The WRESTLEMANIA 24 Wrestling Thread! Wooooooooooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Davis

Banned
Since I'm writing this from my Wii because I'm cold and sick, I'm going to do a better OP tomorrow.

Anyway vote what Guyver should do on the Friday & Saturday preceding Wrestlemania. Should he go to Ring of Honor? TNA? Hall of Fame?

YOU DECIDE!

(not really)

wtf! lol you guys are nuts..

i say you all sell your roh tickets and get drunk instead :)

zen you might as well get your ass to orlando as well

anyone got an extra roh ticket for friday?

Have you ever been to a RoH show Guyver? I went on a whim back in January of 06 and have been hitting up the Philly shows when I can.

Are you scared that you might like it and have to follow a third company?
Is it cause you don't know any of the wrestlers?
Is it cause there's no wrestlers that you could mark out for?

Do the thread a favor and give RoH a shot.

Next time, let's a put a link to the new thread in the old one before locking it. You get a pass since you're sick, Zen.:)

the problem again is the money issue.. i have no problem "paying" for wrestling but im in a group everyone is either:

a. broke
b. not going to spend what they DO have on roh

Its that simple... id figure i have somewhat of a chance to make a tna show...

guyver, you need new friends.;)

[quote name='guyver2077']wtf! lol you guys are nuts..

i say you all sell your roh tickets and get drunk instead :)

zen you might as well get your ass to orlando as well

anyone got an extra roh ticket for friday?[/QUOTE]

If you want to pick me up from Jersey, I say lets do it!

By the way, my room is 87 degrees right now and I'm shiverring. Yay!

They'll have GA tickets at the door. Get on line 2 hours before the opening bell and you should get a clear view of the ring.

lol... i say fly to orlando. how much would that be? lol

too bad theres nothing going on this weekend in nyc.. im going up tomorrow

[quote name='Midnite']Have you ever been to a RoH show Guyver? I went on a whim back in January of 06 and have been hitting up the Philly shows when I can.

Do the thread a favor and give RoH a shot.[/QUOTE]

Did you go to the PPV?

[quote name='Zen Davis']Did you go to the PPV?[/QUOTE]

I was originally going but when they moved the date, I already had plans. A couple of my friends still went. They said it was pretty decent show, they said Nigel vs Black was the best match of the night. I'm thinking about hitting up the NY show at the Hammerstein Ballroom in May, it all depends on what my schedule looks like.

[quote name='guyver2077']lol... i say fly to orlando. how much would that be? lol

too bad theres nothing going on this weekend in nyc.. im going up tomorrow[/quote]

If you're in town bring me some medicine. Otherwise convince your lousy friends to make Hammerstein.

May 10th? Hmmm... I think I'll be between semesters then.

Still, driving from rural, southwest Virginia to New York would take hours and cost hundreds of dollars, I think I'll pass.

[quote name='Halo05']May 10th? Hmmm... I think I'll be between semesters then.

Still, driving from rural, southwest Virginia to New York would take hours and cost hundreds of dollars, I think I'll pass.[/quote]

There is talking of bringing TNA guys like Joe and Homicide in. At the very least, I expect them to be in attendance.

I'd vote for ROH, then HoF - after all, with TNA in Orlando, that's something you can see a few times a month. ROH doesn't come around that often (though FIP, the "alternate universe" of ROH, is Florida based) in the south.

As mentioned in the previous thread, the HOF is being held in the SAME building RAW will be in on Monday. The intimacy and level of care involved seems totally devoid. The "let's get dressed up" seems insanely retarded when you're in that large of an arena... I had tickets, but decided to skip HOF for ROH.

Guyver can still try to see TNA on SATURDAY mid-day when they run the show then. Or live on Thursday. As an FYI, if Guyver parks at Universal before 6, he still has to pay at least $10 parking. CityWalk clubs are also not free. So the comment that his cheap friends can be left there is sad. Though he's welcome to hitch a ride with me when we go. ;-)

On the Jeff Hardy front, Jeff's "house" was a double wide. The fact that no one mentioned that was ... odd.

