucking game still will not run right, even after updating the drives firmware.

I sent them an e-mail so hopefully they can fix my problem[/QUOTE]

It's cool man, no stress... I possibly might not be on either. Reimaging / backup my PC.

I hope when my DVD version comes tomorrow in the mail, it'll install ok. I did do the thing on my DVD drive to make it region free ("flashed it"? i forgot the term), but I've never had problems before (like with UT2004). Have fun tonight guys!

Didn't feel like waiting for my preorder so I went and just picked it up. Ill stop by the server to see if anyone is playing , if not then ill find some laggy disconnecting 64 player server to screw around on.

been tryinh to get on the server but it keeps freazin my system.

anyone else having a problem with the game. I cant even get one game in I go 5 minutes into the match and bam its freezes . This is getting fustrating I had to manually restart my comp like 7 times Im am about ready to give it . :bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='SteveMcQ']i played it for about 2 hours straight a little while ago. and the cag server is empty.[/QUOTE]

I have been trying to get in but I keep getting frozen .

For those who haven't had the chance to play it yet. FYI Ranked servers are lagtastic and you will get rubberbanded,and disconned alot.
Regular servers are normal lag like the demo.

Also don't play with the sound up too high or youll wee yourself when you get a medal, it just pops out at you with a loud drum roll without warning. :p

Got an email saying my copy shipped. So I should have it in hand Friday (or tomorrow, if I'm lucky and they sent the confirmation late).

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']For those who haven't had the chance to play it yet. FYI Ranked servers are lagtastic and you will get rubberbanded,and disconned alot.
Regular servers are normal lag like the demo.

Also don't play with the sound up too high or youll wee yourself when you get a medal, it just pops out at you with a loud drum roll without warning. :p[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the ranked servers I playd in were soooo laggy. The dune buggies were impossible to hit and if people started to jump there was no way to hit them.

Sucks, too. Isn't that the only way to advance in rank? I played a couple games in a ranked server and whole bunch in normal ones. I looked in my stats on BFHQ and nothing's changed. What gives?

jam...did you get it working? Sorry I didn't get your message, I was in-game and I turn off the sounds on Xfire. Does it just crash to desktop everytime and where? Tried checking your RAM? I had that problem and that was the problem.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, the ranked servers I playd in were soooo laggy. The dune buggies were impossible to hit and if people started to jump there was no way to hit them.

Sucks, too. Isn't that the only way to advance in rank? I played a couple games in a ranked server and whole bunch in normal ones. I looked in my stats on BFHQ and nothing's changed. What gives?

jam...did you get it working? Sorry I didn't get your message, I was in-game and I turn off the sounds on Xfire. Does it just crash to desktop everytime and where? Tried checking your RAM? I had that problem and that was the problem.[/QUOTE]

in the modern combat beta, it always took a few hours for stats to be updated so it may be the same with the PC version.

I hope it registers and the lag in the ranked servers improves as I likely won't deal with those if it isn't fixed. That'd suck, too. I'd like to see what unlocks are available.

Everything was working well for a while , it registered my first game fine then after that the servers got all laggy and nothing i have played since then has been registered, so its either slow or down completely. Not worth the agravation i think.
I unlocked a bunch of medals but i doubt i will see them since they dont update :(
The only one that registered was my combat medic.

Man, it took me at least half an hour to get the game set up and all... What a hassle. Not only that, but I can't have my firewall or McAfee up when I play, which is a real turn off. Besides that, though, it's been pretty smooth for me. All I had to do is find the ranked servers with the least amount of ping, and it was fine, except for: 1. The stats are being tracked, I think, but it takes HOURS for them to update; and 2. Whenever it nears the end of the round for me (I.E. a team has 5 or less tickets left) it will say "you have a problem with your connection" until the round is over. Weird.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, the ranked servers I playd in were soooo laggy. The dune buggies were impossible to hit and if people started to jump there was no way to hit them.

jam...did you get it working? Sorry I didn't get your message, I was in-game and I turn off the sounds on Xfire. Does it just crash to desktop everytime and where? Tried checking your RAM? I had that problem and that was the problem.[/QUOTE]

Thats ok , I just gave up after about 2 hours trying to get a stable game. Now what is this about checking my ram ? how would I go about it ?

I hope you can hop on tonight. Though it is game 7 so that might have to be watched first.

Anyway, look up MemTest and download that. I think you can get an ISO of it, burn it to a disc and boot up Windows with that disc in and it'll run some tests on your RAM. If that comes up empty then maybe you're overheating. I know exactly how you feel. I had the same problem with Doom crashing constantly. Turns out my RAM was bad.

Marshal...yeah, I get that bad connection too near the end of rounds. Hopefully the problems with the ranked servers are fixed.

