TRU ad 3/9-3-15 Wiis - Buy SSBB, Save 50% on guide & select games

MidnightMetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah don't have specifics on ad quite yet but do know that Wiis and obviously SSBB is in the ad. Once I see/hear more specifics I'll be sure to post so stay tune.

But yeah Wiis and SSBB, no deals on the two yet (cross fingers)!

*UPDATE 3/5*

pic from briandadude
RotoT.jpg

Deal seems to be buy SSB:B get one of the following Wii games for half off
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ($50)
Bee Movie($40)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (i think $40)
Zack and Wiki ($30)
The Spiderwick Chronicles ($50)
MySims ($50)

and possibly the SSB:B guide book

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']First off every TRU WILL HAVE WIIs On Sunday 3/9 so get ready to get yours:
Ok now the deals;

Wii:
Buy SSBB get 50% off these selected games;
Mario and Sonic at the olympic games
BEE movie
Zack and Wiki
Rayman Raving Rabbits 2
Spiderwick Chronicals
My Sims
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Guide (Book)

Xbox 360, PS3, Ps2:
Buy One Great One 1/2 off these select titles:
Guitar Hero 3 (Software only)
Spiderman Friend or Foe
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 08
Skate
NFS Pro Street
Frontline Fuel Of War
Transformers
Tony Hawks Proving Ground
Simpsons Game
Hot Wheels Beat That
MX vs Atv Untamed
Monster Jam

Save $5 off these nickelodeon Games:
Dora Saves the Mermais Ps2 & ds
Go Diego Go Safari Rescue Ps2, ds, and Wii

Save $10 off These THQ DS games:
Zoo Tycoon 2
Paws& Claws Pet Resort
Are you Smarter Than a Fifth Grader
Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis[/quote]

Thanks to afilgueirasjr for the list of deals from the ad!

Yeah Thank you afilgueirasjr, i just got the info last night, didn't have a chance to update then, thanks Midnightmetal

I hope they have something good. I have yet to pre-order smash bros hoping that TRU does something like the galaxy deal.

[quote name='briandadude']It's buy Smash get another Wii game 50% off, may be limited to select titles.[/quote]

Do you know if that also works on a second copy of Smash Brothers, or which games it will include? Much like the Galaxy game I haven't seen any specific hints at a special pre-order bonus from anywhere other than circuit city.

If this really is a buy one get a second half off, I may just cancel that pre-order at Gamestop and grab this/no more heroes and call it a day.

[quote name='briandadude']It's buy Smash get another Wii game 50% off, may be limited to select titles.[/quote]

If you can provide evidence for this claim, I will love you forever won't have to go all the way to Circuit City, which would be great.

I will admit upfront that I have cannot guarantee that if you buy Smash you will get another Wii game half off. However, I have a couple tidbits that led me to the conclusion if you care to know.

1. CAG member NAmato posted the following in the Smash Deals thread:

"I crossed the border to NH last weekend (no sales tax!) and picked up a Wii at the Salem TRU. The employees were pushing Brawl pre-orders pretty hard claiming they already had taken over 180 and didn't plan on being able to get more than around 200 copies, "if you don't pre-order it you won't get it" blah blah blah. However, they claimed if you put down the $5 for the pre-order, you could get any other in stock Wii game 50% off when you pick up and pay for Brawl (I believe they said it had to be within the week following the release date). Checked quickly online and found no mention of this deal elsewhere so highly YMMV...but it can't hurt to ask."

2. A few days ago I went to toysrus.com and saw the image below on the far right of their homepage.

RotoT.jpg

(The image has since been removed and I had to scour some web caches to find this image again)

So there you have it, take it with a mound of salt. ;)

Yeah, that'd be 12.50 off for SSBB and another game. Like the above poster said, I would probably go for No More Heroes.
I'm betting there's going to be a gigantic Wii explosion result of "stop and go" masturbation of likes. You know, they're probably keeping Wiis ever so closer to that climax... then...
BOOM

hmm. I wonder if that second wii game be guirtar hero 3 bundle.

I know selling guitar hero 3 wii bundle on ebay brings back about 85 to 95% of the retail price.

I'll be at tru for their promotion.

Tru kicks ass.

I checked my receipt and the card I was given for the pre-order hoping to find some details and found no mention of the deal whatsoever...makes me a little nervous. When the employee spoke about it to those waiting in line for the Wii system that day, I asked if it was good for ANY game and she replied "Yes, well any Wii game we have in stock when you pick up Brawl." I didn't see any ads regarding this deal in the store that day, or in other TRU's I've been in since.