To mykevermin: TNA next weekend is on Thursday (8-11ish), Friday (8-11ish), and Saturday (mid-day, does not compete with anything). In theory, Guyver could see at least ONE of those, ONE of ROH and HOF without competing. The real test is whether he'd rather see Supercard of Honor OR the HOF.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']
On the Jeff Hardy front, Jeff's "house" was a double wide. The fact that no one mentioned that was ... odd.[/QUOTE]

He's from North Carolina, it's a given.

[quote name='Halo05']He's from North Carolina, it's a given.[/QUOTE]

Not entirely. Matt has a "house" with a "garage."

[quote name='MrNEWZ']As an FYI, if Guyver parks at Universal before 6, he still has to pay at least $10 parking. CityWalk clubs are also not free. So the comment that his cheap friends can be left there is sad. Though he's welcome to hitch a ride with me when we go. ;-)
.[/quote]

I have an annual pass to universal so free parking for me :) I think that also gets me into city walk clubs as well

[quote name='Genocidal']Wrestlemania 25?[/QUOTE]

I've already got an excuse damn it. How long did you guys know I had it wrong?

[quote name='guyver2077']I have an annual pass to universal so free parking for me :) I think that also gets me into city walk clubs as well[/QUOTE]

I think what people are trying to say is that in some form, you should try to hit up ROH at least once that weekend.

[quote name='guyver2077']i say you all sell your roh tickets and get drunk instead :)[/QUOTE]

That's what I did last time I was in Orlando :lol:

Can't do it again because Wrestlemania weekend is a father/son trip :)

Here's that 15-20% off code I was talking about in the last thread.

You can now save 15%-20% off your order on all items listed on the website with no minimum purchase. This sale includes all DVD's, videos, tickets, figures, books, apparel, japanese merchandise, & more. Besides ROH DVD's you can also save money on Non-ROH items. You can save money with every order you place at www.rohwrestling.com. All orders under $50 save 15% off the order. Orders that are $50 and up can save 20% off the order.

This is also a great chance to save money on tickets to all upcoming live ROH events.

To redeem your 15% Off Coupon for orders under $50 just follow these 2 simple steps:
1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohwrestling.com
2) Enter the coupon code: march15 into the box marked Discount/Promotional Code when you are going thru the checkout process. The system will automatically generate the discount.

To redeem your 20% Off Coupon for order $50 and above just follow these 2 simple steps:
1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohwrestling.com
2) Enter the coupon code: march20 into the box marked Discount/Promotional Code when you are going thru the checkout process. The system will automatically generate the discount.

Offer ends on 3/26 at 10am EST. Shipping costs are not discountable. Gift certificates are not included in the sale. No adjustments to prior purchases. Offer valid only on new orders placed online at www.rohwrestling.com. Orders will only be discounted if you follow the steps listed above.

ROH HAMMERSTEIN NEWS!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Ring Of Honor is pulling out all the stops for the May 9th and 10th weekend. First, ROH is going southbound for its debut in Manasses, Virginia. The next night will see ROH move downstairs at the Manhattan Center in New York City for its first ever show in the historic Hammerstein Ballroom.

Manasses tickets just went on sale last Friday at www.ROHwrestling.com and first row are already sold out. There are only a few remaining second row seats. Hammerstein Ballroom tickets have been on sale at www.ROHwrestling.com and have become ROH's hottest ticket. No show in ROH history has gotten this big of an advance this early. ROH has one goal this weekend and that is to make an impact down South and add to the history of the Hammerstein Ballroom.

ROH has just reached an agreement with Pro Wrestling NOAH to bring GHC Heavyweight Champion Takeshi Morishima, Naomichi Marufuji and Go Shiozaki to both Virginia and Manhattan. This will be the first time in five months that Morishima and Marufuji will wrestle in ROH. The current talent roster for both shows looks like this:

-ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness
-ROH World Tag Team Champions Davey Richards & Rocky Romero
-FIP World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong
-GHC Heavyweight Champion Takeshi Morishima
-SHIMMER Champion Sara Del Rey
-GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Champion Naomichi Marufuji
-Austin Aries
-Bryan Danielson
-The Age Of The Fall of Jimmy Jacobs, Lacey, Tyler Black & Necro Butcher
-Jay & Mark Briscoe
-Go Shiozaki
-Claudio Castagoli
-Delirious
-Erick Stevens
-Plus many more to be added!!!