BTW, anyway to change your skins in the game? It shows models for the armies and the kit, but it doesn't seem to change for me. It always reverts to the Anti-Tank kit. Is that changeable or something I have to unlock through ranked games?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I hope you can hop on tonight. Though it is game 7 so that might have to be watched first.

Anyway, look up MemTest and download that. I think you can get an ISO of it, burn it to a disc and boot up Windows with that disc in and it'll run some tests on your RAM. If that comes up empty then maybe you're overheating. I know exactly how you feel. I had the same problem with Doom crashing constantly. Turns out my RAM was bad.

Marshal...yeah, I get that bad connection too near the end of rounds. Hopefully the problems with the ranked servers are fixed.

BTW, anyway to change your skins in the game? It shows models for the armies and the kit, but it doesn't seem to change for me. It always reverts to the Anti-Tank kit. Is that changeable or something I have to unlock through ranked games?[/QUOTE]

alright thanks for the suggestion I will do that ASAP.

Is there any way to refresh individual servers? I'm so tired of having to enter a game to see what my ping really is with that server.
I don't know about you guys, but my list of servers is comprised of mostly 0 ping or 999 ping servers. Battlefield 2's server selection makes me long for Steam....

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I reformatted my PC. Hopefully it will now install and I can start playing with you guys[/QUOTE]

hopefully it wont crash on you . Stevemcq I tried the memory test and its fine no errors. I tried playing my other games roller coaster tycoon, riddick, half life 2 and none of them crashed.

I just checked planetbattlefield.com forum's to see if I could find some help. From the posts I have read alot of people have problems . Alot of them are getting crash to desktop errors. My error is just the game freezing on me just as I am about to start to play . I dunno I think imma maybe wait for a patch or until someone finds a solution for it.

That sucks jam, hopefully they patch for those having problems.

Are we playing tonight? I wanna try out our server, but no one's ever on when I hop on at night. With the NBA Finals tonight, I'm guessing it's gonna be a fairly slow night.

Ok everything is running smooth on my end, I was in the CAG server right now and it's empty.

For anyone wanting to play, i'll be on the CAG server immediately after Game 7 tonight.

Hope to see some of you there.

still no dice on it working.

I am going to go and buy a new DVD rom drive, and if that fails I am going to try and get EA to send me a CD version instead

[quote name='CaseyRyback']still no dice on it working.

I am going to go and buy a new DVD rom drive, and if that fails I am going to try and get EA to send me a CD version instead[/QUOTE]

damn no luck huh that sucks . wish I was playing already I dont know what to do now .

yea these glitches are really ruining the game. Hopefully a patch is released shortly so many of these problems get minimized and we can all enjoy the game (because this is starting to sour me on it).

I also think I may contact technical support for my drive later today before purchasing a new one to see if they can help me fix it. I hope it is something trivial so I will not be out thirty bucks

[quote name='CaseyRyback']yea these glitches are really ruining the game. Hopefully a patch is released shortly so many of these problems get minimized and we can all enjoy the game (because this is starting to sour me on it).

I also think I may contact technical support for my drive later today before purchasing a new one to see if they can help me fix it. I hope it is something trivial so I will not be out thirty bucks[/QUOTE]

And this is why the PC market is declining... Jesus, bill gates needs to come in a spruce this up or something...

Also, Dropping $500-600 on a graphics card is fucking rediculous.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']And this is why the PC market is declining... Jesus, bill gates needs to come in a spruce this up or something...

Also, Dropping $500-600 on a graphics card is fucking rediculous.[/QUOTE]

very ridiculous , I bout the radeon x800 xt pe edition back in december and It was 550 . Now the new nvidia card is out and it totally trumps my card now im envious of who ever owns that card .

Imma try battfield again to see if im lucky and get to play atleast one minute .

Just letting everyone know, I'll be making a new thread soon... condensing this one.

In the meantime - everyone in the clan post on if you have the game working on your machine yet, if you have headphones...and if you're availible for this Sat and next Tue.

The list below is the sign up sheet... just quote it from the post above you and take of the quote markers and add yourself to the list. Dont commit if you cant show up.

Saturday: June 25th - 10PM

1. {CAG}Mookyjooky [Game installed & no mic, but may change soon]

Tuesday : June 28th - 9:00PM

1. {CAG}Mookyjooky [Game installed & no mic, but may change soon]

[quote name='jam3582']very ridiculous , I bout the radeon x800 xt pe edition back in december and It was 550 . Now the new nvidia card is out and it totally trumps my card now im envious of who ever owns that card .

Imma try battfield again to see if im lucky and get to play atleast one minute .[/QUOTE]

Black Friday is your best friend when it comes to graphics card

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Black Friday is your best friend when it comes to graphics card[/QUOTE]

man If only I knew that at the time I didnt know much about black friday until I joined the boards. are there deals for the newest vid card during black fridays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back