I went overboard on games after finally getting my hands on the console: beat No More Heros, working on Galaxy and Resident Evil 4 and got in on the Amazon Metroid deal last Friday. Didn't really think ahead, I would love to get another copy of Brawl for 50% off to sell for retail or trade, but something tells me TRU will have some rule to prevent this, such as a "1 per household" deal which they STRICTLY enforced on the console the day I got mine. If 2 people got out of the same car, they were assumed to be from the same household.

nice, I might be able to snag a Wii for my aunt since I have a TRU 10 minutes from my house. Thanks MidnightMetal!

[quote name='luffy_kun']am i the only one confused y this thread is stickied? there is no deal here, only speculation.[/quote]

No, you're not...

[quote name='Liquidrmx']does anyone know if Circuit city is doing the midnight launch?[/quote]

um.... I'd be happy if they just have the game when the store opens
every game i've ever pre ordered there has been late coming in 6pm.
:bomb:

yeah don't know why this is sticked either, but i just wanted to post for the definate of wiis and SSBB, and soon update w. deals, but yeah at moment it is just speculation on get SSBB get 50% off wii game.

oh and score braindadude for finding that image, lookes like deal is good but we'll have to see, and is it just me or is that a wii fit board on the bottom right? possibly a pre-order?

Just came from the TRU I pre-ordered at (Salem, NH) to confirm the deal. I was told that by pre-ordering I could purchase another in stock Wii game of EQUAL OR LESSER value for 50% off when I pick up Brawl the day it is released, no other restrictions aside from the price. I asked if it was company wide or exclusive to this store and was told by a manager that the deal is good at all TRU locations. One small sign (plain black text on everyday computer paper) at the counter stated something along the lines of ask an employee for details about Brawl pre-order specials. Hopefully it's good at all stores and this guy was right, but they're not going out of their way to let people know about it.

I decided not to ask about getting 2 copies of Brawl with the deal, that can wait until I'm in the store with the extra copy in hand..."But I was told as long as it's equal or lesser value, where are the restrictions listed?" Worth a shot I guess.

[quote name='NAmato']Just came from the TRU I pre-ordered at (Salem, NH) to confirm the deal. I was told that by pre-ordering I could purchase another in stock Wii game of EQUAL OR LESSER value for 50% off when I pick up Brawl the day it is released, no other restrictions aside from the price. I asked if it was company wide or exclusive to this store and was told by a manager that the deal is good at all TRU locations. One small sign (plain black text on everyday computer paper) at the counter stated something along the lines of ask an employee for details about Brawl pre-order specials. Hopefully it's good at all stores and this guy was right, but they're not going out of their way to let people know about it.

I decided not to ask about getting 2 copies of Brawl with the deal, that can wait until I'm in the store with the extra copy in hand..."But I was told as long as it's equal or lesser value, where are the restrictions listed?" Worth a shot I guess.[/quote]

This is what Im doing

I buy a game for 50% off.
Wait for Kart to come out.
Change it for Kart.
???????
Profit!!!

I think It could work since its a wii game. Or I could go to walmart, get a GC for the game and buy Kart with it. :applause:

I got SB for the 64, liked it, but I was never really, really into it. Maybe an age thing, not sure. My youngest brother had it for the GC, and I played it a few times, but never bought it. I'm semi-excited to get the Wii version as I feel it's something I'll be able to play 4 players besides Mario Party.

Kart is a different animal. I had the SNES version, 64 version the day it came out, and it was the first game I got for the GC. So, naturally that'll be a rare exception to my cheapass, never pay full price rule. Although, hopefully I'll be able to get it for under $50. I'm even more excited to play Mario Kart after reading previews that said the game will include 16 new tracks and 16 classic tracks from the previous Mario Kart games. Definitely a first day purchase.

I do wonder if Target will have SB on sale for $37.88 or whatever they do for newer games in a few weeks.

Excellent. I can get Brawl and Mario Galaxy in one shot for $75. I'm there.

Thanks to whoever confirmed this.

i wonder if you can buy two copies of SSB:B, at 50% off each. it's a long shot, and my logic at how it works fails when I run it through my mind, but it would be a great deal for me and a friend that wants to jump on SSB:B for $25 with me.

If it doesn't work, I think I'll get No More Heroes w/ SSB:B.

id be all over that but the tru in san diego have a tendency of not getting in their shipments -_- i pray its different this time around.

So this is only for pre-orders?

no open to anyone for the whole week, (assuming that SSBB is in-stock throught out the week)

Not sure if/how it would amount to getting two copies for $50, the sale is buy SSBB and get another Wii game 1/2 off, i assume SSBB would be acceptable but because your getting SSBB for the second copy does not make the first one 1/2 off, doesn't work that way. Hopefully that answered that question.

or it made things confusing and I'm starting a new mess :)

[quote name='Diebythesword']So this is only for pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

I took it to mean pre-order only as that was how it was explained to me at the store when I decided to do it...as I've said before, I've yet to come across any ad or written form of this deal online or in store, it's been strictly from the mouths of TRU employees.