Keep checking the ROHwrestling.com Newswire for the latest news on both these huge events. Don't delay in getting your tickets as this could be the biggest weekend in ROH history!!!
[/FONT]

[quote name='guyver2077']I have an annual pass to universal so free parking for me :) I think that also gets me into city walk clubs as well[/QUOTE]

Cool. Me too. ;-) Free parking, but not the clubs. ;-)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Cool. Me too. ;-) Free parking, but not the clubs. ;-)[/quote]

its supposed to get you some extra shit but i dont remember.. i could of sworn it said something about city walk

[quote name='Midnite']Have you ever been to a RoH show Guyver? I went on a whim back in January of 06 and have been hitting up the Philly shows when I can.

Do the thread a favor and give RoH a shot.[/QUOTE]

He's afraid to go because there's no Goldberg or Cena there to mark out to. ;)

What a pedestrian show that was. The highlight was the tag title match, which wasn't all that good by the standards of their matches. Show vs. the Naturals and Luke Hawx was amusing, but Hawx's squash against Palumbo was better and more memorable. Seeing Show demolish that Naturals was amusing though. Edge-Funaki served no real purpose aside from making Cole sound like even more of an idiot by stating that Funaki winning could be big.

Similarly, 'Taker vs. Chavo wasn't good, had the worst-looking gogoplata yet by 'Taker, who grabbed both arms, leading to Chavo willingly giving up one arm to allow 'Taker to do the move, and then 'Taker couldn't properly grab Chavo's head to drive the throat onto the shin, but Chavo still lost and bled.

Then the Edge guys and Edge ran in, so they jobbed the ECW champion for no good reason, as the show-closing stuff with Edge and the Edgeheads beating 'Taker with chairs was the only thing that mattered. It was effective though, as Edge's insane, rage-filled facial expressions at least did SOMETHING to make me think of their match as a big deal. His bellowing after the attack about the streak definitively ending was good, too.

The VIP Lounge with Jericho was fine - nothing particularly amazing, but it built up MVP-Jericho for next week (which I'm looking forward to), and at least they found a new way to do the "Jericho mocks opponents on tron" joke by having alternate names for MVP instead of just photoshopping an image.

