The "Official" Battlefield 2 CAG clan - come to our own CAG Server!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
should be able to play tonight (though I will probably be on late because I want to watch the Closer premiere, as I am a sucker for a cop drama)

I may hit up the Best Buy on the other side of town later tonight as well, since Best Buy was selling some sticks of 256 for really cheap, and I know this game is going to be taxing on my system, so I want to get it to run as smooth as possible (I already got my 512, so I am set with a little less than a gig)

[quote name='humidore']Is there a problem if your in-game name doesn't have "{CAG}" infront of it? I can try to make a new account, but I think I used 2 email address already (first one didn't work, blah blah blah ;))...It's no big deal anyway.
[/QUOTE]

I've got to make a new account as well...but in the long run it'll be easier because It'll be hard for any of us to know who's who with out the tag. We'll be playing on other servers with other people...and I wont know to tell you to get in the chopper with me if I think that you might be some TKing fag, because I dont know who you are... If you've played online, then you've experenced some of the gayness... I would like to know if that person is clan, or not clan...cause I can expect not clan to be a retard and not squad up and run around TKing...

[quote name='humidore']Also, what are the alternate weapons? Are they in the demo, or are they the ones you need a patch or something to unlock them? I don't know the names of the weapons at all (just the classes they are assigned to, for the most part), it's a bitch when you get killed and don't know what class did it (which kinda helps i guess)...[/QUOTE]

They're alternate weapons...just not in the demo. ;-)

im good for wensday also sounds great cant wait . I guess il practice with the other classes also. I see I wasnt the only one with sniper problems. For some reason the retical is pretty off I kno I snipe someone dead in the head and nuttin happens very annoying.

I thought it was just my mouse settings then with sniping. At times I'd seemingly hit someone 4 times and they wouldn't flinch. Other times I'd hit 'em square in the chest and they'd die.

I'm in for Wednesday as well. There isn't an option to edit your account name huh? I guess I'll have to make a new one as well. My current one is the same as my CAG name. So it should read "{CAG} SteveMcQ"?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I thought it was just my mouse settings then with sniping. At times I'd seemingly hit someone 4 times and they wouldn't flinch. Other times I'd hit 'em square in the chest and they'd die.

I'm in for Wednesday as well. There isn't an option to edit your account name huh? I guess I'll have to make a new one as well. My current one is the same as my CAG name. So it should read "{CAG} SteveMcQ"?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Alot of people have different names on BF2, than CAG...so the {CAG} will let everyone know you're cool.

I know this is annoying everyone, but I'm doing it as well...because I figured you could just change names in game. It's BS that you cant.

So it should read like this : "{CAG} Mookyjooky"

[quote name='help1']im installing right now, are there a lot of bugs?[/QUOTE]

Yea, roaches and bees....

Seriously...I havent seen too many. I've crashed once, but its an EA game...and its a demo.

[quote name='help1']im installing right now, are there a lot of bugs?[/QUOTE]
not really just more graphical glitches I think But after a few rounds on the same server the game runs perfect .

Mooky...I just tried creating a new account with that clan identifier in the front, but the "{" is an illegal character. I don't know if you've actually tried doing it yet or if I'm just getting an odd problem on my own.

I used the "Create Account" option on the startup screen on the Multiplayer tab.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Mooky...I just tried creating a new account with that clan identifier in the front, but the "{" is an illegal character. I don't know if you've actually tried doing it yet or if I'm just getting an odd problem on my own.

I used the "Create Account" option on the startup screen on the Multiplayer tab.[/QUOTE]

No, no its not, the SPACE is the illegal chracter.

Yea It must be the space because I was able to input that character....My name is {CAG}DaNotorious1

in order to use the headset u need sometime type of program like teamspeak ?

oh and SteveMcQ I raised the anit-aliasing to 6x and it was still running smooth , I didnt see any graphical glitches either .

I would like to know as well because I could not hear anything from my headset.

The only thing I could hear was the gmae going on, not anyone speaking

also can anyone tell he how to seperate my sound so that the game comes out my speakers and not out my headset?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Also, anyone interested in having our own BF2 server? I was thinking about getting a company to host our own server...but for a 32 player server its $120.00 bucks a month...anyone interested in splitting the bill for being in the clan? Like if we get 20 members, not a far stretch in the least...we can split it to about $5 bucks a month...anyone down?

I'll pay gladly $20 bucks a month for being the main Mod.[/QUOTE]

felt the need to bump this up since I think it is a great idea and it has not been talked about in a few days. I just played for about 3 hours tonight, and if I was not going on 4 hours of sleep would have played a ton more.

Can't wait to play with you guys on Wednesday, and after playing a while I think I would be a fairly good offensive engineer since I am a tank whore:D and I constantly attack flags (and most people migrate to flags being taken allowing people to have their vehicle fixed in the mean time)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I would like to know as well because I could not hear anything from my headset.

The only thing I could hear was the gmae going on, not anyone speaking

also can anyone tell he how to seperate my sound so that the game comes out my speakers and not out my headset?[/QUOTE]

ill help yah ,ok go to control panel then to sound audio devices , after that go to voice switch voice playback to what ever your sound card is then apply . If im correct ur using the socom headset also correct ?