That being said, if the picture in the OP is the TRU ad that will appear in papers on 3/9, it would make sense that a pre-order is NOT necessary since that is the day the game will be released.

If you're interested in the deal, just call a local TRU and find out. I was told by a manager today that it is EVERY Toys R Us store...but would feel pretty crappy if someone here went to their local TRU expecting the deal and ended up finding out their particular store is not participating.

Actual deal is buy SSBB and get 1 of 6 different games half off. Games are My Sims, Mario and Sonic, Bee Movie, Rayman 2, Zack, and Spiderwick. You can also choose the Strat Guide for SSBB for half off.

[quote name='chelosera91']This is what Im doing

I buy a game for 50% off.
Wait for Kart to come out.
Change it for Kart.
???????
Profit!!!

I think It could work since its a wii game. Or I could go to walmart, get a GC for the game and buy Kart with it. :applause:[/quote]
isn't that walmart part fraud?

[quote name='sren9']Actual deal is buy SSBB and get 1 of 6 different games half off. Games are My Sims, Mario and Sonic, Bee Movie, Rayman 2, Zack, and Spiderwick. You can also choose the Strat Guide for SSBB for half off.[/quote]

I'm gonna say that ruins this deal. Plus My Sims was just $25 on Amazon the other day.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I'm gonna say that ruins this deal. Plus My Sims was just $25 on Amazon the other day.[/quote]

I agree. That's why I'm going to wait for the ad to officially come out before deciding. I most likely will pre-order this time, because I was burned, like many, on Mario Galaxy and the gift card. Luckily, the CC pricematched.

[quote name='sren9']Actual deal is buy SSBB and get 1 of 6 different games half off. Games are My Sims, Mario and Sonic, Bee Movie, Rayman 2, Zack, and Spiderwick. You can also choose the Strat Guide for SSBB for half off.[/quote]Hmm... I want Zack and Wiki but I wanted Galaxy first. fuck, I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I go to pre-order it.

Circuit City might be a better bet, though...

Brawl and No more heroes for $75 would be rather nice... i hope this deal is real. I'll wait for some confirmation before preorder though.

[quote name='abhinav']Brawl and No more heroes for $75 would be rather nice... i hope this deal is real. I'll wait for some confirmation before preorder though.[/QUOTE]

The confirmation was six posts ago, and then quoted twice afterwards. You can read, right? :whistle2:s

Actual ad is available for store personnel...trust me...that is the actual deal...Pretty sure someone will post entire ad tomorrow...

[quote name='sren9']Actual ad is available for store personnel...trust me...that is the actual deal...Pretty sure someone will post entire ad tomorrow...[/quote]

Wait, so is the deal what you said it was (50% one of six games that nobody wants (Bee Movie) or everyone has (Z&W)), or what everyone else said it was (50% off any Wii game)?

I'm getting confused.

[quote name='garlinfreak']isn't that walmart part fraud?[/QUOTE]
no returns no exchanges no credit without reciept or credit card you used.

[quote name='XorpheusX']Wait, so is the deal what you said it was (50% one of six games that nobody wants (Bee Movie) or everyone has (Z&W)), or what everyone else said it was (50% off any Wii game)?

I'm getting confused.[/quote]
Well, that part is not true, but it should be!

Sort of thanks for killing the deal, sren. Blockbuster preorder stays.

[quote name='XorpheusX']Wait, so is the deal what you said it was (50% one of six games that nobody wants (Bee Movie) or everyone has (Z&W)), or what everyone else said it was (50% off any Wii game)?

I'm getting confused.[/QUOTE]

The former. The six games. The "deal" is what sren9 posted. He's worked at Toys R Us for some time now (and has given us plenty of good, correct information), so trust him before you do random forum posters.

Is this buy Brawl get another game for 50% off just for that Sunday or is it all week? I would love to get House of the Dead 2 & 3 for $15, however that comes out on Tuesday. Would I be able to buy Brawl on Sunday.. bring in my reciept and get House of the Dead on Tues/Wed for $15 ?

[quote name='lilboo']Is this buy Brawl get another game for 50% off just for that Sunday or is it all week? I would love to get House of the Dead 2 & 3 for $15, however that comes out on Tuesday. Would I be able to buy Brawl on Sunday.. bring in my reciept and get House of the Dead on Tues/Wed for $15 ?[/quote]You can only choose from six games as mentioned earlier.

bread's done
Back