Quotes -
Coach - I’m a car connoisseur, and I believe that’s a ‘42 Chevy that Deuce and Domino are riding down in.
Coach - Normally, a 2-on-1 handicap match would favor the 2, but with the mindset Batista’s been in, I don’t think I’d want to be either Deuce or Domino right now.
Coach - What a...
Cole - SPEAR!
(after Batista kills them)Coach - Let’s not forget that Deuce and Domino aren’t slouches!
Maryse - I got eliminated first, this contest must be fixed. Cherry, you’re not a diva, you’re a dog.
T-Lo - Ladies and gentlemen, it is our third week of our SmackDown diva competition, where the winner will win a custom motorcycle!
Cole - There’s a great article on Eve in WWE Magazine - she’s a fan of bikinis and is a Rubik’s cube expert - she can solve one in under five minutes!
(to Michelle, before arm wrestling her)Victoria - I’M GONNA TAKE YOU TO THE GUN SHOW!
T-Lo - The diva that has been eliminated is… VICTORIA!
Victoria - WHAT!? I WANT A RECOUNT!
Cole - She’s doing her best Al Gore impersonation - asking for a recount.
(Michelle beats up Victoria)Cole - That’ll shut her up.
Coach - THAT’LL SHUT HER UP!
Adamle - Chris Jericho, after being hit with one of the biggest punches in Raw history, how do you feel?
Cole - It’d be a HUGE win for Funaki if he could pin Edge!
Coach - Ya think?
Cole - I don’t think showboating’s gonna help Edge against the deadman.
Coach - It’s not showboating, it’s confidence.
Cole - Call it what you will.
MVP - This ladder is very symbolic of my career - when I first signed my contract, it made me the highest paid entertainer in SmackDown history, then I won the United States champion, and I’m the longest-reigning U.S. champion in WWE HISTORY! I’ve beaten Kane, Batista, and Ric Flair - all former world champions. I’m going to Orlando, winning the briefcase, allowing me to wrestle for the world title whenever I want. I’m better than Morrison, Punk, Carlito, Mr. Kennedy, Shelton, and…(Y2J’s music hits)
Cole - For the first time in six years, SMACKDOWN IS JERICHO! CHRIS JERICHO, THAT IS!
Jericho - Now I know you were going to say that ayou’re better than me, but I couldn’t stay in the back and let you bore these fans to tears. I haven’t been on SmackDown in over five years and I’m so excited to be here, and there’s nothing I hate more than a young braggart with his own talk show. Allow me to introduce myself, I’m…
MVP - I know who you are, I invited you - you’re the 8 time IC champion, former undisupted champion, the AYATOLLA OF ROCK AND ROLLAH. Also, t he man who is bringing sexy back to the WWE, and the man who got his ass knocked out by the Big Show!
Jericho - So you’re a fan?
MVP - I’m more than a fan…
Jericho - You’re right - you’re over-rated, over-paid, wearing a Tar-get suit. You were blessed with your parents naming you “Montel Vontavious Porter” . Imagine if you were named Z.I.T. or L.O.S.E.R. But it would have been worse if you were named J.A.C.K.A.S.S - JACKASS!
MVP - So you come out here with the jokes? All you do is run your mouth. You’re gonna save us? From what? You couldn’t save yourself from JBL, Orton, or the Big Show’s fist! I’m going to Orlando and I’m gonna climb that ladder all the way to the top, and then I’m gonna grab the case and show the world why I’m better than you!
Jericho - That’s impressive, Montel, now let me show you what I’m gonna do (he hits him with the ladder)
(Khali’s theme hits)Cole - WHAT IS THIS!?
(after being up guys in the ECW battle royal)Cole - MARK HENRY WITH A PURPOSE!
Cole - What would you call that…beyond a head butt to the spine?
(after a Savage neck clothesline)Miz - THAT WAS GOOD, BABY!
Cole - Morrison says he wears those long trunks because it’s all about creative expression.
Coach - …and he looks good!
Cole - Things do not look good for the Undertaker - CHAVO GUERRERO’S HIS OPPONENT!
(before conchairto)Edge - FIFTEEN AND ONE, DEADMAN!
(after conchairto) Edge - IT’S OVER THIS YEAR, IT’S OVER!

Screens -

More screens -

Here's WWE The Music Volume 8 (not the Wal-Mart version, which has extra songs) -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ttn539

The Wal-Mart version has these songs -
1. Ashley - "Let's Light a Fire Tonight" (performed by Aiden)
2. Hornswoggle - "Hes Da Ma"
3. Santino Marella - "La Vittoria è Mia" ("Victory is Mine")

SANTINNOOOOOO! SANTINNOOOOOOO!

The track listing -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_The_Music,_Vol._8

Here's Volume 8 track-by-track

Jeff Hardy's most recent WWE theme -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yhbvov

Kofi Kingston, "SOS", his current theme -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vc00k8

Beth Phoenix's current theme -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8va63b

Mark Henry, "the Wall", not used on TV -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9qyvew

Hawkins and Ryder's current theme -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/o4ynig

Jillian Hall singing "Sliced Bread", her current theme -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/58iexz

Mr. McMahon (redone, not used on TV)-
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6gya14

ECW Theme (redone by Saliva)-
http://www.sendspace.com/file/579wv6

Jesse and Festus's current theme -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mx4bez

Candice Michelle -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mtsh1r

John Morrison's current theme -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gvvv6x

Shelton Benjamin's current theme -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1rjppc

Mr. Kennedy's current theme -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mg78wd

Chris Jericho (redone, not used on TV -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mx5a1q

I'd love to see Flair win at WM then give a farewell speech on Raw and retire. HBK certainly doesn't need a rub and Flair more than deserves to leave a winner.