If so the headset autimatically will change the sound to ur headset. I think you only need to change the settings once . Thats all I did and it worked fine I didnt have to reconfigure it again hope this helps.

[quote name='jam3582']ill help yah ,ok go to control panel then to sound audio devices , after that go to voice switch voice playback to what ever your sound card is then apply . If im correct ur using the socom headset also correct ?

If so the headset autimatically will change the sound to ur headset. I think you only need to change the settings once . Thats all I did and it worked fine I didnt have to reconfigure it again hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

thanks. I think that should fix it.

EDIT: just tried it with WMP, and it did. Thanks again

[quote name='CaseyRyback']thanks. I think that should fix it.

EDIT: just tried it with WMP, and it did. Thanks again[/QUOTE]

no prob glad to be of service

for anyone interested Just saw this guide for those of us here who have minor problems running the game or dont have a very high end system. http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html

Im trying to dig up info on the question I asked earlier ( how do we use the mic in the game ) on planetbattlefield.com

But I do have to work earlier in the mornin so im a bit tired and might just drop if someone beats me to it plz feel free to post what u kno if not ill try to do it when im not busy at work .

How to use teamspeak...

http://www.goteamspeak.com/products.php?t=start

Its easy to connect to the servers via "Quick connect" in the "File" menu. (Think like FTP)

I'll give you'll a teamspeak server address on Wednesday....

Also, I'm throwing together a box now...It's a Athlon 2500XP box, with a Gig of ram on a 8 meg DSLAM...but if you would like to donate parts for the box or money to upgrade it, let me know, cause I doubt it could be a 64 player server at the moment.

I'll see if I can get it up by Wed.

Also, so everyone gets ready for it....

I think we might make the Teamspeak server talk only in ranking.

Meaning....

If you're a grunt, you can only speak to the squad leader. The only people who can talk to the commander are squad leaders.

So, (Like the real military) - you'll have to go though the chain of command.

The Commander, can talk to everyone.

That way, we dont have the commander overloaded with 800 requests....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday is gonna be so rad.... ;-)

[quote name='Mookyjooky']How to use teamspeak...

http://www.goteamspeak.com/products.php?t=start

Its easy to connect to the servers via "Quick connect" in the "File" menu. (Think like FTP)

I'll give you'll a teamspeak server address on Wednesday....

Also, I'm throwing together a box now...It's a Athlon 2500XP box, with a Gig of ram on a 8 meg DSLAM...but if you would like to donate parts for the box or money to upgrade it, let me know, cause I doubt it could be a 64 player server at the moment.

I'll see if I can get it up by Wed.[/QUOTE]

hotness what type of parts u need I do have my old dell that isnt doing anything for me right now dunno what parts world be useful anyway since its a dell . and that chain of command thing sounds great very cool feature.

I think that once we get this off the ground, the teamspeak server will be left up giving anyone the abilty to sign in a say whats up....

You'll be able to play with CAGs at anytime, provided the 1st on the server, writes the IP down. (You should get in the habit of that, I keep a notepad just for that and circle awesome servers after playing on it)

But, for not and untill BF2 (Not Demo Version) comes out...we'll keep it simple and hold traditional games on Wednesday at 9pm (Eastern) and Saturday at 11PM (Eastern)???

Hows that sound for everyone? We wouldnt want BF2 to take our lives over or anything... ;-)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']The Wednesday and Saturday evenings schedule sound good. I'll be setting up the TeamSpeak later tonight.[/QUOTE]

yep I agree sounds good! I'm assuming this "schedule" will chance when the actual game comes out?

and my name is {CAG}Renegade

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']yep I agree sounds good! I'm assuming this "schedule" will chance when the actual game comes out?

and my name is {CAG}Renegade[/QUOTE]

We'll see how the first couple go...I know alot of you are hardcore ;-) - but alot arent and have kids, jobs, wives, dogs, cats, bills, midgets, cars, lives, dead hookers and Big Screen TVs to tend to...and that shit takes time.

But someone will probably always be playing, and when they are...you can too.

Maybe we can decide on either using all seeing eye or that X-link?? or whatever to find each other easier online as well.

All in due time, lets just make sure everyone who wants to comes to the Wed game.

I love the mines in this game. I know I am going to die, but the second you move you are fucked. I have only seen one person online who knew to run from my mines before I laid them

[quote name='Mookyjooky']We'll see how the first couple go...I know alot of you are hardcore ;-) - but alot arent and have kids, jobs, wives, dogs, cats, bills, midgets, cars, lives, dead hookers and Big Screen TVs to tend to...and that shit takes time.

But someone will probably always be playing, and when they are...you can too.

Maybe we can decide on either using all seeing eye or that X-link?? or whatever to find each other easier online as well.

All in due time, lets just make sure everyone who wants to comes to the Wed game.[/QUOTE]

If by "dead hookers" you mean "summer classes," then yeah, I got those!:lol:

I hope we can find a mutually good server to practice on till retail, cause so far I've had limited luck finding a consistent one to play on. I'm in CA btw (with DSL), so I hope I don't get/cause lag....