Tonight's AWA show was memorable, as the Rockers match turned into an entertaining debacle once Knight almost fell off of Shawn's shoulders backwards, then fell off going forwards, leaving Shawn to look pissed beyond belief, but he didn't miss a beat beyond that, as he just went to town on him with stomps on the mat. It was also amusing that Trongard couldn't tell Dennis Stamp and Alex Knight apart at the end of the match, despite each man having different builds, skin tones, and different-colored ring attire.

The Hansen burial for him leaving before his world title match was amazing, as both Larry Nelson and Bockinkel came up with a way to make it seem like Bockwinkel being awarded the title meant more than him actually pinning Hansen. The main event was good, with Larry's stalling being used as an effective tool to begin the heat, and then continue it when DeBeers loudly stated that he wouldn't face anyone who wasn't 100% Caucasian was humorously over-the-top, especially when he apologized for it, and of course, the face feuding with him (Snuka) won out in the end as DeBeers was exposed as a coward throughout the match.

Quotes -
Nelson - From Alaska, the ORIGINAL ALASKAN, JAY YORK!
Trongard - Last week, the Midnight Rockers gave us an example of classic tag team wrestling - filling the Showboat, THE ENTERTAINMENT MECCA OF LAS VEGAS!
Blears - Professional wrestling is on ESPN, seen far and wide, from THOUSANDS OF MILES AWAY.
Trongard - I believe that Bockwinkel is a better wrestler today than he was 3 weeks ago.
Trongard - I think he’s a better wrestler because he’s champion, and I think he makes anyone who steps between the roof… the ropes better as well.
Blears - Yes, that is true. You have to be 25% better than you were if you want to beat a champion.
Blears - York’s got the boot up - that’s one of Giant Baba, out of Japan’s, favorite holds. Or move, rather, as it’s not a hold.
Blears - Don’t forget all you teenagers, coming up soon are the Midnight Rockers in a tag team thriller.
Blears - Bridging on the 22 inch neck is the Alaskan. Kids, build up your neck.
Trongard - Build up everything - you’ll need to be strong everywhere to succeed in wrestling.
Trongard - HERE’S THE BOCKWINKEL SLEEPER!
Blears - Nicky has used this move to great success in Europe, throughout Hawaii, and the mainland United States! Watched the eyes of the Alaska. It’s the coroded artery… carotid artery - I had a youngster call it that once.
Blears - It’s the deadly Japanese sleeper - please don’t try this at home. Only do it under the proper supervision.
Nelson - Stan Hansen turned and ran - I guess the only thing better than beating a man is making him run off the field.
Bockwinkel - Stan Hansen, you were in the building, but you ran. I take the victory with pride. I’ve never known the response I’ve gotten from becoming a four time world champion. I guess I’ve gained their trust - they’re a smart bunch. Before, when I was champion, I never gave any quarter, I never asked for one. Mr. Hansen, thanks for the compliment, as you ran and showed your tail to the world.
Blears - They’ve got the world ahead of them, and they’ll be world champions some day, and if I’m not here when that happens, remember that I said that. I hope to be here for a long time.
Blears - Fireman’s carry, a basic wrestling move in the amateurs, but also used here in the professionals.
(after Marty hits a dropkick)Trongard - OOOOOOHHHHHH MMMMYYYYYYYY! DROPKICK RIGHT TO THE FACE!
Blears - Ferris admonishing Shawn for not exiting the ring - a sign of a good referee, as he’s not showing favoritism towards the team that the fans are cheering for.
Blears - Don’t forget sports fans, Jimmy Snuka and Greg Gagne coming up!
(after a botched doomsday device lift up)Blears - Knight went for a victory roll - a move I used to use many years ago.
Blears - Shawn with a French back kick - la savate!
Blears - Dennis Stamp’s been around a long time. Not too long, but he knows where he’s going!
(Stamp tags out to Knight)Trongard - Knight tags out to Dennis Stamp!
Trongard - Good night, Mr. Knight!
Nelson - The victory for the Midnight Rockers!
Shawn - Thank you very much, you saw a different Midnight Rockers because last week, someone said that that we needed to kick somebody in the face and that’s just what we did! Rose and Somers, you can run, but you can’t hide!
Marty - Rose is always running his mouth, but if he was covered in snow, he’d be a walking blizzard!
Nelson - Midnight Rockers, they’re gonna get the belts sooner or later!
Bockwinkel - Rheighgans, was a medalist in the Olympics, is an awesome wrestler, coached at the ‘84 Olympics, and is finally a pro. He’s learned a lot of the catch as catch style in the professional ranks.
Bockwinkel - He’s used to Greco wrestling, which is very restricting, but he’s adapted well to the more free style of professional wrestling.
Bockwinkel - Pete Sanchez has a hand right by the hip, he could use that as a handle, and I would know, I’ve done it many times.
Nelson - You did it well.
Bockwinkel - Yes, yes I did.
Bockwinkel - Rheighans hits the ramrod, or whatever you call it.
Nelson - You don’t see it done any better in the NFL!
DeBeers - WAIT A MINUTE, THAT MAN ISN’T CAUCASIAN! THAT’S NOT SCOTT HALL!
Nelson - That man is Jimmy Snuka!
DeBeers - I DON’T WRESTLE ANYONE WHO ISN’T 100% CAUCASIAN, I’M SORRY!
Blears - There’s no love lost between DeBeers and Snuka, as DeBeers doesn’t want to face him because he’s from Fiji.
Trongard - Larry, you had some run-ins with Greg’s father, Verne, a long-time champion in the AWA.
Larry Hennig - Verne and I went at it for over 20 years, but I enjoy seeing Greg and my son Curt on the same side - it’s amazing to see how things have changed. On ESPN, they’re on the same team.
Blears - That’s the way the world is moving.
Trongard - We’re three minutes in, and correct me if I’m wrong, IS THAT NOT HOW EVERY LARRY ZBYSKO MATCH BEGINS!?
Blears - Greg is biding his time as well, waiting to strike.(Greg attacks)
Trongard - I think he heard ya! I know he didn’t, but I think he did!
Larry Hennig - When I see Greg in there, I see that French, that Gagne temper. Verne’s gotta be watching, and it’s gotta be a thrill for him.
Trongard - Greg’s a great football player, a great golfer - he’s an incredible all-around athlete.
Larry Hennig - Yes, he is.
Fans - LARRY SUCKS! LARRY SUCKS!
Trongard - I think that everyone’s waiting for when Snuka’s in there with Colonel DeBeers… HERE IT IS, AND DEBEERS SAYS NO!
Larry - He’s really showing his colors. He put it on the line, and decided to take a walk.
Trongard - Yes, he’s attacking Snuka from behind! Now he’s willing to go to work on Snuka!
(Snuka tags in)Blears - BOMBBSSS AWWWAYYY!
Trongard - Once again, it has completely drained me to cover Greg Gagne, Curt Hennig, and Jimmy Snuka!
Trongard - He’ll fight when he’s got the advantage, but not when it’s one on-one!
Larry Hennig - Way to go, son!