I'll try to buy this once it comes out, but I'll likely have a wait a couple weeks. I'm downloading the demo now. My name will be {CAG}SamuraiFez

[quote name='Verbal']Anyone getting tired of this map...Only one more week....Gotta keep telling myself that[/QUOTE]

nah I love it I keep finding new hiding spots ,blind spots, red spots errr sorry um nah i love this map its pretty big cant wait for the rest I forgot how many they said but im still good for wensday hopefully my 2 year old daughter wont bug me at that time lol .

I'd like to get in on this, if possible. I've been getting 1st in most of the games I've played, but almost nobody wants to work together as a team, and it really irks me, as that is one of the key features in the game. Mooky ignored my PM, so I don't even know why I write this, as it'll probably just be ignored anyhow -_-. Oh well, it looks like it is shaping up to be a good clan, so might as well give it a shot.

The map hasn't gotten boring for me yet, but then again I've only had time to play about 2 hours, and mooky I suggest Xlink, as I know a few of us already have it, but I would also be fine with whatever other programs you would want to use.

and now my big problem is having enough money on launch day, I'm considering trading MG:A for psp in, get $20, then my mom will pay for the rest. and does anyone know of what quality the headset is?

[quote name='Marshal']I'd like to get in on this, if possible. I've been getting 1st in most of the games I've played, but almost nobody wants to work together as a team, and it really irks me, as that is one of the key features in the game. Mooky ignored my PM, so I don't even know why I write this, as it'll probably just be ignored anyhow -_-. Oh well, it looks like it is shaping up to be a good clan, so might as well give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

I didnt ignore you, I just dont really think to read PMs that often. Maybe you could of posted it in the thread.

Personally, me being the clan leader, even though I've added you to list....so far you're the lowest in my book for being such a whiney bitch. I'm debating on if the clan really wants to deal with people like you...we'll see I guess. But I picture you constantly complaining about what vehicle is "Your" vehicle, or bitching to the commander about how squad three isnt doing their job.

"So you sounds like you'll be highly annoying, so I don't even know why I write this, as it'll probably just be rebuttled with something annoying as well anyhow -_-. Oh well, it looks like it is shaping up to be a good clan, so might as well give it a shot."

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'll try to buy this once it comes out, but I'll likely have a wait a couple weeks. I'm downloading the demo now. My name will be {CAG}SamuraiFez[/QUOTE]

Do you have AIM?? I'll be using that to msg everyone before the match.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Do you have AIM?? I'll be using that to msg everyone before the match.[/QUOTE]

Why yes, yes I do. My AIM is Renegade Bullet. I'll also add you to Xfire.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Why yes, yes I do. My AIM is Renegade Bullet. I'll also add you to Xfire.[/QUOTE]

renegade bullet? dude we're like brothers or something. except my aim isn't renegade.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']renegade bullet? dude we're like brothers or something. except my aim isn't renegade.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I've noticed. Do you guys play a certain server? I can't stand playing with these clowns who just take off with an empty chopper.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Haha, I've noticed. Do you guys play a certain server? I can't stand playing with these clowns who just take off with an empty chopper.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Hopefully we will soon, I have some guys putting together a server.

Unfortunatly, I dont think it will be an official "Cheapassgamer Server" - just one we can play on all the time.

If you guys want to get a CAG server let me know and I'll rent one in my name and you guys could cough up $5 bucks each or so a month.

That would proably be the best option.

I've seen one 32 player for $120 a month and that would be so ill.

I would pay $20 a month and if 20 people could chip in $5....we could have it goin on!!

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I didnt ignore you, I just dont really think to read PMs that often. Maybe you could of posted it in the thread.

Personally, me being the clan leader, even though I've added you to list....so far you're the lowest in my book for being such a whiney bitch. I'm debating on if the clan really wants to deal with people like you...we'll see I guess. But I picture you constantly complaining about what vehicle is "Your" vehicle, or bitching to the commander about how squad three isnt doing their job.

"So you sounds like you'll be highly annoying, so I don't even know why I write this, as it'll probably just be rebuttled with something annoying as well anyhow -_-. Oh well, it looks like it is shaping up to be a good clan, so might as well give it a shot."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that WAS a bit "emo" of me, I'll admit. Sorry for that, and I'm looking forward to playing with the clan later on today. As for the server idea, if you get enough people, I can give about $5-10 a month on it, although it'd have to be through Paypal or snail mail.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']:lol: Hopefully we will soon, I have some guys putting together a server.

Unfortunatly, I dont think it will be an official "Cheapassgamer Server" - just one we can play on all the time.

If you guys want to get a CAG server let me know and I'll rent one in my name and you guys could cough up $5 bucks each or so a month.

That would proably be the best option.

I've seen one 32 player for $120 a month and that would be so ill.

I would pay $20 a month and if 20 people could chip in $5....we could have it goin on!![/QUOTE]

if we all chipped in 6 you would not have to be out the 20. Hell you already built the teamspeak server, you should not be out 20 on top of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back