Screens -

Sonny Crockett in canary yellow

The Shawn botched doomsday device thing -

DAMN!

There's a Herb Abrams-run UWF marathon on ESPN Classic right now. It started at 1 PM EST, and will run until 8 PM. These shows are largely horrid, but do have some good Orndorff vs. Dr. Death stuff, and are amusing in a Plan 9-esque way, especially when they use shows from the promotion's dying days, which were run out of a high school gym and feature Adam Bomb swinging a giant axe, and John Tolos making absurd remarks every single second on commentary.

The original tapings are far better, and just have Herb Abrams yelling so often that he makes TNA's announce team sound subdued, and he screams over everyone who had any minor star power in the WWF. Also, Orndorff comes out to "You Can't Touch This".

I came into Wal-Mart with $25 in my pocket today and spent $20 of it on the WWE-produced WCCW DVD set, and it was worth it just for the documentary, where I learned some new details about a couple of the tragedies that surrounded the promotion. Namely that Gary Hart was so broken up about Gino Hernandez's death that he couldn't bear to look at a photo of him because it brought up too much pain.

Also, that Kerry killed himself on the tree that the brothers played at as a kid, and that Kevin saw Chris right before he killed himself, leading to Chris asking him if he'd found the note, Kevin not knowing what he was talking about, then Chris told him to leave, Kevin did, and when he came back, he found Chris on the ground convulsing, lifted him up, hugged him, and ended up putting his thumb into the hole Chris had blown into the back of his skull. Kevin also brought his mother with him, and couldn't protect her from the sight of seeing one of her sons dead in front of her.

There was a little boy, about 3 years old, in my store today. He had a Cena shirt on. He looked over at me and I waved my hand in front of my face. He immediately did the same thing and said "You can't see me!". The cuteness nearly killed me.:lol:

Hate to stray off topic, but I am trying to get back into Ring of Honor, but I am too broke to buy their DVD's. Does anyone here have a PWTorrents invite? I'll trade you a TVTorrents invite.

And if you get on your "Support Indy Wrestling" soapbox, trust me, I have.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Hate to stray off topic, but I am trying to get back into Ring of Honor, but I am too broke to buy their DVD's. Does anyone here have a PWTorrents invite? I'll trade you a TVTorrents invite.

And if you get on your "Support Indy Wrestling" soapbox, trust me, I have.[/quote]

You're missing Man Up.

Besides, you can get a crap ton of their DVDs from ebay for under $10 shipped.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=ring+of+honor&category0=

[quote name='NoDQ']Konnan has filed a lawsuit against TNA Wrestling claiming among other things racial discrimination, drug usage among top people and failure to pay for surgery. He underwent a hip replacement in 2007 and was loaned the money where as the company paid for Scott Steiner's throat surgery which he suffered during a show in Puerto Rico. After surgery, he still appeared on TNA television on a wheelchair. In July of the same year, he underwent kidney transplant after a fan decided to help out and donate his own kidney. The lawsuit says that TNA has 30 days to respond or reach settlement out of court.[/QUOTE]

Though I know this is only one side of the story, it sounds like Konnan has a point. Things like this make a good case for some sort of performer union and health care plan in the business, though I'm not sure how much weight I'd put on the "racial discrimination" claims.

I've always wondered what stops professional wrestlers from at least joining the Screen Actors Guild or something. There's not much apparent difference between actors on a sitcom and wrestlers on a TV show.

[quote name='JJSP']Though I know this is only one side of the story, it sounds like Konnan has a point. Things like this make a good case for some sort of performer union and health care plan in the business, though I'm not sure how much weight I'd put on the "racial discrimination" claims.[/quote]

I don't buy racial discrimination, and while I like Konnan, Steiner's injury occurred in the ring while working for TNA (I believe it was in the ring, at any rate). Konnan, OTOH, wants TNA to pay for the way he abused his own body over the past several decades - so he wants them to pay for damage he did to his own body while employed by other companies, and accrued mostly prior to the existence of TNA itself.

Bold.

I've always wondered what stops professional wrestlers from at least joining the Screen Actors Guild or something. There's not much apparent difference between actors on a sitcom and wrestlers on a TV show.

Promoters are about as willing to let wrestlers unionize as Wal-Mart is to let its employees unionize (there was one WM store whose employees voted to form a union, and WM immediately closed the store - about 12-18 months ago).

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Hate to stray off topic, but I am trying to get back into Ring of Honor, but I am too broke to buy their DVD's. Does anyone here have a PWTorrents invite? I'll trade you a TVTorrents invite.

And if you get on your "Support Indy Wrestling" soapbox, trust me, I have.[/QUOTE]

You know what.... screw Guyvernomics.... next time ROH comes to Minnesota we should demand for some Vanillanomics. Whatcha think VG..... care to bust out some Cena gear and show up to an ROH show all Cenaupped? ;)

Edit: Yeah you bet I'll be there to get pictures for all.... and to enjoy the show too. From the front row of course. :D

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']The Wal-Mart version has these songs -
1. Ashley - "Let's Light a Fire Tonight" (performed by Aiden)
2. Hornswoggle - "Hes Da Ma"
3. Santino Marella - "La Vittoria è Mia" ("Victory is Mine")

SANTINNOOOOOO! SANTINNOOOOOOO![/QUOTE]Ha! The Santino theme? Awesome! And what exactly is "Hes Da Ma"... is that the Irish jig music that Hornswaggle comes out to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back